Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

JosephWongKS posted:

If we learn to tame a squad of rabbits, we can train them to bring us edible forest vegetables on an ongoing basis. Short term investment, long term gains.

you want a rabbit to bring us the thing that it eats? I'm not sure they're that smart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zodiac5000 posted:

you want a rabbit to bring us the thing that it eats? I'm not sure they're that smart.

Fair point. Rabbits might not be smart enough to carry out tasks for us. Nevertheless, they are a starting point. Today we learn to tame rabbits, tomorrow we tame deer, five years from now we are taming the Deep Tunnel spirit monsters to mine for us.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Sep 18, 2019

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
H!

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006
H Bunny brigade, here we come.

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
H

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
E You gotta ask first, Bun.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I like the idea of using disney princess powers to attract wild game we can kill for our Dad, but befriending them seems fine.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

H

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
E. You greedy fucker.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Write-in, walk up slowly, with no immediate intention of scaring it away. I mean, if it happens, it happens. But either carefully tell the bun not to take food like that, or offer from your hand (and onto the earth if the bun scurried off) that food of yours.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

I wish I could claim to have carefully planned out this next update, but I honestly didn't think of this until just now.

I want to thank everyone whose votes made this possible.

LLSix fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Sep 19, 2019

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

LLSix posted:

I wish I could claim to have carefully planned out this next update, but I honestly didn't think of this until just now.

WIP

Looking forward to enrolling the first recruit into our Bunny Army!

Edit: I wonder if we can train bunnies to gather essence or cultivate madra for us.

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Sep 19, 2019

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Chatrapati posted:

E That's our food Rabbit.

A second rabbit is hopping away from Mama towards where you left your bags full of food for lunch at the start of the day. There’ve been three breaks since then and Mama moved away. As you watch, the rabbit reaches your lunch bags and sticks its head inside. You thought you’d closed the bag before bringing it out, but its whole head, as well as half its body, are inside your bag now. The animals that love Mama so much have been terrified of you for as long as you can remember. You’ve never seen one so boldly try to steal your food before.

You jog towards the rabbit, hoping to scare it away. As you do, you hear a high-pitched voice shout “Ynk ygc eua, Iutkpu!” The rabbit with its head in your bag backs out with a carrot in its mouth. It turns to face you and boldly nibbles on your carrot even as you jog towards it. It holds the carrot between its front paws and takes it out of its cute little mouth long enough to say, “What’s up, Doc?”

Wait.
What?
Did that rabbit just talk to you?

“Leopard got your tongue, Doc?” The rabbit resumes nibbling on your carrot.

That rabbit is definitely talking to you.
Wait.
How does it know you apprenticed to a healer?

You’re very confused about what’s happening right now, but there are two things you’re sure of. One, that’s your lunch. Two you are always hungry because there isn't enough to eat. Things had been getting better since the Luchamadra, but all the physical labor with Smith Carmenia has made you ravenous. “That’s my food, rabbit!”

The rabbit nibbles your carrot some more and then says. “Chill doc. Your mother said it was alright.”

You see Mama and the other rabbit walking over from out of the corner of your eye. Your mama says “I did not!”

The other rabbit hops next to the thief who is still eating your carrot and mutters “Sorry. I couldn’t keep her attention once doc there started moving.”

The impudent rabbit turns its cute little black button eyes on Mama and says “Ok, you caught me. It’s a toll. Doc there owes us a carrot for every summer she’s been walking in our woods. Hey, what’s the number that comes after six?”
The second rabbit says “ten, no eight, no three. I’m almost certain it’s three.”

The impudent rabbit nibbles on your carrot some more and then says “Yeah, that’s it. Three. Doc, you owe us three carrots.”

Your mother interjects. “And you’ll help my daughter the same way you help me?”

“Eh… sure, Puff. How about it Doc? Standard terms. A carrot as full of your madra as you can get it for each of us every year and we’ll help you out. Warn you when trouble is coming and help you find stuff in our territory. I’ll even throw in teaching you our language since I’m so generous.”

You’re even more confused now. “Learn your language? But you’re speaking mine?”

The impudent rabbit stuffs the last of your carrot into its mouth and noisily chews it. “Yum! Nah, Doc. The sleeping wonder next to you is translating for you. Hey, lazy! Yeah, you. Stop for a moment.
Got'z O g yzotqkx. Mxkgz, ruuqy roqk ynk muz oz. Yzgxz zxgtyrgzotm gmgot.
There, see? I don’t love having a silver bear rooting around in my mind, so you got to learn the language first thing.”

You try to ignore your ability to understand the words and just listen to the sounds. When you focused, the last sentence actually sounded like “O jut’z rubk ngbotm g yorbkx hkgx xuuzotm gxuatj ot se sotj, yu eua muz zu rkgxt znk rgtmagmk loxyz znotm.”

Wow! You didn’t know Wotjeo could do that! Before you started learning the language of the crystal butterfly spirit companions you hadn’t even known there was more than one language! You hug your amazing bear brother and tell him how incredible he is. He preens under your praise.

The impudent rabbit coughs to draw your attention back to him. “Do we got a deal?”

You look at Mama and she smiles encouragingly.

1) Well, do you?
A. Yes
B. Yes, and I give them the correct number of carrots, 8, each
C. B, but actually Silver Bears count winter to winter so the correct number is 7
D. try to haggle for a better deal, write in what
E. No
write in

LLSix fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Sep 19, 2019

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
D

You didn't help me for those years before, so I don't have to pay back taxes. Now you're helping, so now I pay. I'll give you all one carrot for this year, and a bonus carrot for helping me with the language. BUT, I'll reward you with bonus carrots for exceptional help, such as finding rare herbs that are valuable for potion brewing, healing, and body-building, or warning me about major dangers.

The extra incentive might cost more in the end, but it will encourage them to go out of their way to actively help us.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Before we answer the bunny, can we test out filling one carrot with madra to see how much madra it takes?

JosephWongKS fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Sep 19, 2019

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006

Mr. Prokosch posted:

D

You didn't help me for those years before, so I don't have to pay back taxes. Now you're helping, so now I pay. I'll give you all one carrot for this year, and a bonus carrot for helping me with the language. BUT, I'll reward you with bonus carrots for exceptional help, such as finding rare herbs that are valuable for potion brewing, healing, and body-building, or warning me about major dangers.

The extra incentive might cost more in the end, but it will encourage them to go out of their way to actively help us.

+1 This is the correct way to handle these rabbits.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
D, but different to Mr. Prokosch's, so let's call it F: Uq, haz O'rr mobk eua kbkt suxk igxxuzy ol eua igt zkgin sk gte sgjxg zxoiqy.

Ok, but I'll give you even more carrots if you can teach me any madra tricks.

BHB
Aug 28, 2011
A.

easy trade

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mr. Prokosch posted:

D

I'll vote for Plan Prokosch.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

A

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

B

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love

Mr. Prokosch posted:

D

I like this option too. Plus we know potential farmers so we might be able to trade something for carrots.

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker
How often is the Luchamadra festival? Are we about to get our clocks cleaned in the summer by people outside the clan?

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Mardragon posted:

How often is the Luchamadra festival? Are we about to get our clocks cleaned in the summer by people outside the clan?

Every seven winters.

You have not won even a single spar. You can make your own estimate of how far you can expect to get in the next Luchamadra tournament from that.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

I mean, if we're still lead-tier (we probably won't be), we will probably do well considering we'll have had years to really build ourselves up.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Observation: Elders do not fight in the Luchamadra Tournament.

LLSix posted:

There are only two days left in the Luchamadra Tournament. Tomorrow is the Copper tier fights and the day after that will be the Iron tier. The only Silvers are the clan elders, and they obviously don't fight. Neither do the Bronze tier elders.

Solution: To avoid being beaten up in the arena at the next Luchamadra Tournament (in four years' time), alll Pumie has to do is to become an Elder by then. :smug:

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I hope at some point Pumie gets over her revulsion at violence and becomes more willing to fight/hurt her bullies. I'm still steamed we couldn't just stab Decavo in the chest at the luchamadra. We were more willing to let our family get exiled, ruining Mama and Papa's lives, than to risk killing somebody who has systematically bullied us for years (who we ended up maiming anyway). Pumie must be a saint or be dumb as hammers. I'm a fan of "Talk poo poo get hit".

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Zodiac5000 posted:

I hope at some point Pumie gets over her revulsion at violence and becomes more willing to fight/hurt her bullies. I'm still steamed we couldn't just stab Decavo in the chest at the luchamadra. We were more willing to let our family get exiled, ruining Mama and Papa's lives, than to risk killing somebody who has systematically bullied us for years (who we ended up maiming anyway). Pumie must be a saint or be dumb as hammers. I'm a fan of "Talk poo poo get hit".

Killing a person (or large animal) for the first time is HARD, especially when nobody is actually pushing you into it. Decavo was being pushed into it, so he had amped himself up to do it. Pumie just didn't want to get crippled or exiled.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Oh sure, it's not easy, but being unwilling to even risk that hardship in the face of somebody you know for a fact would kill you if given half a chance, and where the consequences of losing the fight is the complete destruction of your life as you know it, and your parents lives... Just seems weird to just completely reject it out of hand. Sure it might kill him, but healers are there, it might not. What it would have done for sure is give her another leg up in a fight where her and her parents livelihoods on the line against somebody who has literally tormented her for years.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Yeah but remember that we also saw the side of Decavo that resembled us, being bullied and harrassed by Aracato. We saw what a life of unrestrained bloodshed and violence would get us, it makes sense we'd pull back a lot based on that.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

We're becoming as much Crystal Butterfly as we are Silver Bear.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Lone Badger posted:

We're becoming as much Crystal Butterfly as we are Silver Bear.

Now if only there was a way to make Wotjeo a part-Butterfly too.

Imagine: A giant snarling Bear, that has sparkly crystal wings and flies in the air, and that shoots laser beams from its eyes.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I dunno, maybe I'll end up being the part of Pumie's mind that wants to fight back, and has not taken kindly to years of systematic abuse and is ok hurting an enemy if it means that her friends, family, and self are safe. Decavo could have died from the maiming he gave himself - I'm unconcerned about the moral hazard of killing somebody who has done literally everything in his power to establish that he is a threat to us, and rejected every opportunity to deescalate. Risking the life of somebody who attacked us and is more than willing to kill us and is putting us in clear and immediate danger does not make me worried that we would be destined for a life of unrestrained bloodshed. His death is on his own head and the heads of those who put him in that position. It wasn't even a guaranteed kill or anything, it's a spear strike in a setting where healers can shove your guts back in.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

JosephWongKS posted:

Now if only there was a way to make Wotjeo a part-Butterfly too.

Imagine: A giant snarling Bear, that has sparkly crystal wings and flies in the air, and that shoots laser beams from its eyes.

I want this to happen now :sparkles:

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
I agree that it was an odd moment in the narrative, mostly because we weren't willing to stab him with a spear of light but we did make him brutally beat his brother to near death or maybe actual death. It was so horrific and painful and seemed to have the same ultimate result as the stabbing except that he might not really be dead. People might have even respected the stabbing more, but it might have also been against Ore-tier rules to bring a weapon in the first place, no one else fought with one.

Still, I absolutely love this story and that slightly schizophrenic hiccup of backing out, challenging, fighting again the next day, brutalizing (but not with a spear), was partially the downside of a CYOA with randomized voting. Sometimes the characters are just inconsistent because you have competing visions for who they should be.

I do think the vote about what to do about the Decavo duel was the most important one since the very first vote that determined where our character lives. Imagine if we had gone down into the Deep Tunnels or left the valley for a year? We'd probably have at least one dead parent, a huge power boost from eating spirit beasts, seen more of the world, been more bitter towards our home clan, and not received any of this training. It would have been an entirely different path. As it stands we're doing a lot to win favor and status in our clan and despite the bullying we're succeeding.

