Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

When you almost get it, but your job depends on you not getting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Zodium posted:

no one is going to ask about your respirator. because of the implication.

lol

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Zodium posted:

Yeah, I seriously doubt anyone would. It was just a dumb thought I had.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Bullfrog posted:

how in hell are those fire extinguishers not doing jack poo poo. that is insane

https://twitter.com/cooperlund/status/1488233960652120072

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Joementum posted:

i would simply get the vaccine

warning: this is a video of a man setting himself on fire

https://twitter.com/INVESTMENTSHULK/status/1488211524262977542

lmfao god drat

if i ever set myself on fire to prove a point about something, i would be so mad if someone tried to put me out

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Eyyyyyyyyyyy! *self-immolates*

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Joementum posted:

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Grey Fox posted:

I think he might be?? his head looks covered

otherwise I feel like your body's pain response would not be just walking around casually

That's what I'm thinking. He looks like he's in one of those stunt suits. And actual flaming people tend to you know, not wander around casually.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
second round of covid for one of my nephews.

Sorry little guy. Not much else I can say

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

So he was also a cop.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

florid latin man gestures himself to death

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

McCracAttack posted:

https://twitter.com/MilesKlee/status/1488204404347977729?s=20&t=01WTdBP1OE0w8gBGtah_wA

Huh, I wonder why doctors are all doom and gloom right now?

Edit: GOD drat IT!!!

Tone policing death itself

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Holy poo poo, I was actually considering doing exactly that -- setting up a mask link source and handing out business cards with the link to randos that ask where to get one.
yeah it's made sharing the info way easier than explaining what zoro/grainger/industrysafety/etc is and where to go
here,

Carlton Banks Teller posted:

Buffed off all the rough edges while keeping it (I hope) accurate and easy to digest and printable on standard Avery business card templates/10-up per page brands:

Side 1:

full page pdf download

Side 2:

full page pdf download

Dummy simple, perhaps too much so, but hey. I'm dummy. Tried to also make it something you could just leave places, so...
edit: updated for a better side 1

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

McCracAttack posted:

https://twitter.com/MilesKlee/status/1488204404347977729?s=20&t=01WTdBP1OE0w8gBGtah_wA

Huh, I wonder why doctors are all doom and gloom right now?

Edit: GOD drat IT!!!

Infectious disease made worse by blue checkmarks

Raivin
Jan 9, 2002
Pillbug

[COVID] : it is serious

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Zodium posted:

lmao

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Joementum posted:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Eyyyyyyyyyyy! *self-immolates*

I burn-a da face-a!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

covid has also gotten me to burn some herbs

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

lmao so close

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Zodium posted:

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Having to wear a mask at the grocery store is "apocolyptic".

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Raivin posted:

[COVID] : it is serious

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

WrasslorMonkey posted:

I burn-a da face-a!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

mama mia

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
I commend the italian man's choice to graph his clothing to his skin and permanently destroy his body instead of getting a shot and think more people should do it.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I skipped some pages this morning so maybe this was already posted but Moderna has full FDA approval now

https://twitter.com/moderna_tx/status/1488182236671361037

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I'm not misquoting anything, it's literally what you said. I read your post.

CPU Abuser is absolutely correct in the way they are approaching this. we are in an information war. exposing yourself to memetic agents makes you more susceptible to them just like covid particles. The more you talk to and socialize with "open Biden covid is over" folk the more their attitude will become normalized in yourself. until you are suddenly putting yourself in danger!

friends? not even once :colbert:

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Bullfrog posted:

how in hell are those fire extinguishers not doing jack poo poo. that is insane

My neighbor's house burned down and my panic addled brain grabbed a 5 gallon bucket of water like that was gonna help the raging inferno next door

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Thoguh posted:

They don't care that they can do everything they want. As long as there are other people that are being cautious and trying not to catch COVID they can't feel normal. They don't want to see a mask ever again and they don't want to see anything ever cancelled or postponed because someone is sick or got exposed.

I got quite a bit of anger and confusion from customers pre-pandemic when I worked retail and would wear a surgical mask and gloves to dust and wipe hard-to-reach surfaces in the store once or twice a month. I would sometimes get called up to the registers to help the main cashier, and I would leave on my latex gloves or mask during check out. Considering how normal it is in countries in Asia, where I have family and have lived nearly a decade, the responses from Americans seeing me in gloves and a mask were generally negative. Some of my favorite quotes were:

"Do you have CANCER??" *Steps back with a look of fear on her face*

"You should take that off when you greet customers, I can't see your face."

"What's with the gloves? Do you have a skin disease?"

"So now you're just going to make me sick when you touch my stuff?"

When I saw all the anti-mask arguments coming out at the beginning of the pandemic, none of them were surprising to me. Some people have a mental association of fear (leading to anger) at the idea of PPE anywhere outside of a hospital. PPE = there is a problem or danger. If someone wants to believe there is no problem and no danger, seeing a reminder of one will flip them out. It's the same with goons (myself included) who have seen others adjust their masks when seeing us in an elastomeric.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Thoguh posted:

I skipped some pages this morning so maybe this was already posted but Moderna has full FDA approval now

https://twitter.com/moderna_tx/status/1488182236671361037

whew, finally the people that have held out getting vaccinated because it wasn't fully approved by the FDA will see this and get vaccinated.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Rutibex posted:

CPU Abuser is absolutely correct in the way they are approaching this. we are in an information war. exposing yourself to memetic agents makes you more susceptible to them just like covid particles. The more you talk to and socialize with "open Biden covid is over" folk the more their attitude will become normalized in yourself. until you are suddenly putting yourself in danger!

friends? not even once :colbert:

The sublime truth of war is expressed not by what happens between warmachines, but by that which transpires between warmachines and War, and which entails the extinction of warmachines once and for all. The Sadean conspiracy of war stands against every tactically-driven regulation of warmachines inspired by an individual or collective impetus to survival. Only by devouring all warmachines, regardless of their ferocity or adaptability, does war reach a terminal plane of autonomy out of which pure Strategy rises as the ultimate ethics of war. The ethics of war is only attainable when the tactics associated with warmachines reach a malignant multiplicity for which both the designatory plane of tactics and the line of command become redundant.

The contamination between conspiracy theories and what is customarily viewed as ’real politics' is mutual and irreversible. If the state uses a strategic weapon to distract the masses, this does not mean that the weapon always functions properly or reaches the intended target. Strategy is a two-edged sword; contrary to the command perspective, the presence of strategy in the battlefield testifies against its fidelity and alliance. Strategic weapons are not merely autonomous in their versatility, but also in their departure from the line of command. The use of trash politics by the state might conform to its micro-politics of anti-resistance, but like all strategic weapons, trash politics have ambitions of their own.

:nsa:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

PITY BONER posted:

"Do you have CANCER??" *Steps back with a look of fear on her face*

ah yes, airborne infectious cancer

nudejedi
Mar 5, 2002

Shanghai Tippytap

Cloks posted:

covid has also gotten me to burn some herbs

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Louisgod posted:

I commend the italian man's choice to graph his clothing to his skin and permanently destroy his body instead of getting a shot and think more people should do it.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

wish i had enough money to gently caress off to a cabin in the woods permanently

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

ah yes, airborne infectious cancer

Yes, covid does that

Unless
Jul 24, 2005

I art

Zeroisanumber posted:

Remember that day that Trump got Covid from his side-piece? That was the funniest day ever.

Ebola Roulette
Sep 13, 2010

No matter what you win lose ragepiss.

We're plateauing at the equivalent of the Christmas peak of 2020-2021 but sure they've declined

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

now lets see if covid agrees that we can all move along...

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1488201932267270148

I wish I could move away from the pandemic. China doesn't want me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Joementum posted:

:stare: