Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

This is kind of thread-adjacent, but Rex Murphy died.

For those of us outside of the continental US, who is that and what is he known for?

*edit: lovely snipe, soorryyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 13:41 on May 10, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titletrack
May 23, 2003

by Pragmatica
Seth edit: spam bot stuff here

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 14:34 on May 10, 2024

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Olympic Mathlete posted:

For those of us outside of the continental US, who is that and what is he known for?

Canadian political journalist who's more well known for being a die hard contrarian than having any actual good points.

My vhs digitization youtube project has been on the backburner for the last couple of months as real life responsibilities leave me with 0 motivation to sit in front of a video editor for hours in my free time, but I have some early 90s clips of Rex saying dumb poo poo like how he hates Bill Clinton's cat, Socks, and how racism in Canada isn't really a thing. Ironically I think there's also one where he says Canada shouldn't be taking in immigrants.

thunderspanks fucked around with this message at 13:44 on May 10, 2024

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Jordan Peterson went back to Russia and asked to be put into a coma until people like him. RIP.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
i am hearing that jordan peterson was found at the wheel of a wrecked vehicle "with his head encased in shaving foam". RIP

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
unfortunately i'm getting reports that jordan peterson "stepped on a stick of butter" and skated "like nancy kerrigan" through a brick wall and fell down a well outside. his final words were "AAAAAAAAHHHHHoooooohooohoo"

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
Poor ol' Peterson, drank apple cider and died

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
didn't know this was even possible but apparently jordan peterson has been eaten, like fully, by flies

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
I'm just hearing on the radio that Jordan Peterson has been swept off the sidewalk and into the street by a stiff gust of wind. He's been smashed across the windshield of a passing portopotty delivery truck. RIP

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

From Reuters:

quote:

Jordan Peterson, a prominent Canadian clinical psychologist who gained international attention for his controversial views on politics and society, died in a bizarre incident involving a 5-year-old girl.

According to eyewitnesses, the girl, identified as Sophie, was seen beating Peterson to death with a toy hammer. "She just kept whacking him and laughing," said one witness. "It was like she was having the time of her life."

Peterson, known for his strict views on gender roles and social hierarchy, had been a vocal critic of progressive policies. His supporters hailed him as a champion of free speech and intellectual freedom, while his detractors saw him as a dangerous extremist.

In a statement, Sophie's parents said they were "shocked" by their daughter's actions. "We have no idea how she learned to use a hammer," they said. "Maybe it was from watching too many cartoons."

Rex Murphy failed to comment as he too had died on May 9, 2024

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Tarkus posted:

From Reuters:

Based if true

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

Tarkus posted:

From Reuters:

laid low by the dragon of chaos once again

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
pop conservative philosopher jordan peterson found starved to death with head stuck between railings of the staircase in his home

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
these bloody railings!

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
irate neighbors lured peterson with "the old antifreeze in the bologna sandwich trick"; crown will not press charges as the pundit legally should have been "crated" at the time

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Jordan Peterson died from severe dehydration after getting his head stuck in his washing machine and remaining trapped for several days. EMTs arrived on the scene following reports from neighbours hearing someone repeatedly scream "help me, grandma!"

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Jordan "Benzo-Boy" Peterson was found dead in his home and entirely drained of cum today, with a Chinese-brand milker attached to his tiny baby penis. Authorities suspect there was no foul play involved, more at 8 later

The Alchemist
Dec 12, 2010
His unwashed penis had caused a malfunction, which made the milker push months worths of cum from the containers back inside of mr. Peterson

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

Profanity posted:

Jordan "Benzo-Boy" Peterson was found dead in his home and entirely drained of cum today, with a Chinese-brand milker attached to his tiny baby penis. Authorities suspect there was no foul play involved, more at 8 later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqrxgEln_Dw

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
regretfully, jordan peterson has been lured into a giant slingshot by a roadrunner bird and fired into the grand canyon. recovery teams discovered his body sticking out of the opposite cliffs "bolt horizontal" with only the head buried in the rock. it brings me no pleasure to report this

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

So that's where Jorp gets his suits

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

A post modernist worm ate his brain.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Jordan Peterson exploded due to the 400 lb of compacted beef rotting in his colon

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Jordan Peterson made an insightful observation so revolutionary that the Canadian government had him executed in order to preserve the way of life they've forced on us

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Jordan Peterson has been found having dissolved into a puddle on the floor of his apartment, due to an air conditioning malfunction dropping temperatures beyond the ability for his body to be preserved

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
pokes corpse with stick
"be funny"

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Man Rex Murphy really looked like his opinions

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Olympic Mathlete posted:

The Don Cherry of political pundits, Murph was the original purple prose know nothing 'dumb person's idea of a smart person '. He walked so Jordy could run :canada:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

"Alexa, show me the polar opposite of a good time"

Alexa:

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Blood Boils posted:

The Don Cherry of political pundits, Murph was the original purple prose know nothing 'dumb person's idea of a smart person '. He walked so Jordy could run :canada:

Nightmare blunt rotation

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
it would be poorly rolled and fat in the middle and loose and too tight at the same time and it would canoe and jorp would try and spit on it to fix it but his mouth is too dry and he weeps

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/thebadstats/status/1790392056701198575

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Social media training is going great I see. This guy should definitely still be a licensed doctor.

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

Blood Boils posted:

got really confused here because I thought of the free-jazz trumpet player Don Cherry (father of Eagle-Eye and Neneh Cherry). I wondered how Jorp's talking style was similar to his playing style.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Christ I hate him so much.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
The old man with brain damage does not like having someone in his podcast who makes him have to warm up the neural jell-o, huh

And his default response to something too complicated for him to understand is “gently caress you, buddy”, huh

Even without the meat brain benzo Russia coma, dude seems to be getting to leadbrain territory pretty smoothly

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

i would advise not listening to jorp talk about anything, even if it is a hate listen. namaste

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

You could tell the man's opinions are worthless simply by looking at his choices of clothing. I'd ask what is on his jacket, but the I realized that there's no point finding out because it's going to be worthless knowledge.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

there's something so intensely magical and timeless happening with the line "'well there's no such thing as hell', have it your way buddy!"

thanks, i will. now can you gently caress off while i do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Lol. 1% of scientists are "serious" and he can tell who. They just happen to all be the ones that all agree with him.