Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just grill up meat and tell him its japanese barbecue.

This is also my bias speaking here but after living in Japan Im going to assume the YouTubes he is sharing are trying to deliver "authentic" Japanese food aka bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Licarn posted:

there's at least 99% chance this happened. Even 99.5.

I don't really believe that this instance in particular happened, but I don't have any problems believing that SOMEONE has written gay self-insert Chris Christie fanfic. People write fanfic about much weirder things all the time.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Show him some actual japanese culture by telling him he'll eat whatever the gently caress you feed him because you're his grandparent. Than pressure him to become a doctor

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

As a cis male who is technically white, it’s good to see MRA/incels have found a place to nest in this thread.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Flowers for QAnon posted:

As a cis male who is technically white, it’s good to see MRA/incels have found a place to nest in this thread.

In your posts? what is this even referencing?

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Barudak posted:

Just grill up meat and tell him its japanese barbecue.

This is also my bias speaking here but after living in Japan Im going to assume the YouTubes he is sharing are trying to deliver "authentic" Japanese food aka bad.
I also figured Grandpa might not be that good at cooking it and, given the kid's autistic, even the good stuff is Different enough it's overwhelming and thus immediately gets shunted to 'bad' for him.

Like I think it's sweet OP went through all that effort but I also think it was almost certainly doomed to fail from the start.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Just give him soy sauce instead of tomato to go with his chicken parmy. Bam, now it's katsu.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Motherfucker posted:

Maybe he hates the Japanese

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Invisible Clergy posted:

Is there a way that I [23 F] could address my boyfriend [23 M] lying about his height?
Did anyone else picture the dude making a "hhnnnnngggh" sound when he was trying to stretch / will himself taller?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

Show him some actual japanese culture by telling him he'll eat whatever the gently caress you feed him because you're his grandparent. Than pressure him to become a doctor

Plus if he's watching anime and wanting to eat the food that looks like that, he may as well ask for a ninja costume so he can run on water for as in touch with reality he sounds.

Watching actual chefs cook anime looking Japanese food its them going "yeah it takes 5 years to get decent at this" and it's a world class chef making a rice and egg dish. That they even bought a square pan (I'm assuming its to make a rolled omelette) is overly generous to a picky eating teenager.

He's clearly not even enjoying the flavor of the food probably because if the grandpa is cooking exactly like a decent youtube video the kid doesn't like it because its not a greasy salt/sugar bomb. "Japanese Curry" at its simplest is a curry roux block melted into a meat, potato, veg stew and thickened up, served over rice.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for saying talking to my sister's boyfriend can be "loving exhausting"?

quote:

Ryan (fake name) and my sister have been dating 8 years. Ryan doesn't believe in marriage. If Ryan is ever made aware of a wedding/engagement he tells the couple that he wishes them luck because "you'll need it" and spouts divorce rates. Any sign of upset and he'll say "it's just my opinion".

2 months ago I found out I was 6 weeks pregnant. I told my boyfriend and that night when I got home he'd set up the flat for a romantic evening and proposed with a necklace (I hate rings). When I asked if this was because of the baby he showed me a receipt from January and said he'd wanted to do it for months but we'd had a string of bad luck (he got in a car accident, 2 relatives and a childhood pet died, and I lost one of my jobs) so he wanted to wait for some good news.

We agreed to tell people when we were past the 3 month stage of the pregnancy. Then yesterday, because we wanted to tell them all at once, we arranged a video call with both sets of parents, my sister, and his siblings. We told them. All 4 parents were full on sobbing (I joined them), and our siblings were congratulating us, talking about the wedding and baby, really overall excited and happy for us.

Then Ryan shows up and asks if we found out I was pregnant before or after the proposal. Fiance says "before but-" and Ryan interrupts and says "makes sense". Then he gives us his Ryan-isms about how it won't last and throws in his own views about people who get/stay married "just for the kids". He gets a chorus of people telling him to read the room and he says it's just his opinion. The rest of the call passes with people asking us about the baby and wedding and Ryan spouting Ryan-isms while being told to shut up.

