Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

:nws: hello m'lady :nws:

you can look, but don't touch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Official Submission. I do not believe I need to nsfw because I spent the least amount of time on the tits.

Thank you Saoshyant for the lovely signature.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Charles Bukowski posted:

Official Submission. I do not believe I need to nsfw because I spent the least amount of time on the tits.

Aw man this is what I strived for. The rolling tray really seals the deal too.

Charles Bukowski

I thought the weed stem sealed it but I am happy people appreciate any part of it :)
Thank you.

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Charles Bukowski posted:

I thought the weed stem sealed it but I am happy people appreciate any part of it :)
Thank you.

I just realized its a stem, thats even better.

Manifisto

okay, it's 3:00ish, submissions for Task 4 are closed. judging will begin shortly!

Manifisto

Rarity posted:

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

1 sleeping bag
4 pillows
1 coat
1 backpack
2 jackets
1 bathrobe
1 duvet
1 cushion
1 bra
3 pairs of socks
2 earrings
2 empty toilet rolls

Doing Blue Peter proud :patriot:

this is extremely elaborate, nay decadent. obviously a lot of work went into it, but it is extremely . . . well, tasteful, as well as looking snuggly! the cushion as snailshell (? I assume that's what it is) is a bold choice, however I do not know that, to me, it conveys "snail with human titties" so much as "comfy couch." four points!

Snuff Melange posted:

:nws: hello m'lady :nws:

you can look, but don't touch

thank you for being sensitive to the snowflake workplaces out there that can't handle the beauty of a slug/mammal hybrid. I feel like this sculpture captures the essence of the swht, although you have certainly depicted her as having a healthy appetite. love the eyestalks. five points!

Charles Bukowski posted:

where I think this one excels, in addition to the decorative striping of the shell, is the seductive(?) look on the snail's face as it munches its weed stem. the trailer park boys rolling tray is a nice bonus touch. five points!

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Feb 23, 2023

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

okay folks, great snailing, thank you for your entries! we have another task in the bin, which will be announced at 3:30pm EST!

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Well done all :)

Charles Bukowski

Thank you very much, I am glad the sharp racing stripes and various cannabis references were appreciated. I assume the rest of the contestants simply fell in love with their own creations and are treating them to a nice garden salad with zesty italian dressing, missing the deadline. I'm not out of the races yet!

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

:f5:

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Manifisto

our scheduled 3:30 task will be along in just a few minutes! in the meantime, let me show off to you the community badge/gang tag you can earn merely by participating in one of our tasks!

and if you think that's nice . . . wait until you see the special gang tag that only the winner is allowed to use!!

ty nesamdoom!

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Manifisto posted:

our scheduled 3:30 task will be along in just a few minutes! in the meantime, let me show off to you the community badge/gang tag you can earn merely by participating in one of our tasks!

and if you think that's nice . . . wait until you see the special gang tag that only the winner is allowed to use!!

:hai:

Charles Bukowski

-mouths softly- Holy gently caress..

Goons Are Gifts

NEW TASK! TASK #5

Welcome, welcome, welcomeeeeee once again!

Did you check the calendar? No? Well, you should have, because it's almost greebmas once again! I know, you all sang for the great greebmas hole already, but this time we are not just singing, we need to show our appreciation! What, you forgot about greebmas? Better see our original thread here right now so you know what's up!

So, for this new task that you will have another two hours for will be to create a really nice, a really special, a really festive greebmas card! It can be a general one, for someone you love, for no one at all, for your dear grandma that's stuck in last year's greebmas hole, for anyone you want! It also can be physical or even digital - greebmas is forgiving and a festival for everyone.

The important thing here is that you have fun designing and creating a festive, a lovely, a great greebmas card in a way that fits you. I have to judge it afterwards, so you better make sure that you and you alone like it.

You will have until 6:00 PM EST to submit your lovely greebmas card ITT and win another amount of great points.

Better get started, because your time starts.... now!

Somebody fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 23, 2023

Charles Bukowski

I come from a very orthordox Norilsk Greebmas background so my cards do tend to reflect my background even if I had to flee the community a decade ago. I make sure to include representations of my vermin siblings watching my sacrifice, in this case a message of praise from a friend of the past. I'm wearing my images of primates to remind myself of my ancestors and how proud they are of my ability to create fire, represented by the candles and the flames burning the sacrifice. I know, call me old fashioned. A mighty Greebmas to all, GROW STRENGTH!

e: i smell like burned paper now

Charles Bukowski fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Feb 23, 2023

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

Ho ho ho such a special time of year

I think it's worth mentioning that the animation style for this card was 'Chill'

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

this is for all the grandmas out there

merry Greebmas grandmas

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

OFFICIAL SUBMISSION

While this festive holiday is new to me, I wholeheartedly embrace it.

