Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

Well yeah, because you don't half rear end conscription if you're really fighting a total war against a genocidal enemy.

The Ukrainian framing of the war has never made sense. loving tax credits? More privatization of essential industry?

the material realm is subordinate to the financial realm and can be safely ignored even in the face of annihilation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
there’s a nice Ukrainian flag with “GIVE US ELECTIONS” written on it at the football game lol

no other Political statements in sight (yet)

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

is the font for numbers / player names on the ukrainian football jerseys meant reference the newer azov logo?

when it was introduced for the 2020 euros there was controversy over them having the heroyim slogan on the inside of the collar so there was definitely nationalist involvement in the design

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The AMPV costs $6.9m, the export cost of a T-90m in 2016 was $4.5m, state costs are likely lower.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Ardennes posted:

The AMPV costs $6.9m, the export cost of a T-90m in 2016 was $4.5m, state costs are likely lower.

Wtf, its a metal box thats job is to be a taxi

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Regarde Aduck posted:

its primary job is to make money

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Regarde Aduck posted:

It has got a bigger engine and I guess more armor, but yeah, the thing is an upgraded box.

They are old 2012 export prices but a BTR-82a was 1.4 million.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

Well yeah, because you don't half rear end conscription if you're really fighting a total war against a genocidal enemy.

The Ukrainian framing of the war has never made sense. loving tax credits? More privatization of essential industry?

It's hilarious and terrifying to watch a neoliberal state being useless in an crisis. The emergency levers don't exist, they're seen as threats to the system.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

lol david irving

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

virgin thinking: hunting bears

chad thinking: driving with a bear

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Ardennes posted:

The operational maintenance cost requirement of the AMPV is up to $90 per mile, compared to $58 per mile for the M113.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armored_Multi-Purpose_Vehicle#Rationale

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
well obviously you can't let the grift stop just because you've already sold the thing

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

F

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

if you want it to be

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

not really sure why this would help since as we all know the russians are engaged in a genocidal campaign and are presumably deliberately attacking all the ukrainian hospitals and schools just to be evil

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Fed one last time

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Rip vilerat. I'll never forgive hillary

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Cpt_Obvious posted:

It's hilarious and terrifying to watch a neoliberal state being useless in an crisis. The emergency levers don't exist, they're seen as threats to the system.

feature not a bug

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

lol

can anyone read the text on the right? I'm curious but the angle and quality is too rough for machine translation sadly

Mandel Brotset
Jan 1, 2024

Gripweed posted:

Zelensky is a real piece of poo poo

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Should be leaving pizza rolls/hot pockets instead of flowers.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Ardennes posted:

Also FAB 3000 glide kits are being used, and the damage created is as expected.

Accuracy don't seem to be on point yet but the blast radius makes up for it in good part.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

BadOptics posted:

Should be leaving pizza rolls/hot pockets instead of flowers.

they're not that burger brained.

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Ardennes posted:

I honestly think there will be at least talk of another major conscription bill by the end of the year, the burn rate is too high.

They eventually will have to conscript the 18-25 population that until now they've been so adamant about excluding

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

there’s a nice Ukrainian flag with “GIVE US ELECTIONS” written on it at the football game lol

no other Political statements in sight (yet)

The flag was present at 13:31 in the game but removed by 26:16 according to telegram posts. Slovakia had scored by then.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

VoicesCanBe posted:

They eventually will have to conscript the 18-25 population that until now they've been so adamant about excluding

That's probably when the night club will empty out.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Someone in the israel/palestine thread wanted to see how bad things are when it comes to recruitment in Ukraine, I bring back the whole "Call the ambulances over and refuse to let the paramedics out" event that happened a few weeks ago

https://unn.ua/en/news/in-odessa-th...-center-reacted

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

we're gonna solve the climate crisis though

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Has the west put even one type of weapon in war time production pace?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

stephenthinkpad posted:

They're really good at producing good optics

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
they gotta on account of their wars being led and fought by geezers. big bifocals demand

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

stephenthinkpad posted:

Propaganda.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
get in the drat eva zinji

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Tax breaks to incentivise rebuilding Tokyo-3 and getting Unit 01 operational.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Once the taxes are completely broken, the industrial capacity of the west will be unleashed

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Just give nVidia 1 billion tax break to make a weapon procurement AI.

Both the tech and the MIC stock market caps will double, it's win-win.

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news

supersnowman posted:

The flag was present at 13:31 in the game but removed by 26:16 according to telegram posts. Slovakia had scored by then.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

That would be guncotton, and would be more useful than nothing.

who needs guncotton when we have gun kata