Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

guess they shouldve added a trigger warning for this snowflake lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

taking every opportunity to present deus

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I went to the first big city and got so annoyed at all the boring npcs I went on a knife spree killing rampage but the woman who asks for a cappuccino is immortal coz I guess she's too important

After I'd killed like 20 cops who were 10 levels higher than me I went and talked to the main good guys who didn't comment on any of it, then the cops recruited me for a special mission

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

also I played more ng++ in ac6, I keep making new builds but still tearing everything up

Game rules

I do wish there was more new content each playthrough though, it's pretty sparse.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

When I delete outpost habs, the dynamic lights stay behind, so now there is floating illumination where a second storey room was. Does anyone have a solution?

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

It's weird that they went with the diablo style "Thundering SMG of cheek clapping" for the weapons, but I came around on it. Got a semi-automatic rifle that shoots shotgun style bullets so it's basically infinite ammo since one bullet does way more damage than a rifle should. Gunplay still pretty weak but at least its over quick

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

in cyberpunk there's a unique rifle that shoots multiple bullets in a very tight spread. tricked out it's basically a sniper rifle that shoots like a shotgun and pierces terrain. I used it for nearly all of one run, it was absurd

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Xaris posted:

to add: i would also recommend knocking down some of the lighting/shadow settings to low (contact, volumetric, shadow quality, and qtao) and turn dynamic res/motion blur/film grain/vsync off. with those settings + dlss mod + 75% render scale + ultra/high textures i'm at least hitting 60-75 fps on a 3080 in most places now and mostly consistent while still looking good

usually i like to leave vsync on but it was making the game feel weirdly sluggish and kinda janky for some reason

unfortunately 120fps aint happening, not that i expected it to, but oh well

60fps max tv ftw. i just dl'd a ultra ini for small gains then dropped res to 50% ->DLSS. Boomshakalaka

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

lmfao

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

For all I was talking earlier about Lae'zel being the horniest BG3 character, the game itself actually seems to be hornier for Halsin, because I politely refused Lae'zel once and she never brought it up again but every time I speak to Halsin the game's like "are you suuuuure you don't want to hit on him? Door's still open ;)"

for those not playing along at home, Halsin is the guy who turns into a bear

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

https://youtu.be/D6b6LGubq6I?si=-8EVN-RH66nFx6_D

lol no way

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

mute that poo poo and put on the right music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DeQDv7P3QY

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

fall 2024 lmfao

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

they said I was dumb to do the $350 preorder BUT WHO'S DUMB NOW

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Oh I thought it got cancelled again after that really bad cgi trauler thing a few years ago. Obviously it will suck and or not exist... but maybe...

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

loquacius posted:

For all I was talking earlier about Lae'zel being the horniest BG3 character, the game itself actually seems to be hornier for Halsin, because I politely refused Lae'zel once and she never brought it up again but every time I speak to Halsin the game's like "are you suuuuure you don't want to hit on him? Door's still open ;)"

for those not playing along at home, Halsin is the guy who turns into a bear

Lae'zel is my queen, and crazier than i am.

Ive been doublefisting BG3 and Pathfinder: Wrath, after that ive got the Planescape EE and Encased to look forward to. My partners been playing Disco on the tv. Crpgs are so back yall

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/GarbageApe/status/1698399569371951213

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Fuligin posted:

Lae'zel is my queen, and crazier than i am.

Ive been doublefisting BG3 and Pathfinder: Wrath, after that ive got the Planescape EE and Encased to look forward to. My partners been playing Disco on the tv. Crpgs are so back yall

Yup. Haters won't admit it but we're living through a second CRPG Golden Age. Mayhaps better than the first...? No. But still, a lot of good games

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

Yup. Haters won't admit it but we're living through a second CRPG Golden Age. Mayhaps better than the first...? No. But still, a lot of good games

I for one am thrilled

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Of course he keeps playing it.

https://twitter.com/issaDaManz/status/1698410430735999225

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol at the amount of poo poo that people have to fix in starfield. theres a patch for the dogshit ship reticle jitter lol

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

has anyone put a "remove woke mindvirus" mod on nexus yet and if not how long until they do

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

i think nexus is supposed to be good about nazi poo poo iirc

taking it down, i mean

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Buck Wildman posted:

in cyberpunk there's a unique rifle that shoots multiple bullets in a very tight spread. tricked out it's basically a sniper rifle that shoots like a shotgun and pierces terrain. I used it for nearly all of one run, it was absurd

i haven't played it yet so im gonna get it when the new update / dlc thing comes out

seems fun imo

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

sebmojo posted:

People say this and I never get it, what are the cities that feel alive and deep in games? What's the comparison?

i only just played RDR2 this past year and am playing Witcher 3 right now, and going from those to Starfield is really making me miss how many times i would just stumble into some bomb poo poo happening. like every botched robbery or drunk and disorderly person or loud argument felt deliberately placed and narratively satisfying. remember in RDR2 where theres those two assholes in the town you keep running into, and theyre each trying to impress the same woman by having you punch them and shoot at them and kick em in the nards, and the woman just feels bad for them because theyre pathetic - the equivalent of that kinda stuff in Starfield is when you eavesdrop on people you might not even be aware youre near, and youre given a quest marker and you go and do stuff. it just feels so dated and detached.

you know what i think i miss more than a sense of narrative presence? body language in general. after several hours of Starfield im now convinced theres been no bigger advancement in open world games over the past two decades than characters emoting convincingly.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

The Chad Jihad posted:

Thundering SMG of cheek clapping

lmao

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

sebmojo posted:

People say this and I never get it, what are the cities that feel alive and deep in games? What's the comparison?

two examples i can think of and how i'd kinda describe the approaches that have worked:

"alive as in lots of different poo poo happening and stuff to see/do"

perfect example right now is Lower City in Baldur's Gate 3, the dialogue and the chatter loops, but as you crawl through the entire city and its buildings the FIRST TIME, you uncover hundreds of one shot little events/dialogue/chatter/secrets/quests/tasks/treasures

"alive as in depth/detail and freedom"
maybe like a GTA5? or something like the worlds in Deus Ex with satisfyingly large amounts of loops, alleyways and interconnectivity/paths, less about people more about freedom

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i thought novigrad in w3 was pretty good for an open-world game.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

loquacius posted:

has anyone put a "remove woke mindvirus" mod on nexus yet and if not how long until they do

Just update your virus definitions file, and that should give you system-wide protection from the Woke Mind.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

the milk machine posted:

i haven't played it yet so im gonna get it when the new update / dlc thing comes out

seems fun imo

I think they've nerfed it since then, but my tactic on my hacker run was to invest heavily into a poison hack that jumped to nearby people. every mission was p much me standing across the street, hacking a camera and setting the poison on someone, and then just strolling inside once the screaming stopped. totally undetectable and non-lethal

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

also I tricked out my fists to periodically tazer peoples' brains when I punched them and that's how I won all the boxing sidequests despite being a string bean of a man

I eventually extended this to a handgun whose bullets homed in on targets

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Xaris posted:

i thought novigrad in w3 was pretty good for an open-world game.

on my first playthrough and it feels like every time i go there six new dope quests show up, each with branching paths and lasting repercussions, while im just out getting my hardware repaired and selling off common maces from whoresons that thought they had a shot

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
after 17 years theyve made a lockpicking minigame that makes sense. im converted. starfield goty

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Yes lol
https://twitter.com/HYPEX/status/1698488873653764147?t=gOk9dWtQ9-A_sbQDlCdO4w&s=19

WHERE ARE MY SKINS

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Communist Thoughts posted:

I went to the first big city and got so annoyed at all the boring npcs I went on a knife spree killing rampage but the woman who asks for a cappuccino is immortal coz I guess she's too important

After I'd killed like 20 cops who were 10 levels higher than me I went and talked to the main good guys who didn't comment on any of it, then the cops recruited me for a special mission

If you can't beat em, let em join you

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Homeless Friend posted:

after 17 years theyve made a lockpicking minigame that makes sense. im converted. starfield goty
they also figured out how to get people to use up the things. you use up a pick when you attempt, and you use another pick for each fuckup

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I do hope the new creator engine is good because Starfield does have good bones. The fallout 4 modding scene felt dead from the start but hopefully Starfield gets people making some cool things.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

BG3 chat: just had a drinking contest with Thisobald Thorm and am frankly astonished and disgusted that I was able to make my character do that, barbarian or no barbarian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

loquacius posted:

BG3 chat: just had a drinking contest with Thisobald Thorm and am frankly astonished and disgusted that I was able to make my character do that, barbarian or no barbarian

lol I did that too major props to the va for thorm during it. p much everyone but kethric is really good, gotta give the game credit