Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system will you play the Good COD Game on?
PS4
XBone
PC
generic comedy option
View Results

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

SubponticatePoster posted:

My main issue with headglitching is that if the only thing that is poking above cover is your head, and I shoot it, it should be a loving headshot. I mean, no, bullets shouldn't come out of your skull with no weapon visible but at least that's been consistent with every CoD.

The thing I don't get is why sometimes all I can see it the top of a cranium, and sometimes I get killed while using the peek and when I watch the killcam it looks like my entire drat body is exposed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Any really game breaking guns to work toward yet?

it shriveled up
Jun 28, 2004

Ugh, I really like this game when it's working. Just wish I could play more than one match without having to restart the game. It freezes up every time I join a second match. Anybody else having this issue?

Also, Just saw my first hacker. A guy in the match that froze up on me was rank 126 already. No way should that be possible.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Yeah the one you need to put in your mouth irl

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

HORMELCHILI posted:

Yeah the one you need to put in your mouth irl

lmao gently caress nice

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

The first LMG is real good

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

I’ve seen a lot of people getting mad in game about using the M4A1 but it’s like the most generic gun why get mad, unless there’s some attachment way down the line that makes it insane?

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
It's just really good at all ranges, especially so with the hybrid scope

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The first LMG is real good

I wouldn't call it game breaking, but it's quite versatile. You can address most of the shortcomings of close range while maintaining stopping power at a distance.

Also the material penetration is excellent. You can get kills through walls that would've been impenetrable in previous games.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I don't like how light and plasticy the M4 feels like, that's why I stopped using it.

But I loooove using the MP91. I levelled it up to level 29 now and I absolutely RIP with it. It also feels really heavy and powerful to use. Whenever I switch to something like the M4 I can't hit poo poo.
So it's mostly about getting used to a certain gun to get better, you adjust yourself to handle it well. For instance, my trusty MP91 has a slow as balls ADS compared to the M4 yet I murder much better with it because I'm used to that now and I anticipate the lower ADS.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

One of my friends played a fair bit of Survival, got to 51, and it seems a bit silly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ597yeVycU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Seedge posted:

One of my friends played a fair bit of Survival, got to 51, and it seems a bit silly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ597yeVycU

Good god.

Combatace
Feb 29, 2008

Fun Shoe
The animations in this game are top notch. Love how you toss the magazine away on an empty reload than putting it back in a pouch.

Slightish mid-late game spoilers

Love how in Farah mission where you break out of prison, the reload animations and the way she holds the guns are much more awkward compared to everybody else in the campaign.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Mister Facetious posted:

He looks like a budget Chris Hemsworth

Liam Hemsworth?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

Tac Insert flares are back.

I love THE poo poo out of tac insert in this as I can use it as a do-over when approaching an objective or to respawn in a strong defensive position

Usually with the latter it’s back up before I die again as the recharge is super short with the cooldown perk

It’s very cool and good when you get a second chance and know exactly where to aim coming around a corner

Also I have managed to spawn immediately behind groups of enemies many times

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

So far the starter ARs, kilo and m4, seem to be the best as they can outgun anything at any range except shotguns

I imagine they’ll tune the recoil or damage on these soon though, if not all ARs

A fully recoil specced kilo is an absolute laser

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

That said an AK/RPG is my current loadout of choice

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011
I have yet to run anything but the Kilo, 60rnd mag and a few recoil mods is all you need in this goofy game

Welcome to GBS
Feb 26, 2011

Constellation I posted:

It's just really good at all ranges, especially so with the hybrid scope

Do the scopes actually affect bullet pathing? I’ve always wondered.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Welcome to GBS posted:

Do the scopes actually affect bullet pathing? I’ve always wondered.

The ballistics model isn't that robust, the bullets always come from your head, but it makes a bunch of guns viable for close quarters (PKG, etc.) as well as long range.

