Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo - Mid-Terms

"I... I think I did enough to pass." Tsuki answers to Miho with a distraught expression. "But it's going to be real hell when Grandma finds out about the results now that Big Bro isn't home to take most of the flak..."

Flagelo - Devil's Bridge

"Oh hey. I actually went here before." Flagelo crosses her arms and looks at the blasted green scenery. "Good place for 1x1 duels. You think Joker or someone with him is here?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko // Mid-terms

"number seven." Noriko says, holding up the digits. "i feel great about where i am, honestly. being at the top of the class... seems like a lot of people are going to be looking up to you, Hideaki, it's really brave of you to choose to endure that pressure." Noriko nods with admiration. "i just don't think i could handle the whole class looking to me for guidance..."

"oh... and everyone in the occult studies club made it into the top twenty." Noriko adjusts her glasses. "exactly what i would expect of my peers."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare.
Ambrose // Teufelsbrucke

"Teufelsbrucke..." Ambrose looks around, taking in the sight of the City of Gankers, and his mouth twists in disgust. "What an unsightly and rotten place."

He turns around and levels his gaze at Flagelo. "I can't deny the possibility, I'm sure Joker would approve of this kind of world order, but it's not him that we're after. At least not directly." He looks around and makes sure the entire party is included in the conversation. "Like I said, I've met two others that I believe are players in the Great Game. I don't think they're a threat to us, but they've caught my interest nonetheless. From what they've said it sounds like they met a similar fate as Mori after dying in DDW. We know that Joker and Satan work together, he said as much himself when we confronted him in the Other School, so I think it is likely that he might try to take advantage of these deals with the devil as well. We should aid them if we can."

"Look for an Oni Berserker named Redd_Hott. She should be around here somewhere."

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 17, 2018

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
School, Lunch
Thursday, 5/14

: Eh? Eh? Eh? This big girl who routinely tosses you is looking at you with absolute awe, her eyes lit up and her jaw slackening a bit. "What? THIRD? Wow!" An unironic sugoi! She stands up and grabs your forearm with both hands, looking eye to eye with you pleadingly! "Akio, could you help me study?!"

---

: Akane grins cheekily at Itsumi. "I thought you might not get along with her, but my sister says you're one of the hardest workers on the council. If anybody deserves their spot, it's you, Kasaya. Not like..." Akane reaches over and pinches Akio's nose. "This weasel!" She puffs out her cheeks and widens her eyes in a show of dominance! "You're so good at studying and you don't team up with us?! Ooooh! So it's treason, then?!" She relents and lets go as Hideaki clears his throat.

: "Doesn't Takano tutor you every time anyway?" He covers his mouth and seems a bit bemused. "What pressure? I don't have to help anyone if I don't feel like it. And I just take the same cram school everyone else does, right?"

: "She's really busy! That's why somebody should help a beautiful girl out."

: "Sure, I know some good second-tier colleges." Achieving a rare victory, Hideaki sips from his bottled water with a rare grace, like a falcon rising from a kill-swoop.

: Akane is shocked! Her spirit ascends from her face and departs this world! She hangs her head and sulks over to Noriko's side of the table, resting her head on the table in her arms and rotating to peer up at her friend. "Ahhh.. the pressure, the pressure.."

---

: "But you passed! Won't she be happy for that?" Ah, poor, innocent, naive, wonderful Miho. Too good, too pure for this sinful world.

: "Who gives a poo poo about that? Once you're queen of Kobe you can be whatever you want, boss. Like one-a them pro fighters or lady wrestlers..." And then there's somebody who fits right into that world. She attacks an innocent sweet bread with her slightly pointy teeth and glares over at the table shared by Akio/Noriko/Akane/Hideaki and others. "... Man, nerds piss me off."

---

Teufelsbrucke

A few shifty, arrogant or dangerous gazes find their way back to your group...

You can freely invoke actions, skills, rituals and so on here.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo - Mid-Terms

"I don't want to become a deliquent, bakabakabaka!!!"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko // Lunch

"hmph! don't let them bring you down, Akane. graduates from second-tier colleges are the pillars that hold up society." Noriko says with an affirmative nod. "i'm with you all the way, Akane! we're good enough to say, 'i'm number two!'""

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Thursday, May 14 - Postmortem Midterms - (#stressfree #stillalive)

"Tch. So that's getting around, huh? All I'll say is that we weren't as compatible as we thought. Anything else is between she and I," he sets his lunch container down at the table, going about the routine of eating well, "And thanks, I didn't think I'd even make the top ten. I just crammed like everyone else. A lot. Math club is helping me not be such a bonehead," taking the lid off his bento box, he picks up a whole mikan and starts peeling it, "Ask Hitomi. I'm not actually that bright, am I nee-chan?"

Popping the fruit into his mouth, he chews for a bit while they talk, "but... uh, I'd love to study with you guys. We don't hang out enough anymore. All of you. It's been so crazy, I guess we really haven't. Karaoke sometime? Hitomi-chan has a lovely voice that you've just got to hear, Jun!" spooning a mouthful of chicken salad into his mouth he does his best to ward off her inevitable retaliation.

---

Later, Takashi does make sure to visit Hideaki's table, "Congrats everyone! I guess this is where all the top of the class congregates," he politely inclines his head to each person seated there, "don't worry, I'm not here to bring the average IQ down,," does he ever stop smiling? Experts are still unsure.

---

The Devil's Bridge - (#attakisback #thedrifter)

Upon logging in, Takashi reviews the messages and decides that actioning on them is probably not possible presently. Nonetheless, he does create an alert for the [PACK] tag so he might stand a better chance of seeing them coming in an ambush. Checking in on the Drifter, he handles a few matters of import before joining his friends, trusting his tengu secretary to keep things in line.

"This place seems like a huge risk, are you even sure Redd_Hott is going to be here? Where the hell did you meet her anyway?" all this in party chat so it can't be snooped on.

Housekeeping:
* Attempting to fuse Hanuman (Rank 4), and two other Rank 4s to either get a stronger Strength Rank 4 or a Rank 5. Repurchasing the two I fuse unless we have enough surplus that I'm not preventing anyone else from fusing.
* Leveling to 16 is otherwise complete, and ready for side-arc.

Mortify fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jul 19, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Flagelo - Teufeulsbrucke

[Party] "Yeah, the fact that they are playing the Great Game is making me a bit wary... How do you know that this isn't a trap or something? They could pretty much use the game as a way to ambush us IRL or something like that..."

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Memento-Mori // Noriko - Teufeulsbrucke

Party Chat posted:

Memento-Mori: ...it's obviously a trap.
Memento-Mori: it has been every other time since we started playing
Memento-Mori: ¯\(◉ω◉)/¯
Memento-Mori: just assume we're getting screwed automatically and we won't be
Memento-Mori: and don't say anything out loud we don't want heard

Fumbling for her phone, she extricates the device from underneath her crow and fires off a group text:

Group Text posted:

Noriko: we can always fall back to this if we need to...
Noriko: just don't leave your phones unlocked without a passcode set
Noriko: ...not that any of you would do that, right?

combining Hecatoncheir, Gigante and Black Frost for a stronger hanged man persona, i will pay associated costs

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 19, 2018

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio // Mid-terms

"Haha, it's not a big deal..." Akio tries to brush off the praise, feeling more than a little bit embarrassed by Madoka's reaction. When she suddenly grabs his arm and looks at him pleadingly he finds himself agreeing to her request without a second thought. "S-Sure! I'll help you study. It's only fair since you teach me karate. Um, not that that's the only reason why I'd do it! Uh, I just... ah, nevermind."

---

"Ow." Akio rubs his recently pinched nose. "Treason? Oh, no, you've got it all wrong I'm afraid," he smiles wickedly at Akane as he puts an arm around Noriko. "I actually did team up," he says, taking immense pleasure in finding the shoe on the other foot for once. "So you see, this is more like mutiny than treason, really."

Ambrose // Teufelsbrucke

"Of course there's a considerable risk of a trap or an ambush. That's why I'm not simply doing this on my own," Ambrose states plainly over party voice chat. "But I don't expect Redd_Hott to betray us, I believe she truly does need our help. We haven't spoken all that much with each other, but I've made her acquaintance since before this all started."

Text to Noriko posted:

Akio: come on, one time that happened! (๑´╹‸╹`๑)
Akio: I've got my phone secured super tight now (*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑
Akio: I took some inspiration from your runic password and cast a warding spell on it (Arcane Lock (Phone): 1d20+34+5 51)
Akio: the magic prevents anyone but me from unlocking it
Akio: well... anyone but me and you. I made it so that you can unlock it too, just in case something were to happen to me

Akio: ...there's something you should know about what we're doing here tonight
Akio: the people we're here to meet? I first met them in Etemenanki, during the ORDER trial run
Akio: they're in the same situation as me with regard to ORDER
Akio: I had a meeting with Isabelle last week and she asked me to help them and then report back to her with the details
Akio: the more I speak to people in ORDER, the more I feel like Bishop was acting alone...
Akio: I know that's a dangerous assumption to make, though

Fusing Kraken, Mithra and Clotho into a World persona.

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 23, 2018

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

School, Lunch
Thursday, 5/14

Akio: Oblivious yet thankful, Madoka agrees to hit the books with you sometime before the next big test!

---

: Clawing herself up a little, Akane clings to Noriko's other arm and pouts. "But Norikoooo, Tak's gonna get into some top tier and I can't let her go alone..." She sulks a bit until Akio butts in! She gasps! "Noriko! No! We should've studied together!" She lets Noriko go and turns away from you two, looking downcast. "I... I can't believe you're this close already... we could've studied together... but..."

Oh no! The tables may have turned but they continued turning until they hurtled dangerously towards their original facing! Akane withdraws her phone and turns back around, grinning wickedly as she swipes at the screen every few seconds! Pictures of her and Noriko at an amusement park play on a loop! Akane's biiiiiig grin hovers over the top of the phone as she laughs. "We had such a great date, we were too busy to study! I'll be sure we all get together and really hit the books next time! Shishishi.."

: Takashi: "That sounds like fun, can you set us up?" Your friends agree that some karaoke really is due... and Hitomi elbows you between bites, whispering!

: "You can't pass on the deets that easily..." Eventually lunch finishes and on the way out you spot a familiar girl peeling away from little Ryuka and one of the top 10(Mutsumi.) She makes her way over to greet you at one of the school entryways.

: "Takashi! Hiii!" Bubbly, blonde, the sun of the two moons. Hiroko... Ono Hiroko! A surprise #10 spot! And a girl you spent some time with early at the start of the school year. She has an aura like an overly caffeinated sales rep. "It's been a while! Did you want to do volunteer work again? Uh-uhm, with me? Now that we don't have to study so much, hee hee."

: Tsukiyo: Manami deadpans at you before sighing. "... Then why're you banchou of two schools already, dumbass?" Miho seems shocked(shocked!) to realize this as well!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo - Class

Well that's a good argument, isn't it? Tsukiyo is hit by the bluntness of its truth and hits her head on her table again! "I don't want to become a banchou..." She says, tears streaming down her face. "I... I got to do something about this!" She quickly lifts herself up and heads towards where Itsumi and the others are. "I-Icchan! I gotta ask something of you...!"

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio // Mid-terms

Akio stares blankly at Akane's phone as she shows the pictures of her and Noriko at the amusement park. "Looks like you two had lots of fun..." Date? What the hell is that supposed to mean? He withdraws into himself and focuses on eating his lunch. He finds it tasting kinda bland.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

School, Lunch
Thursday, 5/14

Akio: As you finish up this horribly bland lunch you find your feet marching one in front of the other as you approach the tedium of a fresh clash. Your monotonous gray world view is interrupted by a vibrant bit of color splashing in as Hideaki clasps a hand to your shoulder from behind, leaning in like a long time confidant.

: "Hey, it happens. It shouldn't be legal for cats and girls to reside in the same spirit. But take it from me, knowing her since we were kids..." He glances over his shoulder at Akane and Noriko's table. "She must like you if she's messing with you. It's just her way." He chuckles and tries to give you a bit of a cheering up with a pat on the back. Then suddenly, Hideaki grows quite grim-faced.

"But her way is also to like what she likes. She's got a saying I've heard a few times... "A Hattori knows no fear in love."" He shakes his head and gives you a sincere eye to eye look. "Maybe you should watch out..." He chuckles and drops the act. "Now, ah, hey, we should trade study notes sometime. The Elite 3 have got to represent, you know? You walk to school with Felix, right? I know him."

(Feel free to wrap up/continue conversations if you need to, but things are good to go and finished for the most part.)

---

Friday, Saturday and Sunday (5/15, 5/16 and 5/17)
Music

School's much easier for the rest of the week and you've got that lovely day of rest on Sunday. With time to spare and no pressing need to throw down with bikers, shadows or real-life monsters you can actually relax. A few things of note do come up...

Akio, Takashi: On Saturday you catch Kunio during lunch period, sitting at the base of the Nature tree utterly lost in thought, though minus the rosy-cheeked delight you'd associate with a climb. He just seems completely zoned out, lost in meditations that can't yield any productive results. His pal Ken asks if you'd chat him up, just a friendly hello! The boys are a bit concerned as it has been happening all week.

: Kunio seems to quickly recognize you guys and snap out of his daze, smiling. "Hey guys. Good day, eh? Just the right kinda windy..." He seems to recall something and sighs, looking off to the side and into the rest of Naoki's tree grove. After a pointed moment's silence, he looks back to you both and speaks more seriously than you'd ever heard him, the oft-reverent sagacity to his esoteric musings gone, his voice a bit deeper. "We're close, you know. I gotta ask, have either of you ever... been in love?"

The Hanged Man Social Link is almost maxed... if you're willing to help Kunio out, you could max it and form a lifelong friendship... ! (1 Time Slot, Minimum of 3 PCs.)

Itsumi: Tsukiyo wants your help with something!? And you feel that there's something dragging Madoka down, even if she won't talk about it. And most importantly...

: You've finally got a possible break against Ichiro! You just need to see what Ryo's plan is!!!

Noriko: You're the only one that knows it, but...

: Nishiyama Goro, of the crazy Nishiyama family in your neighborhood. He seems to be a deranged neet and his family are happy to play into the image of being crazy as hell. Shiokaze said she wouldn't conduct rituals on the party any further but clearly she and Joker have had some contact with this guy. And now he places #11 on mid-terms while refusing to attend school? You can feel a strange mental tugging, like a strand of fate is tugging...

All: You receive a text from Yuki, Takamura's widowed girlfriend!

quote:

: Hi, I hope everyone is doing well. I don't really want to go alone... the police have finished their investigation and they're preparing Takamura's body for burial. I don't know if your weird medium can do anything, but, uhm.. maybe? Call me if you think it's a good idea.

---

The Weekend

You each have 3 Free Time Slots. How do you spend them?

- Shop (No Time Slot Loss, can purchase Rituals from Jennifer.)
- Grind a significant amount of Gold.
- Call to a Persona (3-4 Star)
- Study (+1 Academics)
- Improve a Social Link.
- Other Social Events (i.e. Takashi with Hiroko or his friends, Noriko with Goro, Akio with Hideaki/Kane/Felix, etc)
- Posture Online (???)
- Extra School Club Event (i.e. Itsumi's Cheer Club, Noriko/Akio's Occult Club, Tsukiyo's Samurai Club/Running for Council)
- Pursue a Lead/Skill Checks (i.e. Contacting known information sources, researching subjects of interest online, etc.)
- Other

---

Teufelsbrucke
Music

Ambrose receives a text from Redd_Hott, who is logging on after you guys arrived to meet her! Sloppy, sloppy! It's safe enough to quickly share with the rest of the party!

quote:

Sorry, I had some chores to do! I'm logging in and we can meet at this place, The Unassuming Chest! I'm really happy you're helping me again, Ambrose!

Finding the sign of a treasure chest Mimic waiting to devour a scantily clad woman of generous proportions is simple enough.

You enter a played-run shop, the open door-frames flanked by spindly-limb golems on wound up spring torsos and singular serpentine tails like clockwork naga. They're of a decent level and competent make, arcane power pulsing through the orderly gears that power them and spring-wound arms of curved blades and spiraling drills. They're also coded to be friendly towards you and judging by the absence of other players that isn't always the case! Inside are two players sitting at a table, looking a bit uncomfortable with one another's presence. Or just in general!

