Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

sometimes when i eat a meat pie my farts smell like a meat pie. incredible, i know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

toggle posted:

I’ve been watching blue planet 2 lately and it makes me think but what if uaps live in the deep depths of the open ocean? this is a sexy thought.

maybe only the sentient underwater mammals of the oceans know the universal truth of what exists out there?

splash splash crab planet biomass

https://twitter.com/JeremyCorbell/status/1393281339525255168

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
they're in the skies and the seas and the salts of the rocks. they're in your hair and under your toenails. in your balls.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?

Petey posted:

the aliens are visiting because there is an intergalactic top shortage. this is my Purpose

earth *is* a zoo and the alien abductions are catch-and-releasing tops through a kind of ethical sustainable game management

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

any word if september aitee is when the aliens are gonna appear

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Petey posted:

i will do it. i will gently caress the aliens

Very brave. Inspiring

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

dicks and balls

pancake rabbit posted:

reddit found a slightly higher resolution vid of that cockpit video, in the original on youtube there was a weird clipping line when the bird passed under the wing and i wasn't sure if it was a mask or a compression artifact, but i don't see it in this one so i'm going with compression artifact?!

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6hrfhx

goddamn it the aliens stole my saucepan lid, i thought i had lost it

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Shear Modulus posted:

any word if september aitee is when the aliens are gonna appear

if not then rest assured it'll be october aiittee

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
https://twitter.com/SandiaWisdom/status/1437049912680669193

i think the crazy alien telepathic lady is onto something with this cv19 stuff, i wonder if the cdc director has thought of this yet?

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

lol there's covid deniers arguing with the alien lady about whether or not covid even exists
https://twitter.com/SandiaWisdom/status/1437220967714074626
this twitter account owns bones

also i think it's a little too convenient that the bird person is talking through the bird website

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
i just look at it as fun weirdly long form/strangely structured fiction tbh

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
I know the Sandia account is woo woo , but one of their first points always made a lot of sense re. oceans: Accoording to them, 75% of the many species and cultures that visit Earth (with different tech levels, agendas etc.) come for the oceans, their biodiversity, and contact with the intelligent species that live there (some whale species, some octopodes, some very weird-looking blobby deep-sea beings that are apparently conscious?). The P'nti mentioned that the Tic Tacs are supply and transport craft that they routinely use to deliver supplies to their (3 or 4?) undersea bases around the globe or even transport stuff and beings to and from the ocean. Makes sense s we have many reports of tic tacs entering and leaving the ocean without issues.

Most of these 75% /ocean visitors are indifferent to us and our ciliziation because a)we're super duper hardcore barbarians that routinely abuse each other in the most imaginative ways and must feel absolutely toxic on a telepathic level and b) we're dumb enough to destroy the planet, its oceans and even the intelligent beings in there.

From other tweets, it sounds like the remining 25% of visitors are at least tangentially interested in us, but very often from a rather cold macro- and long-term perspective. But it's still a shitload of species on different tech levels (some are just plain extradimensional weirdness-thingos), with different agendas and with more or less willingness to uphold certain prime directve-like rules; that plus Earth human secret projects of various levels of sophistication creates a giant clusterfuck of 'phenomena' that brings us to arguing about birbs and what is birbs.

SavageGentleman has issued a correction as of 10:27 on Sep 13, 2021

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

i just look at it as fun weirdly long form/strangely structured fiction tbh

ya probably but it's super charming + it's fun to try to figure out which of the replies are believers and which ones are playing along for more content

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

elaboration has issued a correction as of 14:56 on Nov 30, 2023

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

is there like an archive of their stuff that doesnt involve scrolling a twitter account anywhere, i need something to read in bed and it sounds like a fun thing to go through

sorry not that i've found, though r/ufo is okay-ish for playing the "real or shitpost" game (r/ufos on the other hand is almost entirely videos now so that's probably not great for getting to sleep)

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

is there like an archive of their stuff that doesnt involve scrolling a twitter account anywhere, i need something to read in bed and it sounds like a fun thing to go through

there are some adorable paintings & coloring books, plus a 300 slide clipart manifesto on how telepathy works. that would be your best bet for entertainment i guess but its rough imho:
https://www.officialfirstcontact.com/static/Telepathy-101-Primer-English-f7903ef4000471b491ace2e1f103e10d.pdf

this one is a good little text too
https://www.officialfirstcontact.co...b0ae788aec3.pdf

im just hopeful the sandia crew is real or fiction, but not, like, a tumor or something :shrug:

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib

Have fun with around 6 years of tweets: http://tweets.officialfirstcontact.com/

Tbh as someone with a media (and media studies) background, I find the internal coherence of the account and its content fascinating: I have not even encountered a big Hollywood transmedia/ARG campaign that could run as long and prevent internal inconsistencies in its themes, personnel or topics without going stale - and these projects have dozens of authors plus at least one dedicated project manager behind them.

And Su Walker and her partner Rev. White Otter are def. not super media-savy (tbh both are struggeling with technology and increasingly bad health issues), so I'm not yet sure where the creative team behind the account might otherwise be hiding...and to what end? They have not created a cult, they only sell a few postcards/posters and children's coloring books on redbubble (for ok/cheap prices), they're not making a lot of money with it and none of the tweets are the 'usual' rainbow channel self aggrandizing, so cui bono?

