Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

I would like to know (1) the pros and cons of turbos, as in, why should we? and (b) Why Sandwolf?

I had to google "drongo" I like it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Maerlyn posted:

quote="Sandwolf" post="520188417"]
I hate that I get this

I thought Voodoo was just bringing up some lawyer speak originally
[/quote]

Hostile, open, notorious, exclusive are thé four elements of adverse possession which someone had brought up.

But I feel that you all are horrible and the motion to turbo shall not pass. It should now be the sworn duty of the HOA to investigate with extreme diligence those who oppose a turbo.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Stupid broken quotes.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

There’s also usually a time limit for adverse possession to trigger

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

There’s also usually a time limit for adverse possession to trigger

Yeah. I brought it up in the original post with your prerequisite number of years.

Also at least in California you have to pay taxes on the property for the entire time period (15 years)?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

We all miss squatters rights

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

We can still try to get a prescriptive easement.

Show if hands here, how many of us drive our golf carts over maers side yard to get to the clubhouse? She knows it and has never stopped us but never gave us permission either. I’m pretty sure we now have the right to claim that side yard as our own legal shortcut.

Now just to memorialize this right of egress with a simple ##vote maer

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I’ll play squatter with you

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

hambeet posted:

I’ll play squatter with you

What’s a squatter with you?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

What’s a squatter with you?

:vince:

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Looks like it's time to invoke the sanity clause. Anybody have a copy? Mine is buried in my garage somewhere.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Sanity clause brings you pretty weird gifts tbh.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

Rhymes With Clue posted:

I would like to know (1) the pros and cons of turbos, as in, why should we? and (b) Why Sandwolf?

I had to google "drongo" I like it

Personally I have a policy against turbos, it has no bearing on my alignment. I had a bad experience in an old game that soured me on them so I abstain.

I can't really say that I think they are useful either but that's not my argument to make.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
DesiredPopulationMax = 19
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

All these hoa joke have my head on fire, we don’t have poo poo like that over here fortunately.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Personally I’ve yet to see a turbo be useful except by dumb luck. It’s a good way for scum to fake content though

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Voodoofly posted:

We can still try to get a prescriptive easement.

Show if hands here, how many of us drive our golf carts over maers side yard to get to the clubhouse? She knows it and has never stopped us but never gave us permission either. I’m pretty sure we now have the right to claim that side yard as our own legal shortcut.

Now just to memorialize this right of egress with a simple ##vote maer

I thought I saw that awful child of yours doing this the other day, I wasn't aware of it but thanks for admitting it in this public forum; I'll be sure to put a stop to it.

Also don't think I didn't notice that blue trampoline cover you have over there, maybe you didn't see in the guidelines that there's a $75 fee if your trampoline cover isn't green or black.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

ObamaAkbar. posted:

All these hoa joke have my head on fire, we don’t have poo poo like that over here fortunately.

I mean ours is pretty basic, they cover snow removal and aren't raging assholes but the examples I gave are (theoretically) some real examples of just how ludicrous some demands can be.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Personally I’ve yet to see a turbo be useful except by dumb luck. It’s a good way for scum to fake content though

Eh turbos can have a place. Like sometimes it can be informative to see if anyones appears a bit self conscious or too overly aware of taking the turbo vote to -3 or -2 by trying to steer it off elsewhere.

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

Maerlyn posted:

I mean ours is pretty basic, they cover snow removal and aren't raging assholes but the examples I gave are (theoretically) some real examples of just how ludicrous some demands can be.

It’s all these horror stories I hear about hoa’s taking people’s houses and poo poo. It’s wild to me that some of these organisations have so much power

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

hambeet posted:

Eh turbos can have a place. Like sometimes it can be informative to see if anyones appears a bit self conscious or too overly aware of taking the turbo vote to -3 or -2 by trying to steer it off elsewhere.

Except I don’t really think this is a scum tell. I’ve seen town lunched for not jumping on a turbo, it happened to me last game and it’s happened to mae too if I recall.

Like I said it’s easy for scum to just ride along and use reluctance from other players to fake case work.

I would agree it sometimes provides good content to analyse though

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

I have no idea how effective turbos are at finding scum.

But they are super effective at having fun.

Also I’m assuming we are in some fancy gated community where the HOA is super powerful and annoying. Hence us getting our golf cart easement over Maers side yard.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

ObamaAkbar. posted:

It’s all these horror stories I hear about hoa’s taking people’s houses and poo poo. It’s wild to me that some of these organisations have so much power

This happens because the only real power an HOA has is to fine you for violating the underlying agreement(s), and if you don’t pay they have the power to levy that fine as a special tax assessment lien on your property. And once anyone has a lien like that on your property (HOA, construction contractor, your mortgage, etc.) if you don’t pay they can go to court and, after a lot of procedure, eventually force a foreclosure sale to recoup the money owed.

So basically the only way they can take your house is if you breach the HOA agreement and don’t pay for a ridiculously long time, including through a court hearing with a huge window of time to allow you to pay, and also assuming your property is so underwater you can’t just get a HELOC or some other small loan against the property to pay it off.

But at the same time gently caress HOAs. Even the good intention ones often can be bullshit if the wrong people get in charge and usually only the wrong sort of people want to spend the time to have that sort of power. Condo associations and such are often better if they are big enough that you can just hire someone to be the manager as they usually at least just want to get paid with as little effort as possible and let things slide. Which can also be bad but better than a super strict active HOA

In conclusion HOAs are a land of ##vote maer

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
##vote Sandwolf

Sorry sonny. :gun: :pensive:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This isn't a turbo anymore by any stretch, it's well past the best before date. Turbos have to be fast and I say they should be done before the person makes a single post. Trying to pull one off a couple days into the game isn't good

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah turbo is over the HOA has failed. Now we are voting maer

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Maer is posting weird so she's town

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Retro Futurist posted:

Maer is posting weird so she's town

Maer claims to have morals so she isn’t in the HOA

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Retro Futurist posted:

This isn't a turbo anymore by any stretch, it's well past the best before date. Turbos have to be fast and I say they should be done before the person makes a single post. Trying to pull one off a couple days into the game isn't good

I'm coining the phrase 'turtle turbo' here and it's still on.

I believe in us!

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
So if HOA are town, what are the scum calling themselves? Any scum want to answer?

Personally I want to go with "Naughty Children" since all you dearies just need some love and hugs. Also cookies. Did I mention I made cookies?

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

...What kind of cookies?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I already made too many cookies

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Voodoofly posted:

Maer claims to have morals so she isn’t in the HOA

Maerlyn posted:

it has no bearing on my alignment

I know that's a rip on HOAs but point still stands.

Also how are turbos fun? I'm surprised Sand is nonplussed about it actually. Like OA said more often than not it's a bust for town.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

RF you can make up for that "posting weird" comment and send me some.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Desert rolls :drool:

ObamaAkbar.
Apr 7, 2009

DesiredPopulationMin = 3
AverageDeathsPerDay = 6
WeaponsUsed = 13

I ain’t gonna lie I won’t be engaging much the next couple days. I’m tempted to join the turbo just to end the day

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm going to preload a series of votes with mod 1 minutes until deadline voting everyone except my spouse 3 times to make execute happen, or to hammer anyone if someone gets to minus one because I will be distracted by family.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Getting some major Scum pings on this page

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

Votecount for Day 1

Sandwolf (5): Voodoofly, PlasticAutomaton, Bifauxnen, Deadmeat5150, Tobbs Gnawed, Voodoofly, Toalpaz
Maerlyn (2): hambeet, Voodoofly, Voodoofly, Voodoofly
Bifauxnen (2): Retro Futurist, Moatillata
hambeet (1): Rhymes With Clue, Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Voodoofly (0): Toalpaz, Toalpaz
Moatillata (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed

Not Voting (4): b-minus1, Maerlyn, ObamaAkbar., Sandwolf

With 14 alive, it's 8 votes to execute. The current deadline is December 26th, 2021 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

I know that's a rip on HOAs but point still stands.

Also how are turbos fun? I'm surprised Sand is nonplussed about it actually. Like OA said more often than not it's a bust for town.

More often than not day 1 is a busy for town whether it’s a turbo a well formed case or a last minute deadline swap.

Turbos are fun in the same way a game of chicken is fun. You get mon mentality and watch as people get excited to be part of something.

Plus sand was bitching about not having a quick day 1 so he was sort of asking for it.

But oh no the HOA can’t have fun so now we need to make an even dumber vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Bust not busy.