: Redd_Hott is a mid-level player of a tall, elegant girl with flowing red hair wearing the classic beads, bandages and tiger-stripe trappings of a Red Oni. Balancing a long, thin but sturdy studded iron club on her shoulder just completes the image as predictably as could be! Her full screen name is Redd_Hott <Rumbler> [CRAB], her guild sounding like some classic Rokugan RP-PVPers. She stands and bows at the waist to your group! "Thank you so much for agreeing to help us! It's awful! Really... we need help very badly! We've already lost somebody!" A strange concern is tangible in her voice, as though she was recently mentally racked.

: The other guy is simply Weasel [WYRD]. Sounds like a slightly higher-minded than usual group of like-minded griefers with a taste for the macabre. Being immensely hunched over hides that he is a tall, lanky man with a wispy mustache and opaque shades, his poorly matching kimono and armor failing to hide bristling arrays of tools and weapons. He doesn't get up and looks over his shoulder to your group, grinning with a few gap teeth. "Nyeehh heh, great! You guys are the really strong sons of bitches that're already fightin' ORDER, ain'cha! Good to meet-cha!" Ambrose notes that against all odds he has reached Paragon Tier as well...

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Lunch - Thursday, 14th

"If you say so..." Akio replies to Hideaki, but remains unconvinced about Akane's intentions. He lets out a heavy sigh. "But thanks for trying to make me feel better. And sure, maybe we can hang out this weekend or something?"

The Tree - Saturday, 16th

"In love?" Akio lets out a soft chuckle, then turns to face the wind and sighs wistfully. "...Yeah. I think so." He runs a hand through his hair then turns back to Kunio with a concerned look on his face. "What's on your mind, Kunio?"

Free Time: 1) Social Event with Hideaki (and Felix/Kane? I'm not 100% on what Hideaki implied.)
2) Help Kunio out.
3) Posture Online.
4) Study.

Ambrose // Teufelsbrucke

The Unassuming Chest

Ambrose greets Redd_Hott with a small nod. "It is good to see you again, if not for the circumstances." His composure almost falters as he recognizes who else was sitting at the table. Weasel!? He'd expected the Oni to be here with the Runepriest, but certainly not this unfortunate jester. He narrows his eyes and casts a sidelong glance at the fool before looking back at Redd_Hott with a piercing gaze. "You've already lost somebody? Tell me everything that has happened."

pre:
Ambrose
HP: 153/153 (THP: 0)	AC:	39 	Passive Insight: 31
Surges: 13/13 (V: 42)	Fort:	28 	Passive Perception: 24
Initiative: +12		Ref:	33 	Vision: Low-light Vision
Speed: 7		Will:	32 	Action Points: 1
Languages: Common, Elven, Deep Speech	Fortune Points: 3/3

Melee Basic Attack: 1d20+25; 1d8r2+14

At-Will			   Encounter		  Daily
Aegis of Shielding	   [ ]Fey Step		  [ ]Vanishing Blade
Booming Blade		   [ ]Armathor's Step	  [ ]Swordmage Shielding Fire
Sword Burst		   [ ]Dimensional Slash   [ ]Reaper's Challenge
			   [ ]Argent Rain	  [ ]Impenetrable Warding
Encounter Interrupts	   [ ]Beguiling Strands   [ ]Dragon Scales
[ ]Countering Thunderclap  [ ]Brawling Warrior	  Fate
[ ]Dimensional Vortex	   [ ]Insightful Riposte  [ ]Compact of Peace
[ ]Transposing Lunge	   [ ]Second Wind	  [ ]White Tiger Rage
			   [ ]Perfect Arcana      [ ]Rune of the Undeniable Dawn

Magic Items
[ ]Gauntlets of Zeal (Enc, Free): Lose up to 5 THP to deal extra Force/Radiant Damage.
[ ]Shogun's Kimono (Enc, Interrupt): -13 damage from attack against me and allies by marked enemy.
[ ]Band of Jade Venom (Daily, Free): Targets hit by a daily take 8 Ongoing Poison. Save DC 12.
[ ]Black Death (Daily, Free): Target hit by this weapon is dazed UEONT.
[ ]Bladed Bolter Bandolier (Daily, Free): Spawn a Bolter within Range 5.
[ ]Cloak of Translocation +3 (Daily, Minor): Regain the use of a teleportation encounter power.
[ ]Eladrin Boots (Daily * Teleportation, Move): Teleport 10.
[ ]Guardian's Whistle (Daily, Move): Teleport ally within Close Burst 10 to an adjacent square.
[ ]Incisive Dagger +3 (Daily * Teleportation, Minor): Teleport 10.
2x Beginner's Mocha (Minor): Spend a Healing Surge. Gain 6 HP and +2 Defenses USONT.
1x Perfect Donuts (Minor): Gain Regeneration 3 UEOE.

Passives
The Song, Weakness Bonus: gain 1/2 Surge Value as THP, stacking up to twice with existing THP.
Eladrin Will: +5 bonus to saving throws vs. charm effects.
War Wizard's Expertise: -5 penalty to hit allies with arcane attacks.
Cowboy's Hat: Aegis boosts my next attack +2 damage. Teleporting boosts Aegis +2.
Ring of Uncanny Judgement: Automatically know distance and direction to marked targets.
Swordshield Action: After spending an action point, gain +2 to all defenses UEOMNT.
Eladrin's Challenge: Penalty of my mark is -3.
Improved Silver Shield: Gain 14 THP when using Aegis of Shielding Interrupt.
Superior Will: Save vs. dazed or stunned at start of turn, even if not save ends.

Support Persona: Seiryu (World ****)
Ziodyne: +23 vs Reflex. Range 8. Deals 2d8+7+7 Lightning and 2d8+7+7 Thunder Damage to one Enemy.
Dragon's Breath: +23 vs Reflex. Close Blast 3. Deals 2d4+4+7 Fire and 2d4+4+7 Force Damage to all Enemies.
Divine Wind (Encounter, Move Action, Range 5): You or an Ally can Fly up to 7 squares without provoking OAs.
Glimpse of Megido: +25 vs Will. Range 5. Auto-Crits for 2d6+6+7(25) Divine Damage that cannot be Resisted. 
	Activates any benefites related to Critical Hits. Costs 2 Fortune Points.
Blessing of Wood (Passive): +20 Maximum HP.
Resist Physical 15
Weakness: Fire, Necrotic

Social Stats
Academics: Rank 3 [0/7]
Charm:     Rank 2 [4/5]
Courage:   Rank 2 [3/5]

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 25, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Flagelo - Teufeulsbrucke

"Yeah. Please go on on the details on your trouble. And how you are someone we can trust on whatever mindscape we must go." Flagelo says while glaring daggers at both Weasel and Redd_Hott.

Party Chat posted:

Flagelo: If they pull the same poo poo that Caitte did I'll find them and I'll beat them up.

Equipping Ravana.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Thursday, May 14 - Postmortem Midterms - (#stressfree #stillalive)

"Hiroko-san!" Takashi greets her warmly, "congrats on #10! <Very nice!> I actually just made plans to go to Karaoke with Masami-san, Jun-san, and Hitomi-chan this weekend," he rubs his hand behind his head, laughing softly, suddenly guilty at having been so lax about giving back to the community, "maybe we could do a half-day and then you could join us? I wouldn't mind another smiling face when I bomb trying to sing <My Kind of Bad Romance>," his unmistakable grin makes it clear how awful that is likely to be, "I can even offer to pick you up and drop you off after. Its the least I can do."

Friday, May 15 - Sunday, May 17 - Free Time - (#sunsout #gunsout)

Free Time Selects (in order of importance): (1) Assist Kunio (if we have enough commitment) / (2) Go out with Masami, Jun, Hitomi, Hiroko(?) / (3) Assist Yuki (if it occurs this weekend) / (4) Shooting Range with Uncle (or similar ~Courage booster) / (5) Study

The Tree
Takashi can't help but stare into the middle distance as Kunio and Akio talk of love. A few days ago everything seemed so... certain. But now, "I thought I was in love. But I guess it wasn't meant to be," his ever-present smile wilts just a bit before he shores it up, "How can we help? Akio and I," Takashi claps Akio on the shoulder, "are always ready to help a brother."

Text w/ Yuki (Private)

quote:

[Kurokawa.Takashi]: Hi, Yuki-san. How have you been? I was worried. When do they need you to go see him?
[Kurokawa.Takashi]: Let me see if I can get the right ones together and maybe we can come with you.
[Kurokawa.Takashi]: If nothing else, I'll go so that you won't have to face this alone.

