Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Blaziken386 posted:

the beauty of this stupid game of chicken is that the vast majority* of people HODLing the line literally will not be hurt in the slightest, because they just dumped in at most a couple hundred for a laugh

whereas the billionaires have to stop playing chicken at some point, because they stand to lose their loving asses

*my heart does go out to anyone stupid enough to dump most or all of their savings in, but hopefully they are in the minority and know when to bail

Playing chicken except if you hold on long enough that you bring the system down with you the taxpayers pick up the bill and everyone gets fat bonuses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

Maximo Roboto posted:

lmao Chamath is gonna ride "the technocratic populist VC who freaks out CNBC anchors" shtick into the governor's mansion

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1354927288245231618

lol playin the twitch

1m viewers?

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I'm hoping tomorrow we get a new loss.png

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I know it's CNBC, eh, but the CEO of Robinhood is going to be interviewed in a little while.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

https://i.imgur.com/8PrHxEI.mp4

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
Whatever this was before a lot of the trading in NOK and GME is being done by people buying and selling small numbers of shares. It is pretty crazy watching people buying like 1 share driving the prices up.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

no one would ever do something illogical! I scream, stock brokerishly, as a bunch of random poo poo happens constantly that I claim to know about

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Maximo Roboto posted:

lmao Chamath is gonna ride "the technocratic populist VC who freaks out CNBC anchors" shtick into the governor's mansion

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1354927288245231618

cmon AOC, this is the perfect time to have on Dr Dick Wolff

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

it is kinda nice that this entire nonsense may have saved tens of thousands of amc jobs from the clutches of bezos (which was amcs endgame around covid but hey maybe they are feeling frisky)

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae
GME @ 315

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
GME is up 63% after hours

AMC is up 48% after hours

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

GME after hours is almost back to where it was before all this dumb manipulation happened today.

Tomorrow is going to be tasty.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

DukeDuke posted:

the meme stocks are going back up in afterhours, nature is healing
I know that Wall Street is fake and imaginary, but I still do not understand what afterhours trading is, other than that it's somehow more imaginary? Can anyone explain. :confused:

Salt Fish posted:

Playing chicken except if you hold on long enough that you bring the system down with you the taxpayers pick up the bill and everyone gets fat bonuses.
well in that scenario, at the very least us here at C-Spam will be guaranteed the Holy Grail of Content

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol we all know it was some saudi prince or cia/mossad

please let this lead to a new era FBI office raid that publishes the 21st century COINTEL leaks

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Torpor posted:

letting the price fall so Melvin & The Shorts could cover, so the big boys don’t have to pick up the tab kinda sounds manipulative...

oh it's 1000% manipulation, but it also points to another stress point on this fragile system.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Doge up 180% from yesterday and now at $.03

lol

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Blaziken386 posted:

I know that Wall Street is fake and imaginary, but I still do not understand what afterhours trading is, other than that it's somehow more imaginary? Can anyone explain. :confused:

well in that scenario, at the very least us here at C-Spam will be guaranteed the Holy Grail of Content

different places on earth are awake at different times. sometimes those people also want to buy american stonks

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Grapplejack posted:

no one would ever do something illogical! I scream, stock brokerishly, as a bunch of random poo poo happens constantly that I claim to know about

*slaps you with a thames eel*

THESE TENDIES ARE MINE NOW BITCH

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Atrocious Joe posted:

I’d have gone for Michael Hudson myself, he probably has a whole thesis laid out already.

a_pineapple
Dec 23, 2005

C-SPAN Caller posted:

GME after hours is almost back to where it was before all this dumb manipulation happened today.

Tomorrow is going to be tasty.

My tummy rumbles for the blood of the rich.

a_pineapple has issued a correction as of 20:43 on Feb 3, 2021

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

you can pry my memestocks from my cold untazed balls

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

Chinatown posted:

lol

Yea and I'm locked out of my coinbase account damnit

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

up up up to the loving moon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGCSD6AHv5U

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Blaziken386 posted:

normally trading happens at an exchange where there's a bunch of people to trade with but then they close for the night but you can still go in the alley behind the exchange where there's always a couple of people that stay there all night and you can trade with those guys

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

different places on earth are awake at different times. sometimes those people also want to buy american stonks
wait, is that it??

why not just call it loving International Trading Hours or what the gently caress ever

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Wait so if finance put their foot on Robinhood's neck to tank the Gamestop stock for a short while so short selling hedge funds could take as small of a hit as possible on the way out, isn't the GME stock being back up now just a big pointless bubble?

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010
I hope our Euro Commrades don't have brokers as openly corrupt as american ones and can. Hold the line for GME.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
I LOVE AMC

I LOVE BB

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 41 minutes!

Atrocious Joe posted:

That's not who she is anymore, if she ever was.

Greataval
Mar 26, 2010

Chillgamesh posted:

Wait so if finance put their foot on Robinhood's neck to tank the Gamestop stock for a short while so short selling hedge funds could take as small of a hit as possible on the way out, isn't the GME stock being back up now just a big pointless bubble?

Of course it's bubble it's always a bubble like that's the stonk market.

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Chairman Sanders

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

They need to let the west coast trade until 5 pm local time IMO, this is BULLSHIT

Viginti Septem
Jan 9, 2021

Oculus Noctuae

Chinatown posted:

lol

I love DOGE

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Greataval posted:

Of course it's bubble it's always a bubble like that's the stonk market.

Pointless in the sense that it's just a bunch of dudes holding stock that's going to tank in value, not the good kind of pointless where they're holding a bunch of oily Wall Street fuckers hostage

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
https://twitter.com/NoMansSky/status/1354932503098908672

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda

Chillgamesh posted:

always was

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Chillgamesh posted:

back in reality gamestop is a dying company, anything over a few dollars was a bubble

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Chillgamesh posted:

Pointless in the sense that it's just a bunch of dudes holding stock that's going to tank in value, not the good kind of pointless where they're holding a bunch of oily Wall Street fuckers hostage

Gamestop stock is essentially bitcoin now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

...but you can still go in the alley behind the exchange where there's always a couple of people that stay there all night and you can trade with those guys
You mean cumshitter's guys? Those guys?