Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

:rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis

SKULL.GIF posted:

I think the only realistic way "out" is to switch currencies

in totally unrelated news, bitcoin is exploding in valuation after institutional money is pouring into a new tether derivative or whatever

what’s the tea on this? a friend of mine was telling me that tether was the reason Bitcoin was soaring but that tether was falsifying their assets or something

uncop
Oct 23, 2010
I love that the 2nd corona wave led to FED accelerating back to March rates of money printing, like lol it’s looking up uP UP for M1 money in the first half of 2021. Infinite money cheat code!

im on the net me boys
Feb 19, 2017

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjhhhhhhjhhhhhhhhhjjjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh cannabis
Embracing MMT but only for rich people, like a boss

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

got his rear end

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

jack ma had information that would lead to the arrest of xi jinping

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

jack ma had information that would lead to the arrest of xi jinping

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

all work and no play makes jack a missing billionaire

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

too much jacking ma will disappear you

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

look ma, no jack!

Sing Along
Feb 28, 2017

by Athanatos
more like Alibyebye

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Sing Along posted:

more like Alibyebye

:lol:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Sing Along posted:

more like Alibyebye

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Sing Along posted:

more like Alibyebye

listen here jack (ma)

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Just 4.8% of respondents believe a single Bitcoin is going to be worth $500,000 by 2030 — but the optimists are outnumbered by the 11.8% who think it will have crashed below $1,000. And overall, just 18.6% of investors are confident that Bitcoin's price will exceed $50,000.

Lmao

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

If money becomes worthless they’ll send the army to enforce it.

Fixing M1 money with M1 tanks

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

PawParole posted:

I will fix my money problems by joining the army to beat up my friends and neighbors.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Jacki Ma is fuckin gone. He's never coming back and the Chinese government is gonna be all "Jacki Who?" because the Chinese state fully understand the mortality of the rich.

I'mma be surprised if they get pressed.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

No one will actually press the Chinese government over the disappearance of an unpleasant, ugly capitalist ghoul forcing his subjects to slave for his profits.

gently caress Ma Yun and I hope he died painfully and lonely.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine being a billionaire and continuing to live in China lol.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

KirbyKhan posted:

Jacki Ma is fuckin gone. He's never coming back and the Chinese government is gonna be all "Jacki Who?" because the Chinese state fully understand the mortality of the rich.

This is why china's still going to be kicking along as a nation-state long after the us has collapsed into a failed state where most government activity just doesn't happen unless some random rich person is interested in it, with collapsing infrastructure and entire chunks of the country being defacto ungoverned

checks notes

i've just been reminded of the existence of flint michigan, the entire state of west virginia, the california wildfires and puerto rico and rescind the future tense

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

atelier morgan posted:

This is why china's still going to be kicking along as a nation-state long after the us has collapsed into a failed state where most government activity just doesn't happen unless some random rich person is interested in it, with collapsing infrastructure and entire chunks of the country being defacto ungoverned

checks notes

i've just been reminded of the existence of flint michigan, the entire state of west virginia, the california wildfires and puerto rico and rescind the future tense

Look if Flint wants to drink clean water it needs to bid for the next FAANG headquarters just like everyone else.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
The dollar's fall in value this year has made riding the the Steam gift train in Games a real pain since I need to buy keys and message them to Euro/UK goons.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgiC8YfytDw

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

KirbyKhan posted:

I'mma be surprised if they get pressed.
i will be pleasantly surprised if he was outright executed instead of his constant genuflecting in his own house arrest being paraded all over the news as an example to people who want to create an usury industry in china

Anime Schoolgirl has issued a correction as of 08:44 on Jan 4, 2021

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I know I make fun of bitcoin but I am legitimately feeling FOMO over losing out on money to this dumb poo poo

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I know I make fun of bitcoin but I am legitimately feeling FOMO over losing out on money to this dumb poo poo
my hd 5770 could have made me so many dollars 11 years later :mad:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

my hd 5770 could have made me so many dollars 11 years later :mad:

Oh I'm not even thinking that far ahead it's more like, a month ago I could have bought some and cashed out for 0 work

But then again all of it is gambling anyway

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Oh I'm not even thinking that far ahead it's more like, a month ago I could have bought some and cashed out for 0 work

tbf it's very lkikely it will implode spectacularly again

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

you also could only feasibly cash out 500 dollars of bitcoin a week unless you were buying research chemicals sold by the US intelligence community in bulk to resell them

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

you also could only feasibly cash out 500 dollars of bitcoin a week unless you were buying research chemicals sold by the US intelligence community in bulk to resell them
yes it's basically a money sink where money goes in, and bitcoin comes out but bitcoin can't be sunk back into money; only drugs, prostitutes, hitmen, after-market cerebral implants to upgrade your holodex, some shady island villas maybe.

then again goons have been wrong about everything so maybe it'll go to $10000000k unstopped

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

PAWG Girlfriend posted:

Time in the market > Timing the market, you absolutely clueless nocoiner noob.

That's why you don't sell all at once but in segments at pricepoints. Selling higher than you buy isn't timing the market. The market is already at the point it is at & the pricepoint you purchased is already locked in. It's just realizing the gains. The only real requirements for my strategy is patience, reserve cash & for bitcoin to continue to still exist so braindead people with liquidity remember it exist and cause a bubble to skyrockets every so often, which has been very consistent. ofc it might one day fail, but thats why you don't put all your filthy lucre back in.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
i know one person who made money on bitcoin

he got gifted one btc by a friend when the price was low. turned it into etherium (i think) and sold that for cash. it was about 20k, i think. then he flew overseas to the uk, spent it all over three months or so, and now he's back at home, jobless and living with his parents.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

PawParole posted:

the US has been supporting the value (a function of reserve usage globally) of the USD via the military for like 80 years

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

it's fundamentally tulips and beanie babies so caveat emptor

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

i bet this is one of those things where western media freaks out about some news from china, which ultimately turns out to be innocuous (and of course never remarked on by the media again)

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
jack ma is my state sugar daddy

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
he hasnt been responding to my calls lately tho

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

redleader posted:

i bet this is one of those things where western media freaks out about some news from china, which ultimately turns out to be innocuous (and of course never remarked on by the media again)

oh yeah goons don't read articles

anyway he'd been doing some reality show and didn't show up for the finale for that so it isn't like he's just not doing pressers or some poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

remember when goons were joking about fan bingbing being 'missing' when she was posting daily videos on her weibo because western media takes precedence over reality

edit: she did take a break for the limelight when the media notified her/the public/thegovernment she owed 130 million in back taxes

Antonymous has issued a correction as of 12:11 on Jan 4, 2021