Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

FANSean posted:

When I saw Eevee post the update, I had to make sure there wasn't an identity switch with Artix like what's going on in the MMBN3 thread.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

FANSean posted:

When I saw Eevee post the update, I had to make sure there wasn't an identity switch with Artix like what's going on in the MMBN3 thread.

What about you talking about, Sean? EpeeEm's always had a pet chicken and a fond love for Mr. Prog.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

The opportunity to indulge in wordplay here is glaringly obvious; if Battle Ox has one thing going for him, it’s that he reaches a beefy 2700 HP. Super Stamina only improves this staying power, but sadly he lacks anything else to really make him useful beyond being a big block of hit points. With final stats of 3700/3100, 5 AP and Field-Adept as his only other ability, he would probably be more useful as rations. He does have his fusion with Mystic Horseman though, so he’ll get at least one mission to show what he can do.

With an attack that deals critical damage against his foe of choice, Dragon Seeker is another monster that would be nice to have had earlier. Showing solid stats all round (2200 HP, 5300/5400, 7 AP) with Night-Adept as a token ability, he should be able to perform just fine after getting those first couple of levels. Looking like some kind of strange superhero may or may not make him a more appealing party member.

Players might be a bit bitter toward Swamp Battleguard for being one of the reasons they need to replay Kaiba’s campaign, but at least he offers half-decent stats. (2400 HP, 5000/4700, 6 AP.) Having Field-Adept and Road-Adept don’t help him much, but he’s far from the worst warrior around. Still, probably not worth using without Lava Battleguard there for their special attack.

If nobody has any particularly strong opinions on how to rearrange the teams, Jusell’s going to get to show off Battle Ox’s fusion next update in a brief exception to the previous vote.

Taking a breather after that lopsided battle, we’re heading back to Uruvie Canyon for a nice quick clash. So, safari goers… Do you think the Black Dragon Squad can find any new members during this skirmish? And if so, where are they going to look for them?

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
This is the 3rd time they've used this map now. Once with Yugi, once with Kaiba. What did they like about this place so much?

Lazy reuse of a guess from Kaiba's campaign.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Level Seven posted:

This is the 3rd time they've used this map now. Once with Yugi, once with Kaiba. What did they like about this place so much?

Third? Try fifth - twice in Yugi's campaign (Refugees, For that Someone Special), twice in Kaiba's campaign (Framed, Raid), and now here. It's far from the most used map in the game (I believe that honor goes to Maryah-Denn, but I bet Enno gives it a run for its money), but it does show up pretty frequently, yes.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Wandering monster in the bottom right corner of the map.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Is there only those three marshals for this whole little campaign?

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
No monsters.

Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012

Glazius posted:

Is there only those three marshals for this whole little campaign?

The way that Joey was going on about been out numbered I'm guessing we are going to get a party member soon. Another generic villager perhaps?

South end of the stream for the monster guess.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Their next target is a supply unit passing through the Uruvie Canyon. The lightly-defended supply unit is a perfect target, and the supplies will help feed the new mouths on the squad. However, there’s word that there are reinforcements on their way to protect the supply unit. They’ll have to hit the unit fast and steal the supplies before the reinforcements reach their position.

Sounds like another of those missions with a supposedly tight time limit, but we should be able to spare a moment for our newest fusion. Right, time for the three-man raid!

Hey! You don’t think this is a trap, do you?!

Probably. Come on, let’s hit them fast!

Filler in our challenge campaign? Surely you jest! :rolleyes: Just because we’re back on this map yet again doesn’t mean a thing.

Oh no, however will we defeat all these enemies in time. :geno: Jusell gets shuffled in to defend the home front while Joey goes on a monster hunting expedition.

This encounter shouldn’t be too hard to find; despite what the dialogue may imply, the time limit here is still way too high to be much of a factor. If there is a reinforcement event before the end of the time limit, I’ve never seen it.

Also pictured, Aqua Madoor just barely peeking out of the forest back there.