Depending on when she needs to go, Takashi will try and wrangle the wizardly pair... maybe on short notice!

---

Despite being increasingly put off by the delay, non-combat attak sits placidly until it is time to head to The Unassuming Chest, where he follows calmly at the group's back, playing rearguard to Ambrose's nigh-omnipresent frontal guard. While not as apparent in his non-combat form, attak continues to change every time he levels, adapting traits from the challenges he overcomes, growing deadlier with ever victory. The stronger the foe, the more radical the change. Where once only magma bubbled and smoked along his fur, now lightning crackles as well, threatening to electrocute the unwary.

As he steps through the threshold he surveys the establishment, trying to spot the ambush before it arrives... when it doesn't come he settles for a closer inspection of Redd_Hott and the Weasel. Having been held like a doll by a real Oni, he can't help but pick apart Redd's persona, immediately recalling Yuzuki's... charms. If the developers ever implement real-time blush, attak would be bright red.

He plops himself on the floor as befits the hound avatar, subtly blocking the most obvious exit from the room in case the pair decide they need to leave suddenly.

Party chat posted:

[attak]: This is your show, Ambrose. But I'm with Flagelo. If this goes south, its going to be a bloodbath.

pre:
.attak    						 
HP : 128/128 (THP: 00)   Passive Insight    : 26    Defense Sets : AC/FT/RF/WI
Surges : 9/9 (V: 36)     Passive Perception : 31    1 Defend       35/33/31/30
Initiative : +14         Vision : Low-light         2 Fury         33/33/31/30
Speed : 10                                          3 Bloodied     +1/+1/+1/+3
Action Points : [1]      Fortune Points : [3/3]     Fate Points : [3/3]

At Will               
Jarring Smash               Stalk and Strike            Vengeful Guardian
Defender Aura               Kord's Force                Strutting Bull

Encounter
[ ] Brutal Slam             [ ] Curtain of Steel        [ ] Blood for Strength
[ ] Thri-Kreen Claws        [ ] Takedown Strike         [ ] Screaming Hawk Strike
[ ] Stone Fist Flurry       [ ] Second Wind             [ ] Perfect Howl of the Alpha Wolf
[ ] Lunar Blessing

Daily
[ ] Thunder Hooves Rage     [ ] Vengeful Storm Rage     [ ] Ancestral War Band Rage
[ ] Ignore Pain             [ ] Fearsome Presence       [ ] Hive Consciousness
[ ] Inspire Fervor (Fate)   [ ] Mark of Victory (Fate)  [ ] Tactical Withdrawal (Fate)

Items::
[ ] Grip of the Abyss (Daily, Free)
[ ] Red Prayer Beads (Daily, Minor)
[ ] Deadeye Watcher (Daily, Free)
[ ] Mask of the Guilty Corpse (Daily, Free)
[ ] Kord's Mighty Strength (Daily, Minor)
[ ] Ring of Strutting Bull (Daily, Free)

Passives:
Elemental  :  DR13 vs. Fire, DR3 vs. Cold, DR3 vs. Thunder
Defender   :  Aura 1, -2 to attack rolls that don't include me - +2 AC while active
Fury       :  Lose Defender Aura, gain +2d8 damage on at-wills
Stalker    :  +CA vs. isolated enemies, +2 damage vs. blooded targets, Reach 1 when wielding Gouge
Wolfhound  :  When Raging, allies within Aura 5 gain +2 damage on melee attacks
Nightmare  :  On AP, all enemies suffer -2 attack UEOMNT
Unyielding :  +1 AC/Fort/Reflex, +3 Will when Bloodied
Trained    :  Roll saves vs. Daze/Stun at start of turn, +3 to all saves
Heartless  :  +2 attacks/damage for 1 turn after using Second Wind
Armed      :  Once per turn, draw or stow as a free action
Leap       :  Always considered to have a running start, roll Athletics twice and use the better result
Nap        :  Gain benefits of extended rest after 4 hours

Persona:
Megalodon (Strength *****)
Colossal Bite (+18 vs Fort, Melee, Deals 3d8+8 Physical Damage to one Enemy. Add +4 to Attack/Damage if they are Bloodied and heal Str+Con Mod HP on successful hit)
Crashing Swell (+18 vs Fort, activate on Charge. All Creatures. Deals 1d6+6 Physical and 1d6+6 Cold in CB2, Pull 1, and creates CB2 of Difficult Terrain UEOMNT. Costs two Fortune Points)
Great Terror (+18 Fear, vs Will, CB1, Enemies Shift up to 4 Tiles Away from caster if it is possible for them to Move, then have -4 Attack on their next Turn)
Shark(Passive): Gain +2 Attack/Damage UEOMNT on Bloodying Enemy, once per Round. Grants Swim Speed equal to Move Speed and Underwater Breathing
Half Damage Taken: Fire, Cold, Lightning, Thunder (Apply Resists after Halving)
Weakness: Fire, Force, Psychic

Sword Emblem: +1 attack/damage (per target) UEONT when striking weakness.
Lunar Blessing: (Encounter, Free) Adds 1d6 Cold/Lightning to Next Attack

IRL:
IRL Stats
Rank 3 Academics   [13/17] [+3 Int/Wis Skills]
Rank 3 Charm       [10/17] [+3 Dex/Cha Skills]
Rank 2 Courage     [08/10] [+2 Str/Con Skills]

Mortify fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jul 24, 2018

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Memento-Mori // Noriko - Velvet Room

With the last Persona sequenced, Noriko lets out an appreciative whistle as they fuse into Gravelord Niito, a high-powered Hanged Man she'd had her eye on since the start. As Noriko tries to keep herself from bubbling over with Excitement, Memento-Mori stalks around her newfound Persona, taking in his majesty up close. "mmmm... so much power... and over life and death! haahaha..... ahahha..... ohohohohohohohohohHOHOHO!" hamming up her evil villainess laugh, she turns to make the pact with her new partner. "we're going to fill such beautiful graves together."

Action priority:

Kunio > Extra Occult Club Activity > Bother Goro > Posture Online (barring anything falling through)

Noriko - Saturday

"...love is a chemical response provoked by hormones. it stands to reason that all of us are familiar with the feeling..." a voice mumbles from up above. Noriko is sitting mid-way up the tree, hands over her knees and legs tightly closed, mindful as she is of the view they might otherwise have from below. Was she here this whole time!? Picking a feather out of her hair, she muses, "...there's quite a view up here, i have to say. um, speaking of... if you look when i'm getting down, i'll tell everyone." with care, and mindful the boys are averting their gaze, Noriko lowers herself down to the next branch and then hops down to the ground. "i'm in for whatever we're doing. you probably need my perspective anyway."

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Jul 25, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

- Tsukiyo - Friday 15

Friday is a busy day indeed, as Tsukiyo starts her campaign for the council! Unfortunately it seems that stance of being tough on delinquents will be hard what with the fact that those have been mostly suppressed, but the fact that they are currently her main electorate right now. Instead, she and Miho decide to brainstorm another one, a campaign based not only on cooperation, but on coexistence with Nekketsu and Tatsumi Port High, to make the whole of Kobe safer for students and to create a big student alliance!

...No one will think she's a banchou if she does that, will they?

Spending one day Running for Council and two days Studying (Maybe with Itsumi, will edit this scene later)

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio // The Tree. Saturday, 16th.

"N-Noriko!? Wh-Where did you--When did you... How much did--Uh. Quite a view? Yes--I mean, n-no! I wouldn't know! You need to get down from that tree right now!" Akio finds himself panicking for a multitude of reasons as Noriko makes herself known.

He calms down a bit after she climbs down, but he still feels embarrassed about what she might've heard. "I'd like to think there's more to love than just the science behind it..." he mutters with rosy cheeks.

Ambrose // Teufelsbrucke - The Unassuming Chest

Ambrose casts a quick glance at Flagelo and .attak.

Party Chat posted:

Ambrose: Noted.
Ambrose: Obviously we'll make an appropriate response to any betrayal.
Ambrose: But do try to keep your bloodlust under wraps until we have actually been wronged. It only serves to make you appear insecure.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Thursday, May 14th, Lunch
Music

Takashi: Your approach here works perfectly! It feels much different than navigating the standing guards of the icy empress..

