Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Actually a second JOAT

N1 gunsmith sandwolf, cannot kill
N2 hide

Read back on my posts, I was suspicious of Sandwolf D1, D2 I said I was now pretty sure he was town.

Also see me saying after Spoonsy claiming JOAT me saying I could see scum JOAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Hal Incandenza posted:

Read back on my posts, I was suspicious of Sandwolf D1, D2 I said I was now pretty sure he was town.

I'm just saying like I've never seen two JOATs before in one game so it's not out of the realm of possibility, but I'm also saying I threw out a re-director theory because of my N1 and I actually did use my power last night on NGO. Idk, with all this poo poo this game you being like "well I'm a weird target for a re-director" doesn't mean it did/didn't happen. Anything is possible as Kevin Garnett would say.

I don't want to hammer another theory to death (especially if it's the only way to convince me you're town) because I think there's just a high chance you're scum or 3P.

I'm kind of interested to hear what NGO/Solus has to say in reply to all of this poo poo today because they're the only players I trust right now

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Hal Incandenza posted:

I get your reluctance of Spoonsy in this scenario (if you are a JOAT) but he has at least given back results for one night. It's just like, none of your actions have the ability to be confirmed by anyone else and your one claim was yet another track tonight after you got named in an Ecco Rolecop list and you claimed you saw me go nowhere when I very clearly have a role that goes somewhere.

Also not sure I've ever seen a JOAT with a hide ability which is suss but I don't think I've seen one with a gunsmith either so hm

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

NGO please give us your target when you pop in

I could see any of Hal/merk/beet

I could also see a Spoonsy scum JOAT or Hal scum JOAT

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Solus, is there any reason beyond DGK submitting the first night that you are so insistent it must be them?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ngo is Town. Copped the almost-lynch that shifted late into a mislynch for obvious reasons

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I don’t believe Hal’s claim, but I don’t trust spoonsy’s claim for the same reason I don’t trust his earlier one

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

##vote hal provisionally

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

t a s t e posted:

Ngo is Town. Copped the almost-lynch that shifted late into a mislynch for obvious reasons

The fact that you keep visiting people I've visited/claimed in thread first is weirding me out a bit (besides N1 even if I didn't end up there on my own accord)

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sandwolf posted:

Solus, is there any reason beyond DGK submitting the first night that you are so insistent it must be them?

I am confused about their back and forth.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The fact that you keep visiting people I've visited/claimed in thread first is weirding me out a bit (besides N1 even if I didn't end up there on my own accord)

I’m unclear as to your N1 claim at this point. Did you visit Jen x, regardless of intent, or didnt you?

If you’re trying to play like a pseudo cop don’t be surprised when an actual cop visits the most obvious scum candidate

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

t a s t e posted:

I’m unclear as to your N1 claim at this point. Did you visit Jen x, regardless of intent, or didnt you?

If you’re trying to play like a pseudo cop don’t be surprised when an actual cop visits the most obvious scum candidate

I've said for 3 days now I visited Tokes and I was seen at Jen's. The fact that you and pera were actually there makes me believe I was re-directed there.

And my comment had nothing to do with doubting your cop claim (I've said I think you're a cop), it's just interesting to note.

Anyway my focus is completely on Hal/Spoonsy or the potential "Ecco Cop" list depending on if we think Spoonsy is telling the truth.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Spoonsy is just lying op

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Spoonsy posted:

Hi I have cop results that I’m going to put out but before I do that has anyone else been contacted by some sort of sensation of horror at night telling them to be afraid?

Don’t be rude about my posting.

(But seriously, no.)

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Spoonsy posted:

Cool. I was told that something is coming for me. So that’s really fun

Anyway one of my bag of tricks is I get to be an Ecco Cop. I get “not night witch” as a result of one or more of the three names I submit isn’t night witch aligned. I got Not Night Witch for merk, Hal, and beet.

hmmmm interesting choices. who are you feeling? because you’ve just dropped a result and not given an opinion on it yet.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SolusLunes posted:

Ominous!

Out of the three of those, I'd guess Hal?

