Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

third vote scum vote

That's the common trope but I DO think RWC could be scum. Initially she mentions how Opop and I could be aligned but then votes Cube saying he was being hedgy...about a knife. It feels like reluctance to vote me until wins does, and her rationale doesn't make sense

Rhymes With Clue posted:

I wasn't joking about Maer and Opop. The common denominator here is Maer though.

Maer and Grandi both votng Tired Moritz right now. Both for TM's flavor-hunting though, seems legit for D1 and also ...hmm. I could see Grandi's vote as a light defense of Maer, and Maer's as a pile-on vote. It just seems too obvious.

So I'm right to get after TM for flavor hunting but that makes me scummy because "it's too obvious"? It's a pretty odd reason for voting me...an OMGUS would make more sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

##Vote Wins

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

Maerlyn posted:

third vote scum vote

That's the common trope but I DO think RWC could be scum. Initially she mentions how Opop and I could be aligned but then votes Cube saying he was being hedgy...about a knife. It feels like reluctance to vote me until wins does, and her rationale doesn't make sense

So I'm right to get after TM for flavor hunting but that makes me scummy because "it's too obvious"? It's a pretty odd reason for voting me...an OMGUS would make more sense.

The "too obvious" part is you and Grandi being scum together and both voting for TM because of flavor hunting.

Third vote scum vote is just a trope of a thing that never was. If you need more than 3 votes to oust someone then somebody's got to put a third vote down. There is something about the 3rd vote that makes it seem like a wagon, though. (I'm not scum.)

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Let's vote for...

AFQM or Salad or Sand or FoS.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

##vote Sandwolf

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Maerlyn posted:

third vote scum vote

Maer’s case on Moritz is a fine d1 case.

But I am less into maer casing rhymes more severely than Moritz but then not voting rhymes

Rhymes With Clue
Nov 18, 2010

CubicalSucrose posted:

Let's vote for...

AFQM or Salad or Sand or FoS.

Salad?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Is flavor hunting really that big of a deal? At least in this game

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

worth a try

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

no it probably doesnt matter what kitchen utensil you are flavorwise

although because it probably doesn't matter wasting time on it seems pretty useless

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I'm not a utensil :smug:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Hmm

Tired Moritz posted:

Oh boy I hope Maerlyn isn't a flavor hunter

Tired Moritz posted:

Hi, what's your flavor

Tired Moritz posted:

Is flavor hunting really that big of a deal? At least in this game

Hmm mmm. T, are you a flavour hunter?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I had a dream that yuming is scum this game, I'm trying to decide if my unconsious brain put something together or if it was just a dream.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

yuming posted:

Glad to hear Moritz is town.

Always ##vote Cube

yuming posted:

##vote Opop

Obvious scum.

Two vaguely game related posts. It's arguable in the first one, because it isn't really a town call, it's a response to TM saying they are town. And the second is the lowest of low hanging fruit. The lack of interaction in general feels off for town yuming as well. Even in the non-game related things, it feels stilted.
Am I giving my sleep brains too much benefit of the doubt?
Maybe, but I'm voting there so I can declare myself a prophet of the kitchen1 if I am right.

##vote yuming

1Prophet of the Kitchen is not indicative of a role based claim

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Guys I've been so distracted with real life, sorry for not making a whole bunch of day 1 content

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I hate this Grandi post that provides cover and support for the burgeoning Maer bandwagon without actually committing to a vote, AND in the same loving post throws sus on a second person without committing to that vote either, in favor of voting for someone who came to them in a dream. I'm pretty confident this isn't town posting.

Grandicap posted:

I am suspicious of Maer, which is why I am suspicious of TM.
Reasonable people are sus on Maer today. But TM jumped to a 3p accusation. He knows Maer isn't on the scum team, so the only reason she has to be playing like that is 3p (in TM's mind).

Vote Tired for great justice!