About 5 minutes after the call ends my fiance gets a facebook message from Ryan saying that he didn't want to say this on the call in case he got "attacked" but if it were him he'd get a paternity test and a prenup ASAP. My fiance and I earn about the same amount and I can't believe I have to clarify this but I would never cheat on him.

So I called Ryan. We talked for about 10 minutes and the short version is that he said he was just being honest and I said no one asked him to. At one point he implied I intentionally got pregnant so my fiance had to propose and I responded that isn't true and that talking to him when he's being cynical is "loving exhausting".

Ryan hung up and now I'm getting messages from my sister demanding I apologise for saying talking to him is "loving exhausting". I've said I'm not apologising until Ryan does and she says Ryan won't apologise so it's on me to be the more mature person (Ryan is 37, I am 29) and make amends because I really upset him with the comment about his cynicism being "loving exhausting", and if I apologise "for being a bitch" (sister's words) then she will talk to Ryan about his attitude.

AITA for what I said/not apologising?

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

Motherfucker posted:

Oops,

People defending bra kid, jumpsuit man. All the other horrible hot takes in here.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for saying talking to my sister's boyfriend can be "loving exhausting"?

"not allowing a piece of poo poo to be a piece of poo poo means you are wrong"

hate this attitude and the abusive boomer mindset that spawns it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Oops,

People defending bra kid, jumpsuit man. All the other horrible hot takes in here.

It’s not really a hot take to defend a kid being lovely to another sibling for being lovely.

It’s kind of how most kids behave. A sexist angle was always a reach and more a hot take than anything.

Siblings can be assholes to each other but most grow out of it

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

"then she will talk to Ryan about his attitude"

No she won't. Even if she did he wouldn't listen/care.

Nothing would change and no one would learn anything, a happy ending for Ryan.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

i can't even imagine being Ryan's girlfriend, like the sheer embarrassment of dating the piece of poo poo that intentionally ruins an engagement/pregnancy announcement would transport my soul to an astral realm.

obviously the sister is still a piece of poo poo for going along with it, but I can't help but think she's in deep denial that it's never going to get better and he'll never change, and it's not everyone else's fault.

he's loving 37 years old and he's acting like some edgy kid.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
She’s still inviting him to the wedding :laffo:

threelemmings
Dec 4, 2007
A jellyfish!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

i can't even imagine being Ryan's girlfriend, like the sheer embarrassment of dating the piece of poo poo that intentionally ruins an engagement/pregnancy announcement would transport my soul to an astral realm.

obviously the sister is still a piece of poo poo for going along with it, but I can't help but think she's in deep denial that it's never going to get better and he'll never change, and it's not everyone else's fault.

he's loving 37 years old and he's acting like some edgy kid.

I ran through the comments cause if someone acted like that to my wife and then messaged me on the side I'd want to kick em so hard their balls come out their throat. The whole post just got worse and worse.

Predictably, one of the things the sister likes most about him is he "tells it like it is." Additionally:

quote:

Ryan didn't even tell my sister he never wanted to get married until 5 years in. He bought her a "promise ring" and the "promise" he made her was that they'd never get married. She'd dreamed of getting married up until this point and thought he had too. Ryan is a piece of work.

threelemmings fucked around with this message at 02:04 on May 4, 2020

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost

threelemmings posted:

I ran through the comments cause if someone acted like that to my wife and then messaged me on the side I'd want to kick em so hard their balls come out their throat. The whole post just got worse and worse.

Predictably, one of the things the sister likes most about him is he "tells it like it is." Additionally:

What a colossal POS.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s not really a hot take to defend a kid being lovely to another sibling for being lovely.

It’s kind of how most kids behave. A sexist angle was always a reach and more a hot take than anything.

Siblings can be assholes to each other but most grow out of it

You can argue she’s in the wrong as well, without making the giant leap into thinking he’s actually in the right here and totally normal for cutting up her bras and commenting on her chest. It’s weird and creepy.

Put yourself in her shoes. That’s disturbing as poo poo.

