Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: TheSwizzler, STING 64)

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Welcome to SAW

What Is Something Awful Wrestling?
SAW is a twice weekly wrestling show airing Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9PM Eastern at twitch.tv/tha_swizzler. A roster of Somethingawful posters do battle in fake fake fighting, poster vs poster combat, simulated in WWE2k23.

Can I Join?
Any non-sex criminal goon is eligible to join SAW. We will convert your avatar into a wrestler and put them on the roster. SAW is a forum grudge neutral zone. Whatever you post outside this thread is your own business, keep your posts at posting enemies restricted to promises to throw them off Hell In A Cell, or purchase a deathmatch with SAWbucks. We may deny entry to posters whose rap sheets or avs show them to be sex perverts, or have excessive gang tags per Imp Zone custom.

How do I Join?
Post in this thread. Tell us what subforum you consider "home" (you must have posted in that subforum before) and if you want to be in the men's or women's division. If you're from a non-North American time zone, add that info in as we have special events for Other Country competitors.

I have WWE2k23 and Want To Make My Own Character
You're welcome to. You must base your character on your forums avatar, however. We will also make stat adjustments if it's clear you've tried to create an unstoppable monster. You can upload your character in Community Creations under the tag "somethingawful"

I'm a dude/lady, do I have to pick the men's/women's division?
Nope. Do whatever you want, don't worry about it. You can even purchase MatthewTheMan's gender swap gas with SAWBucks to change divisions.

What are SAWBucks?
By watching streams you earn SAWbucks, you can bet them on the outcome of matches when you watch the card live. SAWBucks can be spent on your own benefit, purchasing title matches or gender swaps, or you can use them on enemies by putting insulting messages on their ring gear, or forcing them into Deathmatches

What's a Deathmatch?
A Deathmatch is a main event match, held a maximum of once per card. The losing wrestler will be removed from the roster and put into "DEAD" status. There are two types of Deathmatches: "Loser Leaves Town" where both competitors are SAW roster members, and "Special Guest" where a special guest character themed around the purchaser's home subforum will fight the target to the death. Wrestlers with the "DEAD" status can be brought back to life with the use of a SAWBucks purchase, a community drive if there is popular demand, or prizes given out for contests or some matches

Do I have to Roleplay?
It rules when people submit content to SAW. Audio promos, video packages, fake commercials, shitpost photoshops. A big part of our content is user-generated, but it's not required. You can sign up once, get your wrestler on the card and never post again and you'll get a few matches, but we'll probably cycle them out to our rotating enhancement roster pretty fast to make room for people who participate more. If you just want to talk trash on your opponents in the thread, go wild. We do have vocaroo imbeds for audio promos, and you can also PM TheSwizzler with the audio if you want it converted into a video promo to be played on the stream.

This is in an Imp Zone subforum, am I an Imp Zone poster now?

The Imp Zone is hosting SAW as the Enclosed Pool Area is the best fit for SAW, but being on the SAW Roster does not confer Imp Zone poster status. Something Awful Wrestling has no official affiliation with the Imp Zone. SAW Cayman Island Holdings Inc. takes no responsibility for damages incurred by roster members thinking they can post in Imp Zone.

You get Subscriptions and Donors on Twitch, where does the money go?
Twitch Payments and Donations are spent on equipment, software and celebrity cameos (once a celebrity agrees to appear, we've tried and will keep trying). The entire production team is given a profit share for their hard work and effort either as direct cash payments or donations to a charity of their choice.

Do You Have a Discord?
Yes, the current link will be set in the OP. We have a pretty relaxed group of people from a wide cross section of subforums and we all get along, do not be weird or bring drama or you will be banned from both the Discord and SAW. We post with joy in our hearts. We also have a very passionate channel for discussion of Korean Television.

Can We Have Gang Tags?
No. We are in the Imp Zone and will respect their customs..

https://twitch.tv/tha_swizzler
We air Tuesdays and Thursdays as 9pm Eastern

Join The Discord! (Don't be weird)
https://discord.gg/qGd3NnuwzR

Wiggly Wayne's Youtube Channel with previous SAW, IZWF and EXP Cards:
https://www.youtube.com/@zylche0

Megamissen's SAW Youtube Channel (Entrances and memes)
https://www.youtube.com/@Megamissen-sa

SAW Merch Store - T-shirts, Mugs and Glasses
https://somethingawfulwrestling.creator-spring.com/

SAWbucks!

You can earn SAWbucks by watching streams and betting on the outcome of matches. Like IZWF we will have various uses for the points you can cash in, and we've added a few extra options.

DEATHMATCHES:

Deathmatch vs a SPECIAL GUEST 10,000 SAWBucks
Your chosen target will be put in a deathmatch against a special guest thematic to their home forum
Only one deathmatch can be booked per show

Loser Leaves Town Deathmatch 15,0000 SAWbucks
YOU will enter the deathmatch against your target, for true blood feuds
Once per month, Loser Leaves Town will be booked for the next PPV

Resurrect a Wrestler 30,000

You may also request a community event to ressurect a wrestler, but it must raise 100,000 SAWbucks

Loser gets probated match 10,000 SAWbucks
You will face an opponent of your choice, the loser of the match will get a 6 hour probe

CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION

Red Custom Title: 5000 SAWbucks
Put an insulting T-shirt or text on a target wrestler's gear

Revert Gear Change: 1000 SAWbucks
Fix your gear after someone hosed with it

Gender Swap Gas: 10000
Matthewtheman's special blend, switch between the men's and women's division

MATCH BOOKING:

Book a Major Title Match 50,000 SAWbucks
Book yourself a match with a challenger of your choice for a Major Title (SAW Men's or Women's World or Tag Titles)

Book a Midcard Title Match 25,000 SAWbucks
Book yourself in a match involving one of our midcard belts (PYF, Flamewar, Larryweight, Kawaii)

Book a match of your choice 15,000 SAWbucks
Book any non-title match you want for the next show (this can be used to attempt to steal entrance props, hats, shoes, etc)

Rosters:

Tag Teams:

SAW Press Kit:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1jM7Mjb8QiepdHVeVshqEyvO4r2LRUFQv

Credits:

Booking Commitee: Stone Cold 64, Tawal and TheSwizzler
Arenas and Belts by Stone Cold 64
Created Wrestlers by Swizzler, Tawal, Hazamuth and KungFuGrip
Community Management by haha what
Video Archiving by Wiggly Wayne DDS
Posters and ads by Hazamuth
Stats and Records by Megamissen and Wiggly Wayne DDS
Video Production: Megamissen, Tawal, ghosthorse, That DICK!, your friend sk, Snooze Cruise
Voice Cast: That DICK!, copy, Hazamuth, TheSwizzler, ddinkins, Namtab, Rags to Liches, Mrs. Swizzler
IZWF Legacy Assets: American McGay, That Little Demon, Subactuality

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ddinkins
Sep 5, 2012

gently caress yeah :letsgo: :letsgo: :letsgo:

I will take up the mantle of David Foster Wallace again and represent SAD

Insetik
Mar 30, 2010

MERRY GLIZZMAS
IZWF was incredible and I'm always down for more wrestlin'.

You know what, my first major interactions back in the day were in the Let's Play subforum of Video Games, and my avatar is from a video game, so put me down for team Video Games!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

imp zone.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

former games IK, current resident of the infinite hallway, metis here

copy
Jul 26, 2007

c-spam :unsmigghh: until homeless friend or somebody else comes here

copy
Jul 26, 2007

maybe even after then

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

SAD. Let the brigading begin!

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I am, naturally, ADTRW for life.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

In for GBS, preferably with SSBP as my tag partner.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Haschel Cedricson posted:

do you have a team name you'd like to use?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’m in for YOSPOS mostly because it will really annoy the worst posters there.

Team name is Large Loser Models.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Subjunctive posted:

I’m in for YOSPOS mostly because it will really annoy the worst posters there.

Team name is Large Loser Models.

I'd rather you declare honestly because this is for pride and integrity

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I suggest doing a movie night based on the outcome of a match, watch a good movie based on the winner's subforum and a bad one based on the loser's. For example, if the Traditional Games rep beats the Automotive Insanity rep you'd screen Clue and Cars 2, but if the AI rep won you'd play Christine and Mazes and Monsters.

Haschel Cedricson posted:

:dudsmile:

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

TheSwizzler posted:

do you have a team name you'd like to use?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Sorry, I was joking about only being motivated by hate. YOSPOS is where I get into the best conversations and learn the most about the profession I like to think I’m good at; and it’s what brought me more friends (including one at my recent wedding!) than anything here, maybe outside Toronto LAN.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I don’t care if I caved your head in on the parking lot in the last season of IZWF, jerk, stop leaking my backstage nudes.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
SAS representative here.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Nice, excited to see more freaks, geeks, and-or weirdos try to murder each other and/or have pathing issues

EDIT: If I get put in, my bookmarked threads are mostly all GBS, Trad Games, and TFF, so uh... Make of that what you will?

Cthulu Carl fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Jul 14, 2023

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Imp Zone mutha fucka, eat poo poo namtab :twisted:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Subjunctive posted:

Sorry, I was joking about only being motivated by hate. YOSPOS is where I get into the best conversations and learn the most about the profession I like to think I’m good at; and it’s what brought me more friends (including one at my recent wedding!) than anything here, maybe outside Toronto LAN.

omg finally
another yosposter for me to commiserate with

Thank you Ohtori Akio for the incredible sig!! 😍

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Lady Radia posted:

omg finally
another yosposter for me to commiserate with

Co-ed tag partners when?

copy
Jul 26, 2007

symbolic posted:

Imp Zone mutha fucka, eat poo poo namtab :twisted:

lol

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've been waiting here patiently while others got big
Now I'm like "Pick me coach, I'll slaughter these kids!"
I'm so hungry you can hear my loving stomach through my ribs
Calling dibs on a title, let me show them what it is

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm down for this.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i'm representing the backwoods of psp btw

gonna judo chop the poo poo out of everyone

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm down for this.

You're in, you just need to declare to rep a subforum

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TheSwizzler posted:

You're in, you just need to declare to rep a subforum

Either PYF or I guess GIP for maximum irony (never in the military).

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

declare only for forums you actually post in or i will decapitate you.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

Yeah you gotta declare for forums with full honesty only vets should declare for GiP

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I am a sex criminal. I will represent Adtrw.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Put me down for Team GWS. Let’s cook.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pewdiepie posted:

put this motherfucker in as BYOB

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Pewdiepie posted:

lol

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
Tomba will rock PYF.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TheSwizzler posted:

Yeah you gotta declare for forums with full honesty only vets should declare for GiP

I mean I actually post in GIP so there's no fakery involved but yeah point taken PYF it is because sagas thread.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Oh hell yeah

Unfortunately I don't really hang out in one place enough to have a "home forum" so I guess drop me wherever you need representation from PYF (mostly just Sagas), Games, SH/SC, ADTRW, Coupons & Deals, or SAD.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i am aligned with imp zone

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

for roleplaying purposes i declare for the football funhouse or TFF for short. that's what they call it over there. they are tsundere about fast food but cant stop talkinga bout it

you can put me under SAS in general if you want to but i only post in the main part a little bit. i'll do anything

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jul 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

yeah sure let's do it. i watcjed some izwf but wasn't into it enough to join. getting in on the ground floor of this one. lets go

gbs guy

https://i.imgur.com/W7qTiB3.mp4

a LEGENDARY sig by the LEGENDARY LAP