Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

be nice wicka posted:

this thread has never been worse than when hefe and i bickered endlessly...until next year, when we'll be the smuggest motherfuckers in the world

alonso/mclaren wdc/wcc 2015-indefinitely

so is like
most of the thread

is perez still a ferrari driver?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

be nice wicka posted:

this thread has never been worse than when hefe and i bickered endlessly...until next year, when we'll be the smuggest motherfuckers in the world

El Hefe posted:

McLaren are actually a really cool team and I also love Ron Dennis

GET A ROOM YOU TWO.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Mclaren will probably have a pretty good car next year, but they will still win jack poo poo because they have no clue how to run a F1 team properly (TBF the same thing can be said about Ferrari, minus the good car part).

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

LOSS posted:

Felipe Massa weighs in on the Alonso situation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPQkYxxftfU

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011
I simply don't understand what Ferrari are doing at all

It's just :psyduck:

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

I simply don't understand what Ferrari are doing at all

It's just :psyduck:

It's just italian

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

The funniest thing in the history of Man would be an announcement from Ferrari tomorrow that they've patched things up with Fernando and he's seeing out the last year of his contract. McLaren respond by confirming one-year extensions for both drivers.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Jedit posted:

The funniest thing in the history of Man would be an announcement from Ferrari tomorrow that they've patched things up with Fernando and he's seeing out the last year of his contract. McLaren respond by confirming one-year extensions for both drivers.

And then Vettel dies of rear end Cancer :mmmhmm:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

LOSS posted:

And then Vettel dies of rear end Cancer :mmmhmm:

That wouldn't be funny. It's only funny if Vettel lives.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

El Hefe posted:

Hopefully Alonso was shown the Honda engine and how powerful it's going to be and that's why he decided to go to McLaren...

Alonso's dream was always McLaren for some reason

McLaren is the most British team and therefore the best

poty fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 4, 2014

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

poty posted:

Yes, they are a team of complete fuckups

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Jedit posted:

That would be the precise moment that F1 changes from a soap opera into a sitcom.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

poty posted:

This, except that they are actually the most fail.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Does anyone have any good rivals.com puns for McLaren-Honda?

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Trap... sprung????

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?
Ferrari. Vettel. gently caress this gay sport.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Funkysauce posted:

Ferrari. Vettel. gently caress this gay sport.

Best post on any thread ever. Also make this a new thread title.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Best post on any thread ever. Also make this a new thread title.

It already is, more or less

Moxie Omen
Mar 15, 2008

Vettel doesn't even have a mascot dog

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
2015 an anonymous source blows the whistle on McLaren illegally using Mercedes intellectual property. Ron Denis sent back on holiday.
2016 Mercedes announce new driver signing Mr F Alonso to partner Rosberg

Gmaz
Apr 3, 2011

New DLC for Aoe2 is out: Dynasties of India

be nice wicka posted:

Better believe it

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Moxie Omen posted:

Vettel doesn't even have a mascot dog

Does Alonso?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Diet Crack posted:

Does Alonso?

Alonso likes anime and has a stick thin, fragile waifu. He is the uber-goon-mensch.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Diet Crack posted:

Does Alonso?

His facial hair counts so yes he does

Any more news on whether the race start is being brought forward or not?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I've been reading f1 news and watching ted's notebook the past half hour and haven't seen anything. It is like 4 am there now

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
Its already started raining there and will continue to rain until typhoon leaves so its going to be a wet race unless it gets totally cancelled.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
You guys are missing the real big news from Suzuka

Uncle Jam
Aug 20, 2005

Perfect
What does banana mean in Brit English, I don't see what would normally be considered a banana here in the states within that picture.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Blatant racism. Shameful.

Eb
May 6, 2003
Basically it means someone who is yellow on the outside and white on the inside, which given the location of the race is in very poor taste.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Maybe David is just doing his best John Cleese impression.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

To be fair, he did actually have a banana in his other hand that's obscured by his arm.

nsaP posted:

I've been reading f1 news and watching ted's notebook the past half hour and haven't seen anything. It is like 4 am there now

Fair play, just wanted to make sure I didn't have to get up any earlier than I already have to :v:

3peat
May 6, 2010

Uncle Jam posted:

What does banana mean in Brit English, I don't see what would normally be considered a banana here in the states within that picture.

It was actually the new iphone, it's an understandable mistake.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Part of a statement made today

"Ron "The banana" Dennis posted:

The first thing we've got to be is massively attractive to all drivers and I hope we're still very attractive to the two who are currently and more than likely will be driving the cars next year."

Bolded for emphasis, Ron implies after the Vettel bombshell that he still may intend to keep both of his drivers. Which leaves alonso at ferrari, and either vettel spends a year at force India or sauber, on the sidelines, or we all laugh ferrari once again having to buy kimi out of his contract. Any of these options sound good to me.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Fernando Alonso is going to bring back Hispania as owner-driver.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Part of a statement made today

Bolded for emphasis, Ron implies after the Vettel bombshell that he still may intend to keep both of his drivers. Which leaves alonso at ferrari, and either vettel spends a year at force India or sauber, on the sidelines, or we all laugh ferrari once again having to buy kimi out of his contract. Any of these options sound good to me.

Aren't they tossing around the idea of giving teams another car if one of the teams drops?
Vettel-Kimi-Alonso Ferrari.... :stare:

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Good thing Grosjean didn't have a pointed stick.

JonTheDon
Sep 16, 2005
It all could be an evil ploy by Ron Dennis - lead Alonso on up until the point he's about to sign on the dotted line, and then confirm Button and Magnussen instead, leaving Alonso without a drive.

chippocrates
Feb 20, 2013

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

"I'm gonna come at you with a banana."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I like how that article has already decided on Ferrari's line-up next year, good stuff BBC.

• Locked thread