A little understaffed today, perhaps to make them fit in with the rest of the mission. Even with Mountain-Adept active on one, these two really don’t pose much of a threat.

Despite their best efforts, they’re the ones who get crushed. :fuckoff:

Joey heals up on his way to take the centre base, but first…

This is a rather odd team for an enemy marshal, don’t you think? Anyway, Mystical Elf sticks to what she does best and empowers her friends with Fanaticism throughout this fight. Maybe it will make them into a decent challenge?

Yeah, not when Aqua Madoor blows all its AP on Tidal Wave. It does about 300 damage to each team member after the first power-up, and about 400 after the second. :flaccid:

At least this gives us a chance to get that new fusion on our monster list. Rabid Horseman would be pretty decent if he were a regular monster, but I wouldn’t consider him worth using as is. (2000 HP, 4900/4500 and 8 AP at max level along with gaining Forest-Adept.)

That’s the last we’ll be seeing of Battle Ox. Hardly a prize-winning bull, but at least nobody had to revive him.

Meanwhile, Joey stages his assault on Beyzon. Looks like the game’s introductory fusion pair are still alive and kicking.

Berfomet is considerably weaker than Gazelle despite having more health, so it’s not too difficult to nip this one in the bud. Again, Battle Ox’s regeneration means he gets left until last.

With those two handled, Malairuka gets to go in and take care of the boss with plenty of time remaining.

Hey, it’s these jerks! Not quite sure why one of them is so much weaker than the other… That seems like a glitch.

But wait, if they have both Battleguards…

Yep, their very first move is their combo special.

Ah, an earthquake caused by smacking the ground really hard! A sadly underused form of attack in cartoons and videogames.

Ow. Okay, you’re not getting to do that again. Good thing we have Healing Grace to patch that up.

A lucky critical on my side and a miss on theirs means Lava Battleguard drops without any of ours dying. However, the enemies are hardy enough to push the battle into its second round.

There, that ought to do it.

Tristan, is that you?!

I’m glad to see you’re still in one piece. I’ve been playing the role of a mercenary working for the Empire. But when I heard that we were fighting you, I quit. Needless to say, they weren’t real happy with my decision. They’ve been chasing me ever since, so it took me longer than I thought to get here.

Figures, imperial jerks. Have you run into Yugi or any of the others yet?

Nope. I’ve been looking, but I don’t have the faintest idea where they are.

Same here. Well, I guess we’ll just keep on fighting for now.

Right. We’re bound to get their attention eventually!

Well, of course we were going to get Joey’s buddy back first! (Remember what Tristan said so long ago at the end of Yugi’s second mission?) With one of our friends on board, the Empire had better watch out.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Blue Ghost posted:

The way that Joey was going on about been out numbered I'm guessing we are going to get a party member soon. Another generic villager perhaps?

Right on the money!

Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012

Senerio posted:

Right on the money!

I dislike been right sometimes.

They seem to just be scrapping together any monsters they can at this point.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Do I even want to know what Tristan's going to show up with?

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Probably his signature monsters! Like, uh...

uh

alakasam
Sep 15, 2011
Tristan's signiture monsters are Cyber Commando, who we already have and Super Roboyaro, who I don't think had been made by the time this game came out.

gently caress I beat this game and don't remember what he comes with. Goddamn Tristan you are so boring.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

He also gave Joey one of the Battleguard monsters (which were never used again after their debut :v:).

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

While it’s not possible to see what Jusell and Malairuka would be like at max level until after this campaign, we can fairly safely assume Tristan reaches the same 10/5/10 spread he does in Yugi’s campaign. Constructor is slightly redundant when Joey already has it, but I’m not complaining. And look what he brought with him...

Finally, the player gets their very own Dungeon Worm. With already pretty great stats (2700 HP, 4900/4600, 7 AP) that are almost constantly going to be boosted by Castle-Adept, the chance to inflict poison with each attack is just gravy. Allowing it to be one of the monsters that turns up properly levelled is almost too kind.

Monster Tamer isn’t quite as impressive as our first new team member, but he’s still decent. Reaching a total of 2100 HP, 4500/4300 and 5 AP, his power-boosting special and good abilities means that he should serve the player well through these final missions. Keeping him in with Dungeon Worm is also thematically appropriate, of course.

Hunter Spider is the definite weak point of Tristan’s line-up, offering nothing of any particular interest. (2000 HP, 4300/4000, 5 AP.) Weevil wouldn’t have minded having this beastie for a little while, but he’s fairly lackluster now.

Speaking of lackluster… Despite having a reasonable 1900 HP and 4500/4200 at max level, this pup offers only a paltry 4 AP. Level 2 Magic isn’t exactly a showstopper either, so I’d recommend passing this one over.

Unusually so, Sengenjin is one of the few monsters you can’t use in Challenge Mode on a new file. As such, accurate max stats aren’t really available for this big lug; we did get a pretty good idea what they’d be like last mission at least. Offering similar stats to Dungeon Worm with two less AP, he could still serve you well with a Deal of Phantom to help out.

Jusell’s probably going back to using Serpent Night Dragon and Swordstalker next mission; however, I’d be happy to replace either of them with someone new. (I would also be open to seeing Hunter Spider replaced.) Sengenjin, Dragon Seeker and Swamp Battleguard are all decent possibilities.

We’re going to have to fend off a full compliment of marshals next time, but do you think we’ll be able to find a new friend while we’re at it?

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.

Some random spot around here. Seems bullshit enough for this game's standards.

Also, I'd kinda like to see Swamp Battleguard in action. I used to like that card.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
Three monsters in that tiny strip of lighter terrain in the middle of the map.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Get a monster for each enemy town you conquer.

Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012
I'll say no monsters.

Good job Tristan, coming along with whatever was left in the monster pool.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

The Emperor has placed the High Mage of the Imperial Order, Archmage Ishtar, in charge of his forces. As good as they are, a force this large may be too much for the Black Dragon Squad.

The Black Dragon Squad had been laying low in Chelyuwn Fort, but it’s now being attacked by the advancing enemy.

Swamp Battleguard got requested, so he’s taking over the spider’s spot for today. Now let’s see what we can do about these Empire forces…

Bite me! I’m not giving up without a fight!

You fool. If you insist on spilling the blood of your men for nothing, so be it.

Hey, look who’s back! Odion usually has pretty decent teams to throw at us, so we had better be prepared.

While taking some preparatory measures against the five marshals headed our way, it seems that I may have set the cannon up a bit too early. It just barely catches the first guy.

Not that I’m complaining, mind you. This team has the potential to do quite a lot of damage if you let it use all that AP. And it saves health for the next fight…

…which is definitely a good thing. The Snake Hair is just as potent for the enemy as it could have been for us.

Despite things getting a bit rough at points, Malairuka’s team actually comes out of this one with full health all round.

Joey steps into the fort to take on our next opponent, who’s sporting a team often seen on our trips to the Hallowed Land of Ishtar. They’re considerably more annoying now that Fairy’s Gift has its healing special, Queen of Autumn Leaves can confuse on hit and Hane-Hane can be mildly annoying with its own special.

I actually made a bit of a mess of this one, I must admit. The possibility of confusing Fairy’s Gift somehow fails to register, so damage ends up getting spread around a bit before I realise my error.

Things go poorly from there, as confusion prevents me from healing or subsequently resurrecting Rocket Warrior after everything goes pear-shaped. Without his AP, Joey can’t even finish off the opponent.

Panicking ever so slightly, Tristan gets thrown in due to being closer to the cursor, without having time to look and realise he’s facing a team with two instances of Status Guard. It’s a pity that the poison won’t really be in play, but nothing too worrisome.