Manifisto

It's 6pm, that means submissions are closed!!! Judging shortly!

Manifisto

while we await the judge's scores, let me lay out the rest of the day!

we have one more task to announce, but this will be an overnight task and therefore participants will have until sometime tomorrow (Friday, Feb. 24) to complete their entries!

and after that, we have another task to judge today! all will be explained shortly!

ty nesamdoom!

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

doin karate moves in my tracksuit poorly but with enthusiasm as I wait for the scores

Manifisto

so these are some wonderful greebmas cards, thank you! our judge is on German time and it is rather late there, so I am not sure when Task 5 will be scored. there may be a bit of a wait, but never fear, the entries will definitely be reviewed and scored!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

MEANWHILE, it is my pleasure to announce our final overnight task for the day! except actually, I am not doing the announcing . . .

Task 6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLI7Yo_-mZI

the details are in the video, including where and how to submit your entries! the deadline for this task is 3pm EST tomorrow, Feb. 24, and please note that entries are not to be posted in this thread! they are to be emailed to myself and one of our exciting guest judges . . . but the judging that this task is in for is something special indeed . . .

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

tip for my fellow competitors: you might find public domain music you like on freepd.com! (incompetech.com is also cool but it looks like freepd is a larger project he's associated with)

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

hm as little as the previous tasks have been in my wheelhouse, this puppet task is even less in my wheelhouse :thunkin:

Manifisto

and that brings us to our other judging task. as those who signed up for notifications are aware, a SECRET TASK was assigned last night, and the deadline for this task was 6:30PM today. Let me first quote the language of the task:

quote:

Taskmaster - Secret Task 1

Thought you were finished for the day eh? Well, think again!! Actually you can absolutely be finished for the day if you like, because this SECRET TASK will continue until tomorrow at 6:30pm EST.

Your task: Pick one (and only one) word from the list below, and try to work it into as many posts as possible before the deadline. Different forms of the word (for example different tenses) are acceptable. The word appearing in a quotation does not count however; the word must be used within the text of the post.

If someone comments on your use of the word, you get zero points for the entire task. You may not reveal directly or indirectly that using the word is part of taskmaster or make any commentary or suggestive hints when using the word, it must be used organically. (For clarity, you also may not call attention to other people attempting this task either!) Note that the word you select may end up also being selected by somebody else, this is fine within the rules, but if two different posters are using the same unusual word it may attract attention?

You will need to PM me a total of your word usage, as well as a link to the posts containing the word. Your posts must be UNEDITED. Posts indicating that an edit was made by you will be disqualified (but only those posts). Good luck!

List of words (choose one):
⦁ antsy
⦁ arthropod
⦁ bedevil
⦁ bindle
⦁ blasphemous
⦁ bollard
⦁ brouhaha
⦁ caliper
⦁ cheroot
⦁ dearth
⦁ diphthong
⦁ disingenuous
⦁ distend
⦁ eccentric
⦁ ersatz
⦁ fetid
⦁ funtastic [sic]
⦁ gibberish
⦁ goiter
⦁ hirsute
⦁ hamfisted
⦁ idiom
⦁ juche
⦁ kratom
⦁ knell
⦁ lollygag
⦁ mandible
⦁ mangy
⦁ meretricious
⦁ noisome
⦁ opulent
⦁ ornery
⦁ palpable
⦁ punctilious
⦁ pustulent
⦁ querulous
⦁ ramshackle
⦁ rastafunktacular
⦁ scabrous
⦁ schmeckel
⦁ shagadelic
⦁ smarmy
⦁ soused
⦁ staycation
⦁ tenuous
⦁ titter
⦁ umbilical
⦁ verve
⦁ wroth
⦁ xenophobic
⦁ yesteryear
⦁ zesty
⦁ zither

. . . so if you've seen these words floating around yesterday or today, you know at least one possible explanation!

six participants have gotten back to me with word usage totals (or at least what they claim are their totals). In order, from fewest claimed uses to most claimed uses:

Heather Papps - claims two uses of "funtastic." though it's minimal, it is still worth a point!