##vote Grandi

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Disagree, I can’t see anyone other than town playing a prophetic dream gambit, 100% would not vote Grandi today

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

I looked at the lurker list. But good point probably don't vote salad.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CubicalSucrose posted:

Sand or AFQM then.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

CubicalSucrose posted:

Lol

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Does nobody have opinions on the grandi post I pointed out?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

fool of sound posted:

Yeah it’s kinda scummy, reminds me of his scumplay, but then his post up there ^ about yuming feels pretty legit.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

fool of sound posted:

I hate this Grandi post that provides cover and support for the burgeoning Maer bandwagon without actually committing to a vote, AND in the same loving post throws sus on a second person without committing to that vote either, in favor of voting for someone who came to them in a dream. I'm pretty confident this isn't town posting.

##vote Grandi

Eh I don’t think this is that much of a scummy post personally

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

fool of sound posted:

I already called you a fool for it

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Sure I'll go with Grandi's champion subconscious.

##vote Yuming

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah it’s kinda scummy, reminds me of his scumplay, but then his post up there ^ about yuming feels pretty legit.

so on balance? what's your read on grandi

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Opopanax posted:

I resent the idea that I would be self conscious about being called out for something, Opop don't give a gently caress

self-meta here, im thinking we should dunk opop

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

fool of sound posted:

##vote Grandi

i think it's a bit too weird to be scum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

shwinnebego posted:

self-meta here, im thinking we should dunk opop

I love talking about myself, self-meta is alignment neutral

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
:qq: my phone at my reply.

This is like a weirdly chill D1 so it is hard to get actual reads about when we’re just talking about melon ballers.

The Cube vote was wholly a joke and I think it’s clear Grandi is working backwards here.

re: Opop that was me taking a shot in the dark to try and get a reaction or something. I had a vague sense that Opop could fit as scum here since he was happy to continue kitchen banter and not much else. However that’s not exactly unusual from what I remember of his play.

Grandi I’m not sure yet. What do you think of my response Grandi :sun:

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

CubicalSucrose posted:

Sure I'll go with Grandi's champion subconscious.

##vote Yuming

Just for the sake of my entertainment can you humor me and try and cobble together a legitimate case on anybody? Asking you specifically because you blatantly avoid doing this on day 1 and I dare you to stray from that pattern. Just for my entertainment

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Like I can imagine Opop as scum but I can imagine p much everyone as scum right now this game has a weird vibe.

The main “case” I’m not on board with is Maer because she seems like she’s sticking her neck out to make some content when there’s little pressure to do so.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

It’s impossible to make any reasonable case on d1

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

yuming posted:

Glad to hear Moritz is town.

Always ##vote Cube
But like let’s talk about Grandi making this into a serious vote.

Does anyone else think this is a serious vote? Cmon Grandi.

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
Yes

##vote AFWM

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Johnny Keats posted:

Just for the sake of my entertainment can you humor me and try and cobble together a legitimate case on anybody? Asking you specifically because you blatantly avoid doing this on day 1 and I dare you to stray from that pattern. Just for my entertainment

If it's Yuming or wins, I think it's reasonably likely to be both Yuming AND wins.

I don't understand the cases on Maer and anyone who tried to seriously push that seems a little off.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

shwinnebego posted:

so on balance? what's your read on grandi

At the point when you asked this, I would have said Grandi town, but these recent posts from yuming seem better so, Grandi more likely scum atp

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

Opopanax posted:

Oh I'm legit still suspicious of Maer, I just can't think of the last time I didn't see Keats cop claim so it feels better to me
I think what felt weird about Opops posting was this ~trial balloon~ (TM Lumpen). Then kinda ignoring Maerlyns actual posting, but then turning it into a real vote.

Yea I would vote Opop. Fancy should post ! !

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance

CubicalSucrose posted:

If it's Yuming or wins, I think it's reasonably likely to be both Yuming AND wins.

I don't understand the cases on Maer and anyone who tried to seriously push that seems a little off.
Tell me more about why I’m scum :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

Dans Macabre posted:

It’s impossible to make any reasonable case on d1

yeah im always very impressed when people manage to sound like they have conviction about their day 1 case