Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrGreatJob
Oct 3, 2006

we fuck each other very well and we have a lot of energy from eating plantfoods

Donowitz posted:

"So beautiful! So majestic!" — Skippy Granola, 2014.

A high quality gif for high quality LP.

It's a beautiful flower, ushering in an age of space exploration for the benefit of little green guys everywhere.

Except for the ones in the space center below all that debris. They're hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Skippy Granola posted:

Bless you for immortalizing the best moment in LP since dick-out Hitler.

When was this

chocolatekake
Jul 31, 2013

Cake? Chocolate.
Low effort? Casual? Sounds right up my alley!

Hop into this time machine to see Penumbra: Overture.

Lotish posted:

LP isn't in sub 10-minute segments and isn't on Dailymotion. Thread fails. My LP nostalgia!
I would have, but I didn't want to make a dailymotion account because that site is terrible.

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Pretty pretty pony pony pretty pony pon pon
2007 eh?

Well what's more 2007 than some Super Mario World rom hacks!? Nothing is what!

LET'S PLAY ROM HACKS WITH LOVED ONES!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUOcp1uDZxU

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Brainlord postin' in this 2007 club

Let's Play Brainlord - 02

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

A Bystander posted:

When was this

http://esarahpalinonline.com/soap/?username=Niggurath

PersonMan
Apr 3, 2009
Futurefriend I am legit mad that you didn't bother making a banner for psych and my videos. Like, double you tee eff, dude.

Capt. J. Linebeck
Dec 28, 2012

2007? Well what's more 2007 than... oh someone beat me to it.

Screw sanity, Let's Play Kazio Mario World 3! (Level 1)

Yes there really is a third one, also I won't be doing this by myself. Two other goons should be doing other levels soon.

Steelpudding
Apr 21, 2010

I've got Balls of Steel!

You can expect awesomeness when the title has a typo in it.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Okay, so I feel I have to ask: who the hell plays things like this? It's not even legitimately hard, just frustrating in the way it forces you to savestate abuse.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

anilEhilated posted:

Okay, so I feel I have to ask: who the hell plays things like this? It's not even legitimately hard, just frustrating in the way it forces you to savestate abuse.

It seemed to be some sort of LP badge of honor back in the day.

Mazo Panku
Nov 30, 2013

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
Yeah, mom, still transferring my soul into that guy from Omikron. No, mom, I won't, it's a lifestyle choice I made and I'm proud of it.

Donowitz posted:

"So beautiful! So majestic!" — Skippy Granola, 2014.

Words can't say poo poo. :downsbravo:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

WolfShirt posted:

2007 eh?

goldmine

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

WolfShirt posted:

2007 eh?

This is awesome.

DecayDOA
Jun 3, 2013

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Capt. J. Linebeck posted:

Yes there really is a third one, also I won't be doing this by myself. Two other goons should be doing other levels soon.

You didn't sing along with the stage music or shriek like you're being burned alive even once. What the gently caress kind of Kaizo LP is this?

CrookedB
Jun 27, 2011

Stupid newbee
I stumbled upon this thread by accident but fell in love with it at first sight.

I wanted to contribute but alas I can only do straightforward screenshot LPs but anyway here's my humble low effort SSLP dump style contribution:

Let's play Final Fantasy XAT! Update 1: Because you need to know the buttons!!!!!!!

gatz
Oct 19, 2012

Love 'em and leave 'em
Groom 'em and feed 'em
Cid Shinjuku

CrookedB posted:

I stumbled upon this thread by accident but fell in love with it at first sight.

I wanted to contribute but alas I can only do straightforward screenshot LPs but anyway here's my humble low effort SSLP dump style contribution:

Let's play Final Fantasy XAT! Update 1: Because you need to know the buttons!!!!!!!

2007 quality screenshots right there. I think I like the rpgcodex version better.

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.

Capt. J. Linebeck posted:

2007? Well what's more 2007 than... oh someone beat me to it.

Well, I never thought I would see the day...

RSCNyx
Mar 6, 2013

It's okay, little guy. I would be scared too.
WARNING: The following video contains two idiots playing Contra 3. (Namely me and BMS)

As silly as this was, we had a blast doing this!

RSCNyx fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Apr 12, 2014

DarianX
Mar 18, 2009
I haven't wanted to do an LP in a long time but the Gradius 3 LP/Stream really lit the fire in my soul. Some day soon I too will be a Fun Haver.

Killer Emcee
May 19, 2010

"Looks like your angel has misplaced her halo."

