Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Felinoid posted:

This is probably the least surprising result of any of the votes so far. We may be goons, but we are not monsters.
Except those three. Now excuse me, I got a lynch mob to organize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
Yeah. That works.

I knew the illness Scooter's VA had was rather degenerative, but wasn't sure on the specifics. Thanks for elucidating it for me, guys.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Felinoid posted:

This is probably the least surprising result of any of the votes so far. We may be goons, but we are not monsters.

My first time playing the game...

...I didn't launch the satellite!! :unsmigghh:

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Same. Too risky, and, well, Scooter isn't going to be bothered much by it any longer.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels
The real question is whether or not we give the gun back to Fiona.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Hello friends! Tuesday-ish is generally when I've been getting videos up lately and I'd like to stick to that where I can, but I must admit I am very exhausted this week. Very busy with work and whatnot, don't particularly feel like doing anything at the moment other than laying on the couch and playing video games. As such, I'm going to skip a week. Thank you for understanding.

That being said, I may be skipping a video but I'm not skipping :siren:A VOTE!!:siren:

This one is just for funsies. Like, for real. I 100% promise this isn't me trying to lowkey figure out a choice for a later video, I just wanna spark some posts in my time off so my thread doesn't feel dead as poo poo. This one is extremely rude and brutal, though, so prepare yourselves:

Who do you like more? Gortys or Loader Bot?

Voting ends next week when I actually get a video up.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Both. :colbert:

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Loader Bot's been our buddy since the start. And unlike some people,he never even contemplated selling us out once!

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

Loader Bot, obviously. Gortys tries too hard to be cute, while being a bro is Loader Bot's default state of being.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
I've always liked Loader Bot, both the version I had in my game (where I made a different choice for his first scene) and the LP's version.

Gortys is fine, too.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Loader Bot is second to none, but Gortys shouldn't feel too bad. Being better than Loader Bot would be a tall order.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

This vote is bullshit and I refuse to participate. :colbert:

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

CaptianKatsura posted:

Gortys tries too hard to be cute

what the gently caress

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

Kaubocks posted:

what the gently caress

I don't care very much for overly cute characters, and that is exactly what Gortys is. I can totally understand why people would like her, but it's just not my cup of tea. At least she's not annoying, like most characters of that archetype.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Loader Bro

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Handsome Jack

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fiona's hat

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

RareAcumen posted:

Fiona's hat

I'm still sore about having to sacrifice it because of bad decisions. :mad:

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Gotta go Loader Bot here. Not because of anything in the characters (because Loader Bot is a bro), but presuming that something Bad is about to happen? Gortys has shown she can take care of herself. Loader Bot keeps losing pieces. So he probably needs our help more.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tempest_56 posted:

Gotta go Loader Bot here. Not because of anything in the characters (because Loader Bot is a bro), but presuming that something Bad is about to happen? Gortys has shown she can take care of herself. Loader Bot keeps losing pieces. So he probably needs our help more.

Teach Gortys how to do the Hyakuretsukyaku and problem's solved.

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Yeah. That.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

RareAcumen posted:

Fiona's hat

Vaughn's abs

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Loader Bot is better. He always has our back.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Kaubocks posted:

Wow, the rudest.

Going to have to go with Loader Bot though. Gortys is pretty great but Loader Bot is a super-bro who always shows up to save our dumb asses and never complains, even as he is progressively further destroyed each episode.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Tempest_56 posted:

I assure you there's nothing in the game this vote could affect.

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice

SyntheticPolygon posted:

This person's got it right, and everybody choosing one over the other is terrible. Only a little, but still terrible.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Kaubocks posted:

Hello friends! Tuesday-ish is generally when I've been getting videos up lately and I'd like to stick to that where I can, but I must admit I am very exhausted this week. Very busy with work and whatnot, don't particularly feel like doing anything at the moment other than laying on the couch and playing video games. As such, I'm going to skip a week. Thank you for understanding.

That being said, I may be skipping a video but I'm not skipping :siren:A VOTE!!:siren:

This one is just for funsies. Like, for real. I 100% promise this isn't me trying to lowkey figure out a choice for a later video, I just wanna spark some posts in my time off so my thread doesn't feel dead as poo poo. This one is extremely rude and brutal, though, so prepare yourselves:

Voting ends next week when I actually get a video up.

[INDECISIVE SCREAM]

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.

Tempest_56 posted:

Not that I know anything about what is canon for Borderlands (or care), but in 2 a loader bot's mind is pretty much okay as long as the eye bit is intact. He should be fine as long as it's in one piece. Also, Loader Bot.

sleepy.eyes fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Mar 16, 2016

Pseudoscorpion
Jul 26, 2011

Gortys because :kimchi:

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Well, since they're robots, they can combine, right?

Hypothetical Voltron Combination Gorter Bot

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

1stGear posted:

Going to have to go with Loader Bot though. Gortys is pretty great but Loader Bot is a super-bro who always shows up to save our dumb asses and never complains, even as he is progressively further destroyed each episode.

I'm going with this as my serious vote. It'd be really hosed up to not vote for the guy constantly saving your life, after all.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

RareAcumen posted:

I'm going with this as my serious vote. It'd be really hosed up to not vote for the guy constantly saving your life, after all.

That's why I voted for Jack :smug:

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
You're a real bastard for making us choose and I'm going to agree with this correct gentleman.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Edit: :colbert:

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
Don't make me pick. :(

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Pyroi posted:

Well, since they're robots, they can combine, right?

Hypothetical Voltron Combination Gorter Bot

didn't they literally do this with gortys using her new legs to propel a loaderbot fresh out of legs?

That said, loaderbot is a true bro, and gortys wasn't there for the magical bro scene.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
Gortys is just completely unlike anything in this game. Earnestly adorable and not hiding a secret psychopathic side. Mainly the second part.

Anti-Citizen
Oct 24, 2007
As You're Playing Chess, I'm Playing Russian Roulette
Loader Bot Gortys is cute and all, but Loader Bot is our bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Anti-Citizen posted:

Loader Bot Gortys is cute and all, but Loader Bot is our bro.

This is truth. as huggable and too-good-for-this-planet as Gortys is, Loader Bot is a goddamn hero that has saved the day numerous times.

• Locked thread