Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Defenestrategy posted:

I vaguely remember them during the start of the primary around the time of Nevada. It might have been in reference to something az stated above.

Edit: it wasnt wide spread, I think it was just me and a couple of other posters doing the standard.

I think there was a bunch of "Welp" style posts but I remember it to so unless it's a case of mass delusion there's some substance to it. I don't think it was hate so much as disappointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Did we do a search for Milkshake Ducksworth yet?

idempodunk
May 12, 2001
Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/1261714484479041537?s=20

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

So there’s still a chance that someone strips during their convention speech this time around? Because last time was a doozy

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Just sad she won't stand up for veterans

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Nick Soapdish posted:

I hadn't thought about Dostum since leaving there in 2017 but gently caress that guy and the horse he rode in on from the north

https://twitter.com/NYTimesAtWar/status/1261662448261701633?s=20

Dostum has always been, and will always be, a war criminal, a rapist, and a piece of poo poo. We should've put two in the head and seven in the chest after he helped us in 2001.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

NHC update: tropical storm force winds predicted for parts of NC Outer Banks next week.

https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/212653.shtml?cone#contents

The Outer Banks were just reopened to tourists today. Who wants to see what a potential evacuation looks like during a time of plague? Hurricane season hasn’t even loving officially started yet, and the Atlantic is trying to put one on the board.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

RFC2324 posted:

or the fact that she is actually a reanimated corpse

She does have a Tales from the Crypt vibe. Cryptkeeper Pelosi.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

She does have a Tales from the Crypt vibe. Cryptkeeper Pelosi.

In a country where Kellyanne Conway is a prominent political figure, I just can't apply that label to Pelosi.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Conway wasn't elected for anything though.

Cryptkeeper Pelosi goes in line with my, "we elect our monsters and put them on center stage" theory though.

Also the Cryptkeeper had a sense of humor, something I never see in GOP monsters.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Stultus Maximus posted:

In a country where Kellyanne Conway is a prominent political figure

Wait is she still around? I haven't heard anything about her in forever and I figured she'd been purged by this point.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.
Has anyone seen if the DNC ever agreed to leadership term limits? It looks like it was back burnered last year and never picked up again.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

Wait is she still around? I haven't heard anything about her in forever and I figured she'd been purged by this point.

She’s still around. Regular news stations have finally banned her so she only is seen on Fox and the like now.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Nystral posted:

Has anyone seen if the DNC ever agreed to leadership term limits? It looks like it was back burnered last year and never picked up again.

None of them will voluntarily relinquish power.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

BigDave posted:

Semi-related question, did Pelosi have a stroke at some point? She has some really bad facial paralysis going on.

Her ideology is also been paralyzed for some time.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

That Works posted:

Her ideology is also been paralyzed for some time.

I'd say all the speakers in the past two decades have been pretty - centerish and haven't pushed the left or right envelopes.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

LingcodKilla posted:

Or Qucks

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

If you follow Duckworth on Facebook, do yourself a favor and never read the comments. Nothing but angry CHUDs blaming her and Obama for everything.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I'd like to ask our contestants once again to please refrain from using ethnic slurs.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

TCD posted:

I'd say all the speakers in the past two decades have been pretty - centerish and haven't pushed the left or right envelopes.

Paul Ryan hasn't even been gone for 2 years

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I repeatedly checked to verify this wasn't from a parody account with one or two letters changed to fool people. I wanted so hard for it to be from one just from the aspect that I'd feel some twisted comfort that it didn't actually come from Hair Fuhrer.

It's not. This is a real thing on the President's Twitter:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1261747580666552320

C'mon heat death of the universe.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Mods?!

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

CBJSprague24 posted:

I repeatedly checked to verify this wasn't from a parody account with one or two letters changed to fool people. I wanted so hard for it to be from one just from the aspect that I'd feel some twisted comfort that it didn't actually come from Hair Fuhrer.

It's not. This is a real thing on the President's Twitter:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1261747580666552320

C'mon heat death of the universe.

What the gently caress

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

That California antibody study (that suggested that way more people already had the virus / suggesting the mortality rate is much lower etc) has even more poo poo dumped on it.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/stephaniemlee/stanford-coronavirus-neeleman-ioannidis-whistleblower

quote:

A highly influential coronavirus antibody study was funded in part by David Neeleman, the JetBlue Airways founder and a vocal proponent of the idea that the pandemic isn’t deadly enough to justify continued lockdowns.

That’s according to a complaint from an anonymous whistleblower, filed with Stanford University last week and obtained by BuzzFeed News, about the study conducted by the famous scientist John Ioannidis and others. The complaint cites dozens of emails, including exchanges with the airline executive while the study was being conducted.

The study — released as a non-peer-reviewed paper, or preprint, on April 17 — made headlines around the world with a dramatic finding: Based on antibodies in thousands of Silicon Valley residents’ blood samples, the number of coronavirus infections was up to 85 times higher than believed. This true infection count was so high that it would drive down the virus’s local fatality rate to 0.12%–0.2% — far closer to the known death rate for the flu.

Almost immediately, the study became a flashpoint in the increasingly politicized debate over whether and how to reopen the economy. Although many scientists assailed its methods, leading the authors to post a revision nearly two weeks later, it was trumpeted by conservative media to support a growing theory: that fears of the coronavirus are overblown.

“Most of the population has minimal risk, in the range of dying while you’re driving from home to work and back,” Ioannidis said on the Fox News show Life, Liberty & Levin, a few days after the study’s release.

But Ioannidis and his coauthors did not disclose that the study was funded in part by Neeleman. “Concern that the authors were affected by a severe conflict of interest is unavoidable,” states the complaint, which was submitted to Stanford’s research compliance office by an anonymous whistleblower involved with the research.

https://twitter.com/mbeisen/status/1261556661975527431

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
So the 'regular flu' also gives blood clots that cause massive strokes in young healthy adults too?

edit : oh cool. dudes on the roosevelt caught covid a second time.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/16/politics/uss-theodore-roosevelt-sailors-coronavirus/index.html

quote:

Eight additional sailors aboard the coronavirus-stricken carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt have now tested positive for the virus according to a defense official.
These eight sailors had previously tested positive and were removed from the ship in order to self-quarantine. They had all tested negative twice before being allowed back on board before this latest incident of testing positive again for the virus.
This latest development is in addition to five other sailors aboard the ship that CNN reported earlier this week who had also again tested positive after being thought to be clear of the virus.
The carrier is heavily screening crew members for reports of symptoms. Some of the now 13 sailors who have retested positive in fact had reportedd symptoms to the medical crew, the official said.

Politico was the first to report on the eight additional sailors.
The official said it is not clear if sailors have somehow been re-infected or if very low levels of the virus have remained in their bodies and testing had not caught it.

More than 1,000 of the aircraft carrier's nearly 4,900-member crew had tested positive for coronavirus following an outbreak aboard the ship.
After evacuating some 4,000 sailors from the ship to Guam, the Navy had been retuning sailors to the ship following a period of quarantine and isolation in the hopes of getting the aircraft carrier to sea as soon as possible.

ded fucked around with this message at 01:39 on May 17, 2020

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I read a story where a nurse was testing positive something like 40 days after getting over it, and another where people tested positive after several negative tests. I think our tests are just not good enough.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fallom posted:

I think our tests are just not good enough.

It's this.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Yup

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I was TOLD these tests were the best that america could make. Are you some sort of terrorists SYMPATHIZER

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

McNally posted:

I'd like to ask our contestants once again to please refrain from using ethnic slurs.

What the gently caress are you talking about

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Deathy McDeath posted:

I think “Quck” being an ugly mashup of the forbidden c-word and Quc, a common Vietnamese last name.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Maybe he's mad we're calling Pelosi a ghoul or crypt keeper?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Bored As gently caress posted:

HEY AT LEAST WE'RE NOT USING GENDERED INSULTS, RIGHT?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

pantslesswithwolves posted:

I think “Quck” being an ugly mashup of the forbidden c-word and Quc, a common Vietnamese last name.

McNally bad mod

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Deathy McDeath posted:

Random SNL reference, carry on.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

HEY AT LEAST WE'RE NOT USING GENDERED INSULTS, RIGHT?

I'm sorry you feel so strongly about being a misogynist in public.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Cryptkeeper has nothing to do with ethnicity though. Calling Pelosi a cryptkeeper is probably derogatory to actual cryptkeepers.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Fallom posted:

I read a story where a nurse was testing positive something like 40 days after getting over it, and another where people tested positive after several negative tests. I think our tests are just not good enough.

Here's a longread on an early California case.

The Carrier case appears to be a really weird one, because up to this point, the "gold standard" was two straight negative tests and you were good. The above case was a symptom-based thing, which I believe is the same thing Chris Cuomo was told - you're good if you can make it 72 hours, non-medicated, without a fever. They're getting away from the symptom-based strategy because we've finally ramped up testing, but we're still nowhere close to what we need yet.

I still haven't seen any evidence of the double-infection thing, all the studies and research so far have chalked that up to false positives, or popping a positive when the virus still had traces around. Apparently one of the Joint Chiefs popped positive on one test out of nowhere (the rapid tests that are questioned now), then went negative the next two days.

I'm really, really curious about the percentage of asymptomatic transmission/carriers versus simple false positives or uncured cases.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

And if you're like me and didn't get that, you just think it's just a mis-spelling of "quack", the noise a duck makes, so it's like the ultimate dogwhistle (duckwhistle?).

Are the deceased a protected class for the purposes of discrimination laws?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Forbidden c-word? You mean cowboy?