Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/codyalcorn/status/1393016909403234307?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

No big loss.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

hey isnt that where doobie was from? pickens county al? hence the pickens county tornado dog?

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Pickens County, SC, but not a major difference. They have a subway and a funeral parlor too.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

she fought the SLAW

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

lol burnt wreckage piled high am i right? anyway, we'll have gas shortages long enough to gently caress up memorial day weekend now. hope everyone is happy!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Imagine, roads of American drivers who're extra flammable and explosive :piaa:

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I hate memorial day weekend. That rules

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
my only sympathies lie with the delicious gas station hot dogs on rollers, spinning round and round hoping to be eaten.....alas

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
JFC these dumbass sheriffs still trying to do police chases.

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Finally the extra two non-running cars in our yard are gonna come in handy 'cause their tanks are full, baybeeee.
Time to break out the gravel vac

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Achtane posted:

Finally the extra two non-running cars in our yard are gonna come in handy 'cause their tanks are full, baybeeee.
Time to break out the gravel vac

excellent post / avatar energy

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Milo and POTUS posted:

Computers aren't going to suck your dick bro

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

LanceHunter posted:

It's more complicated than that, as much as we all love to hate on capitalism. Billing systems have things like customer records and addresses in them, and were part of what became inaccessible. So even if we had immediately nationalized the infrastructure and ordered Colonial to give away all of the gasoline for free, they would have to rebuild the list of where to even send the gas before it could get flowing.

It's a pipeline, I think they know which customers are sucking on their pipeline without a billing spreadsheet. :smug:

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

Sounds about right for Pickens.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Who knew hoarding gas would be so dangerous.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Emily Spinach posted:

Sounds about right for Pickens.

The pickins are slim, but also aren't.

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008
Were there any actual supply shortages or was this entirely caused by algorithm-crazed floridians.

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Pekinduck posted:

Were there any actual supply shortages or was this entirely caused by algorithm-crazed floridians.

hey don't understate the power of the algorithm

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Pekinduck posted:

There was no shortages. They just stopped supplying gas to make sure they got paid for it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
well also the shortages that did exist were only caused by people hoarding

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
There was a shortage at the final retail point of sale, and that meant all the same boomers who would lecture AOC about how she doesn't understand basic economics are now buying gas at retail markups with no way to safely store it nor use it before it goes bad.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

It’s not a shortage unless it comes from the shôrtáge region, otherwise it’s just sparkling panic buying

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

They don't care, they paid $5 million dollars but are probably going to make $100 million dollars because the demand went up for the gas and now they can charge more for it and they are going to take their time lowering the gas prices back...

Probably did it themselves ;-)

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

hell who wouldnt say yes to a pipeline in their backyard and drilling the poo poo out of national parks to avoid waiting in line for gas.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Phobophilia posted:

no way to safely store it nor use it before it goes bad.

I feel like these people will no doubt use this gas in the next two weeks one way or another, but it’s the absolute stinginess that makes me laugh the hardest. So intensely worried about gas, but not enough to go buy a gas can or other receptacle. There have been numerous articles about cars burned to the ground from it. astounding

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Phobophilia posted:

There was a shortage at the final retail point of sale, and that meant all the same boomers who would lecture AOC about how she doesn't understand basic economics are now buying gas at retail markups with no way to safely store it nor use it before it goes bad.

It doesn't go bad if you put the plastic bag in your fridge or freezer.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
I don’t want my gasoline to get moldy :saddowns:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Better start burning rubber then

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

Woof Blitzer posted:

I don’t want my gasoline to get moldy :saddowns:

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Would anyone inform me how people (plan to) utilize the gas stored in plastic bags?

I realize that the comedy option is that they explode long before you might use them. But let's say for some reason they don't. What now? Pour it using a funnel into the one proper container you own, and then into your car?

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 22:49 on May 15, 2021

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Just lift the bag up to the receptacle and snip a corner off with scissors. Preferably while enjoying the relaxing taste of Marlboro

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Klyith posted:

What are they gonna do, run an ethernet cable for their private LAN?

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/11/private-microwave-networks-financial-hft/

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
i know for a fact that nuclear reactor plants are not connected in any way to the internet, so why the gently caress are pipelines?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

They aren't, it's the payment servers lmao

Pekinduck
May 10, 2008

Bright Bart posted:

Would anyone inform me how people (plan to) utilize the gas stored in plastic bags?

I realize that the comedy option is that they explode long before you might use them. But let's say for some reason they don't. What now? Pour it using a funnel into the one proper container you own, and then into your car?

:canada:

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

lol crazy canucks buying their cum in bags

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

PinheadSlim posted:

lol crazy canucks buying their cum in bags

Its cheaper that way.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

I really really would love to shoot that with a rifle, not with anyone inside but just from a distance way out in the desert somewhere or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

SC here, still no gas. It's been two days with my car on empty. The only thing in walking distance is a cigarette and booze place not a food place :(

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 16, 2021