Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Sigma X posted:

GT3 was the last good GT game. I would say "Just move over to Forza", but all they're doing now is making Need For Speed ripoff arcade games now, so...

Tourist Trophy was the last good racing game. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!
VW Golf TDI with 507,759 miles.

http://m.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/10675185.Car_clocks_up_507_759_miles/

And still going. :smug:

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Mr. Wiggles posted:

The most correct opinion.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

My Dad's is at 360,000 and still going. Needs a turbo though.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I really need to get a hold of this.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Was at a car show last weekend (actually got selected to show mine) and there were a ton of amazing cars (muscle, rat rods, hot rods, etc.), but these were three mint beauties that just made me jizz in my pants a little, especially one of my favorite muscle cars ever, The Judge.

The Road Runner and Coronet weren't too hard on the eyes, either.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

My mind is never not boggled at how much space there is under the hood in old cars.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

You could climb into the engine bay to work on them.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

V8 powered 911 from the 70s

Scrambles
Jul 24, 2003

I WANT IT
oh my god it's like a porsche pantera, I'm in love

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

How many corners did it manage before it spun out, slammed into a wall, and burst into flames?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
As louver fan #1 I will say that car is awesome as hell.

As for panteras, I was at a cars & coffee and took only these 3 pictures. Was the loudest car Ive ever heard in person. As you can tell there is a yellow one right next to it. I was very surprised we had cars like these in Buffalo.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

razorscooter posted:

The 959's older brother who's on high doses of lithium.

revdrkevind
Dec 15, 2013
ASK:lol: ME:lol: ABOUT:lol: MY :lol:TINY :lol:DICK

also my opinion on :females:
:haw::flaccid: :haw: :flaccid: :haw: :flaccid::haw:

MustardFacial posted:

I guess you should stop playing video games then, because everyone does this to some extant.

Er. I meant the investment bit of PCARS? Backstory if anyone doesn't know.

Shareholders who got in to the early Kickstarter phase get a kickback of cash if the game sells. Some of them are inflating reviews directly to pad their own pockets, while posing as regular gamers instead of industry insiders or developers. That's unethical as hell. Some percent are even pure investors with no interest in gaming, who saw the investment potential and can make a buck if the game sells more copies.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

revdrkevind posted:

Shareholders who got in to the early Kickstarter phase get a kickback of cash if the game sells. Some of them are inflating reviews directly to pad their own pockets, while posing as regular gamers instead of industry insiders or developers. That's unethical as hell. Some percent are even pure investors with no interest in gaming, who saw the investment potential and can make a buck if the game sells more copies.

Oh that. yeah that's a bit scummy, but publishers padding reviews and basing employee bonuses on review scores is a common practice.

the games industry is the worst.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

revdrkevind posted:

I'll show them, I'm going to wait until next week's steam sale until I buy it. Take THAT, jerks!

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

revdrkevind posted:

Such is the entertainment industry.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream

razorscooter posted:

Stereotypical thing for me to say here but dang that is one cool car there

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
No one cares because PCARS loving owns.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

What I miss most about the older Gran Turismo games is being able to drive around in a 1993 Honda Shitbox if you wanted.

Forza still has those cars to some extent but the car list in a lot of newer games/sims makes me go "eh."

I'm broken.

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
You can still do that in GT6, but they haven't updated the digital models for most of those cars since what looks like the PS1.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Previa_fun posted:

What I miss most about the older Gran Turismo games is being able to drive around in a 1993 Honda Shitbox if you wanted.

Forza still has those cars to some extent but the car list in a lot of newer games/sims makes me go "eh."

I'm broken.

GT6 still does some of that, there's 7 Corollas, 16 different Honda Civics, 29 different Miatas, and the lunar rover.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I remember the last time I played Gran Turismo I challenged my friend to a 2 lap race around Nurburgring in matching split window Beetles and we hadn't quite finished lap 1 when he put the controller down and forfeited

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

NoWake posted:

You can still do that in GT6, but they haven't updated the digital models for most of those cars since what looks like the PS1.

This is just laziness and carcount++ and is exactly what turned me off of the GT series, though.

That and all the cars sounding like vacuum cleaners. :v:

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

El Scotch posted:

My mind is never not boggled at how much space there is under the hood in old cars.

I get really angry when I try to fix modern cars, because of how difficult it is to fit my hands into pretty much any space they need to be. Want to change your oil filter? Here, squeeze your forearm in between the burning hot exhaust headers and the firewall! Want to change the timing belt? You'll have to pry the goddamn engine away off to one side just to squeeze it out. Want to do anything that involves working on the a/c compressor? HAHAHAHA gently caress YOU!

I grew up working on cars like crown victorias, caprices, and full size trucks. Even though these pieces of poo poo broke down with some frequency, I didn't mind so much because it was never that difficult for me to get things taken care of. gently caress modern cars and the modern production methods that entirely indifferent to the plight of us who have to keep them running.

fakeaccount fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jun 5, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

I still want a G-body.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43FZqZEUKK4

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

That Suburban :swoon:

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

NoWake posted:

PS2 actually. Most of the cars in GT 6 are still the same 3D models from GT 3/4. A few were given higher-res textures, but the majority is still the old blocky and grainy models. This includes nearly all of the museum pieces I love the most (Alfa Romeo 155 V6 TI, all the Group B rally cars, the Japanese Safari Rally winners, the 90s JGTC cars that were the highlight of GT 1, etc.) and this means I probably won't have any reason to play GT 7

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

That motorbike looks terrifying to ride. The one towards the end (I don't want to spoil it for anyone else). Holy........

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

I still want a G-body.

I had 2 in my teens. I'm saving up to buy my 3rd one now.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

Previa_fun posted:

This is just laziness and carcount++ and is exactly what turned me off of the GT series, though.

That and all the cars sounding like vacuum cleaners. :v:

I didn't mind carcount++ that much because I could always get ~*MY*~ Subaru WRX, though making a separate car model for the Skyline just for the special edition paint was dumb. Sad that they got rid of the Mercedes-Benz auto carriage from GT4, but that only had 2hp and couldn't get up steep hills.

Also, if you don't want the cars to sound like vacuum cleaners, you need a stereo system. If you just play audio through TV speakers you get mostly front speaker sound, which is the induction noise. With a 5.1 the exhaust note gets played through the back speakers and is usually louder, or as loud as the intake.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Neptr posted:

Also, if you don't want the cars to sound like vacuum cleaners, you need a stereo system. If you just play audio through TV speakers you get mostly front speaker sound, which is the induction noise. With a 5.1 the exhaust note gets played through the back speakers and is usually louder, or as loud as the intake.

Is there not a Stereo option to just pump it all through the front two channels? That seems a bit terrible if not.

Also, GT2 on Dreamcast superiority :smug:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Also, GT2 on Dreamcast superiority :smug:
What? GT is a Playstation series

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Holy crap it's nuts how much traffic the nurburgring gets these days.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

You Am I posted:

What? GT is a Playstation series

:cmon: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleemcast!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

What is this and why am I suddenly so aroused at the sight of it?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u8xlg-q5Xc

dunno about the rims though

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice

xzzy posted:

Holy crap it's nuts how much traffic the nurburgring gets these days.

I'm headed there in less than a week! :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Monte Carlo SS (maybe not SS) restomod, surely?