: "I love that song! That sounds great, Takashi! And I bet you're really good!" She giggles and shifts her weight a bit, fidgeting with her left foot. "I could tell you where to pick me up!" She grins and the two of you agree on plans for later.

---

Friday, May 15th, Akio's House

Akio: After Thursday, Hideaki joins you, Felix and Kane on the walk to school in the mornings. It turns out he just has to get off at an earlier bus stop and he seems very grateful for the company. He already knows Felix and gets along quickly with Kane, who seems to actually amaze Hideaki with his dating site "expertise."

: Friday after school the two of you agree to study together at your place and hang out for awhile. Catching sight of your large home leaves him utterly amazed, but not as much as stepping in and exchanging greetings with Hanae, Reiko and Ruiko. Once the two of you have a bit of privacy in your room and are hitting the books, Hideaki grins between practice questions. "... Dang, Akio. This is a little slice of Heaven." He chuckles and lets you know it's mostly a joke before the two of you get back to it. Sharing tips on studying and scholarly interests between two top of the class is a very fine refining process, providing +2 Academics in an excellent session. Hideaki seems to have a lot of mental exercises on lockdown thanks to an exhaustive prep school. You get the feeling that you two are pretty similar. Bookish, usually alone, suffering the slings and arrows of malicious harpies. It's easy for you two to get along.

Thou shalt have the blessing of the Hermit arcana...

Bonuses to Supports of the Hermit Arcana increase to +2 Attack/Damage/Healing!

Of course, Reiko and Ruiko will be heading back to university soon, but they're nearby and can visit anytime and you have contact info for them. Ruiko uses Akio to transmit and receive contact info with Noriko, promising her she can "borrow things from her room any time you want as long as you take care of my brother!"

---

Saturday, May 16th, The Tree

Akio, Noriko, Takashi: Kunio looks immensely cheered just to get your support.

: "I'm blessed to have such good friends. Alright.. I'll tell you what got me." He peers off to the side as Noriko descends. "We all had a good run at Nekketsu, yeah? That scene in the bar was something else... you like 'em big, don'cha Takashi?" He chuckles and slaps his knee. "But when I was there at Nekketsu, I saw someone that made my heart freeze. This was the coolest chick I've ever seen, man. Dignified, powerful, cute as hell." He looks skyward now that it's dignified to do so! "Every woman in the world is a beauty to treasure, man.. how I always thought, but here I am and I can't stop thinking about that Nekketsu girl. I don't even know her name and it's engraved in my heart. It's driving me crazy!" He stands up. "Ya gotta help me! You guys did good over there, you know the school, yeah? I gotta meet her!" His eyes burn with an unusual intensity. Perhaps the raw sincerity seems misplaced for such a strange boy. "If a guy goes through life without laying it on the line, he'll whither and die inside, man. I gotta do this!"

The ultimate blessing of the Hanged Man Arcana! Help Kunio meet the Mystery Girl at Nekketsu High!

---

Teufelsbrucke
Music

: All the aggression doesn't go unnoticed, the hunched over fellow cringing in his seat for a moment. "Calm down, wouldya? This is a friend's spot. Gankers are like jackals, they don't want a real fight." He jerks a thumb over his shoulder to gesture back to the NPC door guards. "And we got a real great reason to ask ya here. Can't be many other places." The Kansai accent is THICK!

: "You can trust us, we don't want to pick fights with the Ailuridae." She holds her hands up, palms out and emotes a friendly sweatdrop. "Ambrose, Sergei(Runepriest) stopped logging in about two weeks ago..." As Ambrose has Redd and the Runepriest on his friendlist, this is true. "Before then we've all partied together as friends at times. Recently we've noticed.. strange things, I guess. I don't know how to describe it. There have been times we've died in the game and gone to a very strange scenario, like a sort of Hell. Or Limbo? Some quest giver gave us very odd and specific instructions.. like inciting guild drama, or even suggesting we do odd things in real life. And they had time limits. Long ones.. warning us against not taking care of things within about a month."

: "Sergei said he wasn't going to bother. He said he'd seen it before and was tired of it, heh. Must've missed his last mark and.. poof." After the inappropriate chuckle and quip, he sweats profusely! "Uh-uhm, l-look, Ambrose, Redd, uh, you guys, the resta you guys. We came to you because it happened to us and.. and.. this guy, The Devil, he says to us we been running high tabs. He wants things interestin'! He asks us to..."

Redd and Weasel share a look.

: " "To raid one of ORDER's Core Mindscapes." " The two seem sincerely worried! Redd peers over your group and lingers on .attak and Ambrose's new titles for a while. "... Are you the same? We heard you cleared out Fenrir..."

: "Whatever reason ya did it, yer the only guys who are doing well messing with the big dogs." You catch a sly grin at .attak. "We can't afford to mess around with backdeals here. Separation like that against the big fish... we'd all get wiped out! So if you got the guts, we're in this together, to the end!"

Ambrose: Isabelle told you she that these two couldn't share the details of their deal with devil with her. Now they've confided in you and you can see why!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 25, 2018

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko - Saturday

After landing, Noriko leans up and casually pecks Akio on the cheek.. "all we are is chemical impulses, a - ki - kun." she says his name in a sing-songy monotone. disgusting! "we're best off not thinking too hard about it."

"ohhh? somebody from Nekketsu?" listening to Kunio's story, she nods. "hmm... that kind of sounds like Miyuki to me... pale and severe with dark hair?" after a moment's thought. "...or maybe that red-haired foreign girl, Anne? the one you guys stole the uniform from?" she smirks. "heh heh. that would be pretty funny."

Memento-Mori // Noriko - Teufelsbrucke

Text to Akio posted:

Noriko: haha
Noriko: it's not like i called you out by name, silly boy (๑ↀᆺↀ❀)
Noriko: thank you for taking it seriously, though, hehe

Noriko: more ORDER nerds, huh?
Noriko: heheh
Noriko: if they lead us into a trap i'm going to laugh at you
Noriko: and that's a very dangerous assumption to make! just like Takamura's assumption he could get away with going into Bishop's mindscape, alone.
Noriko: like a certain someone I know who keeps going into the belly of the beast...
Noriko: ( ・ั﹏・ั)

(after they meet with their contacts:)

Noriko: wwwwww
Noriko: these chumps are so far in over their head...
Noriko: at least we have an excuse to clean up an ORDER mindscape now...

"i met Him once." Memento-Mori says as they explain their story about meeting with the devil. "that place... i don't think it's even part of this game. it's something else." she shakes her head. "think about it... there's no way anyone associated with the game would behave this way or know the things they do about us..." she remarks, looking distant as the remembers her own experience. "you should do what He says. i don't think He's messing around... He gave you something, whether you realize it or not, and He expects payment... that's just how these sorts of things work."

"i don't know what happened to your friend, but i doubt it was anything good... when i met him, it was my soul for a broken heart. i don't know if a body can live without a soul, and i didn't want to find out. i'm up for helping you if the others are. your story is proof i'm not completely crazy."

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jul 26, 2018

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Since it's presumably too late to help Kunio, Itsumi will:
1. Study with Tsukiyo
2. Student Council work
3. Cheer Club.

Will drop cheer club if I can still help Kunio.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Ambrose <the Black Blade> // Teufelsbrucke - The Unassuming Chest

Text to Noriko posted:

Akio: if we agree to this we'll be the ones in over our heads
Akio: I'm more worried about the aftermath than the raid itself...
Akio: can I really report back to Isabelle about this?
Akio: moreover, can I not?
Akio: but if we just walk away, we're practically signing their death warrants...
Akio: gently caress...

Ambrose grows more severe than usual as he learns of their objective. He listens as Memento-Mori speaks, then nods at Redd and Weasel when she finishes. "You are right to be worried. I haven't met Him myself, but I trust in Mori's words. Whatever the true nature of the Quest Giver is, he's likely just as powerful as he claims. You simply don't have a choice but to do what he asks of you..." With a furrowed brow, he looks down at his hand and runs his thumb over one of the rings he's wearing. He lets out a chuckle to himself, then looks up with a smirk. "I'm willing to help you as well, I'm confident we have the skills to pull it off. That being said, raiding an ORDER mindscape carries the risk of retaliation. The last person to lead a successful raid into one ended up murdered in his apartment soon after, and we don't think that was a coincidence."

Party Chat posted:

Ambrose: I know some of you have done this before, but Takamura isn't around to take the fall this time around.
Ambrose: And we all know what happened to him.
Ambrose: If any of you wish to back out, now is the time to do it.

"So, which mindscape are we raiding?"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Text to Ambrose posted:

Noriko: if you want my advice... you should absolutely, under no uncertain terms, not go back into any ORDER controlled space alone, ever again
Noriko: ORDER are our enemies in the end and what we are working towards is probably... no. it's definitely worth killing for. If we all make it to the end of this alive, it will be because we leaned on each other, not because we trusted one of the other teams to not throw us into fire as soon as we outlived our usefulness
Noriko: i need to help these people, after what happened to me. No more wins for the devil! And... whatever the aftermath is for us, we'll get through it, together. OK? ლ(ↀωↀ✿)ლ

Memento-Mori ruffles Ambrose's hair and grins after Noriko looks back up from her phone.

Party Chat posted:

Memento-Mori: like hell!!! (╬⓪益⓪)
Memento-Mori: this was going to turn into a war eventually anyway
Memento-Mori: gently caress ORDER 凸Φ益Φ)凸
Memento-Mori: bishop is a murderer and anyone who works for him is trash
Memento-Mori: gently caress the devil too 凸Φ益Φ)凸
Memento-Mori: he's going to get nothing out of us because we're not going to lose.
Memento-Mori: don't let your support persona get broken while we're in here
Memento-Mori: getting KOd without it seems to be one of the ways to get caught in That Place...

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio Ambrose <the Black Blade> // Teufelsbrucke - The Unassuming Chest

Ambrose shoots Memento-Mori a dirty look as she messes with his hair and immediately starts putting it back in order. "A cheap shot, mademoiselle Mori. You will find my vengeance to be quite swift," he says with a mischievous smirk, and soon after his form suddenly scatters into a cascade of flower petals. Teleporting behind the dark wizard, he embraces her and leans in to kiss her on her cheek.

Text to Noriko posted:

Akio: OK. Together. (っ˘з(˘⌣˘ ✿)

"Let's call that even," says Ambrose and reluctantly lets her go.

Text to Noriko posted:

Akio: hmm...
Akio: do you think the Devil is opposing ORDER?
Akio: first he helped out Joker, who is very vocal about his anti-ORDER stance
Akio: then he sent these two to raid an ORDER minscape
Akio: if it's not just a coincidence, why would he want to stop them?

Sockerbagarn fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 27, 2018

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(This begins or resolves most of the time slot choices made. Noriko's "Occult Club Activity" and Takashi's "Assist Yuki" will not be counted against them and will be brought up a bit later or next in-game week.)

Friday, May 15th, Phone
Music

Takashi receives a reply that he can share with the others to plan for investigating Takamura's remains...

quote:

: Any time next week is fine. He didn't have much family so there's not really.. a time table or a rush or anything... it's so sad. I might be the only one. I'm so glad you'll come with me, at least. Tell me when you're ready! xo xo Takashi~

Maybe not that last bit!

---

: "Sorry, I don't know either of them. Maybe if I saw her face to face? You guys seem to have some pals at Nekketsu."

An independent plot arc not anchored by the constraints of time(similar to the current Teufelsbrucke arc) has begun! Akio, Itsumi, Noriko and Takashi are determined to help Kunio meet the girl of his dreams! All you know is that she goes to Nekketsu...

Akio has a terrible reputation leftover with the student body.
Noriko and Akio know Anne, a red-head who told them off for stealing her uniform jacket!
Noriko attends Fencing Club at Nekketsu.
You all know Shiokaze, though Itsumi is a bit closer to her than the others.
And you all know Fujio, Nekketsu's Banchou and the player of Mr. Heart, a pretty honorable guy.

How do you approach Nekketsu? At least you won't have to break in this time! And you could rope Tsukiyo into helping... she knows Miyuki the best.

---

Saturday, May 16th, Student Council Room(After School)

Itsumi: You find that you're throwing yourself into doing additional Student Council work! What started as sharing elbow space with a conniving ice witch and a blackmailing bastard seems to have turned into genuine enthusiasm for managing the affairs of the three classes?! As you work diligently at the end of the day, you hear your Senpai approaching... always moving at a steady, stately rhythm, as though announcing herself.

: "Kasaya-san." She waits for you to look up to greet her and gives you a cordial nod and smile. "I was very impressed to hear about your placement after mid-terms, and further still to see you working so hard here. Do you mind if I join you?"

---

Sunday, May 17th, Tsukiyo's House

Itsumi, Tsukiyo: Tsukiyo's "house" is a full sized traditional Japanese home with an adjacent structure, a small dojo! A fenced yard, a shed and even a peaceful little garden with pond! And she lives here, all by herself with only her Grandmother!? The two of you are left undisturbed as Grandma Clara addresses a "special student" alone in the dojo. Itsumi gains +1 Academics for her diligent efforts and Tsukiyo gains +2 Academics as a smarter head helps her catch up rapidly. As the two of you relax between time hard spent hitting the books, your conversation drifts to Tsukiyo's outrageous lunch-time meeting with Takano and Akane...

Tsukiyo: You have no idea how to run for Student Council. You'll need a Skill Check to even begin basic research into it. You can't imagine Takano would help you either... but you are studying with Itsumi and she's on the Council! It's a start! And you gain an additional +1 Academics for your disciplined solo efforts over the weekend! Studying is its own reward!

---

Sunday, May 17th, Inner City Kobe

Takashi: Gathering your friends old and new together, you hit the town! You notice when picking up Hiroko that she lives on the second floor of an expanded storefront, the first floor being a beautiful family-owned gardening store. The artisanal flower beds speak to the mastery of her family and staff and draw a steady amount of foot traffic on a popular suburban street corner. And the two of you had another pleasant street clean-up early in the morning... now the five of you are sharing a room and belting out the most popular bawdy teen ballads to celebrate the end of a challenging last week.

And now is the promised time, when you belt out <My Bad Romance>.. it has a duet part! You can already see Hitomi with a raised hand pointing down impatiently at her own grinning face. Masami waves you off and Jun seems indifferent to who does it. Hiroko is waiting patiently with her gaze averted slightly.

---

Sunday, May 17th, Kobe Suburbs

Noriko: The last few times you dealt with the Nishiyama household their younger children helped hex you, the older son blasted you out of a window and the mother gave you the creeps. How're you going to approach it this time!? The mystery of the strange pig-headed son excelling at school has caught your attention! At least you can guarantee he'll be home!

---

Sunday, May 17th, Bibliotheca Argentea(Online DDW)

Akio: You log into your Mindscape, deciding to relax a bit at the end of the night on your free day. You haven't had a chance to see how well the cloud-riding spires of your great library have done with the common player. As you zone into the outskirts of your area to survey it, you're surprised to see a steady line of low-to-mid-level players lining up for the challenging little tests you've devised in your "Tutorial Dungeon." An equally steady line of adventurers is departing at a steady clip, eagerly examining their hard-won loot. There seems to be a communal chat point at the main foyer where a crowd of people listens attentively to somebody speaking:

: ".. And this one's just a simple Tower of Hanoi with a teleporting piece gimmick, you can solve it in this order <shift, shift, shift, blink, shift, shift, blink, shift, blink>. That one's a combat challenge, you taunt the Knight and kite him only one square outside of his range at a time, don't stand diagonal to the Priests or at cardinal directions vs the Brutes. It's just Chess, right? And then this one..." The luxurious Tiefling Warlock <Miss> Mapple is sitting with her legs crossed high at the knee on the front desk of your grand library, reciting a clearly memorized list of special information to everyone about to enter! Seems she has gained a few levels but still has nothing on Ailuridae's explosive growth.

A few people from the crowd turn and gesture at you and either hide their laughter or feel a bit awkward and hustle into the challenges or even out of the Mindscape entirely.

---

Teufelsbrucke
Music

: Weasel is absolutely riveted as Mori speaks! When she finishes he gestures rapidly, sweating all the more! "Yeah! Like that! I get creamed and this guy says ta me, he asks if I wanna get stronger, I say yeah, sure, and he asks me for weird stuff, like manufacturing some guild drama or somethin'! Even gives me ideas and targets and the like! Says uh, I better not be late on giving back to him.. I did it by the end a' April and I'm already Paragon, y'know?!"