SavageGentleman has issued a correction as of 10:47 on Sep 13, 2021

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

broke: being abducted by the greys
woke: having my person relocated by reticuli-earthicans

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Delta-Wye posted:

ready for thinkpieces about 'spaces for grey bodies'

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

Delta-Wye posted:

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

toggle posted:

I’ve been watching blue planet 2 lately and it makes me think but what if uaps live in the deep depths of the open ocean? this is a sexy thought.

maybe only the sentient underwater mammals of the oceans know the universal truth of what exists out there?

https://twitter.com/MansoorAdayfi/status/1437367140659736580

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

any alien larp is 1000% more believable when they dont put apostrophes everywhere like some low grade sci fi author. thats why aitee was so legit, aliens with normal rear end names like Nancy and Bruce or whatever

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Yo offworlders if you exist sincerely if you can get me off planet to hang w/ ETs that live in a similar (one i could survive in with no/minimal equipment/alteration type of planet/society I'd rather live on any other planet if you can synthesize estrogen for me and all that?

If there are no ETs pretend this is a larp but if it's real pay me and my partner a visit pls

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

SavageGentleman posted:

Have fun with around 6 years of tweets: http://tweets.officialfirstcontact.com/

Tbh as someone with a media (and media studies) background, I find the internal coherence of the account and its content fascinating: I have not even encountered a big Hollywood transmedia/ARG campaign that could run as long and prevent internal inconsistencies in its themes, personnel or topics without going stale - and these projects have dozens of authors plus at least one dedicated project manager behind them.

And Su Walker and her partner Rev. White Otter are def. not super media-savy (tbh both are struggeling with technology and increasingly bad health issues), so I'm not yet sure where the creative team behind the account might otherwise be hiding...and to what end? They have not created a cult, they only sell a few postcards/posters and children's coloring books on redbubble (for ok/cheap prices), they're not making a lot of money with it and none of the tweets are the 'usual' rainbow channel self aggrandizing, so cui bono?

aren’t they life long psychic medium crystal woo hippies?

I’d like to think su walker is just a cool old lady who has some genuine new age woo beliefs but is also mostly just trying to bring a little whimsy to the world

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

fanfic insert posted:

That would be anti-syncronicity since you're not in line with your contractor. Start thinking in the ways they'd think and they'll move closer to your thinking.

Id suggest starting with "gently caress this is not enough money for this poo poo" and "rich rear end in a top hat thinks he's better than me?! What the fick has he ever done for anyone.."

You'll have your quote within a day.

Ironically, I got an email from him a couple of hours after my post! :bird:

He just needed to know he was loved and valued

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Aitee every new years for the next 5 years? What on earth did we do to deserve this gift?

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Bilirubin posted:

Ironically, I got an email from him a couple of hours after my post! :bird:

He just needed to know he was loved and valued

:tinfoil:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

toggle posted:

Star Trek III: The Search For Spock starting to look a lot like documentary

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Here's my own personal big coincidence:

I'm named after [actor], my mom though he was super hot so she suggested the name and it stuck, i knew this growing up. So in 2008 or so I'm browsing SA and a thread asks "what happened on the day of your birth?" and i go investigating.

Immediately i find a "celebrity birthdays" section and of course it mentions [actor], so it turns out we also share a birthday, and i approach her not revealing it and she was all "vOv he was hot" again and was surprised when I told about the birthday thing.

fanfic insert has issued a correction as of 12:08 on Jan 3, 2022

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

pls gas thread now too spooky 4 me

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Fairly sure I'll get first dibs on his remaining life essence if he dies from not-old-age.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

fanfic insert posted:

Fairly sure I'll get first dibs on his remaining life essence if he dies from not-old-age.

Calling dibs on his stache

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

avi loeb is giving a talk about his new book at harvard today

https://harvard.zoom.us/j/97436600302?pwd=WmJEdFdaYWZ1RFRxVjVXWS82ZUIwUT09

quote:

The search for extraterrestrial life is one of the most exciting frontiers in science. First tentative clues were identified close to Earth in the form of the unusual interstellar object `Oumuamua and Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP) in the Earth's atmosphere. The recently announced "Galileo Project" ushers the new frontier of "space archaeology" in search of extraterrestrial technological relics. The lecture will feature content from my book "Extraterrestrial", as well as the textbook "Life in the Cosmos", both published in 2021. Related material was also featured in my weekly commentaries in Scientific American.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Petey posted:

i will do it. i will gently caress the aliens

i will too. i was born for it

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Petey posted:

avi loeb is giving a talk about his new book at harvard today

https://harvard.zoom.us/j/97436600302?pwd=WmJEdFdaYWZ1RFRxVjVXWS82ZUIwUT09

im not installing zoom thats how the lizards scan ur brain

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

This guy's into bird watching too

https://twitter.com/OFFICIAL_NY_UAP/status/1437423936883539971?s=19

e eh this account is currently lame, maybe it gets better with time

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Maybe I'm not remembering how bad computers were back in 2008, but would that blocky-rear end video really have been that difficult to do if someone put their mind to it?

I don't really have an opinion on the video either way, it just doesn't seem like it would be "incredible"

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Yeah you could just set up some plexiglass on the beach and move your pie pan ufo around on a fishing line. Incredible fake!
Or it could be real, who can say?

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

WEH posted:

Maybe I'm not remembering how bad computers were back in 2008, but would that blocky-rear end video really have been that difficult to do if someone put their mind to it?

I don't really have an opinion on the video either way, it just doesn't seem like it would be "incredible"

Probably not. The best part imo is probably the scratches in the window not giving it away if it's cg. I see the wing of the plane the camera person is in, and those are the sounds you hear in a passenger jet, so if it's a practical effect it's pretty good too

E i will say there's a suspicious lack of people saying "what the gently caress"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I've read that some people think its from an F-15 or something, so if the camera isn't plugged into the audio loop or w/e I don't know how audible the pilots would be