So far I have an LMG each with the Sniper scope and the 3.25x NVG. The sniper LMG has every Recoil Control mod I can put on it. Really good for suppressing long sight lines like camping B in the cave covering A or C, the bridge, overwatch in Picadilly, or the canal side on that one city map.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Oct 28, 2019

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Are the dailies repeatable or hosed? I've won two games of cyber attack, and I can't tell if I get the XP for my daily "win 1 game of cyber attack" and it just repeats, or if I don't get a reward at all.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

No idea what the difference is but I wreck shop in this one. I’ve sucked at every other one I’ve played since like blops 2.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

colachute posted:

No idea what the difference is but I wreck shop in this one. I’ve sucked at every other one I’ve played since like blops 2.

Personally I think I am doing better than I normally do because the maps aren't 97% blind corners.

That an R6: Siege giving me bat-like echolocation abilities

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Are the Gunsmith’s pros/cons totally accurate? Like how in previous games, silencers managed recoil? If the attachment says “- Movement Speed + Aiming Stabilization” can I trust that that is gospel?

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

John F Bennett posted:

What's the correct use of the shield? I notice that it takes up a weapon slot.

Also, does anyone have any luck using knives? I wanted to see if some kind of stealth build was viable, using the perk that dampens your steps and sneaking inside buildings but you have to be really drat close for the knife to make contact. I always fail.

for the funsies i tried running around with just a shield and knife

wound up getting a respectable 10 kills, and a k/d of 1ish and this was on a the snipe fest that is euphrates

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Does anyone else on PC get annoying hitches and fuzzy sound in the menus? I've got a 1080ti and a recent i5, the game itself runs at 100+ fps, but the menus are laggy and poo poo and I can't work out why.

torturemyballs
Feb 25, 2015

Bardeh posted:

Does anyone else on PC get annoying hitches and fuzzy sound in the menus? I've got a 1080ti and a recent i5, the game itself runs at 100+ fps, but the menus are laggy and poo poo and I can't work out why.

Yeah, same thing here. I have a 1070 and an old i5, menus are super laggy.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

Are the Gunsmith’s pros/cons totally accurate? Like how in previous games, silencers managed recoil? If the attachment says “- Movement Speed + Aiming Stabilization” can I trust that that is gospel?

You can likely trust the Pros, Cons, and any quantified numbers, but I wouldn't trust the bars to be anymore real than the pixels that make them.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

Bardeh posted:

Things have improved for me stability-wise with the graphic options to limit menu FPS to 30 and game FPS to 60. I was getting crashes every 15-20 minutes with default settings, that being with a 2080. I haven't had a crash or laggy menu since frame-limiting to console-spec.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
What the heck, I optimized these shaders yesterday and now I have to do it again?

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Im enjoying leveling up my army manns gun.

If anyone on 0s4 wants to play tonight, hit me up, here, or on psn.

GHOSTSTALKER512

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

LLJKSiLk posted:

Things have improved for me stability-wise with the graphic options to limit menu FPS to 30 and game FPS to 60. I was getting crashes every 15-20 minutes with default settings, that being with a 2080. I haven't had a crash or laggy menu since frame-limiting to console-spec.

I don't want to lower ingame framerates to 60, but I'll try limiting the menu framerate to see if that makes any difference, thanks.

E: Nope, sound still crackling and still getting random 1 second hitches. It's hardly a dealbreaker but it is very irritating, hopefully they can patch it out.

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Oct 28, 2019

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

I feel like this is universal to all multiplayer FPS games, but I don't think I'll ever figure out sniping. I mostly care because I'd love to just level up weapons for the hell of it and get dailies done, but everything about it just seems so counterintuitive to any game mode, which I guess it probably is.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Sandwolf posted:

Historically the bars have been complete bollocks.

The other information might be misleading but no-one knows yet.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Just downloaded this update and I can’t even connect now. gently caress

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

DEV ERROR 6068

dear god, I just want to finish the campaign :(

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Whats the clan tag everyone is going with?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The new mechanics make free for all a completely worthless mode. It’s the campiest pile of poo poo ever. Footsteps should just be removed in it.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Lol that shotguns are better at midrange than a loving dmr. I'll shoot someone in the chest and they'll hip fire the doublebarrel and oneshot me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

codo27 posted:

Whats the clan tag everyone is going with?

[Qbec] :canada: