Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Big faces, big crabs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Pity to leave without ever winning the Prestige Cup, but at least we've seen the finals that one time. I mean I guess we might just get our butts handed to us in First League, but, you know, history says we won't!

Nizaha
Oct 12, 2021
Let's go punchables!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Somehow I don’t think my guys poo poo is gonna work that good at the next level

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I'm horribly disappointed. We were meant to win the Prestige Cup, dagnabbit! Promotion is irrelevant, I wanted that sweet sweet hardware!

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

And that's the way it is...
We've only actually won a single first-place trophy so far; that was in the Third League, and barely. We don't have a gold one for Amateur or Second League either. Filling the Trophy room is a secondary concern.

I said what I said.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Up the crabs

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
Great job from our crabheads. Lol at the sponsor not paying us a drat thing. What a bunch of jerks.

I'm a bit worried the first league might punch harder than our faces can take!

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
honestly respect to our sponsor for getting the most optimal outcome possible for themselves

Pokeytax
Jun 13, 2005

:agesilaus:

Strategic Sage posted:

Stingiest defense in the Second League. Two matches resulted in a total of 7 goals against. 9 total from the other 24. Weird.

By my count, in the back half of the season, we allowed 4 goals against Bochum and 3 goals in the other 12 league games. That's okay I guess.

Strategic Sage posted:

Backpfeifengesichter is bound for the First League!!. We will probably never win the Prestige Cup, but we have bigger fish to fry.

You seem really confident about this... it's unclear how we're going to win any matches next year with the Oddman out. Maybe draw some for big Glory rewards due to strong opponents, but win? Stranger things have happened, I guess, like our entire club history.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

honestly respect to our sponsor for getting the most optimal outcome possible for themselves

Just like Electrohouse, they paid us literally nothing as we tore up the league. Just tough luck this time but our big First League deal is going to change everything.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
I’m going to set the over/under line for points in our First League debut at 14.5.

In Sage I Trust; in the First League I panic.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

PokeyTax posted:

You seem really confident about this... it's unclear how we're going to win any matches next year with the Oddman out. Maybe draw some for big Glory rewards due to strong opponents, but win? Stranger things have happened, I guess, like our entire club history.

If I've learned nothing else in this LP, it's not to assume what coaches will choose to do. Oddman isn't gone yet, though obviously that will be a huge factor, and other important players are also up for contracts. The other side of it though is just math. 16 clubs in the First League, and we only need to beat three of them to stay up. I don't expect us to win many matches, but I think over a 30-match season we'll get the occasional one.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

ShadowedFlames posted:

I’m going to set the over/under line for points in our First League debut at 14.5.

In Sage I Trust; in the First League I panic.

Over. Lots of matches in First League, 15 points is relegation territory.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

+70% XP, please.

Also go crabs! :yeeclaw:

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Kyoon Griffey Jr. posted:

Somehow I don’t think my guys poo poo is gonna work that good at the next level

You're not wrong here. You also won't be alone.

Open note to all coaches; this transfer window will be a doozy. Starting tomorrow, the next few days will have the various lengthy reports coming to the thread. We have a new league to deal with, and on top of that probably our toughest set of choices in a while on the financial front. Take your time absorbing everything if you need to, and ask questions if they come up. In short, feel free to get it 'right', whatever that means to you, at the expense of getting it fast.

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
:yeeclaw: UP THE CRABS :yeeclaw:

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Offseason

Odd Wilson finishes L3 Slide Tackle, and Torrannor gets L2 Long Pass. He starts on the final level of that also.

Why we get a Bronze trophy and not the other semifinalist - or do we both get one? - is not entirely certain. We earn the Boringly Effective award yet again; nine matches won by a 1-0 count. Least goals conceded, most clean sheets (15), longest streak without conceding a goal, and longest away winning streak. Surprisingly that one's still active at six league matches. It'll end soon.

Coward and Odd Wilson are named to the All-Second League squad. 50 Fans and 9 Glory for that.

Our trophy room says that we did not, in fact, get the bronze trophy for the Prestige Cup. There seems to be a discrepancy. There's no third-place match or anything like that.

Top Performers

The squad has grown large enough that I thought it might be interesting to start looking at the top performers in a few stats.