Flowers for QAnon fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 4, 2020

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

just when you thought you were out... tha discourse... it pulls ya back in...

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ok the promise ring thing takes it to high comedy. Id probably cut my sibling out of my life if they put up with that

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
The hole in the ring should be filled to symbolize that the relationship is a dead end. More like a ribbed coin.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
It must be heartbreaking, to find out your sister is an idiot

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

henkman posted:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

i missed the bit about him being 37 and had assumed he was like 19

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Invisible Clergy posted:

My husband [M27] turned our living room into a farm

I am disappointed there were no literally couch potatoes

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Machai posted:

I am disappointed there were no literally couch potatoes

i was hoping for chickens :(

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

Barudak posted:

Id probably cut my sibling out of my life if they put up with that

Good idea, so what is our intrepid op going to do instead

quote:

IDK if I can do that to my sister. If she's coming Ryan has to come, and if I don't invite my sister it'll break my parent's hearts. I've talked to my parents about it and they've asked me to overlook Ryan's whole... thing for the sake of my sister.

quote:

He's definitely going to say something but on reflection I'm pretty sure he's saying this poo poo to get a reaction so I'll probably just ignore him on the day.

Well you see anti-wedding guy *has* to be invited to the wedding even though she knows he’s definitely going to do his best to ruin it

henkman posted:

The whole family is

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Licarn posted:

Good idea, so what is our intrepid op going to do instead

Well you see anti-wedding guy *has* to be invited to the wedding even though she knows he’s definitely going to do his best to ruin it

The whole family is

let me guess. Fuckball attends weddings, drinks all the free booze and eats fancy dinner, hits on Aunt Jane; but refuses to bring a gift (or let sister bring a gift) or rent a tux cause "he doesn't believe in marriage"

I'm surprised to learn the sister is 35 (and thus only 2 years younger) but I do wonder how long before he manages to hook up with some 20-something and kick sis to the curb. (It is inconceivable that he's not already trying.)

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Licarn posted:

She’s still inviting him to the wedding :laffo:

The best part is if they didn't invite Ryan "because we know you hate these things and don't believe in them" you know how upset he'd be over being denied a public platform like that.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

SoftNum posted:

let me guess. Fuckball attends weddings, drinks all the free booze and eats fancy dinner, hits on Aunt Jane; but refuses to bring a gift (or let sister bring a gift) or rent a tux cause "he doesn't believe in marriage"

I'm surprised to learn the sister is 35 (and thus only 2 years younger) but I do wonder how long before he manages to hook up with some 20-something and kick sis to the curb. (It is inconceivable that he's not already trying.)

The breakup: "You're starting to look old and can no longer satisfy me sexually. Don't be angry, it's just my opinion."

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im assuming he has already cheated multiple times, or I guess more accurately to his character, tried and failed multiple times

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Why did I miss out on this hookup? Didn’t drive fast enough?

quote:

Tl;dr made out with a friend, she told me to drop her home last, i didn’t. I later texted her asking for me to come over to her house, she said yeah and that she will change, and when I got there no reply/no phone call pickup

21m why did I miss out on this hookup?

Why did I miss out on this hookup? Not driving to her house ASAP ?

Could I have hooked up with her if I drove faster?

Did I have a chance at the hookup?

*this happened before quarantine * Ok so I’m 21m and I have a friend who’s 20f and I’ve known her for 4 years, we are pretty close, let’s name her Sydney. Me and Sydney live in the same city and goto the same university. A friend who’s 21f that I met 1.5 years ago decided to transfer to the same city as us to pursue university here. Let’s name her Brook.

Me and brook had some college classes together 1.5 years ago and were study buddies for some time. She had a boyfriend at the time and none of us really made a move with each other. She is a solid 9 tho. I wouldn’t date Brook at all, we just aren’t compatible but I would for sure hookup with her ahah. So when I find out that Brook is moving to my city, me and Sydney think it’s a good idea to invite her to goto a restaurant for drinks and for her to meet Sydney and to also show her the city. So we go for drinks and we are all talking and telling stories and Brook tells us how her and a friend saw me on tinder and that she never thought I would be on tinder. We just laugh it off and I tell her how it’s kinda the norm to be on tinder when your living in a big city etc etc. Brook also tells us how she broke up with her boyfriend and that she was seeing someone new but they’re kinda open now/not really together. Brook tells us that she wants to go check out the clubs so all 3 of us go to the club.

