Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Looks cool. I like the music.

But now I'm reminded and sad we won't get more Norm Macdonald as Yaphit :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I see they are still doing that extremely busy and terrible space battles. Looks like something out of Revenge of the Sith

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

isaboo posted:

Looks cool. I like the music.

But now I'm reminded and sad we won't get more Norm Macdonald as Yaphit :(

I think they confirmed that Norm already recorded all his lines for this season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Last of Us tv series is making a change to the story where instead of the outbreak happening in 2013 they changed it to 2003.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

muscles like this! posted:

The Last of Us tv series is making a change to the story where instead of the outbreak happening in 2013 they changed it to 2003.

Guess all the consoles are gonna be PS2s instead of PS3s

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I mean, I don't really care, but why? Seems odd. The main distinction between those two periods is smartphones and it's not like those would matter to the story.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They wanted to change it to 2023 but realised nobody will have a PS5 even then

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

bull3964 posted:

I mean, I don't really care, but why? Seems odd. The main distinction between those two periods is smartphones and it's not like those would matter to the story.

Probably so the main timeline in the show will be present day

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
someone on the production team loves limp bizkit

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
So far Marshawn Lynch has been my favorite on Murderville, even though I don't know who he is. It felt like he was just allowed to have fun instead of being railroaded down a certain path.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Oasx posted:

So far Marshawn Lynch has been my favorite on Murderville, even though I don't know who he is. It felt like he was just allowed to have fun instead of being railroaded down a certain path.

He is a man famous for making his own path where it seems like there isn't one.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

theflyingexecutive posted:

He is a man famous for making his own path where it seems like there isn't one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQdt8KpRLOw

Yup.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Inspector 34 posted:

I would be down to check out the new G4TV but other than hearing about it a while back I think you're maybe the first I've seen talk about it in months at least. Is it like a full on cable channel again? Or just a youtube channel kind of thing? I'm on YTTV right now and don't think I've seen the channel on my listings but that doesn't mean I can't find it elsewhere if it's worth checking out. Used to love AOTS way back when. If it's the same as it was I probably won't like it that much anymore to be honest, but if it's evolved a little bit then that could be cool.
It's a channel with new JP Ninja Warrior and some other stuff, but I just watch them live on their G4TV twitch channel, which is where the shows I mentioned get broadcast live before they're aired on TV the next day. It's not a 24/7 twitch channel so I'm missing plenty of what's on, as they call it, "linear." Honestly never heard of TV called that until I watched these guys.

As for AotS It's evolved quite a bit. The cast is diverse, the vibe is positive, and when any punching is done it's usually up instead of down, which I know was a big reason to dislike the old AotS.
...is it possible to give someone too much budget? I'm a big fan of The Orville but a part of me is now thinking maybe having a hamstrung budget made the show better because it meant Seth couldn't create overly-busy Star Wars space battles with overwrought trumpet music. Plus that new opener just makes it sadder that this will (unless it does insane numbers) be the final season. "Here, look at all these cool places The Orville gets to check out! Enjoy the season, bye!" Also a bit sad they didn't try to make more ship designs. DS9 still pulling through with the best looking varietal-ship space battles.

Still excited for it. They've had so much time to polish, I expect great things!

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 4, 2022

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Shageletic posted:

Of the books at least 4 or 5 of them have ambivalent endings that act as continuing grist for the overall story but has no exciting or memorable ending.

The books quickly turn into sprawling collections of hundreds of PoV and trying to say the first book, which was clearly a LoTR knockoff lets get to the bad guy's den where everyone was together getting there (and the TV show had only 2 of them go while the rest of them twiddled their fingers for dumb reason), was the hardest one to adapt is completely confusing to me.

At this point the showrunner is putting out a mediocre TV show that might be better served trying it again with a different creative team years down the road.

This just says to me you're not very well versed in the books.

It's widely regarded the first book's end is the strangest.

Jordon's wife has said of the things he would have wanted to change, one of them was the ending of the first book.

Also, calling it a mediocre tv show is laughable. Maybe not your taste, sure. there's a difference.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
That’s the most :goonsay: post I’ve read in some time

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Been thinking about Station Eleven non-stop since I finished it last week. It's surprsingly a stunningly beautiful and hopeful show despite the deadly pandemic setting. And i love how the very last word uttered is a simple "Bye" and yet it has so much meaning in the context of the character. Glad to find there is a companion podcast so I have an excuse to watch it again this week.

Also someone posted a few pages of the comic panesl from the show on Twitter and it kind of sucks. I guess Kirsten did get obsessed with it as a kid.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
After several slow starts I'm finally getting into The Americans. Just saw s3e3 where Philip has to perform some dentistry on Elizabeth.

This show rules. Can't wait to see how it ends.

isaboo fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 5, 2022

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Almost through season three of Search Party. Still feel bad for Portia, and I absolutely love Chantal.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

GreenNight posted:

She makes a lot of bad decisions.