: "It was worse for me... I fell in a dungeon while acting as Defender and was so embarrassed I wanted to die! I enter that weird place and he says he can make it better. All he'd want is me to go to a place and fight somebody.. easy, right?" Redd seems very demure all of a sudden, for a tall fit oni lass. "He had me arrive and join somebody else in a King of the Hill style map. He wiped this trio of lowbies out, totally crushed them and won. He seemed to be satisfied with that... they were totally dejected afterwards." She sighs and rubs her upper arm, looking away. "It felt cruel, like I killed their interest in the game."

: "Well.. we're stuck in it now and those were the easy prices, yeah? Things get harder and we both dropped and now we got this tall order and we're sharin' it! But we gots some leads. He's always got leads.. like ya said, funny how that works out, huh? And Ambrose said he knew ya, uh, Mori. That somebody else he'd heard of saw this stuff."

: Redd seems a bit more chipper and interested in Mori. "Hmm.. have you just not fallen since that time? You guys are pretty strong. That's good. Here's my plan. ORDER has a few leaders who like glory more than others, ya know? Fenrir never streams, Bishop has his dungeons, they got that weird RP group for Thadd. That kinda stuff. Royal streams and she's been advertising her first "real" Mindscape. She's working with Bishop to make a proper Dungeon instead of a hang out spot... that means if we head there before she "officially opens" it, we can be some of the first to run it. If Bishop's helping it'll be tough in design, but you guys are ready for that, right? And it's better than just going to the Towers of Destruction or something like that..."

: "Nyehhh-heh, Bishop just gets happy when folks run his stuff. Watches 'em, rates 'em. Like a voyeur or somethin'!"

: "Necropolis, a city of the damned and dead. <Princess> Royal_Boner is a powerful Bard and she loves to summon monsters, mostly undead. I think everybody knows that, yeah? Makes choosing Personas a bit easier. Necrotic and Poison Resist at minimum."

: Weasel dips his glasses long enough to roll his eyes before letting them bob back into place. "Chehhh-heh, if ya like easy."

: "I like living!" She scowls at Weasel, fangs glinting.

: "Look, that ain't th' only way we can go. You don't get a group of guys this strong all th' time." He grins at you all! "And you guys fought freakin' Fenrir. You're the real deal. I've been thinking about this one for months... ya know the House of Fortune? Mage_Isabelle's auction house! Not many guys know th' game system like I do, but I can tell.. it's a Dungeon 'Scape! I mean, ya can't spawn a Boss as tough as ol' Headcount as party of some tinny decorative guards, right?" His grin doubles in size, such that it might overtake his face. He sweats a bit more as he chuckles! "Heh heh heh! Whaddaya say we run that one?! Can ya think of a better prize than the freakin' Auction House?!"

You do know a bit about the full six of ORDER's "world best" elite. Raiding Bishop's dungeons alone doesn't seem like a good way forward, but embarrassing him and Royal would do the job. Most of you don't know Isabelle at all aside from the general rumors of the biggest Auction Baron in the game. And .attak can certainly recall the colossal doorman that guards the House of Fortune. It'd fit the Devil's requirements, at least!

Fenrir's Mindscape is best known as a pure PvP zone, a living disaster area. You've also already earned the fame for defeating him! You know that Thaddeus has a full crop of roleplayer nerds and they must have an equally esteemed Mindscape to ransack. And there's always the idea of going straight to the top and trying to figure out where Charlotte rests her crown...

You've got time enough to do a little research(alternate skill use summary.) The choice is yours to make.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jul 28, 2018

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

Nekketsu Hunt

"So you're saying we need to get you back into Nekketsu then, Kunio?" Itsumi asks, somewhat incredulous.

Student Council Room

Itsumi looks up from her work to see her Senpai standing over her. Feeling she has no other option, she replies, "Thank you, Hattori-senpai! I would be honored if you joined me!"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Flagelo - Teufeulsbrucke

"We already went to the Princess' mindscape and barely escaped... The defenses there must be way stronger by now..." And yet, this was back when Takamura was alive... Perhaps returning there might get some answers for Yuki? "But still, we are acquainted with that place, more or less. Maybe I should contact Miyuki-san as well about it."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

: "!" Kunio is startled to see that Itsumi has joined the conversation suddenly! He cups his chin and enters a state of deep thought, looking down to the ground for a moment. He smiles with a sincere appreciation. "The sunflower of the freshman year, Kasaya Itsumi. Am I truly so lucky...?" ... "Ah, if you could introduce me to anyone you know, that would be a big help."

---

Saturday, May 16th, Student Council Room(After School)

: Itsumi: Takano sits and returns your smile. "Please, you can call me Takano-Senpai." S-she didn't drop the honorific! Like a visit from a boss, her eyes dance across the little busywork you're doing. (Feel free to ad-lib.) "I thought it would be nice if we became friends, Kasaya-san. What are you working on there?"

You may just be doing the standard checks and busy-work of the Student Council, or you may be stuck with work Ichiro should be doing! He's on the Council too and must answer to Senpai! Revealing the truth of the matter would definitely get you on his bad side... but what of the side of the President?!

---

Teufeulsbrucke

: "You've been there? I guess that's why she redid it. And with Bishop's help it'll be pretty much brand new."

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Ambrose <the Black Blade> // Bibliotheca Argentea

Ambrose observes the situation with an amused smile on his lips, leaning casually against one of the many columns on the main library floor with his arms folded in front of him. Once he's seen enough, he stands up straight and approaches the front desk where Mapple is sitting. "Now this is a most peculiar sight," he says as he slowly closes the distance. "A ganker helping others? I must have left quite an impression on you when we last met, Miss Mapple." Parting the crowd, he stops in front of her and raises an eyebrow. "Did I truly beat you so soundly that you had to re-evaluate your life choices?" he smirks.

Ambrose <the Black Blade> // Teufelsbrucke - The Unassuming Chest

Ambrose shoots Weasel an icy glare. "No."

Party Chat posted:

Ambrose: Keep an eye on Weasel.
Ambrose: He's an idiot.

"The Fortune House is too high profile, we want to attract as little attention as possible if we are to do this. Fenrir's mindscape also seems like a poor choice, PvP is too unpredictable. Charlotte's mindscape is likely the most difficult target to crack, so we would be wise to avoid hers as well."

"Which leaves us with Royal and Thaddeus. Thaddeus is the more dangerous opponent of the two, but if Royal has gotten help from Bishop to redesign her mindscape that could make her the harder target..."

Thaddeus or Royal, who do I think the best target is, and what are their strengths and weaknesses?
Perfect Arcane Mutterings (Streetwise): 1d20+34 37
Reroll: 1d20+34 Natural 20! 54

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Sunday, May 17th, Bibliotheca Argentea(Online DDW)

The crowd separates as things are clearly about to get good. Mapple stops speaking as you cut in and deliver some coy remarks... she crosses her arms and sighs.

: "Of course you did. There's nothing quite like your discipline." She bounces one foot impatiently up and down, her right leg crossed over top her left. "And after we last met I just had to come here and see you..." Why is everybody looking between the two of you like that!? "After last time... I really need you to take responsibility." Mapple keeps her arms crossed over her chest and raises one hand to her mouth, anxiously biting a fingertip.

Now the rumor mill is in high gear as everybody is chatting, staring and occasionally emoting. Lots of blushing and big grins!

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 28, 2018

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

While Noriko buries her head in her hands at Akio's corniness, Memento-Mori swoons.

Text to Akio posted:

Noriko: omg (✿ ⁄•⁄ω⁄•⁄ ✿)
Noriko: how are you this corny!!

Noriko: um... i've been thinking about that
Noriko: i think maybe... there's more forces at work like him.
Noriko: we know this is between philemon and nyalarthotep
Noriko: so... what's satan doing here??? is he on one side or the other? or is he independent?
Noriko: and remember that guy from takamura's last night???
Noriko: he seemed to have the same deal, but he was **definitely** not the same one i met
Noriko: ORDER are farther than we are... a few of them have to have died at least once or twice...
Noriko: maybe the deals they made were with forces The Devil is opposed to...
Noriko: and maybe they feel better about helping them than i do. i could see that being a reason.
Noriko: i don't think His opposition is a reason we should help ORDER though... or Him
Noriko: we've both read enough books on the subject to know these kinds of deals aren't made with Things that really want to help you

Listening to Weasel and Oni's stories, Memento-Mori immediately begins to nod, at first subtly, and then enthusiastically at Weasel's suggestion. Just as Amborse cuts him off, Memento-Mori interjects "-yes! yes!"

