Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

certified presidential

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Speedboat Jones posted:

2024 Republican Primary:

Ted Cruz
Josh Hawley
Lindsey Graham
Mike Pompeo
Ivanka Trump

there's of course going to be 40 of them running, but at the bare minimum it's gonna look something like this lol.

I hope this is it, because Biden will win in a landslide victory in 2024 if this is it.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/JeffSharlet/status/1349589258735128576?s=19

Its the new lovely Indiana Jones villain

Doom2020!
Dec 31, 2020

If you think this has a happy ending then you really haven't been paying attention

So took some time off the thread and it jumps over 100 pages. Jesus Goons.... so many Trump lols. A lollercaust if you will.

So can an ignorant foreigner ask some questions and you guys clarify as... I'm confused.

Trump is impeached, AGAIN, but is still going to sit in the office until the 20th? Is this impeachment just to keep him from getting his sweet former Pres benefits and he cannot run again? Since he was already impeached before how is this different? I'm down with that although I wish they'd boot him out proper like in a cartoon.

I hear and read many Republicans are like "Whoops my bad on the attempted revolt and murder. Forgive and forget?" They are going to get booted and jailed right? Like the "I'm 5 foot and I carry a gun and oh yeah can you guys kill Pelosi and dems please. Also she is here and now here" lady has to get removed at least, yeah?

This has to mean the Republicans are done as a party, correct? I mean.... I don't see how you can spin this as most have been blatantly allowing the nazis in and even the best of them really only took a stand after Herr Trump tried to kill them for not being Republican enough. So is the party done? Can the party itself be dissolved? I mean you at least remake it as just the Conservative Party or the The Oppressed Republican Interstate Electorates or anything but the Republican party as who the gently caress other than super crazy religious racists would vote for them at this point? Could the parties be remade? Maybe one for the common Labourers and one for the Conservatives but I would much rather have multiple parties as I think we have proved that two party systems are shite by now.

Sorry to ask so many questions in this thread but genuinely confused by American politics and this thread has given me a fucktonne of information so far. Really this thread has been more comprehensive coverage than any news network. Not sure that is a good thing but there it is.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

quote:

This has to mean the Republicans are done as a party, correct? I mean.... I don't see how you can spin this as most have been blatantly allowing the nazis in and even the best of them really only took a stand after Herr Trump tried to kill them for not being Republican enough.

Tens of millions of people still think Trump won and would vote for him in 2024.

If he survives til 2028 he’ll be a DNC speaker since the new republican politicians will make trungus look reasonable to morons.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Speedboat Jones posted:

2024 Republican Primary:

Ted Cruz
Josh Hawley
Lindsey Graham
Mike Pompeo
Ivanka Trump

there's of course going to be 40 of them running, but at the bare minimum it's gonna look something like this lol.

I'll probably regret saying this but I'm sort of excited to see the circus that the 2024 GOP primary will be

Rickshaw
Apr 11, 2004

just a coconut going for a stroll

Doom2020! posted:

I hear and read many Republicans are like "Whoops my bad on the attempted revolt and murder. Forgive and forget?" They are going to get booted and jailed right?

No.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Lol no, america doesn't discard parties very quickly. While trump is a cult of personality, he'll fade, the republican turnout will decrease and they'll depend on gerrymandering and voter suppression to maintain a balance of power same as it always was.

Anyone predicting the death of a political party doesn't understand that factions within parties l exist

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

I'll probably regret saying this but I'm sort of excited to see the circus that the 2024 GOP primary will be

*ground rumbles as literal Satan grows restless on his throne*

EuphrosyneD
Jan 25, 2004

Doom2020! posted:

So took some time off the thread and it jumps over 100 pages. Jesus Goons.... so many Trump lols. A lollercaust if you will.

So can an ignorant foreigner ask some questions and you guys clarify as... I'm confused.

Trump is impeached, AGAIN, but is still going to sit in the office until the 20th? Is this impeachment just to keep him from getting his sweet former Pres benefits and he cannot run again? Since he was already impeached before how is this different? I'm down with that although I wish they'd boot him out proper like in a cartoon.

I hear and read many Republicans are like "Whoops my bad on the attempted revolt and murder. Forgive and forget?" They are going to get booted and jailed right? Like the "I'm 5 foot and I carry a gun and oh yeah can you guys kill Pelosi and dems please. Also she is here and now here" lady has to get removed at least, yeah?

This has to mean the Republicans are done as a party, correct? I mean.... I don't see how you can spin this as most have been blatantly allowing the nazis in and even the best of them really only took a stand after Herr Trump tried to kill them for not being Republican enough. So is the party done? Can the party itself be dissolved? I mean you at least remake it as just the Conservative Party or the The Oppressed Republican Interstate Electorates or anything but the Republican party as who the gently caress other than super crazy religious racists would vote for them at this point? Could the parties be remade? Maybe one for the common Labourers and one for the Conservatives but I would much rather have multiple parties as I think we have proved that two party systems are shite by now.

Sorry to ask so many questions in this thread but genuinely confused by American politics and this thread has given me a fucktonne of information so far. Really this thread has been more comprehensive coverage than any news network. Not sure that is a good thing but there it is.

Impeachment of the president is equivalent to a criminal indictment by the House of Representatives; the trial is held in the Senate with the Senate body being the jury and the judge is the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. (edit) 66/100 of the Senate must vote to convict. (/edit) Because we have a Republican-controlled senate (for now) the trial will not be convened and Mitch is literally running out the clock until Trump's term formally expires. Trump was not convicted and thus not removed from office in his prior impeachment.

I don't know what will happen after Trump is a private citizen again.

As for the people involved in the House and Senate, the bodies can discipline themselves and expel or refuse to seat members, but that's probably not happening.

EuphrosyneD fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jan 14, 2021

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Ben's wife is getting schlonged lol

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

*ground rumbles as literal Satan grows restless on his throne*

I'd vote Satan tbh

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Doom2020! posted:

This has to mean the Republicans are done as a party, correct?

No, this part of history is going to be memory-holed within a few years. Hell, I'm 100% certain we're going to have some public figures and pundits saying that the events of these last few days straight-up never happened come 2024.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Wow, who would have thought someone with such a stupid name and haircut would be such a loving idiot?

Oh yeah, everyone.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.

DaveKap posted:

I love this poo poo because wearing something like this in a restaurant is the perfect way to guarantee you're eating someone's spit when you chow down.

Not if you're wearing it at Shooter's Grille in Rifle, Colorado.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

*files FEC document for the "Tazer Balls Heart Attack* Political Action Committee* THE TRUTH WILL BE KNOWN!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Another Bill posted:

Ben's wife is getting schlonged lol

aww, good for her

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

I preferred your last avatar, so I put it back. My apologies to the pedo who purchased your last one (it's always projection).

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Manager Hoyden posted:

No, this part of history is going to be memory-holed within a few years. Hell, I'm 100% certain we're going to have some public figures and pundits saying that the events of these last few days straight-up never happened come 2024.

It'll all be blamed on Obama in a roundabout way. If only he was nicer to conservatives... sigh.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
However this part seems to confuse people but Trump can still be convicted and prevented from running for office in the future after his presidency to be convicted would require two-thirds of the Senators present to vote for it however it only takes a simple majority after that to run a second vote to prevent him from running for office again.

Who knows what the gently caress will happen but if they do the trial after the 20th Kamala Harris would have to preside over it because the senate would be split 50-50

I still think we have some lols left in a tank

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Yada yada yada. KIDS!

LOL!!!

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
The repbulican party is a racist terrorist organization but half of america is so loving stupid they think Donald Trump is saving the constitution by trying to install himself as a tinpot dictator through a violent, armed mob of mouth breathing tards.

but this happened a week ago why the gently caress are we still talking about it?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

it dont matter posted:

This loving ghoul is 70% of the way to a post-lightning Palpatine.

Mitch and Sheev have both definitely said, "I am the Senate!"

Shania Twain
Aug 25, 2008
Has trump responded to anything?

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
Trump daddy impeached, so what?

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Shania Twain posted:

every time he hears a bird he yells at it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol I want to poke that chin, what the gently caress.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

Shania Twain posted:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

People are gonna go on a character-revival tour for Trump much sooner than you think.

loving dipshit centrists now talk about what a decent guy GWB is like he's not a loving war criminal and has the blood of thousands of Americans on his hands.

The attention-span of America is about four hours long and it's gonna kill us.

Ivan Dolvich
Oct 14, 2004

Shit bag. I use all ammunition for weapon

Trumpism in a nutshell

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

The incredible lean on our big wet president

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
https://twitter.com/joelcurrier/status/1349759731641032708?s=19

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
One of my childhood friends who never left my bumble gently caress town is an ardent Trumper.

This morning he changed his last name on Facebook to Knight. He's ready to be a DJT warrior. I'm ready for the lols.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It annoys me so much to see people with commercially tanned skins doing this. Like, you stupid loser, I can tell that you didn't hunt that fox dipshit. That's from a fur farm.

Gutter Phoenix
Jul 23, 2013

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Wildtortilla posted:

One of my childhood friends who never left my bumble gently caress town is an ardent Trumper.

This morning he changed his last name on Facebook to Knight. He's ready to be a DJT warrior. I'm ready for the lols.

Either that or he joined the Klan. :shrug:

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Wildtortilla posted:

That’s a klan thing bud

Evil Bob
May 2, 2004

've lived a thousand times. I found out what it means to be GBS.

"i done an oopsy daisy"

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING

(german voice) ach!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kru
Oct 5, 2003

Pick posted:

commercially tanned skins

trump_orange.jpg