One note after reading the Royal Road stuff, some of the more important questions are incorporated into the narrative but they're a bit clumsy outside of the forums context. I noticed at one point just a series of questions and they interfered with the pace, maybe they could be spread out more naturally? It would require a more substantial re-write though.

If I were trying to make a living from writing stuff like this, I'd use the game to generate ideas but then do more to alter the text (even changing from "you" to "I") and then shop it around as a YA novel series.

JosephWongKS posted:

Observation: Elders do not fight in the Luchamadra Tournament.

Solution: To avoid being beaten up in the arena at the next Luchamadra Tournament (in four years' time), alll Pumie has to do is to become an Elder by then. :smug:

I don't think you have to fight? It just comes with fabulous prizes and the respect of your peers. The prizes are so fabulous though that it's a bit crappy that our dad only fought once. Yeah, it's tradition for guards to only fight once, probably so enemy clans can't gauge our true strength, but his daughter wouldn't have spent the first years of her life hungry if he had all those treasures.

Actually...

Question for Papa: When did you fight in the Iron Tier? Since you won because you're the biggest and strongest papa in the world, what did you ask the clan for? Did you ask to marry mama?

Mr. Prokosch fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 20, 2019

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Mr. Prokosch posted:

One note after reading the Royal Road stuff, some of the more important questions are incorporated into the narrative but they're a bit clumsy outside of the forums context. I noticed at one point just a series of questions and they interfered with the pace, maybe they could be spread out more naturally? It would require a more substantial re-write though.

If I were trying to make a living from writing stuff like this, I'd use the game to generate ideas but then do more to alter the text (even changing from "you" to "I") and then shop it around as a YA novel series.

Thank you for the feedback!

I thought about that switching to a first person perspective, but I know I'd miss lots of places if I changed viewpoints and that'd be a real mess.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Question for Papa: When did you fight in the Iron Tier? Since you won because you're the biggest and strongest papa in the world, what did you ask the clan for? Did you ask to marry mama?

Asking the tough questions aren't you.

Comedy answer "I asked for armor and weapons for my first born son. I uh... I don't have a son yet."

Real answer "Hunters fight every Luchamadra. I won..." Papa waggles his fingers like he's trying to count on them. He looks at Mama "Help me out, sweet song of my soul?"

Mama says, "Our daughter's first Luchamadra was on her fifth winter, so the previous one would have been two winters before Pūmiè was born."

Papa smiles with relief. "Right, two winters before you were born. I asked for the best armor our Smith's could make. Good thing I did too. The armor was finished only a few days before I fought off three Iron Marbled Polecats backed by a trio of Coppers to rescue the injured clan members of the most beautiful woman in the whole Valley. Fighting against that many opponents it is nearly impossible to block every attack. I lost count of how many times the armor saved my life. I gave one of the other rewards to Elder Qiwo so he would support my marriage." Papa glowers in remembered anger. "Elder Ximena demanded I give up two for her support. The last was a healing potion from the Corazon Chamois. They said it would cure any wound or any illness. I gave it to you when you were so young that you probably don't remember."

LLSix fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 16, 2019

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If we're throwing the needles harder that means they're traveling faster which means the trajectory is flatter. Make sure we learn how to aim differently depending on if we're boosting our strength or not.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The impudent rabbit coughs to draw your attention back to him. “Do we got a deal?”

You look at Mama and she smiles encouragingly.

Kristopher posted:

Mr. Prokosch posted:

D

+1 This is the correct way to handle these rabbits.

You think for a moment about what you need and what rabbit might be able to get you and tell them, “You didn't help me for those years before, so I don't have to pay back taxes. Now you're helping, so now I pay. I'll give you all one carrot for this year, and a bonus carrot for helping me with the language. BUT, I'll reward you with bonus carrots for exceptional help, such as finding rare herbs that are valuable for potion brewing, healing, and body-building, or warning me about major dangers.”

The rabbits jump on the revised deal you offer. Literally, both of them hop forwards shouting at the top of their rabbity lungs “DEAL!”

Mama groans. “You just agreed to pay them extra for what they were already going to do.”

