Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Velocity Raptor posted:

The hats are so you know the hydrant is connected to a well, actually.

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Whoever called charcuterie boards adult lunchables was correct

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Right or wrong I'll attribute it to Mitch Hedberg, he had the right of fettucini alfredo being mac & cheese for adults

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Mac and cheese is delicious and I'll eat it all goddamn day idgaf. Give me that blue box.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

English people (barbaric, baby-palated): "macaroni from a box yum yum!" (naff, gross, deadly)
Civilised people (refined, huge testicles): "macaroni box nami nami maiskis!" (succulent, nutritious)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

3D Megadoodoo posted:

English people (barbaric, baby-palated): "macaroni from a box yum yum!" (naff, gross, deadly)
Civilised people (refined, huge testicles): "macaroni box nami nami maiskis!" (succulent, nutritious)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Do you mean Kraft Dinner? Or Cheesey Pasta?

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Hyperlynx posted:

These are very good. The "eating batteries" one is from a Strong Bad email, though.

I yearn to wander the halls of your memory palace.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Makaronilåda - a macaroni casserole that is basically an uncooked ham and cheese omelette dumped over cooked elbow macaroni and then baked with some breadcrumbs.

It's nordic 70s cooking that somehow still lives on. Not bad, just very beige cooking. Something you ate for dinner as a kid.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

I'm Mario. And I'm Luigi.

The Mario Bros!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Data Graham posted:

Right or wrong I'll attribute it to Mitch Hedberg, he had the right of fettucini alfredo being mac & cheese for adults

imo the problem with mac & cheese isn't that it's pasta and cheese, pasta and cheese is amazing. the problem is that the cheese is powdered, stuff you make into a sauce which is kinda weird and never going to be as good as using normal cheese.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Oh, so sorry it's not "normal" you prejudiced piece of poo poo. Some of us don't adhere to your cheddaronormative worldview.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
What about Velveeta

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

I don’t like elevated Mac and cheese. Don’t sell me a seven cheese Gruyère blend with beautifully baked Parmesan breadcrumbs, lobster, pancetta, truffle oil, and fresh garden scallions. That sounds delicious but I don’t want it.

I want a box of garbage made of powder and lovely noodles overcooked on a stove.

I’m not eating Mac and cheese if I want a fancy adult meal, I will order real food. If I am feeding a child or hoovering up their leftovers, or desperately trying to regain my vanished youth, Kraft dinner all the way.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
Hong kong macaroni soup is the best variant

mystes
May 31, 2006

space uncle posted:

I don’t like elevated Mac and cheese. Don’t sell me a seven cheese Gruyère blend with beautifully baked Parmesan breadcrumbs, lobster, pancetta, truffle oil, and fresh garden scallions. That sounds delicious but I don’t want it.

I want a box of garbage made of powder and lovely noodles overcooked on a stove.

I’m not eating Mac and cheese if I want a fancy adult meal, I will order real food. If I am feeding a child or hoovering up their leftovers, or desperately trying to regain my vanished youth, Kraft dinner all the way.
I don't think I ever had kraft mac and cheese as a kid so I don't really like that or fancier mac and cheese made using sodium citrate from a ton of nice cheese.

I did have baked mac and cheese in high school so I much prefer that style (using mornay sauce)

And yeah it's basic comfort food and don't put weird stuff like truffle oil (:barf:) in it

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I have a garbage tummy so I gently caress with vegan Mac and cheese/makaroni -låda -pudding/makaronilaatikko, though the latter three are more similar to frittatas.

Anyway here are memes?

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

axolotl farmer posted:

Makaronilåda - a macaroni casserole that is basically an uncooked ham and cheese omelette dumped over cooked elbow macaroni and then baked with some breadcrumbs.

It's nordic 70s cooking that somehow still lives on. Not bad, just very beige cooking. Something you ate for dinner as a kid.

It is still delicious and easy to do as an adult.
Finnish variant uses Macaroni, minced meat, eggs and milk. :yum:

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Data Graham posted:

That's literally what it is, at least the original recipe. It got that name since a chef in Rome named Alfredo made some simple Parmesan and butter sauce on pasta for his wife after she gave birth. Then he served it at his restaurant, it hit it big with American tourists, and when they took it home they fancied it up with garlic and cream. The original recipe was only remarkable for finding a simple comfort food in a proper restaurant.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Killer robot posted:

That's literally what it is, at least the original recipe. It got that name since a chef in Rome named Alfredo made some simple Parmesan and butter sauce on pasta for his wife after she gave birth. Then he served it at his restaurant, it hit it big with American tourists, and when they took it home they fancied it up with garlic and cream. The original recipe was only remarkable for finding a simple comfort food in a proper restaurant.

I always figured the guy's name was fredo and it was 'pasta of fredo'

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Some of us are very concerned about the Princess of Wales and are happy to see her doing well :colbert:

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

Lib and let die posted:

I always figured the guy's name was fredo and it was 'pasta of fredo'

Al Fredo is what the Umayyads called the Italians

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mauser posted:

:hmmyes:

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Mauser posted:

lmfao

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/UbJ8Hjy.mp4

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

Thank you for a proper and traditional Wednesday post.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

axolotl farmer posted:

Never eaten this. Would kill God to try it.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Lobok posted:

Some of us don't adhere to your cheddaronormative worldview.

Not letting this go by unnoticed.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

LookieLoo posted:

Never eaten this. Would kill God to try it.

it looks pretty braindead, why don't you just cook the carbs and cheese casserole yourself?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/LBpYQJU.mp4

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Hooplah posted:

it looks pretty braindead, why don't you just cook the carbs and cheese casserole yourself?

Like you haven't looked for any excuse to kill God.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
uh wtf

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Someone already killed god. That tough Conservative Twitter rancher dude. Ran him over with his truck. Yes I'm dyslexic.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Hooplah posted:

It tastes better when someone makes it for you

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

Cocaine Bear posted:

Someone already killed god. That tough Conservative Twitter rancher dude. Ran him over with his truck. Yes I'm dyslexic.

It was the governor of South Dakota and she shot him

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Data Graham posted:

Like you haven't looked for any excuse to kill God.

i'm given to believe that such a thing is no more than a mere pass-time activity to japanese high school students

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

And I said

eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

i said ey

i'm walkin' heah!

ButterNBacon
Feb 17, 2004

I really like this

Edit: made me think of this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs