Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

repiv posted:

Looks like they're breaking with convention, Worlds Edge is due for an overhaul but they're teasing an Olympus overhaul instead for Season 9

https://twitter.com/PlayApex/status/1382378457808699396

https://twitter.com/shrugtal/status/1382380138046889990

They can't really touch world's end until they get another map up to par for competitive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Honestly kinda disappointed we arent getting world's edge back, its by far my favorite map and I miss it. Olympus is a poor replacement and unless the changes are drastic Im dreading it sticking around any longer.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

repiv posted:

Looks like they're breaking with convention, Worlds Edge is due for an overhaul but they're teasing an Olympus overhaul instead for Season 9

https://twitter.com/PlayApex/status/1382378457808699396

https://twitter.com/shrugtal/status/1382380138046889990

what if it's both and olympus lands in world's edge lol

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Can’t wait for that new legend reveal!

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

AnEdgelord posted:

Olympus is a poor replacement and unless the changes are drastic Im dreading it sticking around any longer.

It looks super nice and all, but it's pretty empty for as big as it is. It feels like almost every rotation has you open to snipers for way too long.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
That tease of the new Olympus changes looks like it'll be evening or something. I like the lighting.

e: unless it isn't...

Revitalized fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Apr 14, 2021

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Cruising the information superhighway
Big problem I have with Olympus is there's around 5 Skulltown level POIs in the map that everybody fights around and none of them are actually as good as Skulltown.

Take the empty areas, make them high-tier loot POIs, have fun.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

The glimpse we can see is the area around the waterfall/PS5 building packed full of buildings instead of being a big open field. And that sounds great to me, that’s my least favorite part of Olympus as it currently stands. Also yes, it does seem to be a night time map, but maybe not as dark as Kings Canyon After Dark. Looks good to me even if I’m a little sorry to see a nice bright daytime map go. We still have Kings looking bright and sunny so it’s fine.

Also - My guess for the next legend was gonna be Maldera, since they seemed to be setting up a situation where somebody needed to come in and stop Nox. But they resolved that in comic form instead so idunno now. Other possibilities include Big Sister (who is probably Mila), Maggie (not sure why she’d choose to compete though), a Titanfall character (Ash, Blisk, Jack, or Sarah), or just someone we’ve never heard of like Fuse.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Leaks point to the new legend being Valk, who's kit is based around hovering in the air with some kind of jump kit. Look again at that image of Mirage in Shrugtals tweet.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

I don’t hate the Hammond Labs area as constructed, but it feels like no matter where I drop I have to rotate through there every game and so any change is going to make things “fresh” for a while.

I like all three maps and wish they’d use all three because I like the variety. I don’t like that ranked is one map for six weeks or whatever and then unranked is that map and only one other. I get bored with the ranked map.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
I mean the new legend does seem to have been teased.
https://twitter.com/32Beatdown/status/1382380319312121856

Oh boy, another hovering legend.

Spoilers for datamined abilities
Tactical - Cluster Missile
Fire a rocket that explodes multiple times.

Passive - VTOL Jets
Hold jump to initiate VTOL Jets - allows hovering in the air.

Ultimate - Skyward
Press once to prepare for launch. Teammates can interact with Valk to join the launch. Press again to launch into the air and skydive.
Note: Vertical clearance is required.

Though that tactile does just sound like Fuse's so maybe something has changed.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Speculation on leaks: Depends on how the hovering works. Something close to Crypto or faster, and yeah that's going to suck. Something close to an unhostlered run but in 3d? Yeah, okay, maybe.

The ult seems fun but really situational. How often do you need a mobile balloon, really? Seems like a hero with a great tac and poo poo ult.

Edit: wait. the jets are her passive? That seems hard to balance.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Response about the leaked character:

That ult feels like a get out of jail free card depending on how fast you get vertical, could end up being really powerful. He would have a tactical that does damage, a good reposition ability, and we’ve seen how Horizon being up in the air is completely OP.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I'm not excited about another vertical character, but that ultimate ability sounds awesome.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

wyoming posted:

Spoilers for datamined abilities
Tactical - Cluster Missile
Fire a rocket that explodes multiple times.

Passive - VTOL Jets
Hold jump to initiate VTOL Jets - allows hovering in the air.

Ultimate - Skyward
Press once to prepare for launch. Teammates can interact with Valk to join the launch. Press again to launch into the air and skydive.
Note: Vertical clearance is required.

Though that tactile does just sound like Fuse's so maybe something has changed.

loving cowards, let us ult indoors, slam our heads into the ceiling at 1000 miles per hour, and die instantly

Also isn't Horizon insane partly because her passive lets her adad on her passive better? If new-horizon doesn't have that and her hover is more sluggish, it should mean she's a little more reasonable

Yellow Yoshi
Apr 29, 2020

Figure 1: Mario's weird dog
I'm so glad this thread isn't endlessly parroting reddit nonsense about doddery old Blisk coming in as a wallrunning, titan-using pilot

On the leaks:
Call me pessimistic but I'd be susprised if the new thing had jump jets. It feels too much like things intended for what became Horizon, and we've just had an explosives-based character too so I'm not buying the cluster missiles thing either.

Leaked image from S0/S1

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Yeah it'd be pretty weird if that's the new character, but the ultimate sounds hilarious

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

repiv posted:

World's Edge can't be salvaged? Color me shocked.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Why do they think this is Olympus anyway?

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

It says "Oasis" on those pillars doesn't it?

runchild
May 26, 2010

Zesty posted:

Why do they think this is Olympus anyway?

Those waterfalls are definitely the ones near the Hammond building in the middle of Olympus.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Yellow Yoshi posted:

Leaked image from S0/S1

Rosie became Loba. Nomad obviously became Revenant.

Here's the post-Rampart leak that got Horizon and Fuse.

You can find some leaks on this subreddit. But don't believe everything you read, obviously.

Not worried about spoilers. This isn't a story-driven game.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 15, 2021

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

runchild posted:

Those waterfalls are definitely the ones near the Hammond building in the middle of Olympus.

None of the surroundings match that area of Olympus whatsoever. Not even a hint of lining up.

I could imagine this being a rework of the backside of the Oasis portion of the map though.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Zesty posted:

None of the surroundings match that area of Olympus whatsoever. Not even a hint of lining up.

I could imagine this being a rework of the backside of the Oasis portion of the map though.

Olympus is basically a transformer.

runchild
May 26, 2010

Zesty posted:

The waterfalls and mountain facade are exactly the same, even the trees by the waterfalls are in the same spots. Either this is an extensive rework of Hammond Labs and maybe Energy Depot, or they rotated the whole mountain. Which is possible, as wyoming’s post points out, but the former seems more likely.

While investigating that picture I realized that the Mirage Voyage is in it. I didn’t recognize it all crashed and busted. There’s actually a loading screen blurb in the battle pass where Mirage says he crashed it, too.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

runchild posted:

While investigating that picture I realized that the Mirage Voyage is in it. I didn’t recognize it all crashed and busted. There’s actually a loading screen blurb in the battle pass where Mirage says he crashed it, too.

I can't wait to hear the sound engine nope on out when you start the party near the waterfall.

I know it's nice aesthetically, but until they fix disappearing sound effects they should remove ambient noises. Yesterday standing near fight night I got no sound from my teammate using a jump pad and shooting when they were just 30 meters away.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Hackan Slash posted:

I can't wait to hear the sound engine nope on out when you start the party near the waterfall.

I know it's nice aesthetically, but until they fix disappearing sound effects they should remove ambient noises. Yesterday standing near fight night I got no sound from my teammate using a jump pad and shooting when they were just 30 meters away.

Fight night is garbage for sound and honestly i kinda hate it whenever we rotate there. Then again my moods been kinda angry recently. Sorry for disappearing all of a sudden btw, I was getting grumpy and didn't want to bring you guys down.

MarshyMcFly
Aug 16, 2012

Rodney The Yam II posted:

It says "Oasis" on those pillars doesn't it?

I think Oasis is a brand in the Apex universe. There are Oasis containers on Kings Canyon too.

Edit: never mind that’s “Echo”

MarshyMcFly fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Apr 15, 2021

runchild
May 26, 2010

https://twitter.com/playapex/status/1382744342188617731

Very oblique new legend tease, I assume.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Is that My Hero Academia on the shelf?

loving weeb

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Death Note as well lower down

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The calendar says WTF. That's gotta mean something

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Let's see...
  • Taped to the wall, an image of some sort of floating rock
  • Manga on the shelf and desk
  • "Advanced Training" module on the tablet
  • Sweet tooth (candy wrappers) (calendar with candy drawing as a background)
  • Bottle of lip gloss
  • On the desk, what looks like the same type of rock as the note that's taped to the wall
  • Red jacket
  • Map with areas circled in red (possibly where they find the rock?)
  • Angel statue with prominently spread wings and sword raised
  • Nessie plush
  • KSRVK A? VINSON

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

life_source posted:

Is that My Hero Academia on the shelf?

loving weeb

it's houseki no kuni, pog

e: oh, yeah mha is right next to it too i guess

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Apr 15, 2021

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The calendar doesn’t match for April 2731. It does match for 2021 however. Immersion ruined.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

im the total lack of effort put into mapping CLEAR GLOSS to a rounded container

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Futaba Anzu posted:

it's houseki no kuni, pog

lmao thats wild

good on the artist that got that in there

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Center of the map on world's edge huh? Guess we'll see a significant addition there or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The teaser quest is live now

1. Collect a special keycard from a care package, then click it on the main menu to start the quest
2. Scan special holo-sprays hidden around KC and Olympus

e: shrugtal posted maps of all the holo-spray locations if you can't be bothered hunting

repiv fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 16, 2021