I’d lean Hal over merk too

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SolusLunes posted:

like DGK why did you submit taste, the claimed cop, again

why are you denying that you're submitting names

are you afraid of getting copped, friend

How are you sure it’s still dgk?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DGK2000 posted:

You know taste is alive right or did you not read the flip

Mmmm I’m not sure I buy that you didn’t get what Solus meant there.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

t a s t e posted:

No way do I believe that's your pick if you were town cop.

##vote taste

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mafia edit: I said something very rude here

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sub Rosa posted:

No way do I believe that's your pick if you were town cop.

##vote taste

It’s by far the highest value play

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m willing to look past this considering I’m pretty sure whatever I said would have garnered that same result from you

I’m sure if I flip you’ll say it’s been somehow manipulated into a reverse death Miller at this point

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

t a s t e posted:

I appreciate that this is your second game out but I’ve been clear enough for people to pick up what I’m saying

t a s t e posted:

Mafia edit: I said something very rude here

t a s t e posted:

I’m sure if I flip you’ll say it’s been somehow manipulated into a reverse death Miller at this point
This is not fun. Please remember rule 1 of this game. Gotta be cool to be nice. I think you are scum. You're repeated mocking of me and trying to make me second guess my play because I'm new is not cool or nice. I'm sure that's part of the reason I think you are scum, because busted scum being mean makes some kind of sense to me. While you being a dick to me if you actually are town sure doesn't seem like what I would think is good town play. It certainly isn't making me believe your reads.

So I'm trying really hard to not just read you as scum because you are being such a dick to me this game, making me not want to ever play with you ever again. You cannot insult me into backing off my reads because I'm a new player, and I read you as scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m treating you with relative kid gloves precisely *because* you’re new. Other players have and will get much worse for bad play. Yours is excusable if sincere and commendable if insincere.

“Meanness” is subjective, and if you’re going to play this game I’m going to hold you to a high standard. Somber hasn’t used ecco’s old rule template but there’s a particularly relevant point about that. If you think me making fun of your bad posts makes me scummy that’s your prerogative, but it’s not good play.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Onto the point, ngo is a high value clear because he was thought of as worth lynching before a suspicious low-content push saved him. That’s wildly suspicious for a given player and could very well have taken our focus today. Clearing him through results forestalls that waste of time.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
In a game with a role blocker why are you 1. Not dead and 2. Not blocked, taste? I do not believe your claim.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

DGK2000 posted:

In a game with a role blocker why are you 1. Not dead and 2. Not blocked, taste? I do not believe your claim.

Working backwards to your conclusion that I’m lying will make any sort of circumstance seem scummy, so you might as well put “I don’t believe you” at the front

Asking me to map out why scum choose to do what they do is pointless. We don’t have full scope of the board

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sub Rosa posted:

This is not fun. Please remember rule 1 of this game. Gotta be cool to be nice. I think you are scum. You're repeated mocking of me and trying to make me second guess my play because I'm new is not cool or nice. I'm sure that's part of the reason I think you are scum, because busted scum being mean makes some kind of sense to me. While you being a dick to me if you actually are town sure doesn't seem like what I would think is good town play. It certainly isn't making me believe your reads.

So I'm trying really hard to not just read you as scum because you are being such a dick to me this game, making me not want to ever play with you ever again. You cannot insult me into backing off my reads because I'm a new player, and I read you as scum.

Meanness is definitely not exclusive to town or scum (people can be fake or real indignant/mean) but I think the general good point you make is yeah, we should all be nicer in mafia in general, or make it feel not personal as best we can. I can be called an idiot in good fun.

My issue with taste has only been the targets he's chosen but otherwise, it's not still not the best idea to lunch a uncounterclaimed cop unless we're sure it's the best result. I don't think NGO was a terrible choice tonight (obviously) but I think people like merk or myself or whoever else has had a lot of eyes on them are good too.

