Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Wait. Citizencon is 9 days long? WTF are they going to do for 9 days? What, is it an hour a day? Real conventions for real things and even entire industries, like, say, gaming, don't last that long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Blazing Zero posted:

space court is happening and i want kimsemus set free right now!

He got a refund, the case was dropped.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Iron Tusk posted:

Remember that the person that you sell them to can just turn around and do a charge back.

At best it means your conscious will be stained with heaping misery on another human being. No need to take the charge back risk when you can also do the right thing for your soul and request a refund instead.

halokiller
Dec 28, 2008

Sisters Are Doin' It For Themselves

So which goons are still going to Jonestown Citizencon.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AP posted:

Citizen Con is all set to go, the staff have been whipped all year until there's something to show.

9 days, 9 full days that Chris Roberts has to stew over all this.

If the stream breaks or the demo crashes some poor fucker is going to get stabbed.

I genuinely feel sorry for Erin Roberts and the Foundry 42 crew. Having met him in person I get the feeling like he genuinely wants this to work and is doing his best in spite of his brother's inability to do a drat thing. He's like the anti-Chris.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I assume from the massive flood of posts this morning that something Amusing As Hell has happened?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

halokiller posted:

So which goons are still going to Jonestown Citizencon.

Where is it at?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Roflan posted:

Wait. Citizencon is 9 days long? WTF are they going to do for 9 days?

It's in 9 days time, 10th of October.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
also I'm calling it now, no backer is gonna commit suicide over this

if events in their life led them to become this invested in something this dumb, it's just going to be another disappointment in a long, long line of them

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

AP posted:

It's in 9 days time, 10th of October.

This bodes well for my refund request. They want to keep the illusion up until then at least.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Tarranon posted:

if events in their life led them to become this invested in something this dumb, it's just going to be another disappointment in a long, long line of them

Corg has a point

PseudoFaux
Oct 9, 2012
This is the bubble bursting. Sent my refund request this morning. I honestly hope I got in before the mass run on CIG takes place

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

I would be interested in seeing Erin Roberts and the Foundry 42 crew form a splinter studio and actually make real games.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Tarranon posted:

That's not really how suicide works.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

Oh, ok. I still think it's ridiculous to have a convention about one game that that is years from release and has no previous fanbase... I expect it'll have a lot in common with that infamous tumblr-con-- the one where they passed around the hat asking for donations to pay for the hotel convention hall.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

I assume from the massive flood of posts this morning that something Amusing As Hell has happened?
Dr Smart hid an Eversor assassin in the middle of the board, and its just tossed a melta bomb though CIG's office window.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Peroxide Cowboy posted:

I would be interested in seeing Erin Roberts and the Foundry 42 crew form a splinter studio and actually make real games.

I could see them making Squadron 42. Star Citizen itself is hosed though.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I genuinely feel sorry for Erin Roberts and the Foundry 42 crew. Having met him in person I get the feeling like he genuinely wants this to work and is doing his best in spite of his brother's inability to do a drat thing. He's like the anti-Chris.

Foundry 42 will probably keep going, I'm sure they charged CIG/RSI handsomely for their work, Erin I think has a majority stake but he might want to sack the other two directors.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Roflan posted:

Oh, ok. I still think it's ridiculous to have a convention about one game that that is years from release and has no previous fanbase... I expect it'll have a lot in common with that infamous tumblr-con-- the one where they asked for donations to pay for the hotel convention hall.

which will have the more disappointing ball pit?

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Where is that one guy who thought he was being accused of being a spy this morning? I would like to read his take on the events of this evening.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I expect him to take charge and run out SQ42 with what remains of the funds.
He's a capable developer (at least the most capable they now have there) and is the best chance for things to still get to the point of a release.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tarranon posted:

And no one has ever killed themselves after a long line of disappointments?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

The suicide aspect and any speculation/enthusiasm towards same is really creepy. It's a video game, y'all.

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I genuinely feel sorry for Erin Roberts and the Foundry 42 crew. Having met him in person I get the feeling like he genuinely wants this to work and is doing his best in spite of his brother's inability to do a drat thing. He's like the anti-Christ.

Fixed that for you.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
its so loving good that the insanity of gamergate is now clashing with the insanity of star citizen

this is the best of all possible universes

Dohaeris
Mar 24, 2012

Often known as SniperGuy
Think I'll leave my 65 bucks in there unless I can sell it to someone else for more. Best case scenario, they're all insane and the game turns out awesome anyway.

Worst case scenario, I'm out 65 bucks I spent like 4 years ago.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Roflan posted:

Oh, ok. I still think it's ridiculous to have a convention about one game that that is years from release and has no previous fanbase... I expect it'll have a lot in common with that infamous tumblr-con-- the one where they passed around the hat asking for donations to pay for the hotel convention hall.

I imagine that Erin Roberts wants to go back to making games after CIG.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sarsapariller posted:

It's a video game, y'all.

it's actually not lmao

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

No Mods No Masters posted:

Derek smart versus chris roberts is like a DBZ battle but instead of power level increasing its the word count of their line by line rebuttals of each other

The power levels keep rising for weeks on end.

"NEXT WEEK ON DBZ"

"IN MY NEXT BLOG..."

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Steve2911 posted:

And no one has ever killed themselves after a long line of disappointments?

the human mind is pretty good at dealing with them yeah

remind me again how many people killed themselves during all the Bitcoin crashes and hacks

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Peroxide Cowboy posted:

AP posted:

Foundry 42 will probably keep going, I'm sure they charged CIG/RSI handsomely for their work, Erin I think has a majority stake but he might want to sack the other two directors.

Jethro_E7 posted:

I expect him to take charge and run out SQ42 with what remains of the funds.
He's a capable developer (at least the most capable they now have there) and is the best chance for things to still get to the point of a release.

"maybe we won't get the whole thing, but we might still get S42!"

also see stage 3: bargaining.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Finger pointing has started, Wulf is also busy listing every member of CIG who isn't so white they hurt your eyes.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Where is Karl_Ramscheiss when we need him ?

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Sarsapariller posted:

The suicide aspect and any speculation/enthusiasm towards same is really creepy. It's a video game, y'all.

I'm fighting for life

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tarranon posted:

remind me again how many people killed themselves during all the Bitcoin crashes and hacks

I don't know. There are a lot of people. Some of them kill themselves.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sarsapariller posted:

It's not a video game. It's a cult.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Tarranon posted:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/bitcoin-ceo-researched-suicide-life-coroner-article-1.1941010

Misleading title but still.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
So Citizen "Con" eh?

:crossarms:

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

AP posted:

Finger pointing has started, Wulf is also busy listing every member of CIG who isn't so white they hurt your eyes.
As long as he's just pointing his finger...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Raskolnikov posted:

derek smart, Derek Smart, DEREK SMART!

I've got Chris Roberts proper response right here:

http://www.somethingawful.com/news/derek-smart-not/

edit: I am sure there is better SMART correspondence. At least things have come full circle.

http://www.somethingawful.com/game-reviews/completely-libelous-review/1/

Been a while since I read those haha

• Locked thread