Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pb and Jellyfish
Oct 30, 2011
Just bought this on steam, do I need to download the closed test, or just the normal game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Pb and Jellyfish posted:

Just bought this on steam, do I need to download the closed test, or just the normal game?

normal game it's released go hog wild also join the discord

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ignite Memories posted:

I think it's dumb as gently caress that blightstormers can teleport at all.

i think its lame that chaos only has 2 specials and they're both fat sorceror dudes. gimme plaguebearers and poo poo

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

do berserkers and chaos warriors count

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

StashAugustine posted:

i think its lame that chaos only has 2 specials and they're both fat sorceror dudes. gimme plaguebearers and poo poo

This, I hope they beef up Chaos a bit. I know the Rats feel good because they had V1 to get the mix right but yeah Chaos roster doesn't feel as deep or dangerous.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Cowcaster posted:

do berserkers and chaos warriors count

berserkers are plague monks, chaos warriors/maulers are stormvermin

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Those Waystalker changes are super good.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Jimbot posted:

Those Waystalker changes are super good.

since i didn't know what you were talking about i pulled up the notes:

quote:

Patch 1.0.3 (~115mb) is out now for Vermintide 2, with a healthy dose of fixes, tweaks and stability improvements.

Fixes / Tweaks
Fixed so ‘Deeds’ are able to change enemy types used in patrols as well
Fixed Flamestorm Staff and Drakefire Gun triggering headshot HUD sounds
The upgrade cost of an item now matches the listed requirements
Upgrading an item with an illusion will not result in salvaging the item
Headgear can now be salvaged
Upgrading an item with an illusion will no longer result in salvaging the item
Fixed an issue where Gatekeeper Naglfahr could transform into multiple Chaos Spawns
Added more rain to The Screaming Bell level
Fixed hole where player could fall under the bell platform on The Screaming Bell
Fixed dinner bell interaction box on Hunger In The Dark being too small to use
Fixed backtrack points out of the cellar on Fort Brachsenbrücke
Fixed issue causing some players to not get their Collector’s Edition character frames
Fixed occasion where players would be incorrectly kicked for anticheat violation
Added anti cheat panel for untrusted states to help resolving issues
When state is not trusted - or when a player has been banned, we present them with detailed information
Removed visible lines in the top and bottom of the screen caused by the outline shader
Implemented additional functionality for vote kick system to combat griefing
Heroes & Balance

Kerillian - Waystalker
Rejuvenating Locus - Fixed an issue where party members would receive no healing from Rejuvenating Locus if Kerillian was above half health. Party members will heal up to half health regardless of Kerillian's current health value
Vaul's Quiver - Will now grant an amount of ammo based on your weapon’s maximum ammo. This means that a Swiftbow - with a larger ammo capacity, will receive more than a Hagbane Bow
Also fixed an issue where Vaul’s Quiver would cease to give ammo when Kerillian was above half health
Kerillian - Shade
Ereth Khial's Herald - Fixed an incorrect tooltip showing 100% bonus to Murderous Prowess instead of 75%. The talent remains unchanged, this was simply a tooltip inconsistency
Markus Kruber - Foot Knight
Protective Presence - Fixed to properly apply buffs when modified by talents
Markus Kruber - Huntsman
Outdoorsman - Fixed to properly grant a stamina shield
Sienna Fuegonasus - Unchained
Blood Magic - To avoid self-detonation, Sienna will no longer convert received damage to overcharge while being incapacitated
Stability / Performance
Improved CPU optimizations for enemy and bot AI decision making
Fixed crash occurring when the Chaos Spawn tried to throw away a grabbed player after the rest of the team had wiped
Fixed rare crash happening when a Chaos Spawn was finished smashing a player into the ground, but that player left the game the same moment
Fixed Burblespue Halescourge who would cause a crash if a Globadier followed the players into the arena, and accidentally hurt the boss sorcerer. Bunglesnatch Humbledink then tried to retaliate against the poison cloud... Silly Blunderstunt.
Fixed a crash where a Skaven enemy tried to walk to a disabled interest point. (The interest point system handles interactions of enemies out of combat.)
Increased stability when losing contact with Steam
Fixed infrequent crashes that could occur on The Screaming Bell
Fixed crash that could occur when firing the cannon on Fort Brachsenbrücke
Fixed crash that could occur when a Warpfire Thrower hit a channeling sorcerer during the end event of Convocation of Decay
Fixed crash that could occur when a player leaves the game
Fixed crash when voting for a mission while a player vote kick is active
Decreased number of access violations during start up caused by XAudio2
Added an error message box when trying to launch DX12 binaries on any other OS than Windows 10
Game no longer uninstalls itself after a particularly rare crash
Known Issues
Backend issues with ISP UPC in Poland is still unresolved. We are working on this continually
The host can crash during the Skarrik Spinemanglr boss fight if a player joins/leaves the game
Skittergate bosses are currently in an unstable state
Localisation work is still ongoing, and we apologise for that. We’ll continue to add and improve as we patch
Notes
Some players who participated in the open beta test have reported issues where the Skittergate level is unavailable. Due to a change in the level unlock system, those players will have to re-play Act 3 in order to unlock Skittergate.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Ugh, they fixed the 20 upgrade cost :(

