Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ah right, was actually still in the middle of a post when I just saw the last bit. Hm. Well that is strange but watcher is considered a more powerful role usually. Don't know what else to tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Also as soon as I saw Toal's claim I figured out watcer would be the best fake claim for a scum to justify that action. I'm not buying this.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
Yeah, I mean. A town read of whoever you're watching is pretty important because you're trying to catch the NK I feel.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rarity posted:

I suppose there's a chance that Toal is scum pulling a gambit but that would be an insanely lucky guess for them to have worked out Bif visited Sandwolf correctly

Agreed, I must've been legit tracked last night, but that's interesting for the N1 choice Toal says they tracked Sci who'd claimed vanilla. You had that strong of a scum read on Sci already?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

Agreed, I must've been legit tracked last night, but that's interesting for the N1 choice Toal says they tracked Sci who'd claimed vanilla. You had that strong of a scum read on Sci already?

Yeah, I talk a lot about it d1 and I drop it entirely d2.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

I'm going to wait a bit for odd night watcher to come out before dropping a vote.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah, I mean. A town read of whoever you're watching is pretty important because you're trying to catch the NK I feel.

My strongest town reads last night were Rarity and Sci. But I didn't think they'd actually be more likely targets than Sandwolf. Today I still lean town on him but when you asked, it wasn't feeling that strong cause ever since the day opened he's been making bad posts about me.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Toalpaz posted:

I'm going to wait a bit for odd night watcher to come out before dropping a vote.

Uhhhhhhhhhh rolefish much

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah, I talk a lot about it d1 and I drop it entirely d2.

Just checked Toal's posting and this is correct (although in theory Sci coulda been a scum goon who didn't do the NK so it wasn't a 100% guaranteed clear)

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Bifauxnen posted:

It would take scum 3 nights to chew through all of us, and they're down two members. I think town can take these losses to solve the game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

omg Toalpaz amazing bless you

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

*elevated stress levels detected*

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I’m happy to lunch Bif here still, Toal is definitely town imo

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Just in case it's not obvious to anyone the reason Bif is claiming an even-night watcher is cause she has no idea who did what N1 and doesn't want to risk dropping a result that someone knows is false.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

The only thing I ragret is probably ensuring my death before I catch the SK. I think they're doing a decent job this game probably. But we'll see.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rarity posted:

Just checked Toal's posting and this is correct (although in theory Sci coulda been a scum goon who didn't do the NK so it wasn't a 100% guaranteed clear)

Ok that's actually decent evidence.

##unvote

Funny thing is I was tempted to just watch myself but didn't think anyone would be on me except maybe a cop and all that'd do is get me to back up or back off of someone quietly cause I wouldn't wanna say poo poo. Seems like it would've actually been a more helpful result though.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rarity posted:

Just in case it's not obvious to anyone the reason Bif is claiming an even-night watcher is cause she has no idea who did what N1 and doesn't want to risk dropping a result that someone knows is false.

The reason I'm claiming even-night watcher is because I'm an even-night watcher.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Welp off to work whee I'll leave this here just in case

##vote Amnistar

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Ok that's actually decent evidence.

##unvote

Funny thing is I was tempted to just watch myself but didn't think anyone would be on me except maybe a cop and all that'd do is get me to back up or back off of someone quietly cause I wouldn't wanna say poo poo. Seems like it would've actually been a more helpful result though.

i find that amusing

tommu: bif your action was a success. you saw ***** visit you. you are dead.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
self-watching is scummy

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bifauxnen posted:

Funny thing is I was tempted to just watch myself but didn't think anyone would be on me except maybe a cop

Why do you think scum wouldn't be interested in hitting you with say, a rolecop?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

self-watching is scummy

also this.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

self-watching is scummy

I didn't self-watch Birb sheesh

hambeet posted:

i find that amusing

tommu: bif your action was a success. you saw ***** visit you. you are dead.

Lol well if I'm getting NKed it doesn't matter who the gently caress I watch does it but again, I didn't end up self-watching

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Rarity posted:

Why do you think scum wouldn't be interested in hitting you with say, a rolecop?

Same reason I haven't been NKed, I'm prolly a decent lunch target this game

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Bifauxnen posted:

No I don't think she did better there, but I still think her actually being scum is unlikely since her effort game has been solid and consistent since day one. I haven't played with her before so maybe she's just like this every game, but I definitely read it as townie here. Her case on me draws a wrong conclusion but I don't think she's being unreasonable to see it that way, compared to some of the bullshit I usually get.

Pre-role claim but this isn’t convincing. Putting effort in of itself isn’t townie, especially when a lot of it is asking people for reads rather than developing cases. It’s the same thing gaspy said I tend to do as scum.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bifauxnen posted:

Same reason I haven't been NKed, I'm prolly a decent lunch target this game

Being a decent lynch target has nothing to do with whether scum would rolecop you or not. Scum love to leave me alive cause I'm an easy lynch target but they also love to rolecop me cause I'm a strong town player.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i've been catching up while lolling at bif, and i have to say that while i'm suss on rarity i do quite like the case she made on bif.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

although the apologizing to me for not agreeing with me re:bif d1, and then being so gosh darned agreeable when i've been casing / poking you gets me paranoid.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

amni seems to have done the re-read i wanted to do on epsilon. so i might start there a bit later today, then do gaspy and birb and then circle back to rarity.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

scum love to leave me alive because they want to see how much further I can sink

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

hambeet posted:

although the apologizing to me for not agreeing with me re:bif d1, and then being so gosh darned agreeable when i've been casing / poking you gets me paranoid.

I'm so used to having votes on me in mafia that I hadn't even registered you were casing me tbh

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

oh too cool for school huh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

hambeet posted:

oh too cool for school huh

You must have missed the bit where I said I did a maths degree

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

i bet Bif is rolecop

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

i bet Bif is rolecop

Yeah I figure that scum team is down to investigator and goon killer/roleblock gone killer or something and they've just been missing all game.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

hmm maybe SNG was right about the juggernaut...

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

scum love to leave me alive because they want to see how much further I can sink

this just gave me the idea post that scene from the never ending story with the boy labeled birb and the horse labeled birbs posting, but thought it might re-traumatise people.

which i've probably done by mentioning it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Rarity posted:

You must have missed the bit where I said I did a maths degree

lol so just missing social cues then. gotchya.

my 7 yo son is really good at math. he's a few year levels ahead. i keep telling him math is cool.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

How do we never talk about math again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sandwolf posted:

How do we never talk about math again

I wish I knew :negative: