Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
:f5h:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-gpZmcQrx0

XenoCrab

XenoCrab is the least important character in the Alien movie franchise. He's not even in the top ten characters.
As a lurker who only occasionally stumbles into BYOB, I'm so glad I found this awesome thread. Amazing work by BR and everyone else!

blaise rascal posted:

Also, the deadline to send me your chorus parts to "Everybody Wants to Be a Cat" is this wednesday! So if you don't get them in by then, you will not be a part of this project!

Here's my chorus part (apologies for the mouth sounds, but I edited most of the grunts out at least): https://voca.ro/1kjh13YEvacs

Manifisto

XenoCrab posted:

As a lurker who only occasionally stumbles into BYOB, I'm so glad I found this awesome thread. Amazing work by BR and everyone else!

Here's my chorus part (apologies for the mouth sounds, but I edited most of the grunts out at least): https://voca.ro/1kjh13YEvacs

yay! welcome and thanks for your contribution!

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."

XenoCrab posted:

Yay!!! If this thread got someone new to post in byob, then I'd say it was a success! Hope you consider sticking around a bit, and thanks for the amazing vocals! (disclaimer: I have not listened to your track yet but I assume it's amazing)
I'm working on this one now. Actually, I'm just gonna go ahead and say that after this one, requests are officially closed. But the thread ain't over yet; I have this song to do, and then Everybody Wants To Be A Cat, and then maybe one or two surprises to finish things up. Thank you all for coming with me on this journey so far! With all the songs we've created together, I'm certain we'll finally get our well-deserved invitation into club 33!

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

blaise rascal

What the heck is this? A box????

Wait a minute? Could it be...?

It is! A child's plastic toy! Quick, let's record a song on it! Here is Khanstant's request, featuring my new jhorn on the second half of the song!
https://vocaroo.com/1o70saZVKAA0

SIDS Vicious

You are so insanely talented <3

blaise rascal

Sid Vicious posted:

You are so insanely talented <3
Thanks so much, Sid! To be honest, I made this thread to make myself try new things with my music. The fact that some of you have enjoyed these mistake-filled songs, and that so many people have collaborated, has been an unexpected surprise! But a very appreciated one!

Areola Grande

:neckbeard: :golfclap:

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
You've brought BYOB together in a successful project, you should give yourself credit for that friend, cos it ain't easy!

Everybody wants to be a cat after all!

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

pecan

whoah, huge fan of this tiny tuba

blaise rascal

pecan posted:

whoah, huge fan of this tiny tuba

Here is my verdict on the jhorn: I was hoping it would be a decent replacement for a trumpet or euphonium. I played those instruments for 9 years in marching band, but I've never bought one because they are expensive, tough to maintain, and (in the case of the euphonium) bulky. This plastic practice instrument is a fraction of the cost, appears indestructible, and is super small! Unfortunately, it doesn't quite live up to being a substitute for a real brass instrument because it is quiet, and hard to tune, and the sound is quite tinny and unsatisfying. I think it's fine I got it - it's a minor investment and allows me to make some crappy music for byob - but I still would love to own a nice brass instrument (or two!) someday.

Actually, what might be even more useful, is if I purchase a better mic for recording instruments. My current mic is only specialized for vocals. There are so many fun things for me to buy! (someday)

SIDS Vicious

if you steal them you can keep your money and have the instruments too, life hack big business doesn't want you to know about

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

blaise rascal posted:

https://vocaroo.com/1k2B8RgctQjh

This one was also a bit experimental: a barbershop quartet arrangement of this song!

It made me laugh, if nothing else.

:wow:

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

blaise rascal

Well, today is the final day of disney songs, my friends. But before we're done, I present the reworked Everybody Wants To Be A Cat!!!! This track now features the "rinky tinky tinky" line (you're welcome manifisto) as well as a dazzling vocal solo by City of Glompton! And at the end, there's a choir of seven byob posters that must be heard to be believed! Thanks so much to Jinh, Chewbecca, City of Glompton, Heather Papps, Manifisto, nut (rip), and xenocrab! (If you sent me vocals but I forgot to stick them into the song please let me know!)

https://vocaroo.com/14iHiUKF2fgN

blaise rascal

But that’s not all folks! We’re going out in style, with a brand new version of a song from Beauty and the Beast, with custom lyrics written by myself. I request you go into this one blind, and only after you’ve listened to it, check out my lyrics in the next post.

https://vocaroo.com/1142LiIrtHrI

blaise rascal

little page in the SA forums
every post better than the last
little place full of little posters
waking up to say...
just post
just post
just post

there goes the wednesday frog like every wednes day
a brand new schmarson pic to share
every Wednesday just the same
since the wednesday that I came
to this b y o b place "gmungo poster"

gmungo wednesday frog “where you off to!”
The welcome hello and chat thread! I just finished recording my dog making these whistling sounds in her sleep I know everyone will want to see the video
“that's nice. My dudes! hurry up!”

there's manifisto with his 3d renders
thanks to one goon we all can blend
now I’m here in nut’s clydestown
and the rain is pouring down
no denying it's a funny place that byob

goodnight
mods knew
time to get posting
free nut
fart gently caress hell
where is the ring?
show us your pets
turn off your screen man (ooo)
there can't be more to forums than this byob

ahh gmungo
gmungo butttheshitmanfart. Back to my thread so soon? I couldn’t wait to see if you’ve posted Ah, have I ever! Feast your eyes on the hundreds of posts I’ve made lately
Oh gosh this one’s so so good!
(laughing) If you like it all that much, it’s yours
a post from butttheshitman fart? Just for me? But sir!
I insist!
Well thank you! Thank you very much!

oh here come some gbs goons

look there it is that byob is so peculiar
I hope it gets deleted soon
with a purple and blue look
and a byorabian book
what a puzzle to the rest of us is byob

sexual snail with titties
humnan snail that I’m attracted to
look isn't she so pretty
But she won’t be posted in this thread until page two

the goblin thread has got some brand new artwork
and luvcow’s cyoa too
and at midnight gmt
there’s a film for us to see

it really is a wondrous place
yes really it’s an awesome place
it really is a crazy place that byob

annd post
wow you posted up a storm blaise rascal! You’re the greatest poster in the whole world!
I know!
I bet you could conquer any forum you post in!
It’s true and I’ve got my sights set on that one!
B Y O B?
That’s the one! The lucky forum to which I’ll endear myself forever.
But how will you do that?
the quickest way to the heart of any internet forum: self-referential music!
Well, your music is pretty good..
Good? My music is the best! So why shouldn’t I post it in the forum that’s the best?
Right from the moment when I met it saw it
I said this place could be my stage
They will all put down their bongs
When they hear my disney songs
I am going to get a five star thread in byob

I love (oh poo poo) your sig (weed rear end)
vanisher made it (I’m depressed)
I’d like (hell same) to help (carefully)
lurkers must post (1x per month)
that poor (naw girl) milk ape (smoobled again)
don’t post your dick, please (australia)

there can't be more to forums than this byob
just watch I’ll post a great thingamabob!

Look here it is this place is strange but special
Let’s all go shitpost on the job
It’s a pity and a fix
That we can’t give byob a six

it really is a funny place
it’s odd but it’s a funny place
it really is a funny place
that byob
just post
just post
just post just post just post

blaise rascal fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Nov 9, 2020

blaise rascal

....that, uh, out of the way, I have one final song. Here is You’ve Got a Friend in Me. It’s a song that expresses how I feel about you all. No custom lyrics, just a parting gift from me to you. Special thanks go out to my sister for providing violin on this track!

https://vocaroo.com/17BaOqqrGDuY

And that’s all, folks! I heard a bit of chatter about goldmining this thread, but that is not a good idea, since vocaroo deletes its tracks over time. Perhaps someday I’ll host these songs in a more permanent place, but I won’t have time for that until January at the earliest. So for now, let’s wave goodbye to this thread as it heads to the archives. Thanks for accompanying me on this journey! Tata for now.

SIDS Vicious

That was seriously beautiful and I think I speak for everyone when I say you've got a friend in us as well

City of Glompton

blaise rascal posted:

But that’s not all folks! We’re going out in style, with a brand new version of a song from Beauty and the Beast, with custom lyrics written by myself. I request you go into this one blind, and only after you’ve listened to it, check out my lyrics in the next post.

omg i'm dying this is art

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

Heather Papps

hello friend

powerful. POWERFUL.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

pecan

an amazing ending 2 an amazing thread

Areola Grande

Sid Vicious posted:

That was seriously beautiful and I think I speak for everyone when I say you've got a friend in us as well

:agreed:

you've given a new meaning to effortposting, blaise rascal.

:downsbravo: :five: :glomp:

blaise rascal

Thank you all very much! I've made like 3 ish music threads over the years, and I think they've gotten a bit better each time. Maybe some of my songs here are worthy spiritual successors to colorfinger's phenomenal disney covers about mermaid shelly. (they were on tindeck, rip)

I want to give a shout out to Chewbecca and her "just can't wait to log in" lyrics, because they very specifically inspired a lot of things in "that byob" (what i'm calling my cover of Belle). For instance, the line "I think it's time to read a post from butttheshitmanfart" inspired the spoken section in the middle, and the lyrics "everyone saying just post, everyone saying sweet sig" etc. inspired all the villagers going "weed rear end! carefully" etc.

blaise rascal

You all are so nice. Thank you.

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

blaise rascal posted:

Thank you all very much! I've made like 3 ish music threads over the years, and I think they've gotten a bit better each time. Maybe some of my songs here are worthy spiritual successors to colorfinger's phenomenal disney covers about mermaid shelly. (they were on tindeck, rip)

I want to give a shout out to Chewbecca and her "just can't wait to log in" lyrics, because they very specifically inspired a lot of things in "that byob" (what i'm calling my cover of Belle). For instance, the line "I think it's time to read a post from butttheshitmanfart" inspired the spoken section in the middle, and the lyrics "everyone saying just post, everyone saying sweet sig" etc. inspired all the villagers going "weed rear end! carefully" etc.

this -> https://vocaroo.com/17BaOqqrGDuY :glomp: thank you friend!

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Areola Grande

listening to "you've got a friend in me" for a third time and giving myself a hug :lovebird:

Areola Grande

foot hug as is tradition

Jinh

Everybody Wants To Be A Cat was incredible. City of Glompton your voice is amazing thanks so much for lending your talent!

and the cover of Belle was hilarious, definitely a worthy inclusion to the byob self-referential songs library, snuggled up right next to "i just cant wait to log in." plus you did a really good gaston

Sid Vicious posted:

Jinh fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Nov 9, 2020

thanks so much cda <3

google THIS

blaise rascal posted:

Manifisto

omg talk about going out with a bang! amazing, each and every one.

thank you for the "rinky tinky tinky" but the whole of "evr'ybody" came together really well, except for maybe some of us singing the final section at different speeds (thank you for not naming names). glompton your solo was glorious, thanks for contributing it!

your custom version of "bonjour" is brilliant and hilarious, and your cover of "you've got a friend in me" is just real nice. you've set the bar very high, friend!

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

missed this thread getting posted and I can't believe I slept on it! fantastic stuff BR and fantastic work everyone else. this really made my night

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!