Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

5.6 p. deece figgies!? :prepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

evilweasel posted:

you need losses to have a lawsuit, and his lies have been pumping up the stock price

it's when they collapse you've got damages

short traders have been losing money though

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Amazingly enough this doesn't seem to have affected the stock price, it went down briefly then right back up.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

NoneMoreNegative posted:

it's 6.7 p. deece figgies, so idk what musks system is

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

being a colossal idiot piece of poo poo?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

President Beep posted:

being a colossal idiot piece of poo poo?
Game recognize game

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Game recognize game

lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
:drat:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Game recognize game

:negative:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Game recognize game

owch

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Game recognize game

brutal

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

elon musk the five figgie fucktard

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

infernal machines posted:

even ignoring the tweet, i have no idea how they get away with presenting absolute fantasy to the shareholders without anyone calling them on it.

this isn't a case of "we had a good week, let's project from there", it's "take our best ever output, and double it" then report that we'll be shipping that many cars despite the fact that almost none of the vehicles we made during that particular run even worked.
it's like you don't even understand exponential growth

exponential growth means i get to multiply any numbers i want by powers of two and the result is the new truth + light

maybe try barely skimming the wikipedia article's intro next time before you spout further BIG OIL journaliesm

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Game recognize game

gently caress lmao

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

I'm so sorry but you softballed that one right in

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i have only seen one tesla in my life. i assume it's stowed away or in a shop now due to the brutal cold and snow

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

I'm so sorry but you softballed that one right in

eh, it's good to have a niche to fill :shrug:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

just disrupted securities exchange regulators by founding my own agency called the S3C, oh yeah

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

big scary monsters posted:

elon musk the five figgie fucktard

lol

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

MomJeans420 posted:

Amazingly enough this doesn't seem to have affected the stock price, it went down briefly then right back up.
tesla stock price is even less based in reality than most stock prices.

Roosevelt posted:

i have only seen one tesla in my life. i assume it's stowed away or in a shop now due to the brutal cold and snow
i seem them everywhere around here. one of these days they're going to read my license plate, associate it with my shitposting, and crash into me.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

Game recognize game

More like oldmercile... wait

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

gschmidl posted:

More like oldmercile... wait
well I don't know quite how to feel about this

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-Elon-Musk-getting-so-fat

The first answer is :laffo:

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

He sleeps very little (a self-declared average of 6 hours/night, but I'd be willing to bet he has some pretty late nights and those 6 hours are rarely uninterrupted by a ringing phone and any given crisis)

yeah he's lying and actually gets less sleep because he's working harder, sure thing buddy

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

hey i just posted this in c-spam

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

lol at six hours a night being "very little" maybe for a literal child.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

quote:

It's pretty obvious that Elon is burning the candle at both ends. If you can surmise a plan to keep Elon healthy so that he can keep changing the world into his golden years, you should do it, because it would be a favor to all of us.

there is not a :rolleyes: large enough

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shame Boy posted:

there is not a :rolleyes: large enough

these loving people

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

smoking weed makes you fat

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
speaking of eyerolls i saw this clunker from cnn today when talking about the fallout from the tweet

cnn posted:

Musk is a loose cannon
Musk is undoubtedly the genius behind the industry-changing electric cars Tesla builds. But he is also the driving force behind the volatility in Tesla's stock and the revolving door of top executive talent at the company.

oh please

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Shame Boy posted:

yeah he's lying and actually gets less sleep because he's working harder, sure thing buddy

doing that many drugs is hard fuckin work

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Shame Boy posted:

no, you see his management is such an utter failure that his companies are in a constant state of crisis and so he's constantly running around trying to put out fires (in the paint shop, in the garbage pile, on the road)

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

quote:

To add to the last point, Elon is the CEO of two companies. Although the CEO role is a position that many entrepreneurs aspire to, Elon views it much differently: he says that the CEO role exists so that there is someone who can deal with all of the problems that literally no one else in the company can solve. That means, as CEO, he is at the base of a funnel for all of the crappiest problems in existence, at not one, but two companies (one of which is publicly traded). I'd say dealing exclusively with massive problems, day in and day out, that some of the world's most brilliant engineers and businesspeople are unable to solve has one sure result: STRESS

I love this $50 way to say Elon is a micro-manager

quote:

Will Dunphey, MBA, Entrepreneur, Author, Tech Enthusiast, Sci-Fi Junkie

this however is an incredibly cost effective way to declare yourself as a total waste of space (in Mississippi none the less lol)

and half the other poo poo listed is either a) problems everyone has b) problems elon has because he's a disorganized idiot

hell with the sleep poo poo, how many people do you think in the factory have had to pull off multiple shifts and probably have to deal with commuting from the central valley -- some of them have probably even just slept in the parking lot

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

Dunphey-Kruger effect in action right there

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007
https://www.businessinsider.com.au/tesla-employee-lived-out-of-van-2015-11 I’m trying to find the sadder story about a veteran who sleeps in an oldish Audi at the Tesla / solar city / one of the factories but this came up first...

Roesslein toyed with the idea of a buying a box truck and turning it into a tiny home. Ultimately, the idea of owning such a big truck was too daunting to proceed.

'At the same time as I was developing those thoughts, I met a guy who works at Tesla, who at the time was living in his Subaru Forester,' he says. 'He'd been doing it for a year.'

One night, that same coworker mentioned replacing his Subaru with a Sprinter van. 'That planted the seed in my head,' Roesslein explains. 'It would be big enough so that you can stand up and have everything you need in there -- but it's also not an atrociously large vehicle, and would be fairly manoeuvrable.'

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
:smugndar:i sleep in a manoeuvrable van. do YOU sleep in a manoeuvrable van?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i sleep in a racecar bed with my wife

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

:smugndar:i sleep in a manoeuvrable van. do YOU sleep in a manoeuvrable van?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Last Chance posted:

i sleep in a racecar bed with my wife

heh. same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Living in my car to make a car I can’t afford.

the dream