Saves

1. Coward - 44

Over half of his career saves came this year; almost 1.3 per match. It's becoming difficult to score on us conventionally.

Goals

1. Kyoon Griffey Jr. - 19
2. Kanthulhu - 17
3. Dragongem - 4

* Of course, this does not take into account Dragongem's role in drawing penalties.

Tackles

1. Nizaha - 35
2. ilmucche - 32
3. Torrannor - 21
4. Odd Wilson - 20
5. Quackles - 16

* Obligatory note that to get a fuller picture of defense, we'd need to have one for passes/shots intercepted which doesn't exist.

Assists

1. Odd Wilson - 15
2. Fat Samurai - 8
3. AJ_Impy - 7
4. PotatoManJack - 2

Man of the Match

1. Odd Wilson - 8
2. Kanthulhu - 6
3. Kyoon Griffey Jr. - 3
4. Coward - 2

This was quite a bit different than a year ago; for example, Dragongem had 4 goals compared to 10 and PokeyTax had quite a few more tackles last season than this one. ilmucche improving meant he hasn't had to do as much of that.

I ponder this choice for a bit, but not for long. I don't expect many goals or away victories, which moves the choice to EST instead of TransEther. This will be a guaranteed 633k in sponsor income if we don't get a single home win.

We're told our National Cup Qualifying Round matchup will be against Bochum. In other words, pain and suffering will ensue and we'll lose immediately.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Normally this would be 'just take the 3-star already'. But there's a positional concern here. GK Coward is 23; our three forwards are 27, 24, and 20. Baltz is less gifted but would give us a young accuracy-focused running mate to team with Kanthulhu, and ensure that we don't have to worry about having enough forwards to sell Dragongem whenever we decide it's time to do that. Falck would give us a 3-star keeper six years younger than Coward, and give us a clear transition plan for when he gets older. On the other hand we'd be playing him some in the meantime, which would cut into our defensive effectiveness and Coward's playing time/development. Both options allow us to have our pick of skills, and Falck is also a higher level coming in.

I can see there potentially being a variety of opinions on this, so it'll be added to the ballot as a voting item.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Punchable Ex-Faces

It's becoming a pretty long list, but I'll drop players off of it once they retire.

- CD Jossar (29, 1*, L 23)

Rostock and Jossar both had their worst season in a while; 5th in the Amateur league and barely that, while he had 11 tackles in 16 matches. It appears that he's doomed to toiling at the bottom tier for the rest of his career.

- AM ally_1986 (31, 0*, L 14)

ally actually played in three matches for Potsdam, which ties the most action he's seen since heading there. For the first time ever, they were the worst club in Germany, dead last in the Amateur league.

- CM Average Lettuce (29, 0*, L 17)

Zwickau once again made it a short stay at the Third League, finishing 11th and relegating back to the bottom tier. The experience did allow Average Lettuce to gain one level though, and he got a whole 2 assists which is the most he's had in the last three years. 24 matches played is also a career-high.

- GK NiftyBottle (29, 0*, L 15)

21 saves and 6 tackles for the worst club in the country. Also his first career yellow card. They actually made it through the qualifying round in the Prestige Cup, and by save count it was Nifty's third-best season.

- SW Insurrectionist (31, 2*, L 34)

Meppen slipped further to 7th in the Third League, more bad news for our former sweeper. 1 goal, 10 tackles, a yellow card, and a minor injury for his efforts. Fun fact; his defense attribute (64) is still slightly higher than any of our defenders have.

- CD Tevery Best (25, 0*, L 17)

Saarbrucken hoped to bounce back up to the Third League, but instead finished 4th in the Amateurs, three points shy of a promotion spot. Tevery Best played only 4 matches. He's been deemed not good enough for regular time on a club that can't escape the Amateur level. In other words, he's approaching ally status in terms of embarassment. There's still several years left of his career, such as it is.

- FW ShadowedFlame (28, 3*, L 40)

ShadowedFlame's first full year in Iceland was a spectacular success; 25 goals, 2 MoM awards, and even an assist in 30 matches. That's a personal high for him in goals scored, and he gained a full five attribute levels. Not resting on his laurels, that's for certain.

- GK BraveLittlToaster (23, 1*, L 27)

Another case of a club staying down; Krefeld was merely mid-table in the Third League, finishing 6th. However they were only 5 points back of promotion and 8 back of the top spot in the table; it was a competitive top half. BLT had his first red card, and second yellow, so he was quite ... umm ... active. Career-best 26 saves and 6 tackles, also a high for him. 3 MoM, more than he had coming in combined.

The Toaster did his part, he just needed more help. Krefeld was 2nd in goals allowed but just 9th in goals scored.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Baltz.

E. Never mind, jumping the gun.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

AJ_Impy posted:

Baltz.

E. Never mind, jumping the gun.

I admit I had the same thought, but I'll hold off and wait for the ballot.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Remember when we fielded players not good enough for Amateur League as regular starters in Second League

because I sure do

Regarding the Baltz/Falck issue, there is one thing we might want to consider with Falck. Namely - and I'm not going to say if this is a good moment for the club to do it, I'm just throwing this out - we might want to have a backup GK with a different set of skills to Coward. Coward's skills allow him to counter Rainbow Feint and crosses (and Olympic Kick, which is far less of an issue), so we might want to see if Falck can't pick up Strong Goalkeeper (to stop Cannon Shots) and something else.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Do we know what potential skills each player has?

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

No way to know that for players that aren't signed at the club yet.

Pokeytax
Jun 13, 2005

Tevery Best posted:

We might want to see if Falck can't pick up Strong Goalkeeper (to stop Cannon Shots) and something else.

This is a valid point, we are going to be seeing plenty of Cannon Shot. As you hint at, I don’t think it justifies picking the goalie in this case; his stat spread is weak and Coward is only 23 so we have time to find a 4*+ to replace him, plus who even knows if SG is an option. If we’re spending a draft pick to protect against Cannon Shot we probably get more value from just taking a SW or cross-training somebody there. But we should think about it later when we’re looking to transition to a new keeper.

Strategic Sage posted:

NiftyBottle had 21 saves and 6 tackles for the worst club in the country. Also his first career yellow card.
BLT had his first red card, and second yellow, so he was quite ... umm ... active.

uh... okay, I guess it’s a good thing we have a Coward in goal since this way he doesn’t go to jail for homicide

Pokeytax fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 10, 2023

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)
My little punchable scored more goals than I was expecting.

With this new Forward prospect, it looks like we won't be just boringly efective anymore... soonish.... maybe

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

If anything, I think we'll just be boring ineffective for a while. But we'll see.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Club Synopsis

These are aggregate from our 13 years of club operations.

- Player sales account for 74% of income, followed by 13% for tickets and 8% for sponsors. Tournament prize money was on the rise, but I think we can forget about getting much more there anytime soon. Yes, it would help if we didn't have two years of zero sponsor income. As usual we'll be seeing a bump in sponsor and ticket numbers for our new competition; at a minimum, our sponsor payments this year will be almost as much as we've taken in combined so far.

- Contracts are 24.4% of expenses. The last three years are 27%, 8%, and 16%. Naturally it jumps around based on whose contracts are up and whether we decide to sell them, but we're able to put three-quarters of our income back into the club and a quarter of it goes to keep our roster intact, that's the overall takeaway.

We've now had six consecutive seasons of improvement, and you can make that seven since no matter what happens it's still our first year in the First League. We've gone from a 0.5-star club to a 2-star one in five years.

How much of this will be relevant in the First League is highly debatable, but there was a major change defensively for us this year. For the first time, Precision Shot wasn't the cause of the majority of our goals allowed. In fact, it wasn't even the most common single way we were scored on; that was Cannon Shot. The advance towards skills being more important and attributes less so - but not at all irrelevant - continues.

On our side, the sizable orange slice of the pie shows the influence of Kanthulhu, and that crosses were a major weapon for us. Our attack was more diverse than ever. At least for now, that's our greatest asset when trying to score; having multiple ways to do it.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

First League Competition Overview

#FirstLeagueProblems?