Suddenly sensing weakness and confusion, the AI manages to somehow string together critical hits and focused fire into almost taking out the hardy Dungeon Worm. :psyduck:

At least Swamp Battleguard ends up getting a third AP out of all this, so it’s not all bad.

Jusell jumps in afterwards, and in another example of me being off my game and/or having Artix’s luck catching up to me, gets to eat a special from that Hane-Hane that survived the earlier fight. :downs:

This loss of HP really doesn’t help with the next opponent, who has more AP and attack power on all of their monsters than Jusell’s team does.

Yeah… This has not been my finest moment. Jusell’s team desperately wants more AP if it’s going to take on healthy teams. (The clean-up goes smoothly at least.)

Joey heads out south to take out the last generic marshal while Tristan and Malairuka head west, downing medicine all the way.

For once, Joey’s fight is mercifully uninteresting. That Hane-Hane manages to survive through some luck with damage variance, so…

I take the chance to launch a rocket at it. :black101: Alright, time to take on Odion!

There is no escaping destiny.

Of course, Odion is fielding the same team he always has. Despite EoA still being a pretty good monster, the presence of Mystical Beast Serket makes him easier than most of his minions, especially when that special eats two of its four AP.

He’s pretty easy to beat into submission. :whip:

Swamp Battleguard gains another AP, giving him double what he started with. A good showing despite all the misfortune everyone else suffered.

Destiny’s not something that happens to you! It’s something you make happen! You’re the fool if you think someone like you who leaves everything to fate could ever defeat me!

Listen up! The enemy is confused. Now’s our chance to escape! Let’s go!

… … … Joey…

Not much of a haul today since we’re running away. It was a bit of a slog, but hopefully things will be looking up next time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Joey vs. Odion? And no bald jokes? What is this madness?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'd at least like to see some missions starting out with Joey actually doing bandit stuff.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Joey vs. Odion? And no bald jokes? What is this madness?

Oh, was that a thing? I must have forgotten that part... and looks like the writing team did too.

As for myself, anyone reading Faerie Fortune's Sims 3 University LP would know that I'm in no position to be making bald jokes. :sweatdrop:

-----

Well, the last mission was the first one of the campaign with no new monsters at all. Is this the second, or is something hiding out here in the Badlands?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

I have to guess that the monsters will be in the top left hand side.

GeneralYeti
Jul 22, 2012

Look at this smug broken asshole.
Hey, I (think? I) remember this map. We got a dude in one of the towns last time, right?

So obviously, it won't be there. Somewhere in that green patch on the bottom, I think.

Blue Ghost
Dec 12, 2012
Odion and several other people in the Yu-Gi-Oh universe say a lot of stuff about destiny, I wonder if that's to cover their own ineptitude? "Ah you only won because it was preordained!" Although they seem to think that destiny is always on their sides to begin with.

I will say No monsters.

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
One monster in every town.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

But Ishtar gave much faster pursuit than they had anticipated. He finally caught them in the “Beasty Badlands”. They’ve got nowhere left to run. Could their heroic resistance be at an end?

We keep running, that’s what! What else can we do?!

But if we don’t take some of them out now, they’ll have us completely surrounded!

I didn’t think they’d really follow us out here. They’re too darn persistent!

We’ve managed to find ourselves out in the Badlands once again, forced to forgo the banditry and fight for survival against the Ishtar forces.

There’s another long line of enemies coming to attack our home base, but the Badlands has plenty of open bases to capture and convince marshals to break away from the main group. If you had proper timing, you could get this lot to split up fairly easily.

This is no longer simply Odion’s division, so we have another familiar face leading the charge. But before we have to deal with that, Tower-Deneb in the north-west gets captured.

Hmph. Not quite what I pictured you doing, but then again, I’m in no position to comment. I’m looking for my younger twin sister. Although I’m not even sure if she’s alive or not. Supposedly, her name is Lora. This may just be a wild goose chase, but I have to find her. We are twins after all. What would you boys say to taking me along, hmm? Things are only going to get tougher from here on out. I’m sure you could use the help. And it’ll give me a chance to look around for my sister. Trust me, I won’t get in your way.

