Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Snooze can you out what you were doing then? Just.. say it, no point playing coy at this point.

There is a point of playing coy at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Also I thought Brutal Cop killed scum on investigate. ..No this doesn't line up at all. Meen visited Bif. And we know it wasn't a redirect because he claimed a /town/ result.

Yeah, even with the visit list being out of order that would mean that there had to be a scum result in Meen's results earlier if it was a redirect in an earlier night

Never mind that visiting me should have blocked them.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
if this verison of a brutal cop does just roleblock i guess that makes a bit of sense since you have both millers and parasites running around, but why the heck visit bif after they already claim miller?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
PA remind me, what was your n1 action?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ok i am going to watch police story 3 supercop

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Has there been any items lately to explain Toal

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Snooze Cruise posted:

PA remind me, what was your n1 action?

I didn't have one, Meen blocked me. And yeah I can confirm Toal gave me an item on night 2 and night 3.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Like it's kinda straight forward. We know four people visited Bif at some point during the game.

Toal gave Bif the Flare used on Night 2.
DBD is claiming rolecop.
Snooze is claiming.. nothing.
Meen has claimed to have NEVER visited Bif which is a loving lie provable by the 3 straight town results.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Snooze Cruise posted:

if this verison of a brutal cop does just roleblock i guess that makes a bit of sense since you have both millers and parasites running around, but why the heck visit bif after they already claim miller?

tbh Occam's Razor is that DBD is scum rolecop covering for Meen.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

..Actual crack theory.

DBD's telling the truth. Meen is a scum cop because the cop is here to FIND THE TRAITOR.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Dbd time to full claim

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Role cop huh, kill meen kill dbd call it a gg?

Feels like the game is silly close considering how much we killed scum with votes. :Weary:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Who cursed? It was wolo and another scum right?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I thought there was two curses for some raison.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Toalpaz posted:

Role cop huh, kill meen kill dbd call it a gg?

Feels like the game is silly close considering how much we killed scum with votes. :Weary:

Probably shouldn't set up future kills without knowing anything, but agreed at probably Meen first at the moment

But would like to see his posts and reasoning vote voting Jen out like that

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Probably shouldn't set up future kills without knowing anything, but agreed at probably Meen first at the moment

But would like to see his posts and reasoning vote voting Jen out like that

He's scum taking the free kill rather than explain why he was at Bif's while killing the person who was glued to Shell.

If Meen doesn't show up today, let's just kill him and (hopefully) end the game.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I mean tbh waiting for Meen is mostly a courtesy, we're killing him today anyways.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
All players receive the following message:

"Why bother waiting? Just kill Meen, it'll be fine."

Play continues.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
What if the intercom was a player not in the thread... :O !

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I didn't have one, Meen blocked me. And yeah I can confirm Toal gave me an item on night 2 and night 3.

Yes... im asking who the target was and etc.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

tbh that sounds like Toal?

And I also feel like playing coy at the moment. But just know that Opop says "Fuuuuuuuuck Yooooouuuuu" to everyone in the spookiest voice possible.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Either that or it's a scum psyop.

##vote: Meen

He was right here the moment thread opened to kill Jen yesterday and now we're at 18 hours without him showing up. Bored now.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I don't know, I'd like to wait for meen to show up. Just got off of a 6 hour travel ordeal and 3 hours of shopping with da gf. Idk I'm probably going to pass out but basically I feel like plastic is town, have you even claimed yet though?

Snooze full claim? This could be mylo,

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I'm just kinda at "there is no loving way Meen is town" between the provable lies and his assassination of Jen.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ok fine i can jail people who visit me. but because i am only told about visits after the roleblock i am mostly shooting in the dark and get constant fail results, its kinda annoying!!!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I'm just kinda at "there is no loving way Meen is town" between the provable lies and his assassination of Jen.

I'm sorry if you've pointed this out before but what lie? I know he's been milk toast and coasting and killed jen, but it would help me feel even more comfortable.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Toalpaz posted:

I'm sorry if you've pointed this out before but what lie? I know he's been milk toast and coasting and killed jen, but it would help me feel even more comfortable.

they visited bif, even if there was a redirect earlier in the game they should have got a scum check somewhere in those reports because bif was a miller

also now that i reveal the final piece of my role, i tried to jail meen last night and it failed, which shouldn't have been the case if meen did visit me

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Snooze Cruise posted:

they visited bif, even if there was a redirect earlier in the game they should have got a scum check somewhere in those reports because bif was a miller

also now that i reveal the final piece of my role, i tried to jail meen last night and it failed, which shouldn't have been the case if meen did visit me

can we please just end him now.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am fine with killing meen whenever but i do want to at least see them post so we can see an attempt of dragging themself out of this

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

I think he's just kinda abandoned the game.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

It's okay to post if you're on the hook meen, I do some of my best work under pressure. It can be liberating.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Toalpaz posted:

It's okay to post if you're on the hook meen, I do some of my best work under pressure. It can be liberating.

lol

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I spent 80% of this game confused but it just turns out scum kinda.. sucked..

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
(watch it not be Meen)

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Right. Let's start from the top.

1. I got a weird message with my night results from N3. Said something about memories changing and the past not being quite as I thought it was; I didn't notice anything different about my results at the time and I wanted to slam on Jen because I had no better ideas for who the announcer was with my cop result on Shellception, which was town.

2. After posting I reread the announcement and then kinda slapped my head at having hosed up. I opted to stay home because I figured something was loving my results up and sure enough, I got a very similar message at the beginning of today. I looked at my N4 result and it said scum-aligned, and also was clearly marked as having been edited as of whenever Somber resolved night stuff.

3. To be very clear here, my N3 results said my target was town-aligned still, but my N4 results changed from town-aligned to scum-aligned.

4. I've been trying to make sense of how this all worked out and I think what's happened is I've been hit with something that can cause me to wander and randomizes my results for one night. N3 I ended up at Maer's body, N4 I ended up with Bif. Stupidly unlikely but it's the only thing that makes sense.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

I don't expect anybody to believe me, but I don't really see another explanation of why I got those messages as clearly part of night results or why N4 changed but not N3. If you think I'm lying then follow the announcer's advice but before you do...

##ask Jen whose side do you think the announcer is on, scum or town?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Right. Let's start from the top.

1. I got a weird message with my night results from N2. Said something about memories changing and the past not being quite as I thought it was; I didn't notice anything different about my results at the time and I wanted to slam on Jen because I had no better ideas for who the announcer was with my cop result on Shellception, which was town.

2. After posting I reread the announcement and then kinda slapped my head at having hosed up. I opted to stay home because I figured something was loving my results up and sure enough, I got a very similar message at the beginning of today. I looked at my N4 result and it said scum-aligned, and also was clearly marked as having been edited as of whenever Somber resolved night stuff.

3. To be very clear here, my N2 results said my target was town-aligned still, but my N3 results changed from town-aligned to scum-aligned.

4. I've been trying to make sense of how this all worked out and I think what's happened is I've been hit with something that can cause me to wander and randomizes my results for one night. N2 I ended up at Maer's body, N3 I ended up with Bif. Stupidly unlikely but it's the only thing that makes sense.

ugh, stupid Maf edit, apologies

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
so what meen is saying was the butterfly effect was real all along

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

to ensure it's 100% clear since this is messing with my head and is not what I was expecting to have to deal with:

N1 = targeted Plastic, got TOWN
N2 = targeted Snooze, got TOWN
N3 = got weird message, N2 results still said TOWN, ignored it; targeted Shellception, got TOWN
N4 = got weird message again, results changed to SCUM, stayed home

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the problem with this explanation is i should have been able to jail you last night