Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Mount Flamethrowers instead and give those goddamn aliens the sweet taste of barbeque :black101:.

No. This is wrong. You need to be punching all the time. Yell "BOOSH!" every time a punch connects. Trust me, it's the only way.

Snipers with Low Profile + the gene mod that turns them invisible when under high cover is amazingly broken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Vadun posted:

Melee is playable (and fairly enjoyable) throughout the game other than one specific dungeon. There is a monster that takes away weapon durability when you hit it, and is also massively overleveled for the area. Either find a way to avoid combat entirely or cheese the encounter with some sort of ranged damage

GuavaMoment posted:

No. This is wrong. You need to be punching all the time. Yell "BOOSH!" every time a punch connects. Trust me, it's the only way.
The man is entirely correct.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Should I play Bioshock Infinite on hard or 1999 mode? I've heard some claim that it's bullshit and enemies are bullet sponges.

A shrubbery!
Jan 16, 2009
I LOOK DOWN ON MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS BECAUSE OF THEIR VIDEO GAME PURCHASING DECISIONS.

I'M THAT MUCH OF AN INSUFFERABLE SPERGLORD
I did it on Normal, then 1999. 1999 mode has a couple of serious bullshit sections that you will probably have to look up and cheese, but for the most part it's very challenging but do-able and rewarding. I don't know if it's true, but I read that in 1999 mode, you have a blanket 50% damage penalty on all weapons from the beginning.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

Hannibal Rex posted:

Should I play Bioshock Infinite on hard or 1999 mode? I've heard some claim that it's bullshit and enemies are bullet sponges.

I'm someone who usually plays FPS games on the hardest difficulties available and even I played BS:I on normal after I heard that the other difficulties pretty much only make the enemies more bullet-spongey. It's the worst kind of "difficulty" you can slap on a game. Normal was fine but anything above that is just a chore I imagine.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Hard is manageable if you're good with headshots, but otherwise yeah it's a bit of a slog more than anything. If you just want to chill and experiment with exploding dudes then hit normal.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

GuavaMoment posted:

This is right. I used 3 MECs on my last classic game, 2 with fists and one flamethrower. Flamethrower is great fun but the fists are better because they let your robots run further. A fist robot with the mobility upgrade can run further than probably anything else in the game.

Besides that watching the robot ragdoll enemies of all sizes around with a punch is really satisfying. Nothing beats punching a muton through a window and into a washing machine :)

3 robots might be overkill though to be honest. They made classic mode very easy.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Combat is the least interesting aspect of any Shock game but Infinite decided to make it a forerunner of the design. There's really no reason to play it on a harder difficulty unless you really enjoy the series' combat but be warned there are far more enemies on screen and action segments than ever before. There's even a long defend-the-obstacle battle at the end where dozens of enemies constantly respawn at your position and even the big-loving-weapon you get to help is only slightly useful.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

al-azad posted:

Combat is the least interesting aspect of any Shock game but Infinite decided to make it a forerunner of the design. There's really no reason to play it on a harder difficulty unless you really enjoy the series' combat but be warned there are far more enemies on screen and action segments than ever before. There's even a long defend-the-obstacle battle at the end where dozens of enemies constantly respawn at your position and even the big-loving-weapon you get to help is only slightly useful.

The fight at the end is really challenging if you dont know how to cheese it, and ridiculously easy if you do. I actually found it easier on 1999 mode than I had on normal because on normal I just did it legit, on 1999 I just coated the core in the vigor that absorbes bullets and used the bird entirely on airships, using vigors and melee to beat most of the ground troops.

I've played Bioshock Infinite twice, once on normal, once on 1999 mode (without using vending machines because I figured why not, it doesnt actually add much extra challenge as I rarely felt like I would have liked to use the vending machines. The places I felt I was really short of ammo didnt have vending machines in any case!). I'd recommend really playing on normal, its more conducive to enjoying the atmosphere and experiencing the story. If you enjoyed the combat, then you can maybe replay on 1999 mode at a later point. Plus it means that the bits of the combat that are difficult The first time you fight a fireman because you have no powers yet, Lady Cornstock, particularly in the bank vault are just "challenging" instead of "Absolute bullshit". Normal also gives you room to have more fun monkeying around with various power/weapon combos, while in 1999 mode there are certain weapons/powers that I didnt even equip once because I knew they werent as useful to me.