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Coolguye posted:

his Animosity shout is one of only three actives in the game that can make the chaos spawn drop someone he's about to munch on (the other two are Kruber's).
I'm pretty sure the flaming skull can do this too

edit:

Patch Notes posted:

Game no longer uninstalls itself after a particularly rare crash
:allears:

Zephro fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Mar 15, 2018

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
Oh wait so Kruber's aura wasn't giving anything at all if modified by talents?!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Skypie posted:

Oh wait so Kruber's aura wasn't giving anything at all if modified by talents?!

Negative. That's how strong the class is lmao.

Can someone confirm how much upgrading from blue to orange is now?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Zephro posted:

I'm pretty sure the flaming skull can do this too
since everyone is correcting me now i DID make an update post testing this junk after i got off work that evening, but apparently it's easier to find this post that's like 15 pages back but not the correction that's 10 pages back

the short version is that the BH pistol will if you do not have buckshot and are swole enough for the difficulty level, flaming skull might do it if you manage to catch spaghetti-o in the mouth through luck or merit (which you can't count on)

the shouts from kruber/saltzpyre and the foot knight's charge remain the only things with no IFs attached to them

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 15, 2018

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

"Game no longer uninstalls itself after a particularly rare crash"

That has to be one of the best patch notes I've ever read.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

N... Nothing for bardin, huh

not even fixing the scavenger talent description that is no longer accurate following its nerf?

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

fadam posted:

Negative. That's how strong the class is lmao.

Can someone confirm how much upgrading from blue to orange is now?

Wow it's gonna be great to have an actual 20% damage reduction then

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol holy poo poo, I get 20% damage reduction now and I already felt really strong

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Are you sure it's 20%? it doesn't seem to list the % anywhere and the talent now says it increases defense aura by 5% instead of 10%

And yes the upgrade to orange recipe is 50 scrap now, so hope you got all the oranges you wanted before the 30 scrap hike.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I swear by Kruber's handgun - literally the only thing it can do is point-and-click special deletion, but that's worth more than enough to me. The repeater is amazing too.... for the five seconds that its ammo reserve actually lasts, then it's a paperweight.

The blunderbuss is total garbage (though I hear much less so on Huntsman) and I haven't tried the bow yet.

And as much as I love the handgun, yeah, I have to admit that its accuracy penalties can occasionally screw you if you don't wait until you're fully zoomed in to fire.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I liked this one.

Patch Notes posted:

Fixed Burblespue Halescourge who would cause a crash if a Globadier followed the players into the arena, and accidentally hurt the boss sorcerer. Bunglesnatch Humbledink then tried to retaliate against the poison cloud... Silly Blunderstunt.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I really like the Longbow for Huntsman. The accuracy loss is garbage (and I think it may be a bug since it's the only sniper weapon that does this and if you crouch and do it the crosshairs freaks out) but you can tear up swarms good, tear up bosses with your special and get some xtreme 180 noscope headshots on specials.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Time to set my Waystalker to regen ammo and never look back, I suppose.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Jimbot posted:

I really like the Longbow for Huntsman. The accuracy loss is garbage (and I think it may be a bug since it's the only sniper weapon that does this and if you crouch and do it the crosshairs freaks out) but you can tear up swarms good, tear up bosses with your special and get some xtreme 180 noscope headshots on specials.

The problem is if you take longbow, then you're playing huntsman.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I don't very much like the crafting system they came up with, too many different materials, some of them too few uses and scrap being the big limiter on getting new items after you melt down most of your junk.

I have 230 green dust and 340 blue dust and rerolling stats is the only thing they are useful for so I'd have to spend a hour hitting the re-roll button to ever run dry.
140 gemcutter toolkits which are useless because you only need a few trinkets/charms/necklaces to equip everyone, which is also a major pain to equip/unequip, I had to remove a trinket on every single character before I could reroll the traits, it's also frustrating to get 2-3 trinkets per chest you open instead of weapons for your class, only 40 weapon toolkits which is still more then enough but falls short of the gemcutter toolkits.

tldr: crafting has a lot of materials that are limiting for the first week and then might as well be infinite besides scrap and lacks ways to convert materials between eachother.

Ellipson
Sep 14, 2007

everything's cool
In case anyone was curious about numbers, Vaul's Quiver on Waystalker gives:

3 arrows per tick for the shortbow
2 arrows per tick for the longbow
1 arrow per tick for the hagbane shortbow

Also, the talent for ammo return on pressing your career skill is still returning 50% of your ammo, not 20%. Vaul's Quiver ticks fast enough that you really only need one or the other for ammo return.

IMO taking both ammo talents is going to be absolute overkill. Taking one of the ammo talents plus Party Healing/30% shorter cooldown on career skill/Health Return on career skill seems like the way to go for starters. Leaning CD reduction or Health Return (with a regen necklace) myself. Healing your party up to 50% on Champion on double Grimoire runs seems... not very good.

Ellipson fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 15, 2018

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I will 100% take the crafting and loot system we have now over the one in Ratfight 1.

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Ellipson posted:

3 arrows per tick for the shortbow
2 arrows per tick for the longbow
1 arrow per tick for the hagbane shortbow

yessssss

I can finally live my arrow spam dreams without a ranger dorf on my team and still have ammo :getin:

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Just had another one of those fun disconnect errors after a great recovery following a Stormfiend. They really need to do something about how the game handles brief interruptions.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Coolguye posted:

since everyone is correcting me now i DID make an update post testing this junk after i got off work that evening, but apparently it's easier to find this post that's like 15 pages back but not the correction that's 10 pages back

the short version is that the BH pistol will if you do not have buckshot and are swole enough for the difficulty level, flaming skull might do it if you manage to catch spaghetti-o in the mouth through luck or merit (which you can't count on)

the shouts from kruber/saltzpyre and the foot knight's charge remain the only things with no IFs attached to them

*aims flaming skull RIGHT at mouth from 4m range*

*flaming skulls flies off to kill a berzerker to my right*

NAILED it!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Mendrian posted:

Just had another one of those fun disconnect errors after a great recovery following a Stormfiend. They really need to do something about how the game handles brief interruptions.

Yeah, I was in a champ pub game where we'd overcome a nasty Stormfiend and got to the climax area in Righteous Stand. We rung the bell, started heading towards the door, and...game could not connect to Steam.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

FlyingCowOfDoom posted:

This, I hope they beef up Chaos a bit. I know the Rats feel good because they had V1 to get the mix right but yeah Chaos roster doesn't feel as deep or dangerous.

Chaos roster feels a bit like a DLC add-on that can't really stand on it's own, which is why in certain maps you'll have only skaven like into the nest and then you go to norsca or the warcamp and it's still 50% skaven and 80% skaven specials.

Probably doesn't help that the blightstormer and life leech are largely hated, life leech especially with being able to nuke someone for 20% of their health just by teleporting into/away from them.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Chaos roster feels a bit like a DLC add-on that can't really stand on it's own, which is why in certain maps you'll have only skaven like into the nest and then you go to norsca or the warcamp and it's still 50% skaven and 80% skaven specials.

Probably doesn't help that the blightstormer and life leech are largely hated, life leech especially with being able to nuke someone for 20% of their health just by teleporting into/away from them.

I hate the blightstormer. I don't know why they need to spawn him in places that are literally inaccessible. I had him spawn in the window behind the elevator on Righteous Stand, and then he just wanders away.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
man all I want is to roll up as ranger Bardin with a grudgeraker, turn off all ingame sound, blast E1M1 on full volume and shotgun rats like it's 1994 but instead they fix and buff the elf

for shame fatshark

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Lmao wait, so after this patch they made Protective Aura provide less than 5% reduction? Defensive formation says "Increase damage reduction from Protective Presence to 5.0%."

5% is nothing.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I really hope they add a stat for knockdowns and damage blocked.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

fadam posted:

Lmao wait, so after this patch they made Protective Aura provide less than 5% reduction? Defensive formation says "Increase damage reduction from Protective Presence to 5.0%."

5% is nothing.

I'm guessing it's because Kruber was already such a brick house that 20% would have made him feel functionally invincible.

Still, 5% is pretty weak.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I mean, that's 5% after a talent. What is it unmodified? Either way its pretty underwhelming.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Martout posted:

man all I want is to roll up as ranger Bardin with a grudgeraker, turn off all ingame sound, blast E1M1 on full volume and shotgun rats like it's 1994 but instead they fix and buff the elf

for shame fatshark

Are you saying you can't do this currently?

I feel like Doom Dwarf is the only setup that DOES work for ranger

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

fadam posted:

I mean, that's 5% after a talent. What is it unmodified? Either way its pretty underwhelming.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just hosed up and meant to write "by 5%" but who can really say since they literally never, ever give us a functional tooltip that tells us what Protective Presence does normally!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

fadam posted:

5% is nothing.

Could also be bad English too. I wish they gave you values on this stuff.

Edit: Beaten