I wasn’t drinking that night since I drove and wasn’t expecting us to even go out to a club but we ended up at the club. Brook and Sydney started drinking and doing tequila and getting tipsy and we were all dancing and stuff, and then I see Brook and Sydney whispering something to each other and then Brook comes up to me and says “oh Sydney said you think I’m hot” and then I say “ahah why bla bla” and then we start making out hard and dancing and stuff for like 10 mins. We didn’t really talk just make out and I didn’t make the next move since I kinda felt bad that she was tipsy and I was sober . I text Sydney Becuase I don’t see her on the dance floor anymore so I text her and she tells me how she’s not feeling well and that she wants to go home.

So we all end up leaving the club and we all get in our car. Sydney says to drop her off first but I was like no we will drop Brook off first and then I’ll drop Sydney last Becuase I was going to take care of Sydney since she was feeling sick, I didn’t want to drop her off home alone. Secondly I knew if I didn’t take “care” of Sydney, she would have freaked out at me the next day. But then Brook says to drop Sydney off first since she’s feeling sick but I didnt listen due to the above . So we drop off Brook and then I take Sydney home and get her water and everything etc. It was alreayd like 2 am at this time. I also got a text from Brook a little bit after dropping broom home saying “text me when you drop Sydney off!”

I don’t know if this was for her to ask about Sydney or just making sure I get home safe or idk ahah

I then reply like 20 mins later once I’m home and I decide that I’m going to try hooking up with Brook while I have the chance rn. It had already been like 30 mins since I dropped her off but I texted her and made an excuse about how I wanted to come over to talk about what happened with Sydney ( I know shityy excuse but I had no other excuse why I had to goto her house at like 3 am ahah)

Brook replied and say yeah sure I will change! So I tell her I’m coming. The drive to her house was only 3 mins away but I decided it would be a good idea to take a quick shower so it took me like 10 mins to get there mins to get there. So when I text her I’m there, she doesn’t reply. I tried calling her a couple times and texting her again and no reply and so I ended up leaving and texting her “I tbink you fell asleep all good we can talk tomorrow” or something like that.

She then texts me like 5 hours later the next morning and asks “did we kiss last night??” And then she apologized for kissing me and then there’s that.

So my question is that does it seeem like Brook actually just fell asleep? Or does it seem like she kinda sobered up and decided that me coming over was not a good idea and therefore ignored my calls and texts and tried falling asleep. I literally like 3 mins away from her and I could have been there super quick. It ended up taking me 10 mins Becuase I decided taking a quick shower would have been a good idea. So idk if I just drove to her house ASAP if I could have got it in

I am just curious if I had a chance to sleep with her that night.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for constantly bringing up the times my dad's new wife called me a slur?

quote:

My dad remarried when I was in high school. His new wife, I'll call her Susan, always seemed to have a problem with me.

I overheard her fighting with my dad when I was a high schooler, referring to me as "that human being" and stuff like that. This wasn't just once, it was a bunch of times.

I am a bisexual woman btw.

Anyway, I went to college and stayed well away from home and from Susan for most of two years.

One time in freshman year my dad convinced me to come home for family Christmas. I told him I'd really like to hear Susan apologize for her language when I was home. He said she would. But after coming home, she didn't. She was honestly pretty cold to me.

At dinner my parents had placecards that Susan had made. Mine wasn't on there, and I felt like it might have been a deliberate thing? I was annoyed and said something that was honestly petty but felt good in the moment. I asked Susan "Hey, where's my namecard? I don't even see one with "human being" on it, I know you thought that was my name for a while."

It caused a huge stir at dinner, like a lot of my cousins around my age and even some of the older relatives thought that word was messed up to say to anyone, let alone family.