1999 mode is certainly do-able, I'm no great shakes at shooters and I managed it with only a couple of major stumbling points, but I dont think I'd recommend it as someones first or only playthrough of the game.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bioshock Infinite is also a very stylish game, and there's something extremely stylish about tearing through hordes of enemies with a shotgun and a revolver at a low difficulty, so don't discount that as a valid way for having fun with the game. Infinite has the most satisfying shotgun I've ever seen in an FPS, but I could see how it would be frustrating on enemies with lots of health.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Thanks for the replies. I'm not easily frustrated, so I'll go with 1999. Since I've got all the DLC upgrades included, I figure that should balance out the challenge.

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC
Anything I should know about Expeditions: Conquistador? I'm particularly looking for advice on the initial character creation but any tips in general would be appreciated.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
You'll want a good mix of follower classes for overland map interactions and camp options. You can recruit several extra soldiers in the course of the campaign and you really only need a couple of high level soldiers anyway to fulfill all your Guarding needs while resting. Hunters and Scouts are nice to have for resource harvesting, and one Scholar dedicated to Tinkering can handle the important upgrades. Definitely take more than one Doctor because they can't heal their own wounds if grievously injured (though your Leader character can count as a healer in a pinch as well).

As far as combat goes, the only classes worth fielding are Soldiers, Scouts, and Doctors. Hunters are terrible because their attacks rely on a to-hit percentage (as opposed to melee which always hits) and their damage is low when it does hit, and it's quite easy for enemies to lock them down due to the way combat movement works and the nature of encounters where you'll frequently be in tight quarters or facing swarms of rushing enemies. Scholars are crappy combatants plus their abilities are dubious buffs/debuffs that won't turn the tide of battle as much as simply killing dudes.

Soldiers, on the other hand, are solid baseline fighters, and Scouts synergize well with them for flanking attacks. Doctors who are Veteran rank can use a healing ability every round plus revive fallen allies if necessary. My combat group of 2 Doctors and a mix of Soldiers and Scouts was basically unstoppable. They were able to kill off at least two enemy units every turn and out heal any damage the enemy could inflict.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Does anyone have any tips for bravely default? Guess it isn't out yet in the US so probably not from the majority of the thread.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

thebardyspoon posted:

Does anyone have any tips for bravely default? Guess it isn't out yet in the US so probably not from the majority of the thread.
The demo's out in the US, so I can give my extremely limited advice from experience with that!

Generally, for random encounters, the game expects you to be braving the gently caress out of everyone and just overwhelming them; you get bonuses to EXP, money, and JP for killing all the enemies in one turn, with the same attack, and without getting hurt, respectively. Black magic seems pretty good for that, though obviously I haven't played the full game.

As far as I can tell, the game also expects you to learn the Brave/Default system and use it, because enemies will use it against you, and they hit hard and take a lot of punishment. If someone's healing a lot, for example, Default to save up a bunch of turns and then slam them with four turns from each party member. Also, the game really encourages finding synergy between classes and support abilities from other classes, like the Red Mage ability to gain BP when dodging with the Ninja suite of dodge abilities and buffs.

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 4, 2014

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Monopthalmus posted:

Anything I should know about Expeditions: Conquistador? I'm particularly looking for advice on the initial character creation but any tips in general would be appreciated.

I have no advice, but I do have a question of my own: Is there any practical use for valuables other than for trading? The in-game description implies that they count for something at the end of the game, but I've completed Hispaniola and have yet to even have a guess at what that is. I feel like I should just be trading it all for tools at every opportunity (assuming I'm already covered for rations/medicine (which I am)). Without getting into spoilers, is there something that will happen at the end of the game to make me sorry if I do that, or am I free to buy all the tools I can afford?

