Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
is there any danger for Omar's primary today? The right keeps crowing about how much money her opponent has but do they have any actual support?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Solaris 2.0 posted:

He's still a registered R but I can't find anything that would make him a CHUD.
Remaining a registered Republican at this point is a good enough indicator for me, dude.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i know your joking(and the chud isnt) but i feel like going for a white dude would be the most limted choice. it would end up being pete probably and maybe if the stars allined it would be bernie or some rando kain type.

Solaris 2.0 posted:

The Rock deciding to not engage in absolutely anything political since his post-wrestling career took off is one of the smartest decisions he has ever made. He's still a registered R but I can't find anything that would make him a CHUD.

i believe he is republican in the same way arnie is(at least now a days) where he probably believes in a some/bunch of the fisical poo poo but is mostly socially liberal or socially progressive.

Solaris 2.0 posted:

Wait he's in a wheelchair...he does realize what Hitler's plans for the disabled were, right? :psyduck:

as someone who is born with poo poo that makes them use a wheelchair alot. it seems alot of white dudes in politics who use wheelchairs are the ones who end up in them because of accidents/gently caress ups that leave them disabled also end up being some spectrum of chud. outside FDR and probably various activists.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

sexpig by night posted:

is there any danger for Omar's primary today? The right keeps crowing about how much money her opponent has but do they have any actual support?

dont believe so. i think she is pretty popular in her district.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

He was also at the DNC that year. Also I can't find anything about The Rock's current political registration? Closest I can find is someone saying he dropped Republican a while ago and now is registered as Independent?

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005
I'm not going to purity test the rock and neither should all of you.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

punishedkissinger posted:

the official party line is that #metoo needs to gently caress off and let the men get the job done now

The fact that this is true and seemingly no one within the party is pushing back against it openly is just depressing.

sexpig by night posted:

She seems safe? IIRC pretty much every person who has been touted as the silver bullet candidate to take her spot is either 1) crazy or 2) caught up in some fraudulent stuff related to their campaign. Or both.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

TyroneGoldstein posted:

Agreed, seems like a waste of time.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

spunkshui posted:

I actually have the pleasure of getting to interact with him and his family from time to time and I was impressed without knowing he talks poo poo on twitter.

That’s hilarious.

Hes a good one.

Oh yeah, he speaks pretty plainly during committee hearings and so on, as well. I would like to see him get a bit more national recognition for at least having a spine.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

TyroneGoldstein posted:

Agreed. We should know our role, and shut our mouths.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

TyroneGoldstein posted:

I'll test whatever rock I want

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
A reminder that geologists lick every rock.

Every.
Rock.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

tecnocrat posted:

Agreed. We should know our role, and shut our mouths.

There’s a lot of candy asses in D&D who won’t thought, but it doesn’t matter what they think.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1293253351312850944

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Push El Burrito posted:

He was also at the DNC that year. Also I can't find anything about The Rock's current political registration? Closest I can find is someone saying he dropped Republican a while ago and now is registered as Independent?

Yeah the WWE was having a "SmackDown Your Vote!" initiative mostly as a publicity stunt to try and get Al Gore and GWB to show up at a WWE event more than anything else (because Vince is the carniest fucker ever), and that involved wrestlers going to both the DNC and the RNC as well.

Of course anybody watching the product would see that it was more than obvious that Vince really wanted GWB to win. Because of course.

"I refuse to accept money from the one source that wouldn't end me politically in Florida" is a weird flex but ok.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It begins

https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/1293256841296842759

(Non Power 5s don’t count)

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

nine-gear crow posted:

There’s a lot of candy asses in D&D who won’t thought, but it doesn’t matter what they think.

I always kinda wanted him to follow me around in constant pep-talk mode, can you imagine how much poo poo you'd get done?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
The Rock made a great speech when the riots started and although it was a little vague, it was definitely not Chuddy

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1268396403711082496

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

She’s pretty well liked here in the district. Unless there’s a big upset I really can’t see that wiener Antone win. The only people that have really endorsed him iirc are the star tribune, and no one gives a poo poo about them as a publication

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

Can someone explain to me what this American "Registered Republican" or "Registered Democrat" concept means? I find it extremely confusing. Are you supposed to sign a document indicating your voting intentions?

In Canada you can be a member of a political party but there isn't some formal registration with the government for that. The party puts you on their members list, you can vote on party affairs depending on their rules and your donations are tax deductible. There's not much else to it that I'm aware of.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Kraftwerk posted:

Can someone explain to me what this American "Registered Republican" or "Registered Democrat" concept means? I find it extremely confusing. Are you supposed to sign a document indicating your voting intentions?

In Canada you can be a member of a political party but there isn't some formal registration with the government for that. The party puts you on their members list, you can vote on party affairs depending on their rules and your donations are tax deductible. There's not much else to it that I'm aware of.

With a few exceptions you have to be registered with a party to be able to vote for a candidate in a primary.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Kraftwerk posted:

It basically only matters for which ballot they give you during the primary, and even then depending on the state. Its mainly useful for political candidates to know who to target with mail ads

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kraftwerk posted:

It kind of varies from state to state but basically when you register to vote you are asked to put down your party of choice. Some states you can put none/independent/no party and be able to vote for whichever party's primary you wish as well as the general. But a lot of states make it that you can only vote in the primaries of the party you registered for. So if you aren't registered as a Republican you cannot vote in the Republican primary, and likewise for Democrat.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

He was also making noise about major budget cuts for next year yesterday at the state level

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

The SEC will absolutely stack bodies to play football games this fall.

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Sir Lemming posted:

The Rock made a great speech when the riots started and although it was a little vague, it was definitely not Chuddy

https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/1268396403711082496

I for one am glad The Rock is still cool :smith:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

I'm assuming they just don't have the 25% matching funds.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Angry_Ed posted:

Yeah the WWE was having a "SmackDown Your Vote!" initiative mostly as a publicity stunt to try and get Al Gore and GWB to show up at a WWE event more than anything else (because Vince is the carniest fucker ever), and that involved wrestlers going to both the DNC and the RNC as well.

Of course anybody watching the product would see that it was more than obvious that Vince really wanted GWB to win. Because of course.

"I refuse to accept money from the one source that wouldn't end me politically in Florida" is a weird flex but ok.
From what I understand DeSantis doesn't have any money in the budget to accept the offer. "We will give you $300 if you spend $100" isn't helpful if you don't have $100.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Absolutely infuriating.

https://twitter.com/TheTNHoller/status/1293257870692278278?s=20

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/MollyJongFast/status/1293248215656038400

https://twitter.com/MaxKennerly/status/1293233057001082882

https://twitter.com/HistoryMuppet/status/1293067646808858624

https://twitter.com/jbview/status/1293215797607895040

https://twitter.com/rgoodlaw/status/1293187781968027656

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

mdemone posted:

I always kinda wanted him to follow me around in constant pep-talk mode, can you imagine how much poo poo you'd get done?

I don't know what documentary it's part of, probably the one about the Iron Shiek, but someone asked him once about him coining the word "Jabroni", and he was like "No no no, I didn't coin it, I just made it popular. Jabroni's not the Rock's word, it's the Iron Sheik's word."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjD1yMU8x60

Very humble and personable, and I legit don't get what D&D bug up their rear end about him is.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

Whens that economy ruining supposed to happen because the Dow is up UP UP!!!

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Y'all remember the time D&D blew the surprise of Biden being Obama's VP pick by ordering him a pizza?

Good times

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

loving :lol:

Keep digging bitch

https://mobile.twitter.com/CawthornforNC/status/1293216274189877249
Eslecially since you deleted it

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

FlamingLiberal posted:

He was also making noise about major budget cuts for next year yesterday at the state level

Trying to pull a Brownback?

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

TwoQuestions posted:

Good odds on the Post Office completely shutting down on Election Day everywhere that's not Trump +10

The only doubt I have of this happening is Trump doesn't have the organizational capability to make this happen.
"Many people have told me that Election Day should be a federal holiday, so I am announcing that all federal agencies, federal buildings, and post offices will be closed on Election Day to allow our great, wonderful government employees the opportunity to go out and vote."

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Solaris 2.0 posted:

People of East Asian ancestry were a pretty reliable R constituency but like most things Trump and the modern GOP have pissed that away with the open faced racism.

I don't think they've been a reliable Republican constituency in modern history, and Asian-Americans in general haven't even been close to split since the 90s:

There's certainly variation, but Americans of East Asian ancestry by far dominate the demographic.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

The thing is that they may be sickeningly right. There is a double standard in this country. Liberals and leftists are always successfully blamed for problems.

Things are going to get worse people. Much worse.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

Covok posted:

The thing is that they may be sickeningly right. There is a double standard in this country. Liberals and leftists are always successfully blamed for problems.

Things are going to get worse people. Much worse.

Nah, if nothing gets signed it'll become incredibly obvious to even non-politically active people that Trump's EOs actually did nothing. They'd be way better off caving and signing something and then lying and claiming that anything good actually came from the EOs. There's still a long way to go until the election and while they will blame Dems for the lack of action, most people tend to assign blame to the party in power when bad stuff is actually happening and it looks like it's going to all come crumbling down long before they can pass that to Biden (even if they'll certainly try).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
This seems bad.

https://twitter.com/MULawPoll/status/1293241233045966850