Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Looking forward to this new season.

And as an aside, because I probably think about it whenever I think of the show is the scene where Tom Welling is describing his healing to Lucifer and gets almost excited to explain his ideas about it when Luci cuts him off with "yes yes wolverine healing I get it" and Cain just slumps because he was so eager to go into detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Ah, the ol master molecule theory...

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
Reminder: Season 5 part 1 dropping August 21. We'll be having one sexy devil on our screen again really soon now.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
TONIGHT. IT BEGINS.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

TONIGHT. IT BEGINS.

I am ready.

Rappaport fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Aug 21, 2020

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

IT'S HAPPENING!

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm unreasonably happy to see Lee back

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So how long before we can change the thread title to Lieutenant ¡Diablo! Season 5

e:
E4- :quagmire: also I think the same people that were mad about the Good Place ending are gonna be mad at Lilith

Azhais fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Aug 21, 2020

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rappaport posted:

I am ready.

This and her salad eating GIF from Dexter are two of my favorite GIFs.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Azhais posted:

So how long before we can change the thread title to Lieutenant ¡Diablo! Season 5

We can't have spoilers in the thread title but it would be good to have it changed to reflect season 5.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

First episode of the season feels much goofier than usual. I think.

e: I like the idea of in-parallel investigations.

e2:

Azhais posted:

Lucifer - Whose hell is it anyway?

itry fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Aug 21, 2020

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

I can't believe how much Trixie's grown.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Lucifer season 5: Are you in good hands?

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Spoilers for episode 5:

I guess they found a way to patch up why in the pilot Lucifer didn't get shot. At least I'm pretty sure that whole vulnerability thing was added after the pilot was already done.

itry fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Aug 21, 2020

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
Heh, this is fun so far.

Episode three and four in particular seems like they're just letting themselves be goofy.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Lucifer Season 5: You can't find a soulmate if you don't have a soul

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

First episode of Season 5 Dan being into crossfit and self help stuff is really on the nose

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Lucifer Season 5 - Mmmm those look like some good drugs.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

The Lord Bude posted:

I can't believe how much Trixie's grown.

Scarlet Estevez turns 13 this December 4. Figure she was 7-8 when the first season filmed.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Well this was extremely fun! Some goony criticisms of the season so far in spoilers Tom Ellis's yankee accent is atrocius, but I'm not sure if that's on purpose since Michael is meant to be a total loser? And Lilith being identical to Maze was sort of lame, but maybe she wanted a singing part for the goofy episode? She was good at it! A lot of fighting scenes this time around too, that was great. And obviously we had to end on a cliff-hanger, but Dad actually showing up? Dang!

I tried googling this but teevee show 'news' websites are one of the more horrendous things on the Internet, we have no idea when the rest of the season will air, do we?

Rappaport fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Aug 22, 2020

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Enjoyed the first episode and the different dynamic

Episode 2 Sharon Osbourne! Great little scene. Good to see Coby Bell in something. Loved him in Burn Notice

Edit: Episode 4 Trixie is the best

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Aug 22, 2020

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

This whole thing with Michael just reminds me that Lucifer killing Ezekiel never really got a proper follow-up. I mean character-wise it's resolved, but you'd think there'd be some serious fallout from a theological point of view.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I presume that this Lucifer imposter thing is going to keep going the whole released bunch of episodes?

--edit: Thank God not. Of course now probably it keeps going on with Chloe not trusting OG Lucifer..

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Aug 22, 2020

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Combat Pretzel posted:

I presume that this Lucifer imposter thing is going to keep going the whole released bunch of episodes?

Not sure if you wanted an actual spoilery answer but here it is, at least as far as episode 6: not really, Chloe works it out by the end of episode 2, and then he fades into the background. He appears to be the big bad of the season but in more of a 'working in the background to sir up poo poo' kinda way. Lucifer gives him a big scar across the face after he's caught the first time so he can't impersonate him any more.

I was really worried about that plotline when I saw the trailer, because I absolutely hate watching any sort of plots revolving around protagonists being impersonated by other people or framed for things. but it looks like they're taking it in another direction thankfully.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

The Lord Bude posted:

I was really worried about that plotline when I saw the trailer, because I absolutely hate watching any sort of plots revolving around protagonists being impersonated by other people or framed for things. but it looks like they're taking it in another direction thankfully.
Same reason, that's why I asked.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Episode 8 spoilers.

Well that was obvious. I knew something was wrong about him the moment he first appeared on screen

Edit: Holy crap I just finished the episodes and I was not expecting that.

The Lord Bude fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Aug 22, 2020

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

Episode 5: Ahahahaha, they put the Katy Perry stuff in there.

OmniBeer
Jun 5, 2011

This is no time to
remain stagnant!
Hahahaha, holy hell, finished the season, and that was a THING. I'm pumped for more episodes in the future.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

hows the HDR on this? watched the first episode but been waiting

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I sure hope they drop the bomb on Ella by end of the season.

--edit: I'm surprised he isn't one of the Franco brothers.

Combat Pretzel fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Aug 22, 2020

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Lucifer season 5 : did you or did you not request a gender balanced narrative?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
This show is so loving stupid - I love it!

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

ded posted:

Lucifer season 5 : did you or did you not request a gender balanced narrative?

This for suuuuuure

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Love this stupid show and will be sad when it's gone. Apparently they had to stop filming during the final episode and don't have a schedule for going back. So who knows when we'll see the second half of this season.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Man, I'm really digging this season. I've got some suspicious feelings about Ella's new boyfriend, though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just finished up this season's first part, and drat. Just...drat.

Can't wait for part 2!

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

So we're getting a second half to this season, and then another final season? if so, hell yes

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yep, season 5 part 2 (another 8 episodes I believe) and then a final season 6. Netflix basically threw money at them and asked for a final final season, apparently the ratings on the show are insanely good.

Honestly they can keep it going as long as Supernatural for all I care. It's a fun show.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Yep, season 5 part 2 (another 8 episodes I believe) and then a final season 6. Netflix basically threw money at them and asked for a final final season, apparently the ratings on the show are insanely good.

Honestly they can keep it going as long as Supernatural for all I care. It's a fun show.

I read in an article that at least in North America, Lucifer is the highest rated Netflix show of all time. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this time next year we find out they managed to negotiate a surprise 7th season. At a minimum I hope they end up extending season 6 into two 8 episode parts like they did for season 5. 8 episodes is a reasonable length for a netflix show so it kinda feels like season 5 is two seasons rather than one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

I'm not sure the final final season was a good thing, because how the first half of season 5 ends, it lays the groundwork for ending it in season 5.

Now tacking on a sixth season, this'll either veer off completely or turn into Family Matters, with what God showing up and there kind of being an expectancy to stick around for season 6 in some capacity. At least if he does for the rest of season 5. Can't turn into a no show again, after all that railing about it by Lucifer all preceding seasons.