SaxMaverick
Jun 9, 2005

The stuff of nightmares

alcharagia posted:

If you want the ultimate weapon you're gonna need to find 10 collectibles that you should absolutely look up where they are because if you don't you will not find them.

Thanks, noted. Anything else? Which characters to focus on, optimum setups, etc?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

SaxMaverick posted:

Thanks, noted. Anything else? Which characters to focus on, optimum setups, etc?

The game has a sort of FF4-style party where you've always got the two main characters, Estelle and Joshua, and the six other party members rotate in and out at set points of the plot, so focusing on a given character isn't that necessary.

That said, Olivier is both the game's best character and the coolest dude ever so you should give him all your best stuff.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

SaxMaverick posted:

- Nearly everything you need to know is in the Bracer Notebook: What every spell in the game does and what quartz combinations unlock them, what effect each individual quartz has, the various rewards for each Bracer Guild rank you achieve, etc.

- Pretty much every sidequest is found on the billboard in the Guild, but there's around three hidden sidequests scattered throughout the game. If you want to get max Bracer Points, you'll want to use a guide. Note that all that max BP does is give you a bonus in the sequel if you transfer your data, you get the best reward for collecting BP much earlier. So if you're not much of a completionist, don't bother. Also sidequests can expire pretty quickly, so if you want to do one, do it when it opens.

- Time magic/quartz are really good, and so I'd default to throwing them on a character with room. Hell's Gate and White Gehanna do lots of damage, and have a good chance of causing faint, incapacitating an enemy for a while. The quartz also have useful effects (Cast time Up, Speed Up, stuff like that.)

- If you really want to cheese things, get as many people as you can to have Earth Wall. Everyone it's used on will take no damage from the next attack that hits them, meaning you can basically turtle your way through everything. Combine this with quartz to increase the effective radius of spells, and to reduce EP usage to break things even further.

- In Chapters 1 and 2, make sure you visit the Amberl Tower and the Sappherl Tower respectively. They seem like places the plot would bring you to eventually, but they're actually just bonus areas with treasure to pilfer. (And in the former case, the location of one of the hidden sidequests I was talking about.)

- When you lose a fight, you'll be given the option to retry. If you do this, the enemy will become slightly weaker the next time you fight it. There's an option buried in the menu to change this if this doesn't appeal to you. (If you don't retry, you'll need to reload a save.)

- You'll notice that party members tend to come and go fairly often. Don't worry about them stealing your stuff - they'll leave everything, including stuff they brought (which you can freely sell for profit.)

- Every once a while, go the general store and buy the new issue of the Liberl News. They're normally fairly interesting.

- Don't fight too many generic encounters. Between the chests guarded by monsters, as well as scripted encounters and bounties for the guild, they're not really that necessary for staying leveled. This is more applicable if you're doing the majority of the sidequests, however. You might need the extra EXP if you're doing a more bare-bones run.

- It's not actually that long. If you know what you're doing, you can do a completionist playthrough in 40 hours without too much trouble.

I'll edit this if anything else occurs to me.

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jan 4, 2014

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Brief bit about The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Even though you can mostly visit the dark world dungeons in any order you'll do yourself a huge favor if you go to thief's dungeon first and the desert one second. The thief dungeon gives you the last item you need to enter the desert dungeon which gives you an item that unlocks the last 25% of the world map. Other than that you can basically explore the entirety of Hyrule after getting the first pendant, the armband, and the flippers.

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'

thebardyspoon posted:

Do all the sidequests, you almost always unlock new classes that way. Some are only active at night though so if you can't find a blue marker its probably due to that.

When you get to the fourth kingdom and the fire crystal, the bosses really up their blitzkrieg game and will start using some nasty moves so make sure you take advantage of buffs and enemy weaknesses and all that jazz. The fire crystal boss especially requires a slow and methodical approach he will start the battle with an almost impenetrable barrier and when it drops the next round will use a powerful lightning aoe attack for around 2000 odd damage so make sure all your guys default the round he drops his shield otherwise you may be wiped out in one go

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Polite Tim posted:

Do all the sidequests, you almost always unlock new classes that way. Some are only active at night though so if you can't find a blue marker its probably due to that.

This is the sort of thing I wanted to know, are any of them missable or obscure? Thanks Panic! at Nabisco as well.

Polite Tim
Sep 3, 2007
'insert witty Family Guy/ Futurama/ Simpsons/ Little fucking Britian etc quote here'

thebardyspoon posted:

This is the sort of thing I wanted to know, are any of them missable or obscure? Thanks Panic! at Nabisco as well.

One of the florem quests involving the man in red is a bit obscure, and I have a feeling that may be missable and lock you out of early access to the red mage class. (The red mage seems actually quite useful in this game instead of being just a mediocre magic class)

Everything is listed with a blue marker though, with the exception of the ghost ship. Look for a patch of grey fog in the sea for that one, it moves around a bit but sticks near the fire kingdom

Rahzmataz
Apr 29, 2013
Anyone got any beginner tips for Fallout: New Vegas? Thinking about kicking it off for the first time. Also any vital mods?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Seejay posted:

Anyone got any beginner tips for Fallout: New Vegas? Thinking about kicking it off for the first time. Also any vital mods?

Josh Sawyer made a mod for the Ultimate Version that basically balances the game and does a little design cleanup. It could be considered an official/unofficial patch of sorts. There is also a stutter remover that I'd consider if the hitching in the Gamebryo engine bothers you.

Aside from that, there is a giant thread on modding on these forums, although I recommend just playing through the game and enjoying some great writing.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Seejay posted:

When you get to Primm (your first stop outside the starting town on a normal playthrough) you'll find a good use for three pieces of scrap metal, two sensor modules, and one scrap electronics. It will allow you to easily recruit your first companion, and it will be a while before you get a chance to recruit another. So keep an eye on any lying around (if need be, use the courier storage containers in Goodsprings and Primm, and come back when you have the full set)

If you get Lonesome Road (which comes by default with the Ultimate edition - otherwise, I wouldn't bother) you can turn around and come back to the main game at any point (unlike the other DLC's). The very first area (right outside Primm) features next to no combat encounters, and you can snag some really nice gear.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Monopthalmus posted:

Seconding this request. I just got the game and the character creation is sort of daunting. I'm sort of reminded of my initial experience with Fallout for a second where all the skills/attributes seem like they can be useful, but in reality are only useful in such niche ways that they're not worth investing in.

Also, this is sort of a longshot since the game is kind of obscure, but anything for Winter Voices? If there is a way to increase movement speed on the map, I would be GREATLY indebted to you.

Rahzmataz
Apr 29, 2013
Cheers for all the New Vegas advice folks. Unfortunately I only have the base edition of the game, so that fixpack is out, it seems. Unless there's one available for the base game?

Edit: Second question has been answered by the Wiki.

Rahzmataz fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jan 4, 2014

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Seejay posted:

Are there any skills that are best avoided, or anything I should try to push early? I should add, i'm terrible at games.
The Wiki explains this well enough. Pick one combat skill and stick to it for a while - Small Guns is a solid if unadventurous choice. Repair is always useful - when you get 90 point in that skill you get access to a perk that allows you to fix anything with anything similar (so Power armor gets fixed with generic rusty metal armor).

Edit - Hah. Guess some stuff sticks with you even long after you last played the game.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jan 4, 2014

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Intelligence 8-9 is vital for those extra skill points. Charisma is pretty much a dump stat since the actual Speech checks and so on check just Speech and you can't have more than a single buddy and a pet as travel companions anyway.

Guns and Energy Weapons are on a surprisingly level start. Gunpowder is obviously more abundant, but it won't be long until you start tripping on laser weapons either. Try to have at least something killy-type as a tagged skill. Even melee skills and Explosives can be made work, and those are surprisingly fun.

Survival kinda pales in comparison to the medicine you find... until you reach certain skill stages where food, liquor and wildman poultices suddenly multiply their stat effects. +1 STR and -1 CHR from whiskey suddenly becomes +2 & -2 at 50 Survival, for instance. With peak 100 skill, the quadrupled effects mean that a single bottle of beer and a bighorner steak turn you from a STR 2 towel boy into a STR 10 berserker for quite some time. And at that point the health increases from food vastly outpace actual civilized-people medicines. Don't knock Survival.

Luck has a big, big hand in your casino gambling. LUK 7 gives you enough of an edge to beat the house at blackjack with some regularity.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

Seejay posted:

Cheers for all the New Vegas advice folks. Unfortunately I only have the base edition of the game, so that fixpack is out, it seems. Are there any skills that are best avoided, or anything I should try to push early? I should add, i'm terrible at games.

You should seriously look into getting all of the DLC for NV. I don't know what platform you're on but the game has been out for a while so a complete edition or even individual DLCs should be pretty cheap by now. They add a lot of mileage to the game.

As for skills:
For combat skills, don't try to become a jack of all trades. Settle for one primary combat skill (Guns is probably the one that uses the most abundant amount of ... well, guns) and possibly a second one you put a couple of points into, like Unarmed or Melee Weapons. You'll get plenty of skill points to dump into the other weapon skills so you can use them well eventually, but for the early game, stick with one primary skill and spend most of your points in that.

Repair is a pretty useful skill that also gets lots of very good perks once it's leveled high enough, certainly a skill worth putting lots of points into.

Speech is useful because it has a lot of dialogue checks associated with it.

Lockpick and Science gets you through doors / into containers (lots of rooms are locked via computers that you'll need to hack and you'll need a certain Science skill to be able to do that) although Lockpick will generally apply to more locked containers / doors throughout the game than Science, but Science has a bunch of other benefits in a couple of quests. Ideally you'll have both leveled up high, but initially you might want to focus on one over the other.

Beyond that, all other skills have some nice, if sometimes niche, applications here and there and none of them are utterly bad per se, except possibly Medicine, which is arguably the least useful skill in the game.

Also, when building your character, don't make any stat higher than level 9, or indeed, even level 8. There are a couple of instances throughout the game where you can add at least one point into any of your physical stats, but not beyond 10, so maxing out any stat to 10 from the start is kind of a waste.
The single most important stat is Intelligence which you should probably level to 8 initially.
The least useful is arguably Charisma which you can feel free to keep fairly low (like 4 or even below that).

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

scamtank posted:

Intelligence 8-9 is vital for those extra skill points. Charisma is pretty much a dump stat since the actual Speech checks and so on check just Speech and you can't have more than a single buddy and a pet as travel companions anyway.

If you want to emphasize non-killy skills, Charisma can actually be really strong. Each point of Cha gives your companion and pet a +5% boost to damage done and -5% to damage taken, so at 10 Cha, they become pretty badass tanks/killing machines in their own right. It's still probably the least valuable SPECIAL stat, (well, maybe Perception if it weren't for the great perks it acts as a prereq for) but it's also not an automatic dump to 1 for all builds.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Seejay posted:

Cheers for all the New Vegas advice folks. Unfortunately I only have the base edition of the game, so that fixpack is out, it seems. Are there any skills that are best avoided, or anything I should try to push early? I should add, i'm terrible at games.

Advice off the top of my head;

Most combat skills are viable, as long as you dont spread yourself too thin and try to be a jack of all trades. Energy weapons can be a little rough for the first few hours but they are more common than they were in Fallout 3. Stick to maybe 2 combat skills. Barter isnt massively useful, mainly just means you have more cash. You can get by cheerfully enough without survival too, although if you have some spare skill points you can use survival to make various foods and drugs. You'll want at least one of Lockpicking or Science (Science is probably more useful as it opens certain locked doors by hacking and is useful in some speech checks), but note that it becomes more useful at increments of 25. There isnt much difference between science 10 and science 20, while there is a difference between science 24 and science 25. Stealth lets you destroy motherfuckers with your first hit from concealment, I generally found it useful. None of the starting Traits (Built to Destroy, Four Eyes) are particularly worth taking, Wild Wasteland is okay and replaces a decent unique weapon with a better one if I remember right.

If you are having problems in combat you have 2 options; 1) reduce the difficulty through the pause menu or 2) Bring up the pip boy (which pauses the combat), get all hosed up on drugs and murder everything. Getting rid of an addiction is cheap as hell. Remember and use VATS in combat, and that you can bring up the inventory at any time to heal.

Your pip boy has a built in flashlight. If you are using it it reduces your chances of sneaking. Your pip boy radio doesnt, presumably you have earphones in.

Dont bother with the Swift Learner perk. +10% experience sounds good, but there is more than enough experience in the game for you to hit the level cap, so its a waste of a perk.

From the starting town you cant go north until you are much higher level unless you want to abuse the world geometry to get past the high level enemies alive. Dont even try. People will warn you that the road is blocked by deathclaws. Listen to those people.

Containers in the game are mainly not "Secure", which means if you dump a bunch of sunset sasparilla or whatever in a random ammo box in the desert and come back a few hours later, it may or may not be there when you come back. All the containers in player housing is secure, so whatever you put in it stays there. The first attainable payer housing (through either a sidequest or just buying it) is in Novac. Follow the main questline south then east, you cant miss it. Once you have that you can packrat as much as you want and dump anything you dont want to carry but dont want to sell either in there.

In the starting town there is a blue box labelled "Mojave Express Drop Box". It shows as "Empty", but open it anyway. In primm to the south, in the Nash residence, there is an identical box. Open that too. Now you have 2 activated you can ship between them, so anything you cant carry but dont want to sell just now you can dump in one box and have it shipped to the other. These are secure so your poo poo wont got missing.

The DLC is all decent to good. I personally hated Dead Money, but lots of people liked it. If you are going to get them, play them in release order (though this isnt manditory, it reveals the story in the way it was intended)

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
You don't actually need 8+ INT in New Vegas unless you're min/maxing, INT 6 or so is perfectly acceptable. Even with the reduced amount from Fallout 3, the game throws enough skill points at you to get everything you want to 100 before Level 20. After that you're pretty much just arbitrarily dumping points into Survival or Explosives anyway. 8+ LCK is much more beneficial if you want gambling to not be a nightmare as well as get more of those sweet, sweet crits, and high AGL, PER and END can unlock some pretty great perks down the road that are useful for most any build you make (Better Criticals, Light Step, Light Touch, Implant GRX, etc).

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

SiKboy posted:

The DLC is all decent to good. I personally hated Dead Money, but lots of people liked it. If you are going to get them, play them in release order (though this isnt manditory, it reveals the story in the way it was intended)
Every DLC except Lonesome Road is good in some way, but make ABSOLUTELY bloody sure to take Light Step before you play Dead Money.

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

Xander77 posted:

Every DLC except Lonesome Road is good in some way, but make ABSOLUTELY bloody sure to take Light Step before you play Dead Money.

Every DLC has their merit and saying Lonesome Road isn't good is just your personal preference talking. People will enjoy some more than others and that's okay.

If anything, Lonesome Road is the one that has the most "Fallout"-feel to it I think, in terms of environments and atmosphere.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

What should I know about Bioshock Infinite's god-damned moral choice bullshit? They decided to make the consequences of your actions far less transparent in this one and I'm caught wondering if it's gonna be one of those deals where unless I go fully goody-two-shoes or fully drowning-orphaned-kittens-for-fun then I'm locked out of an ending/some end-game content.

For real though, I wanna know if stealing that prototype heater shotgun is gonna come back to bite me in the rear end or not :v:

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
None of them impact much of anything at all.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Mr. Maltose posted:

None of them impact much of anything at all.

So reloading my last save after Elizabeth ran away from me for pulling a gun on the ferry ticket guy, just so he can stab me in the hand instead, may have been a bit premature?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.

Ezzer posted:

So reloading my last save after Elizabeth ran away from me for pulling a gun on the ferry ticket guy, just so he can stab me in the hand instead, may have been a bit premature?

Pretty much, yes.