Still, a deal is a deal, and you keep your end of it. A carrot turns out to be a very poor vessel for madra. Even though the carrots are larger than your dragon’s teeth it takes less madra to use your Hunter’s guidance technique than it does to pay the two rabbits. They nibble down their payment eagerly. As they absorb your madra, their coats take on a lustrous shine and their ears grow even longer.

You make similar deals with at least one more and sometimes as many as five more animals every time Mama attends your lessons with Enlacio. They never visit while you are out practicing with Papa, only when you are with Enlacio, Mama, or own your own.

You had used up most of the potion brewing ingredients Abealo gave you making salves to prevent wounds from turning bad and to reduce the pain of your bruises you used on yourself between your spars. The animals you made deals with showed you where to get more, and Enlacio escorted you to get them during the frequent breaks he encouraged you to take.

When you join Elder Herejo after morning meditation Felero is not there. You look around for him and see him heading down the tunnel that leads back to Suena’s home with his mother.

Herejo stopped when he realized you weren’t following him and turned to follow your gaze. He smiles at you, just slightly smugly, “I started teaching him while you were recovering and then training with your father. No point in delaying either of you by trying to teach you different things at the same time, I’ll be teaching you separately.”

He gestures for you to follow him and heads towards the same cave exit that leads to the short route to Elder Minaro’s lesson cave. It’s not the same exit you usually took, since Bato and his cronies were a constant threat in your youth you took a longer route.

Elder Herejo continues speaking, “You should feel lucky. Most children are taught how to share their spirit companion’s senses by their parents and it takes many winters. Some children, like your father, still struggle with it even after reaching copper. With my guidance, I expect you’ll both have learned the fundamentals by next winter. Your friend is rather clever for his age. I expect great things from him. It’s a shame he has to divert attention to learning how to defend himself, but the valley is not a safe place and we all have to learn how to fight sooner or later.”

The dreamkeeper elder leads you to a cave only a short distance from Elder Minaro’s lesson cave, and off the same tunnel. Like that cave, this one is of moderate size, suitable for an adult and maybe six teenage students? Also like Elder Minaro’s lesson cave, the walls are dotted with visible outcroppings of what your vital essence hearing tells you are veins of lead ore rich in high quality vital essence.

Herejo leads you inside. “This cave is reserved for the use of promising clan members an Elder has chosen to tutor. You may see other students in here from time to time. If you do, do not bother them. On days others are present, I will limit myself to only lessons on sharing Wotjeo’s senses. On days when we have the cave to ourselves, as we do today, I will also spend some time helping you learn how to be a Dreamwalker. I suggest you keep these lessons to yourself and don’t teach them to others. It would make them envious and you have already experienced what envy can drive some members of our clan to do.”

Elder Herejo frowns. “I could tell you not to talk about our lessons with your friend, Felero as well. I doubt you would obey me though so I won’t bother. However, you must not try to teach him the smallest scrap of Dreamwalking techniques. I did not want to alarm your parents with what I am about to tell you, but I have to share this knowledge with you to prevent you from harming yourself and others in your ignorance. The Dreamkeeper and Dreamwalker paths are incompatible. Every Dreamkeeper who has tried to share or gain the memories of a Dreamwalker died…”

Elder Herejo waves his hands dismissively, “Well you don’t need to know the details. Suffice to say they died horribly, as did the Dreamwalker. It is fortunate you and Felero did not experiment with his growing skills. If Elder Minaro’s failure had caused the death of so promising a student it would have been a great tragedy.”

Elder Herejo said that last bit in the same even tone Mama might have said that the sky was blue.

Unsettled by Herejo’s callous attitude even more than by his dire warning you hug your bear brother for comfort. Wotjeo licks your face and then rests his head in your lap. In seasons past, he would have crawled into your lap, but he’s far too big for that now.

Elder Herejo watches you curiously while you and Wotjeo comfort each other. His pale blue eyes are constantly flitting from place to place and seem to miss nothing.

You settle yourself and think about what you were told. Something besides the Elder’s attitude towards Felero and you barely avoiding dying seems wrong to you. “If Dreamkeepers can’t be Dreamwalkers, how can you teach me?”