Quoting this again because she just assaulted some douche with a bag of frozen french fries in a grocery store line for cutting.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HBO Max has decided not to move forward with their Boondocks reboot which is probably for the best as it sounded not good.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Wife decided to watch Sex and the City from the start, and in the first episode Samantha says of Mr. Big "he's the next Donald Trump". Uh oh!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's hard to remember that Trump was once a harmless celebrity dude that would show up in Home Alone 2 or Fresh Prince

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Also that he voted democrat and was pro choice.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Well the last time Trump was mostly harmless was probably about a decade after he left his daddy's sack, we just weren't aware of it after that period.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Mu Zeta posted:

It's hard to remember that Trump was once a harmless celebrity dude that would show up in Home Alone 2 or Fresh Prince

True story, I made an effort to watch through The Office (US) over Christmas 2017 and had to put it down when the first or second joke in the first episode was about Trump. I just couldn't take it seriously after that!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

Murderville is Netflix and that’s like all we’ve talked about for the last page lol. Also The Woman in the House

But yeah there were a good few months last year where there was like almost nothing I cared about hitting Netflix. Weird time to hike up prices imo

Sharon Stone should have a cop show.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

feedmyleg posted:

I can't fathom why you would make that show with that concept then cast people without improv experience.

Sharon Stone and Marshawn were like the best outside of Conan.

Honestly I can't think of a bad ep I've seen so far (I'm starting the 6th ep)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Khanstant posted:

Throw your dog the invisible bone?!

I've been singing slow your roll the invisible boy

Evil has an episode where a cop shoots a woman and says a demon influenced him to see a gun and shoot. At some point they were all worried about this cop going to jail... absurd. But then when the grand jury let's him off no problem, they are all cynical about it like they called it all along, yeah right. Curious if that plotline ever comes back up besides to know they can't trust cops, but adding demons to the racist gangs and such ain't that much of a difference.

edit: Okay, pretend for a moment you are God. You see a monastery down below with a vow of silence, been doing it for 150 years. However, these fuckers are communicating freely using tablets and stylus and other writing tricks. Do you bless these people for their halfass commitment or smite them for trying to pull some poo poo on you?

What is this post

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Escobarbarian posted:

That’s the most :goonsay: post I’ve read in some time

Lol

Looten Plunder
Jul 11, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Oasx posted:

He's most famous for a touchdown run that got the crowd so loud the cheer registered at nearby earthquake monitoring stations and his hilarious pre-Superbowl press conference interview

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
i don't know who marshawn lynch is and he wasn't grabbing me so i skipped his episode halfway through but the conan and kumail episodes were pretty good.

kumail seemed a bit hostile in a taking himself too seriously for comedy kind of way but at the same time, some of the stuff they were trying to get him do did actually suck so fair enough. although the whole 'cadence of the argument' exchange between him and will is probably my favourite bit so far. codence.

this is a good idea for a show.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Shageletic posted:

What is this post

First part is reply about the Peacemaker song lyrics.

Second part is Evil. Edit is a different Evil episode where there's a monastery with vow of silence and I don't think they should get to cheat by talking with writing.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

this reacher show could get dumber and I'd just enjoy it more. its like watching tad castle pretend to be a super cop.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Khanstant posted:

First part is reply about the Peacemaker song lyrics.

Second part is Evil. Edit is a different Evil episode where there's a monastery with vow of silence and I don't think they should get to cheat by talking with writing.

Honestly? You cleared that up, thank you.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Qmass posted:

this reacher show could get dumber and I'd just enjoy it more. its like watching tad castle pretend to be a super cop.

I ain't watching that show unless it's Roadhouse-esque

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Khanstant posted:

Their ingrained narcissism is why Kristen mocks their curse, and thus brings down the wrath of the hive on the monetary, and the place is already corrupted by hosting the othercorrupt Exorcist. Pretty sure God is done with that place.

But honestly the entire show has taken off on roller-skates at this point, have fun trying to apply logic to the next few episodes.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Re: Evil, cop ep: They were only investigating because it was their job but it was pretty clear even from the opening scene alone that not a single one of them thought the cop was actually possessed or that they cared that he'd go to jail.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Argue posted:

Re: Evil, cop ep: They were only investigating because it was their job but it was pretty clear even from the opening scene alone that not a single one of them thought the cop was actually possessed or that they cared that he'd go to jail.

:emptyquote:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I finished Murderville. It's a little odd that Conan O'Brien and Kumail Nanjiani were the reason I wanted to watch the show, and their episodes were also the weakest.
You would think that the people known for being funny would have gotten the looser scripts and not be hampered by the story so much.

But no matter what I really enjoyed the show, I will be very surprised if it doesn't make my top ten list this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

False
Oct 6, 2003
i have friends who will pull magazine models wearing headphones off of trains without even speaking the same language as them. Friends who will show up in a town after hitchhiking cross country for 3 days without showering and pull two girls working
About finished with Reacher and - the only good thing about Reacher is Reacher (otherwise, its extremely generic and bad). As others were saying, they should have leaned harder into being totally ridiculous. Also, I've never had more trouble telling whats happening in dark scenes in a TV show.

Also, is there any chance Netflix or Jimmy Carr are going to suffer consequences for his special (TLDR: "the holocaust wasn't all bad - they did kill a lot of Roma")? Just incredibly outrageous. I've like bits of Carr over the years but I hope he catches poo poo every time he shows his face in public for the rest of his life.

False fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Feb 5, 2022