Gemini Elf (Kachua) has joined your army!

Quite the chatty elf, isn’t she? At least she won’t have to worry about getting in the way on the bench. Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled programming…

With the north-west and south-east towers both falling, that little congregation in the middle of the enemy forces is just starting to diverge and run off to attack either side. Oh, and that slowpoke in the back? Yeah, that’s Odion. On top of everything else, Mystical Beast Serket is pretty slow moving.

Since Jusell was the one left to defend the home base, this cannon fire is absolutely necessary. It also lets us get another look at the massive grotesques that every tower apparently has.

We do not wish to spill blood needlessly. Surrender.

Ishizu still has the same ridiculous set of monsters she has when joining Kaiba, so they’re still a handful even at one-third health.

Case in point. Dunames Dark Witch proves especially annoying to take down with its combination of Lucky and Status Guard.

However, the even bigger problem is that one of the enemies is still headed for our home base, so a healer has to be quickly bought and used to give Jusell a fighting chance.

Also pictured: An enemy who tried to attack Tower-Sirius in the south-west took up residence in Tower-Pegasi instead, because it was right in their path.

Figures that the marshal behind Ishizu was debatably the next biggest threat. Jusell is easily outgunned here, especially if he can’t stop the Crimson Sunbird from appearing.

It turns out that he can, but only after expending more than half of his total AP. I really can’t rely on this team to do much of anything, I’m afraid.

Still, they manage to hang in there, heal up and get their foes mopped up in the second round. They definitely get top marks for effort.

The rest of the moving enemies change course toward Tristan’s position in Tower-Centauri, leaving Joey a chance to go and claim Tower-Pegasi from its squatter. But first, a double feature of a rather annoying team.

Yes, it’s the Germ Infection and Raimei show! These two battles have the potential to be quite deadly…

…if not always for the reason you might expect. Dungeon Worm also misses on its next turn, because Dame RNG apparently wants Artix back. :v:

Oh, and let’s not forget that IFM has Final Flame either. The first one doesn’t actually use Raimei, opting for the single-target special instead (because the AI’s just that smart).

The second match is roughly the same, though we do get an example of how this combo is supposed to work when Dungeon Worm eats four turns worth of poison all at once.

Now to deal with that marshal who claimed the empty base… and who has Summoned Skull, which deals critical damage to machine monsters. Clearly, I am a master of strategy.

Of course, when the only attack Summoned Skull gets off hits the one non-machine monster on Joey’s team… :downs:

The rest of the fight is uneventful, but it gets Joey up to about where he was when he joined Yugi’s forces. :toot:

The last thing to do before taking on the boss is to finally take out Odion after he crawls over to Tristan. (Hey there, typo! At least T and R are right next to each other…)

It’s an Odion fight. It features Mystical Beast Serket spending its last two AP on Tribute Soul, then swiftly dying of poison. :downs:

Since Malairuka hasn’t seen any combat yet, he can slowly slither over and take on the last of the Ishtars.

That’s right; it’s our very first sighting of Marik Ishtar, or at least the simulated version. I wonder if Scott’s shown up and started manipulating him yet…

Heh heh heh… You’ve got nowhere to run now!

Aside from a special that his elves will probably never use, Marik’s team is basically just a solid set of stats. Very respectable for an end-of-stage boss, if not particularly interesting.

Embodiment of Apophis does an admirable job of facetanking just about everything in this fight, but the need to keep him healed means a Dark Elf just barely survives into round two.

Still, I’d say this is a pretty good end to a decently formidable stage, at least for our current teams.

Huh? Am I too late? You didn’t need me?

You’re too late, Mai.

Well, I got here as fast as I could, but you can’t rush a lady, you know.