Elder Herejo smiles happily, which strikes you as an odd response. “I was hoping you’d ask. In order to walk through dreams, you must first dream. Falling asleep and dreaming are something I know a great deal about. I will begin by teaching both of you how to go to sleep whenever you want to. Once you can do that, and wake yourself at will as well, other lessons will follow.”

Elder Herejo spreads his hands invitingly. “You must have other questions about your lessons. Ask and I will answer as best I can. I feel like I owe you at least a few answers for not warning you about the likely response of the Lead teenagers to your being raised so young.”

1) You ask...
write in

Teaching advanced gathering and cultivation techniques to as many students as you have been is challenging. You cannot give any one person much attention and the class advances at the pace of the slowest student. If there were fewer people in your lessons, you think they would benefit more, but you might lose some of your new friends if you exclude them from your lessons.

There are also two new ore-tiers this year, you don’t know anything about them and you are much, much to busy and also tired to spend time investigating them before deciding to let them in or not.

You have already agreed to teach Silvia and I'm assuming Felero keeps helping you teach.

2) Who else do you invite to your lessons?
Combine as many as you like to get the group you want
A. Yolanda, a 9 winter old Tin Potion Brewer Apprentice
B. Javiero, a 9 winter old Tin Farmer’s apprentice
C. Mateo, a 8 winter old Tin and exuberantly outgoing Trader’s apprentice
D. Arturo, a 10 winter old Ore farmer’s son. Clumsiest boy you’ve ever met
E. Domingo, a 8 winter old Ore, Mateo’s brother, you helped him get an apprenticeship with Fisher Bonita, there is a good chance he won’t survive
F. Camina a 8 winter old Ore, she is currently doing a Guard apprenticeship but dislikes violence
G. Chuno, a 7 winter old Ore, one of your childhood bullies, you helped him get a Smith apprenticeship instead of Goya, a more promising prospect who has never done you any wrong
H. Milagra, a 6 winter old Ore, a hyper-violent Fisher’s daughter, currently with the Miners
I. Zoa, a 6 winter old Ore, Trader’s daughter who didn’t share any of what she learned from extra lessons with Elder Minaro
J. Ximena, a 6 winter old Ore, currently apprenticed to your Potion brewer sifu, Abealo
K. Facundo, a 6 winter old Ore, directionless, you pointed him towards the Miners and he agreed because he thinks watching Milagra get frustrated is amusing
L. Cacho, a 5 winter old Ore, you convinced him to apprentice with Papa’s younger sister, Hadorita
M. Adolfo, a 5 winter old Ore Hunter’s apprentice, you didn’t help him find an apprenticeship because you aren’t sure you trust him.
N. Isma, a 5 winter old Ore, a not very bright Guard apprentice.
O. Goya, a 5 winter old Ore, desperately wants to be a Smith’s apprentice and pretty upset you not only are one, but helped Chuno get one but not her
P. Whichever of the two new ore tiers that gets lessons from Elder Minaro
Q. The other new ore tier
Write in

Initially you chose to only teach ore-tier children, but many of the Tin-tier children are eager to learn as well. All of your current students are likely to be displeased if you the number of students increases much because it means less time and attention for them.

2) What about the other Tin tiers?
some of these can be combined sensibly, some can’t, I’ll trust you to be reasonable
R. All the tin tiers can join
S. Amiya, your long-time friend
T. Rubia, Amiya’s older sister, a fighting whiz
U. All the tin tiers who got extra lessons from Elder Minaro
V. All the tin tiers who advanced on schedule (their eighth winter)
W. All the tin tiers who advanced ahead of schedule (seventh winter or younger)
X. No Hunter’s!
Write in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

If we're throwing the needles harder that means they're traveling faster which means the trajectory is flatter. Make sure we learn how to aim differently depending on if we're boosting our strength or not.

This will be an option for your free time, but your current workload leaves you so drained and bone-deep exhausted that you are falling asleep and sleep-working in the middle of your lessons.