Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
starfield so powerful it has kept me from posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Al! posted:

starfield so powerful it has kept me from posting

clearly not powerful enough

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

loquacius posted:

BG3 chat: just had a drinking contest with Thisobald Thorm and am frankly astonished and disgusted that I was able to make my character do that, barbarian or no barbarian

as a rogue i had mastered the art of dumping unwanted drinks into house plants. he never saw it coming. i seem to be pretty good at tricking undead people into becoming real dead people.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

I had my first game breaking bug in starfield

Sarah kept having half of a conversation with Walter while she was with me on my ship and Walter was back at the lodge and then the conversation ui would just bug out because walter wasnt there to say his line, got my save file as well because no matter how many autosaves back i loaded she kept finding me and starting the conversation again eventually

Solved it by alt-f4ing, reloading, and then dumping that idiot off my ship before the conversation could trigger so she can't talk to me ever again, see you in the next life sarah i didnt like your accent

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Just update your virus definitions file, and that should give you system-wide protection from the Woke Mind.

only works if you're running mcafee

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Buck Wildman posted:

lol I did that too major props to the va for thorm during it. p much everyone but kethric is really good, gotta give the game credit

Someone in the main thread described Kethric as "reading from an Olive Garden menu" and lol that's spot-on.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Godlessdonut posted:

Someone in the main thread described Kethric as "reading from an Olive Garden menu" and lol that's spot-on.

simmons did not rise to the occasion and have fun with the material, unlike david warner. Sad!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Godlessdonut posted:

he phones it in hard, proof that money can't buy quality

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

kethrics chat tree is hosed i had him blubbering like a baby 3 times from remorse over the course of meeting and doing the work to kill him and each time the game is like nah you actually need to fight tho sorry hes not surrendering.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I kicked the crap out of him so hard I got an achievement without realizing I did anything exceptional

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

The boss right after Kethric has the coolest intro but dies in 1-2 rounds :sigh:

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my Smarx
balthazar ftw

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

dude's the immortal general of a death cult and he talks like he's chatting in a library

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I don't think Ketheric's delivery is phoned in, he just plays a much more subdued chapter than Simmons usually does.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

uber_stoat posted:

as a rogue i had mastered the art of dumping unwanted drinks into house plants. he never saw it coming. i seem to be pretty good at tricking undead people into becoming real dead people.

As a barbarian you just drink the weird undead acid liquor, and you keep drinking it until the monster who excreted it into your beer stein dies from drinking too much of it, and you don't even puke afterwards because you are simply too manly

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

The Oldest Man posted:

i didnt like your accent

lol its really fuckin' bad even by western AAA biowarethesda standards

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Buck Wildman posted:

in cyberpunk there's a unique rifle that shoots multiple bullets in a very tight spread. tricked out it's basically a sniper rifle that shoots like a shotgun and pierces terrain. I used it for nearly all of one run, it was absurd

There's I think 2 variants of it. It rips.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my Smarx

Zokari posted:

dude's the immortal general of a death cult and he talks like he's chatting in a library

he's a lot of things. an elf, for one. a dorky selune elf. died like 3 times or something. dude's canonically fuckin tired. also jaded because he keeps hopping gods like a dumbass but getting away with it. i wouldnt really say simmons phoned it in. sometimes he gets simmonsy. but thorm is burnt out

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my Smarx
the one time he seems to enjoy himself is when he lets the goblin throw a battle axe into him

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The video of the yelling fat Englishman is very funny. He's so upset! Bet he was all tuckered out after that outburst.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Real hurthling! posted:

kethrics chat tree is hosed i had him blubbering like a baby 3 times from remorse over the course of meeting and doing the work to kill him and each time the game is like nah you actually need to fight tho sorry hes not surrendering.

I didn't think this was a bug. I assumed he was just an rear end in a top hat who couldn't be talked out of a pointless battle

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/TheActMan_YT/status/1698375938902519823

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

holy poo poo does the game really not have any alien species
it really is "Liberals in Space: The Game" isn't it

its a story about first contact. They do a good job of making the big lib city have a disgusting underbelly full of cops patrolling

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Xaris posted:

yeah kind of, if implemented natively and properly like death stranding. it can have some relatively minor drawbacks like a few ms more latency but usually not noticeable. in this case it’s a janky mod job so it’s not nearly as good as using it in DS, but it’s still better than FSR. I think one of the main things that makes it run lovely is just it’s gamebyro engine garbage so there’s really nothing you can do to avoid the gamebryo life no matter how many tweaks and mods you try

it’s be so good if they used the death stranding/decima/fox engine instead but lol

bro just use superior japanese engine folded 1000 times gaijin go home.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
For cities that feel alive, I gotta hand it to Sumaru from the Persona 2 duology. They just put huge amount of details in there that makes it feel real, such as every npc in every shop getting different dialogue every time you advance the story.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Frosted Flake posted:

Even if they tried to go with the most birdbrained trad "1880's in Space" interpretation, I have some terrible news about Charles Gordon and James Brooke and what made them so eager to leave England behind and spend their whole lives adventuring for Queen and country... :gay:

sarah morgan is kind of like that but she is a woman so...

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

For cities that feel alive, I gotta hand it to Sumaru from the Persona 2 duology. They just put huge amount of details in there that makes it feel real, such as every npc in every shop getting different dialogue every time you advance the story.

it's the only persona I feel was truly exceptional

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

why do people struggle with baltheus? he has energy shield and they give you like 4 guns that murder that before the mission. i had to restart once to get geared up but thats it

I stubbornly did not want to go back to replay the whole mission.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Mean Baby posted:

I stubbornly did not want to go back to replay the whole mission.

Yeah

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

yep

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

starfield owns, that's all i can say manlets

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Sam fuckin Coe lost his cool on a story mission and I had to shoot up a whole place, now I’m looking for a planet to stash all my stolen junk before I turn myself shamefaced over to the space cops so I can land in civilization again

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Al! posted:

starfield owns, that's all i can say manlets

i'm excited but i'm still munching BG3 like homer with the rotten sandwich

act 3 is dragging rear end a bit but god this game is everything

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

act 3 is so dense it's kinda overwhelming honestly

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Zokari posted:

seriously, the amount of content per square foot of lower city is nuts, i would take a chunk of 2 hours at night and barely finish crawling one building and an alley

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Zokari posted:

It's incredibly overwhelming but in a good way imo. The game doesn't give you any specific direction, it just says "These are your two targets. One of them you have no idea where they are, the other has let you know exactly where to find them but they are near untouchable." and turns you loose.

I absolutely loved it.

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

sebmojo posted:

People say this and I never get it, what are the cities that feel alive and deep in games? What's the comparison?

dwarf fortress

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

s..starfield is for the.. nords.

im still waiting for release day to play starfield i hate u all

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SirSamVimes posted:

I don't think Ketheric's delivery is phoned in, he just plays a much more subdued chapter than Simmons usually does.

Cuttlefush posted:

he's a lot of things. an elf, for one. a dorky selune elf. died like 3 times or something. dude's canonically fuckin tired. also jaded because he keeps hopping gods like a dumbass but getting away with it. i wouldnt really say simmons phoned it in. sometimes he gets simmonsy. but thorm is burnt out
Yeah, he's a Sad Dad, not a bombastic villain pouring his heart into the plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

smarxist posted:

seriously, the amount of content per square foot of lower city is nuts, i would take a chunk of 2 hours at night and barely finish crawling one building and an alley

I want a Larian Planescape. Sigil is the perfect setting for them