Your Friend SK - claims three uses of "blasphemy." SK was apparently using the strategy of hoping that people who used their words more aggressively would get caught. and perhaps in some other game that would be the winning strategy! Two points for you.

Charles Bukowski - claims nine uses of "zesty." a few of these were outside BYOB, which is fine, there were no rules that the post had to be in our subforum. nice effort, good job working the term into your posts. Three points.

Stoner Sloth - claims 25(!) uses of "bedevil." an outstanding effort here to work the word into different posts and contexts. I might question whether this one was really an "organic" use of the term ("lol you know when a word gets stuck in your brain 'bedevil' has gotten firmly lodged there... an early warning sign of a terrible curse taking place? who can say??") but I have decided not to be too strict about that. Five points.

Rarity - claims 41(!!) uses of "brouhaha." this impressive total was achieved by a, uh, creative interpretation of the rules, an entire thread in "Post My Favorite" dedicated to the word and posts containing the word. now my philosophy is that creative rule-stretching is in general fine, and choosing to make your posts where nobody could respond to them was a very clever touch. but is a thread dedicated specifically to the word really an "organic" use of the word? I guess I didn't really define that term though, and being impressed with the overall method, I think that deserves five points.

Snuff Melange - claims 68(!!!) uses of "disingenuous" . . . or at least 7 uses of that term. the claim is that the "work into" criterion encompasses literally editing the HTML of someone's post to make it look like they said the word. or if that doesn't fly, at least seven instances of actively including the word into a post they made. I like this interpretation, it has a "technically correct" air about it even though it is clearly contrary to the spirit of the task. I'm going to split the difference and award you four points.

ty nesamdoom!

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

I gratefully accept the judge's adjudication :) and congratulations to our winners Stoner Sloth and Rarity. As much as it might sound easy, editing the HTML of 61 different posts was incredibly arduous and I hope to not spend that much effort going forward.

Also I'm so sad nobody got caught lol, I almost went with Heather Papps and your friend sk's strategy. That was a lot of fun :D

Snuff Melange fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 24, 2023

Charles Bukowski

I assumed we were not supposed to call one another out and it was for non players to do :)

Manifisto

so I think that's likely all for the evening. The next official task announcement is tomorrow (Feb. 24) at 1PM EST. see ya then!

ty nesamdoom!

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Charles Bukowski posted:

I assumed we were not supposed to call one another out and it was for non players to do :)

That's how I understood it as well, makes more sense that way imo

Charles Bukowski

Yeah otherwise Sloth spamming this own thread with bedevilled was just asking for it XD

Dumb Sex-Parrot

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
those bedevils were absolutely shameless lmao

thank you Saoshyantx4, Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss for the excellent signature

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I completely hosed up and I thought the secret task was due tomorrow despite the reminder PM today. little Alex horne strikes again

Stoner Sloth

Charles Bukowski posted:

Yeah otherwise Sloth spamming this own thread with bedevilled was just asking for it XD

lol figured it had to have at least some risk to make it a challenge!

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

those bedevils were absolutely shameless lmao

:tipshat:

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

Stoner Sloth posted:

lol figured it had to have at least some risk to make it a challenge!

:tipshat:

Really bedevils me how you got away with it for so long

Working on my puppets now :sickos:

Stoner Sloth

small bit of feedback: the challenge would have probably worked better if the posts had to be in this thread only, would have made it harder to get away with

i am very impressed by the creative solutions that Rarity and Snuff Melange employed though!

Stoner Sloth

alternatively if we only counted one post with the word in it per thread would have worked too imo

Snuff Melange

...some men,
you just can't reach.

fwiw checking up on the other competitors and seeing Rarity's ploy was what made me realize I had to take a whole new approach.

e: the worst part for me was that usually people don't interact with my posts much but several of my "disingenuous" task posts generated a lot of discussion :gerty:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski

Posting my word in other subforums I felt greatly increased the chance of more people everywhere seeing it here and there and all over the forums. They notice that its me posting it each time. "Why is this person saying everything is 'zesty'??" Then they notice other words being used over and over, in places where surely more common words would have been better? What is going on today? This person is bedevilled in every post?! Are these bots? Am I in a Truman Show experience? ...Am I the Devil? Holy gently caress.

See that's what I was thinking.