Party Chat posted:

Memento-Mori: respectfully
Memento-Mori: (/¯✿◡ ‿ ◡)/¯ ~ ┻━┻
Memento-Mori: i disagree

"That's exactly why we should raid the Fortune House!" Memento-Mori's getting surprisingly animated. "Just think about it... It's so high profile, it's the last place they'd expect us to hit them!"

Party Chat posted:

Memento-Mori: bishop and boner built her mindscape back up together
Memento-Mori: if we raid Royal right now it puts us on his radar immediately
Memento-Mori: i don't know if we're ready for that
Memento-Mori: remember what happened to Takamaura...
Memento-Mori: as for Thaddeus, i think he's waiting for us
Memento-Mori: one of his toadies was trolling my mindscape... trying to antagonize me.
Memento-Mori: Thaddeus has an army... and a lot of them are higher level than us...
Memento-Mori: i still think we'd win, but... do we want to take outsiders into that kind of meat grinder?
Memento-Mori: but hit the auction house... we might still look like opportunists
Memento-Mori: and while her security is probably overwhelming... it's probably also not custom tailored to us
Memento-Mori: and it's probably not crawling with ORDER RP nerd PVPers!

"There's no riper target in all of Digital Devil Worlds to hit, and everybody stays away from it for that very reason! We would be legends! Every player would be talking about us, and there's no way the take from a raid like that wouldn't be massive. Could ORDER even blame us?! We're just doing the obvious - there's a big vault, it's just waiting to be cracked open! The game's biggest bank, waiting for just the right team to plan the game's biggest heist. How can we pass on an opportunity like this?!"

"And... besides. I've been wanting to tie Mage_Isabelle up and stomp on her spine since I started playing!" She seems to shiver at the thought! "She's 'the world's best controller', after all..." she air quotes, in a derisive tone, "My whole career as a controller has been leading up to this! You fighters all got so much praise when we beat Fenrir, but everyone just calls me a hanger-on! 'well, she's not as good as Isabelle!' Controllers have to work twice as hard to prove themselves!!!"

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jul 28, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Flagelo - Teufeulsbrucke

Party chat posted:

Flagelo: Takamura is exactly why I want to go there. This whole thing... I really think we can get some answers about him if we go back to the Necropolis.
Flagelo: We should probably contact the other people from Alluridae to get some intel that they got from there back then since Akio and Itsumi weren't there.

Tsukiyo - Saturday.

Tsukiyo puts her head down, looking positively overwhelmed after the cram study. "Ugh, what a pain..." She stops for a bit and looks at Itsumi. "Oh yeah, hey Icchan... You work at the Student Council, right? ...With those two."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

Student Council Office
"I would love to become friends, Takano-senpai! Anyway, I'm just doing some paperwork one of the upperclassmen on the council asked me to help out with," she says, wanting to be honest but to not throw Ichiro under the bus... not yet at least.

DDW

Itsumi smiles at the idea of hitting Fortune House, remembering those ancient videos of players in the old MMO Realms of Ravishment sneaking into the capitals of opposing factions to kill the auctioneers in their auction houses to wreak havoc.

Party Chat posted:

[Party] [Sunbright] I don't mind where we go, but at the very least I think it'd be /very/ fun to hit the Fortune House!
[Party] [Sunbright] I mean, Noriko's right, people would be reading about us everywhere for years and years!
[Party] [Sunbright] Not to mention all of the loot...

With Tsukiyo

"Yeah, I do... why do you ask??" Itsumi asks, twisting her head to the side in confusion.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Tsukiyo - Saturday.

"I'm going to run against them soon... I'm tired of the way they keep running Naoki and how they never made a move to help when people here were threatened!" She almost slams a fist on the table, but stops at the last minute.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Friday, May 15 - Sunday, May 17 - Free Time - (#sunsout #gunsout)

Text to Noriko & Akio posted:

[kurokawa.takashi]: Hey, Takamura's going to get released next week. You two have the best chance of finding out something from that - I figure it never hurts to learn more. Let me know if you'll have enough time between your after school activities to come with.

Karaoke
Takashi grabs Hiroko's hand, pulling her up to the little dais with him, "Come on, Hiroko-chan, help me sing this!"

Diplomacy: 1d20+14 26

He begins with the male vocal part, not the best - but surprisingly okay...

"It is a little dangerous,
Look for your memory.
Follow your memories
I seek my memory
Find a memory
Find your memory
Its just my kind of bad romance"

---

Party Chat posted:

[attak]: Whoever we hit, as long as we're sticking it to ORDER, it'll be good.
[attak]: But Royal is likely to remember some of us a bit too fondly. We aren't on Isabelle's radar, so she won't be expecting us.

Sockerbagarn
Sep 8, 2007

Akio

Text to Takashi & Noriko posted:

Akio: OK, I'll come
Akio: it's gonna be pretty creepy to be working with a real dead body, though...
Akio: you should probably take the lead, Noriko

Ambrose <the Black Blade> // Bibliotheca Argentea - Sunday, May 17th

"Responsibility?..." Ambrose says, sounding unusually slow of thought as he stands mesmerized watching Mapple bite her fingertip. Suddenly becoming aware of the crowd around them and the potentially brewing scandal, he nervously clears his throat. "Ahem. I think it would be best if we moved this discussion to my private study."

He waves his hand at the instance portal to the challenge dungeon, causing the blue shimmer to be colored red. "I'm taking the Tutorial Dungeon down for maintenance," he announces to the visitors, "it'll be back up in..." he throws a quick glance back at Mapple. "Uh, an hour or so... Peruse the guides in the meanwhile!" He takes Mapple's wrist and leads her to the nearest teleporter pad that would take them up to his office at the top of the grand library, and out of the public eye.

AkioAmbrose <the Black Blade> // Teufelsbrucke - The Unassuming Chest

Text to Noriko posted:

Akio: I can't help it, I'm corny for you! (๑•́ ω •̀๑)

Akio: I'm not saying that we should pick a side
Akio: but we're small fry, we have to play smart
Akio: maybe we can pit them against each other?

---

Ambrose levels a stern gaze at Memento-Mori and repeats his sentiment. "No."

Party Chat posted:

Ambrose: Some of you are being dangerously naive right now.
Ambrose: Do you think it went unnoticed that we beat Fenrir?
Ambrose: Just take a look around. We have gained notoriety, random players are trying to emulate us. Everyone knows about us.
Ambrose: We ARE on Bishop's RADAR, and everyone else's in ORDER too. All we can do is try to minimize our signature.
Ambrose: Raiding the House of Fortune is the last thing we want to do, save for entering one of Bishop's personal mindscapes.
Ambrose: Trust me, Weasel is cut from the very same idiot cloth as Racoon.
Ambrose: Taking his advice is a terrible idea.

"Don't forget why we are doing this in the first place. If we fail, we seal the fates of Redd and Weasel. We should strike a low key target and try to avoid letting anyone know it was us. The Fortune House can wait until we are ready to face the consequences."

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Kasaya Itsumi

With Tsukiyo

Itsumi pauses for a moment before hesitantly replying, "Oh... well I can definitely help you run, especially since I'm not terribly fond of Takano myself, but I'm not sure if running on a platform of creating a student vigilante force is going to go over too well with the school..."

DDW

Party Chat posted:

[Party] [Sunbright]: What's the point of putting through the effort to raid somewhere that won't even get us anything?
[Party] [Sunbright]: Going after a low level target won't help anything anyway... like you said, we'll be on their radar regardless.
[Party] [Sunbright]: There's no way to keep a low profile raiding any one of their mindscapes
[Party] [Sunbright]: So we might as well make a statement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Noriko - Harassing Goro

Noriko decides on a two-prong approach to meeting up with Goro. There's the online route, and if that doesn't work, direct, targeted harassment!

Using all of her skills as an extremely online person, Noriko combs DDW and DDW-related social media for any signs of Goro. She even resorts to creeping Hideaki's accounts, knowing he was one of Goro's friends!

Arcana: 1d20+26 40

If she's unable to pin him down, she makes it a point to swing by his his neighborhood. Taking a comfortable position somewhere out of the way, she has Crowley approach his window and call out to him, provided there's nobody around to hear a talking crow.