Based on previous experience, the President will likely be along to offer his thoughts early in the season. My take on our new league is that we are now in the midgame-endgame transition. We will naturally see the usual boosts in experience gained, we've seen the sponsor boosts, and tickets now go for 20 euros each instead of 15. The range of clubs in the First League runs from 2.5 to 4 stars, but the largest number of them are 3-star. Based soley on that fact, it may not be that hard for us to establish ourselves here; we've been battling such clubs for years in the Second League, we just don't have the lower-level ones to beat up on anymore. I would say we probably just need to reach 2.5-star status to get to Premier. I'll be surprised if we hang around here longer than we did in the Second League. Yep, that's right, I'm actually optimistic. We'll see if it ends up being justified.

We also have a new cup to compete in; the National Cup. This will basically be like rewinding the clock a decade to fairly early in our Amateur League travails in the Prestige Cup; we'll be underdogs in the Qualifying Round and at best reach the first main round before getting smashed to small pieces. We're not protected against the best clubs in Germany anymore; they're all here. It'll all be about the league results for now. However, just getting to play in the National Cup is a good point to remember what our ultimate goal is: winning the Quadruple in back-to-back seasons. The National Cup is the first element that we have qualified for; the others we need are the Premier League, European Cup, and Club World Cup. We're not winning the National Cup anytime soon of course, but in a sense you can say that we've reached the entrance exam to the endgame. Or to use a geographical analogy, we're out of the valley and into the foothills, with the real mountains visible just past the ridgeline.

We have no history with most of these clubs. Brauschweig beat us twice our first year in the Second League, promoted, and has been hanging out up here since. Their 6th-place finish last season was the first time they exceeded 9th. Furth crushed us in the Prestige Cup five years ago, and two years back beat us twice by an 8-0 combined margin in the Second League. More of that sounds just delicious. Sandhausen also beat us twice a couple of years ago and promoted, while Magdeburg narrowly stayed up this year and we actually had two draws with them. All of them have the same story though of spent one year at Second League and stayed in the First League after that. And of course we know Bochum and Dresden.

Metrics

Darmstadt - 65*, 37 skills, 55.2 ave. level
Nuremburg - 77*, 38 skills, 70.9 ave.
Heidenheim - 73*, 53 skills, 52.6 ave.
Cologne - 59*, 36 skills, 53.7 ave.
Paderborn - 67*, 35 skills, 55.4 ave.
Braunschweig - 46*, 43 skills, 48.8 ave.
Regensburg - 51*, 35 skills, 47.7 ave.
Hamburg - 61*, 43 skills, 56.5 ave.
Old Berlin - 70*, 58 skills, 46.2 ave.
Furth - 44*, 33 skills, 46.7 ave.
Sandhausen - 57*, 53 skills, 43.2 ave.
Duisburg - 69*, 55 skills, 49.1 ave.
Magdeburg - 43*, 33 skills, 43.0 ave.
Bochum - 45*, 32 skills, 47.6 ave.
Backpfeifengesichter - 33-34*, 35 skills, 30.8 ave.
Dresden - 50*, 51 skills, 48.2 ave.

The average attribute level here is not dramatically higher than Second League; we were seeing clubs in the mid-upper 40s at the high end there and only in the 50s here. On the other hand there's Nuremburg at 71, who starts 10 4-star players and has a few more as substitutes; they are a Premier-league quality club IMO and there's no major weaknesses. A young keeper is probably the only reason they're here.

What really jumps out at me is how much parity there is. The difference between a bottom-half First League club and a top-half one is largely down to having a good mix of skills and classes in the lineup. It's not a large jump from being able to compete to being able to contend for promotion. Another big change is how large some of the squads are. 25-30 total players is not uncommon, though some have only about 20. The usual issues with AI roster makeup still apply, but if they run short on good options, they will never run short on bad ones. Furth for example is presently sporting an amateur keeper, level 16 with only 30 defense! Of course they could bring in a new one at any time, but until that happens ... profit for their opponents. Magdeburg has a weak keeper as well.

Of course, that's not to say we are in any position to compete, only that when we get there we're likely to rise quickly. Our shortcomings are what you might expect; sizable attribute gap, we need more gifted players, and we need to get skills for them. File all that under 'Duh'.

Player Experience Ceiling Distribution

One way to look at our squad's growth potential is to consider where we're at in terms of the giftedness experience ceiling.

100% - Players who still get maximum match experience. We have 4 in this category, our 3-star players. Only Coward is over 20 years old, and the others are all under level 30 with minimal skill development; they're still not ready for heavy lifting yet but are definitely the core of our future successes.

60% - A modest hit but still able to improve some. 5 more players here. All 2-stars; most of our 2-star players are in this range. A more developed group but still most of them are 20 or younger, Quackles and AJ_Impy being the exceptions. We have exactly three players who are getting even decent match experience and are older than 20, and Impy is 21. Yikes.

30% - Improving slowly. Stuck in 2nd gear you might say. 7 players fit this, most of our 1-stars and also Odd Wilson recently joined this category.

10% - Almost at a standstill. Fat Samurai is the only player in this range, and that only recently.

The composite for the whole squad is 54.1%. If everyone plays the same amount, which isn't exactly the case but is a useful measure I think, almost half of potential experience goes unrealized. I should probably put this stat somewhere in the regular transfer window information.

Assessment

Almost half the squad is not going anywhere fast on the attribute front. Really this is just an escalating form of being victims of our own success; we're really wanting to transition to 3-star players at this point but over a third of the squad are still 1-stars, not even 2-stars. To quite a large degree we can't even take advantage of the increased experience from Second and now First League. The impulse to just 'Sell them all. Today.' is met with the cold hard fact that if we sold all the 1-star players only, we'd literally have no depth left. Zero substitutes. We'd also have one forward and three defenders on the remaining 11, and in that group of 1-stars is our leading scorer (Griffey), our only hope of scoring against some clubs (Dragongem), and other significant contributors in midfield and defense.

Another factoid; average player coming out of our Academy right now is Level 25. The 1-star players we have range from level 27-30 and are struggling to go further. Rock, meet hard place. A certain amount of time continuing to turn the squad over is going to be needed to succeed in the First League. We're effectively slamming our face into the ceiling repeatedly right now, which is going to hurt us as much as it is the structure.

This isn't something to be negative about IMO, but rather positive. We've invested a lot in the Youth Academy, it's just that there's only so quickly this ship can turn, and being 'ahead' of where our player giftedness is means that as soon as we have enough improved players we'll be ready to take the next step.

Strategic Sage fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Jun 11, 2023

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Coaches Report: Summer 2035

Resources

Glory - 452
Money - 385 K
Fans - 2.54 K

Money is definitely the concern point here at the moment. We'll get more for sure, but we have lots of players to sign and not enough to keep all of them.

Odd Wilson sets a new record in player value for us. We sold ShadowedFlame for more, but he was a little less than this in actual value. Also Torrannor is now a seven-figure 1-star player and Fat Samurai nearly is also. That takes some doing. We'll have a full set of substitutes once we add our new youth player ... at least momentarily.

Full Experience 'Ceiling' by Giftedness *

- 0*: Level 5
- 1*: Level 15
- 2*: Level 30
- 3*: Level 50
- 4*: Level 70
- 5*: Level 90

This is the point at which a player starts getting reduced experience gains.

NiftyBottle2 is the only one set for a skill soon-ish. Lots more in the second half of the year or offseason.

A whole lot of SL upgrades expected soon. A few of them in the next match for their players. It'll be a stop-and-go start to the year.

Extensions

Brace yourselves ...

Upgrades

The Youth Academy can support 7 additional staff upgrades

Youth Academy Giftedness *:

- Current: 3% 1*, 34% 2*, 60% 3*, 3% 4*
- Next Upgrade (est): 19.7% 2*, 35% 3*, 45% 4*, 0.3% 5*

The Training Grounds can support 3 additional staff upgrades.

The Medical Centre can support 1 additional staff upgrade

Youth Work

The price remains at now 48 Glory

- Request Position (specify if you choose this option)
- Youth Rivalry (2 players).

We can't do the 3-player Rivalry option until reaching a 3.5* academy.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Individual Instructions

PokeyTax - 70% Training Time Reduction, then Fan Favourite Glory Bonus

Nizaha - Finish Talent Tree

Kyoon Griffey Jr. - L1 Cannon Shot for next skill

Arcturas - MF, 30% xp boost

Kanthulhu - 30% XP Boost

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Routine Contracts

- DF Quackles; 1 year for 19,866

When putting this together, I accidentally signed Quackles extension after taking the screenshot. I don't expect any opposition to that, but if there is any that's too bad because it's done now. Backed up the save *after* that.

- CD/DM PokeyTax; 1 year for 10,124
- M Arcturas; 3 years for 86,878
- LF/RF Dragongem; 1 year for 15,703

Arcturas isn't quite to his advanced class, making the 3-year option the best value. Dragongem has just long enough of his next skill to keep him from being a critical deal, and allow one more cheap extension. These three total 113k, dropping our available funds to a little under 273k Money.

Critical Contracts

We haven't had a contract window like this in quite a while; there are three to deal with.

- DF Torrannor is expensive for a 1-star player, but still has some options left to increase his value and selling him would leave us with a single DF. It would also mean more playing time for someone probably more talented.
- MF Odd Wilson's value is well-known, including to himself. His contract demands are increasingly exorbitant; a quarter of all contract fees we have ever paid have gone to OW in the past two years. 1 year of him alone and resigning nobody else would be more money than we have.
-AM AJ_Impy is on the other side of the coin; this is the chance to lock him up for a few years for cheap before he hits L3 Olympic Kick, if we want to do that.

As noted, we can't re-sign everybody. Our investments last window ensured that, and the big fat sponsor zero didn't help. Long-term there's plenty of money that will be coming in, but for now we have choices to make. Who stays and who goes?

Stadium Expansion

Yep, this again. We are 541 Fans over our 2,000 capacity so here it is.

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Coaches Ballot

- Youth Signing; F Baltz or G Falck?
- Critical Contracts; Torrannor, Odd Wilson, and AJ_Impy. Please include number of years in any extension votes.
- Stadium Expansion
- Staff Upgrades
- Youth Work
- Other Proposals

For anyone who might not have caught it in the walls of text elsewhere, we face a financial crunch on the contracts. Either some contracts will punted on or some will be sold, we can't just resign everyone. On the Glory side, we should have enough for Youth Work if desired and also two Staff Upgrades. And of course we have the First League to contend with so that's a factor to mix in.

There's a ton here to think about. As usual, voting will be kept open until there is a clear consensus on all issues, or it has been 24 hours since the last vote. The future awaits your instructions.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Wait, we actually can't sign Odd no matter what - can we?

EDIT: And we literally can't afford the stadium expansion either, with only 385K 273K funds vs 1.5M cost. Nor the Youth Academy upgrade...

Quackles fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 12, 2023

Strategic Sage
Jan 22, 2017

Sure we can. We'd just have to sell somebody else to get the money.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Sell OddWilson
Sign F Baltz
No stadium expansion
Extend AJ_Impy 3 years
Extend Torannor 1 year
Request Defender
Hire Head Physio

We need to set ourselves up for replacing Torannor in two years, and more players soon. Signing Baltz is not optimal, since a 2-star forward is not going to bring that much to the team, but Dragongem is also leaving soon and we need to start preparing to replace him. The one alternative I see is signing Falck only to sell him immediately. A Head Physio would fill out our medical centre nicely, and we've seen injuries start to tick up in frequency with our extended schedule, so it'd be a good thing to get on that as well.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Tevery Best posted:

Sell OddWilson
Sign F Baltz
No stadium expansion
Extend AJ_Impy 3 years
Extend Torannor 1 year
Request Defender
Hire Head Physio

This seems good. Backing Plan Tevery Best.

We're gonna get shellacked in First League without Odd Wilson, but that was going to happen anyway.

megane fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jun 12, 2023

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

I think:

Sell OddWilson
Sign Baltz
No Stadium Expansion
Extend AJ_Impy 3 years
Extend Torannor 1 year
Youth Rivalry
Hire Midfield Coach
Hire Forward Coach

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Well, the day has come. The grim, horrid day of choosing between Odd Wilson and the Punchable Faces as a family.

We remember the many hospitalizations, the years of pure exhaustion, the many, many possessions no-sold by this man.

But his signing price has greedily risen over the years, and we find ourselves at precipice of a burning bridge.

And yet we cannot deny, oh teal crabs, that missing that sponsor has sealed his face.

He must go.

i guess it's time for Odder Wilson. Or maybe Otter Wilson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Strategic Sage posted:

Sure we can. We'd just have to sell somebody else to get the money.

Can we get the sell prices for the people who have critical contracts?
Or is it just as shown in the player list at the top?