Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

Is that a jacket supposed to be “western civilization”?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
https://twitter.com/TallBart/status/1790220663229481137

quick edit: it's not jorp but I love the Prager ones

https://twitter.com/TallBart/status/1789464319836688797

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Prager ones are always great because he needs such minimal editing to make him say the most unhinged poo poo.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/DontPanicMayday/status/1790411805925191900

:lmao:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ralph Hurley posted:

When I was 12 I had a tie with a bunch of panels of Jim Lee x-men comics on it. I didn’t look closely, but I’m going to imagine that jacket is the same thing.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I think its the stations of the cross

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
So is he openly saying he is a Christian fundamentalist these days, with fears of hell and absolutely missing the point of Christ’s teachings?

I thought I remembered there being something about atheism in his outlook before the brain damage got really intense

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

rotinaj posted:

So is he openly saying he is a Christian fundamentalist these days, with fears of hell and absolutely missing the point of Christ’s teachings?

I thought I remembered there being something about atheism in his outlook before the brain damage got really intense

I think it was more plausible deniability.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Samovar posted:

I think it was more plausible deniabilitybullshit.

:hmmyes:

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

It's amazing (OK more like predictable) that as he's gotten more involved with the right wing griftosphere that he has a much bigger attitude.

Ironically when he was actually "respected" he did try to use more relatively netural language and appeal to the average person, but now he's become an even bigger self-aggrandizing rear end in a top hat who always gives these "because gently caress you, that's why" flourishes to whatever he says. I hope to God that's not actually helping him among anyone except his already-chosen circle.

Ralph Hurley posted:

At least his shirts aren't wrinkled. He put so much money and effort into those hideous custom suits that he didn't even notice that you need to make sure you get the basics as well like ironing your shirts.

Same problem with him wearing a tuxedo while appearing on Joe Rogan: he was just wearing a standard white shirt and not a proper dress shirt. I know it's nitpicking, but if you're going to do it, do it right Dr. Jorp.

mojo1701a fucked around with this message at 16:31 on May 15, 2024

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/CantEverDie/status/1790587328219509106

The Bible
May 8, 2010

rotinaj posted:

So is he openly saying he is a Christian fundamentalist these days

Was he not already?

Thinking about it, I can't remember any time he was, but it just seems so natural that he would also be a fundamentalist that I simply assumed he was.

The Bible fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 16, 2024

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

rotinaj posted:

no he's always been like this it's just his right-wing audience has matured from gamergate athiests into christian nationalists so he doesn't have to launder his dumb assertions about the lay-interpretation of the bible by white westerners being the foundation of all morality through abstract ideas like "western civilisation" (which his audience always understood to mean the farcical idea of a cultural continuation from socrates to jesus to north american christians)

even when he's not mentioning explicitly christian concepts like hell his entire way of understanding the world is filtered exclusively through his christian upbringing and he struggles to conceive of any metaphysical concept that couldn't just be dropped into a sunday school class as metaphor.

he rejects christianity as a label (or at least used to) for what he believes because he believes in a "universal" morality that transcends base ideas like religion but also just happens to perfectly reflect the religion he was raised in.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

he rejects christianity as a label (or at least used to) for what he believes because he believes in a "universal" morality that transcends base ideas like religion but also just happens to perfectly reflect the religion he was raised in.

Is this why he is so similar to Ben Shapiro that I frequently mix up the two?

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat

The Bible posted:

(mr feenie) veeeeery gooood mr peterson

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ghostlight posted:

no he's always been like this it's just his right-wing audience has matured from gamergate athiests into christian nationalists so he doesn't have to launder his dumb assertions about the lay-interpretation of the bible by white westerners being the foundation of all morality through abstract ideas like "western civilisation" (which his audience always understood to mean the farcical idea of a cultural continuation from socrates to jesus to north american christians)

even when he's not mentioning explicitly christian concepts like hell his entire way of understanding the world is filtered exclusively through his christian upbringing and he struggles to conceive of any metaphysical concept that couldn't just be dropped into a sunday school class as metaphor.

Eating Dick Dorkin’s lunch that way is his most notable accomplishment probably.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

War Wizard posted:

Lol. 1% of scientists are "serious" and he can tell who. They just happen to all be the ones that all agree with him.

As even 0.1% of scientists agree with him. Even 0.01%. I'm guessing it's more like 1 "scientist" agrees with him.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I have to say it.

I’m…

I’m just going to say it.

I’m jealous of Jorp’s suit confidence. I’ve had some bold stuff on the inside of a jacket lining but man. The poo poo I could wear.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Subjunctive posted:

I have to say it.

I’m…

I’m jealous of Jorp’s suit confidence. I’ve had some bold stuff on the inside of a jacket lining but man. The poo poo I could wear.

You can find incredible stuff off the rack at Winners.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Say what you will about his attitude or even his fashion, you have to hand it to Peterson that he does make a compelling case for Hell existing, though inadvertently.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Scholtz posted:

Say what you will about his attitude or even his fashion, you have to hand it to Peterson that he does make a compelling case for Hell existing, though inadvertently.

Not really. Hell is just a threat for daring to question his beliefs.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I meant that his personal existence is Hell or that Hell is being in a conversation with him.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The Bible posted:

probably although i think shapiro arrives at largely the same destination from a slightly different direction as he is clearly an active practitioner of faith, almost always wearing a kippah, but is savvy enough to know that the christian nationalist audience is even less receptive to him talking from the perspective of his faith than the atheist one was.

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Scholtz posted:

I meant that his personal existence is Hell or that Hell is being in a conversation with him.

Hell is Jordan Peterson.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Subjunctive posted:

I have to say it.

I’m…

Don’t be jealous. He looks terrible and can’t pull it off (nobody can because it sucks). Just take it as a warning to keep yourself from looking like that.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

The Bible posted:

Hell is theJordan Peterson thread.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The Bible posted:

Hell is Jordan Peterson's threads

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

The Bible posted:

Hell is Peepee Jortson.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The Bible posted:

"Hell is" - Jordan Peterson.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

The Bible posted:

Hhhh lol
- Jorp Peet

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

The Bible posted:

HNGGGGGNNGG- Jordan Peterson, struggling to poo poo.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

no he's always been like this it's just his right-wing audience has matured from gamergate athiests into christian nationalists so he doesn't have to launder his dumb assertions about the lay-interpretation of the bible by white westerners being the foundation of all morality through abstract ideas like "western civilisation"

Yeah but like

He used to launder it, like you said

He has either given up on trying to even have the fig leaf of plausible deniability or he is incapable of it in tyool 2024, which means

lol, and also lmao

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Another Bill posted:

You can find incredible stuff off the rack at Winners.

Painfully ironic if Jorp of all people shops at a place called Winners.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

he looks like an alcoholic clown

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

This is tremendous content but nothing will ever top "up yours, woke moralists!"

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Scholtz posted:

Hell is being seen in public in one of his clown suits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Woolie Wool posted:

Hell is being seen in public in one of his clown suits

Turns out Hell has... really about as many clowns as Hazbin Hotel has led me to expect