Anyway I went back to campus early after that and didn't come back home for years. I'd stay on campus over the summer for summer classes and internships.

But then, campus closed recently because of covid. I wanted to get a job so I could get an apartment. I actually got a job at a grocery store. And I was trying to find an apartment but it was hard in my budget. I was crashing at a friend's for the time being.

Then I got a call from my dad saying he'd found out college was closed and he wanted me to come home. He promised stuff with Susan would be better, she'd changed. He wanted to make stuff right. He also really didn't want me working in a grocery store right now.

So I agreed, I'd go home.

And at first stuff was OK, but honestly Susan's been pretty obnoxious. She's kind of a control freak about the home, and it's stressful. She's also seemed to want to mother me in a weird way, chastising me for being out too late, for the study hours I choose etc...

I've started just referring to myself as human being since I can tell it makes her uncomfortable to be reminded of the way she's called me that. (Though apparently not uncomfortable enough to ever apologize?)

And she finally blew up at me for being petty, for being profane, for bringing up something that happened years ago.

I said that I didn't understand why she was bothered by that word so much, she chose to call me that first. I didn't do anything but use a name she'd given me, and never apologised for. And maybe things would be different if she apologized.

She still hasn't apologised...

AITA for not letting my dad's wife forgot about the times she called me a slur?

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Smirking_Serpent posted:

how dare you remind me of my own lovely behavior that i refuse to apologize for!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Smirking_Serpent posted:

now that's a fuckin power move. good on em

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The fact that she wants her to stop using the word but refuses to apologize for having said it in the first place is really telling, isn't it.

Continue dunking on the stepmom. Do not let up for even an instant, no matter what.

Evil Willow
Apr 26, 2007
Bored now...
My MIL just threw out all of my groceries. Grocery stores are out of stock and I'm losing my mind.

quote:

Due to reasons, my MIL had to move in with my husband and I for a while. I'm South Asian, my husband is white.

Indian food is what I was raised eating and I love it to this day. Due to stay at home orders I suddenly have a lot more time to cook than I did before. I stocked my kitchen with rice, different spices and whatever else I would need to make what I wanted.

My husband doesn't mind and enjoys the food. My MIL on the other hand, does not. She's never liked me. Some stuff she says include "what kind of people use their hands to eat? Just use a knife and spoon like normal people". My husband has stuck up for me on all those occasions before, but having to live with her 24/7 is wearing him down.

After she moved in, she immediately started complaining. "Why does that smell so strong? It'll cling to the walls. Stop that." or "God, are you really feeding my son that crap? Just eat normal American food."

I know quarantine is taking its toll on everyone, so I decided to stay quiet. My husband did try to talk to her once, but that fell on deaf ears. Like always.

I woke up yesterday morning, go downstairs. Chat with husband and MIL for a while. Go into the kitchen, open my pantry, and there. is. nothing. My rice, spices, flour everything has been cleaned out. I had a rice dispensing machine that I got a few years back and that was missing too.

I go to the fridge, and besides milk, bread, butter, jam and eggs there was nothing. I get my husband and ask him what happened to the food. He looks in confusion until MIL pipes up and says that she threw everything out. When asked why, she simply says "My child isn't used to eating your types of food. Just make him what Americans eat" And heck did that piss me off. She has this insane thing about not acknowledging that I am American, or when she does she tells people that I got my citizenship through marriage.

Wrong on all accounts. I was born here and so were the last 4 generations of my family. I go grocery shopping and they were out of stock on basically everything. I come home and she still has the audacity to ask why I'm not cooking like I usually do.

EDIT: He did tell her that what she did was unacceptable and horrible. but we haven't threatened her with eviction just yet. I'm thinking of reaching out to my SIL to see if she'd take her in. My MIL's problem with moving to SIL's is that she'd be far from her friends. I don't even care anymore. We're in the middle of a pandemic, she shouldn't even be seeing her friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

wow i'm sure her husband is really gonna make his mom see the error of her ways, to be a fly on the wall when he confronts her and tells her that he's really mad this time