Yes, this is indeed the same ‘joke’ dialogue from Yugi’s Mission 7. Mai’s arrival is once again set a bit too late; it would take about another two or three minutes out of battle before she showed up. It goes something like this:

We’re going to get killed out here!

Boss! The enemy is being attacked from behind! They’re totally disoriented!

What’s this?!

You left yourself wide open, Marik! Aha ha ha ha ha!

What’s the matter, Joey?! Having trouble?! Be glad I’m here to save you! Everything’g (sic) going to be alright now!

Argh! That meddlesome witch!

Hey Marik! Thanks for letting me split your army in half like that! Ha ha ha ha ha ha! We’ve got you completely surrounded! You’re the one with nowhere to run now!

It’s time to clean up this imperial riffraff, Joey! I’ll take this half, the rest is yours!

Thanks, Mai! You heard the lady - let’s go!

Hmm, this mission may not have been the most thoroughly proofread. Mai’s appearance actually does remove most of the enemies; only the Ishtars (and Odion) remain on the stage.

Now, where were we?

I’ll get you for this, Joey! You too, Mai! You’ll both pay dearly for this!

Marik’s parting comment doesn’t make much sense in the main run, but at least the tide has turned a bit.

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Aug 4, 2014

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

And his ability is "Master of the Egyptian Gods", of course.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Well I guess randomly throwing in Marik is one way to get Ra in the picture.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

BlitzBlast posted:

Well I guess randomly throwing in Marik is one way to get Ra in the picture.

Is it really throwing in Marik randomly when we already have Ishizu and Odion in the mix? Really, the bigger question is "Where the gently caress was he in Kaiba's campaign?"

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
With Swamp Battleguard and the other Gemini Elf, it really does feel like this was meant to be first. :psyduck:

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
So the elf's twin sister is 'supposedly' named Lora? What, is she not sure what her twin's name is?

Other than that, this campaign really does make way too much narrative sense to be first, I honestly don't get why they did it in the order they did.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

It's a mystery.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Keldulas posted:

So the elf's twin sister is 'supposedly' named Lora? What, is she not sure what her twin's name is?

Other than that, this campaign really does make way too much narrative sense to be first, I honestly don't get why they did it in the order they did.

I read it as "that's what she's calling herself now"

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh, so now we see Joey's... end boss? Kind of? The actual end boss of the video game this is supposed to be set inside?

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

We’ve got Mai on our side again, and she’s just as good as she was during Yugi’s campaign. We won’t be able to abuse the Harpie Ladies this time around, but she has brought along a fine collection of new monsters.

Mavelus has always been a decently imposing monster, though its magical ability may as well not even exist. Reaching an okay 2400 HP, 4400/4000 and 6 AP, Mavelus would be serviceable even without being part of a fusion.

Of course, Mai has also brought along Wing Eagle to let us test that fusion out. It’s slightly more fragile at 2200 HP, but final stats of 5000/4800 and 7 AP make it a better combatant than its partner. Mountain-Adept isn’t much in the way of abilities, but it’s usable.

Kanan the Swordmistress isn’t benefiting from Mai’s orb colour quite as much as the other two, but she’s still no slouch. 2000 HP, 4600/4600 and 6 AP before the almost ever-present Castle-Adept kicks in, making her stronger than either of the birds.

Our final newcomer is by far the least impressive; 1800 HP, 4200/3800 and 7 AP make for lackluster final stats, especially when she arrives at only level 40. She seems to lack the elven aptitude with magic as well, which means that not even the special with her long lost sister can save her from the bench.

So, safari goers... While we’re tangling with more of the imperials out at sea, can we possibly pick up something that will make Malairuka’s Navy ability not completely useless?

Yapping Eevee fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Aug 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Yapping Eevee posted:

can we possibly pick up something that will make Malairuka’s Navy ability not completely useless?

Nope.

No monsters this mission.

I just noticed that the spellcaster icon is a hexagram. Every instance of it in the card game was edited to something else. But it's okay here for some reason.

• Locked thread