Another thing, this game in particular feels like there's so many people that look weird each day. We have two joats existing, Hal claiming he saw me not visit someone, and an Ecco Cop with 3 people claimed where 1 came back "not night witch". I think the problem with leaving 3 people alive and not touching any of the Ecco Cop result people is scum aren't going to kill any of those people who have suspicion, why would they if we don't know their alignment? A 33% chance of getting the right person is better than .. whatever bad math I can do with how many people we have alive right now. That's just my thoughts on it. I'm generally against ONLY focusing on one group (we had the same conundrum with the mason stuff on D1) but we're deep into the game and it'll be a lingering problem imo.

And all that is considering we can trust Spoonsy, so this is already overwhelming.

##unvote. Out of those 3 I still like Hal but I'm not rushing towards anything yet.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
At hospital. Wife having baby.

Not going to play night action bingo anyway so I’ll be back when that dials down.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

merk posted:

Not going to play night action bingo anyway so I’ll be back when that dials down.

Grats!!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Merk, do not take advice from this man.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

hambeet posted:

Merk, do not take advice from this man.

¡¡sʇɐɹƃ

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Deadbeat Dad posted:

it's not still not the best idea to lunch a uncounterclaimed cop
This still seems like a weird argument to me. I know I'm a newbie, but please explain why. Because I thought actual cops as opposed to eccocops or rolecops were super rare in SA Mafia, and I thought that in SA Mafia claims are never countered because you know if you are given a fake claim it won't be countered?

I don't think this flavorable game has a vanilla cop and the fact that it hasn't been counterclaimed means nothing to me.

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Sub Rosa posted:

Were you wrong?

Nope. Couldn't do a murder last night.

Sandwolf posted:

hambeet posted:

How are you sure it’s still dgk?

Because I haven't seen anything to indicate that it's not him submitting names anymore, and they're still being submitted, and nobody else has owned up to it.

Real talk though am I tunneling too hard? Because I feel like nobody else agrees with this case.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
##vote tast

Still not a cop, still scum.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

Mazel!

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

hambeet posted:

hmmmm interesting choices. who are you feeling? because you’ve just dropped a result and not given an opinion on it yet.

Sorry, that was a result of me and time zones. I wanted to get this info out into the game before going to sleep.

For context - my original list was Merk, Yuming, and Sub. Then Yuming turns up dead and I felt better about Sub over the course of yesterday.

I kept Merk as I wasn't sure what he was really doing in this game as I've seen him aggressively case people left right and center as town and he wasn't doing that (though his reason for not being around today probably explains all of that and we probably shouldn't lunch him today just out of common courtesy? I don't know the rules for that.

For you, something just feels off about your posting style. I know a lot of it might have to do with time zone, but I wanted to check you out. I was really hoping that I'd come back with NIGHT WITCH for the three of you and I could report that we had a quarter of the town (third if you want to include me) that you could write as town votes.

And then there's Hal. Real talk - I included Hal as I wanted someone who wasn't part of the Tokes lunch (minus you), and the other two people I can confirm at least did in fact role block and send me an item. So that left Hal. I did not at that time guess that he would be/claim to be a second JOAT. And I'm not going to lie - I have a tough time believing there are two JOATs in a boat...er..game without one of them being scum.

I still don't like taste, and my DBD paranoia is receding. I'm not good on Hal either, but not enough to vote yet.

That being said, I really do feel it should be 1 of the 3. 33% odds are better than 8.33% odds (12 people left)

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
I'm just not sure why you copped last night is my only issue spoonsy. I know there was a potential action you could have taken and I was expecting that to be what you did.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Amnistar posted:

I'm just not sure why you copped last night is my only issue spoonsy. I know there was a potential action you could have taken and I was expecting that to be what you did.

The thing you gave me helps no one other than myself if that's what you're referring to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

t a s t e (2): Sub Rosa, Amnistar
DGK2000 (1): SolusLunes
Hal Incandenza (1): Deadbeat Dad, t a s t e, Deadbeat Dad
SolusLunes (1): DGK2000
Deadbeat Dad (1): Hal Incandenza

Not Voting (6): Deadbeat Dad, hambeet, merk, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Sandwolf, Spoonsy

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 17th, 2020 at 8 p.m. CDT -- that's in about 2 days, 10 hours.