DarianX posted:

I haven't wanted to do an LP in a long time but the Gradius 3 LP/Stream really lit the fire in my soul. Some day soon I too will be a Fun Haver.

Glad to hear Gradius gave you passion, but I probably won't post the stream here! Unless there was another Gradius stream that happened recently.
No one will ever know what you're talking about, I'm afraid. :tinfoil:

DarianX
Mar 18, 2009
You didn't end up posting it afterall? That's a real shame. Don't let people who can't embody the true spirit of 2007 keep you down Killer Emcee. Think of Oyster and his "challenges." He would post anything.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
Pest Control.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
Part 3, in which we move through the first dungeon.

Let's Play Brainlord - 03

The mic quality is a little garbage in this episode but we're all chill here so I accept your preemptive forgiveness

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Man I fuckin love me some Nox.

A neat detail is that while you more or less go through the same levels as every class, there's a bunch of differences.

For example, the house with the bandits next to the water at about 25 minutes in. There's a dead dude on the floor, but if you play as one of the other classes instead he's alive and you can do a small sidequest to find his glasses from the (otherwise kinda pointless) cave full of bats next to it.

A_Raving_Loon
Dec 12, 2008

Subtle
Quick to Anger
There will be a chance to see all of them during Hippie and Nerd quests.

zfleeman
Mar 12, 2014

I wonder how you spell Tabasco.

I have never heard of Nox until now. At first glance, I thought it was some Steam throwback indie dungeon crawler because of its brownish, Baldur's Gate-style visuals combined with some pretty unique fog of war system. Now that I see it was released in 2000, I'm thoroughly impressed. I don't think I could look at it for more than ten minutes, but I'm happy it I know it exists.

Thanks for sharing.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I loved Nox. Never played it without cheating to hell and back, but I had fun with it all the same.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, cheats turn Nox into a thing of beauty; the warrior in particular suddenly gets a whole lot more fun when you can just use Charge whenever.
Hippie is still the best class though.

Kobold eBooks
Mar 5, 2007

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AN OPEN PALM SLAM A CARTRIDGE IN THE SUPER FAMICOM. ITS E-ZEAO AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE THE MAIN CHARACTER, CORPORAL FALCOM.
2007 was a magical time for LPs. You could badly dub in Guilty Gear music over level themes and 'edit' your video by pausing the recording. :allears: Kaizo hacks were everywhere and we hadn't gotten fed up with Deceased Crab yet.

Capt. J. Linebeck
Dec 28, 2012

By the way, if anyone else wants to make videos on Kaizo Mario World 3, they're absolutely welcome to do so. Just don't blame me if you get stuck in the ghost house for 50 minutes like I did. (And it was only the 4th level, out of 10)

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Okay, I'll throw my hat in:

Part 1: Slugs, monsters, stammering, and awful video quality!
Part 2: Harder puzzles, easier puzzles, and better video quality!
Part 3: Floor 4, more of the same stuff, and depressing ineptitude.

azren fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 22, 2014

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

RSCNyx posted:

WARNING: The following video contains two idiots playing Contra 3. (Namely me and BMS)

As silly as this was, we had a blast doing this!

I know this is a little late, but RSCNyx, you can't drive for poo poo sir! No wonder Lance looks depressed in all the after level pictures....he's been ran over by a tank, and had 70% of his lives stolen by Bill! Regardless, that was a blast, we'll have to try something else like that sometime!

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!

anilEhilated posted:

this is all you need to know about Kaizo

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
That... kind of reinforces the question by looking so goddamn painful and will-draining. What's the loving point?

Capt. J. Linebeck
Dec 28, 2012

anilEhilated posted:

That... kind of reinforces the question by looking so goddamn painful and will-draining. What's the loving point?

We play them so you don't have to.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

anilEhilated posted:

Same thing that makes people play Super Meat Boy, except instead of rapid restarts, you have to press the savestate button because 90s technology. Some people are just into that I guess.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, but Meat Boy has legit difficulty; you can theoretically beat it on reflexes only and are limited just by the human factor. This outright forces you to trial and error.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

anilEhilated posted:

Yeah, but Meat Boy has legit difficulty; you can theoretically beat it on reflexes only and are limited just by the human factor. This outright forces you to trial and error.

Why did people play NES games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr DJB
Nov 1, 2009

I will devour your soul while you sleep...

It's interesting/amusing to watch the deathtraps in action. I wouldn't play it, but I'd gladly watch.

• Locked thread