Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

It would be nice to not run into helicopters every night.

https://clips.twitch.tv/HungryGiantGooseSSSsss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

VulgarandStupid posted:

The cheaters have definitely gotten worse lately. Seems like since they started announcing how many they're banning I'm just seeing more and more. Funny that.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

VulgarandStupid posted:

stop playing tpp

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

willroc7 posted:

stop playing tpp

Who gives a poo poo

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Penpal posted:

Who gives a poo poo

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Less cheaters in FPP. I think. I’m not good enough to get matchmade with a ton of them.

Also why I had been playing a ton on the Asian server for a while.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Less cheaters in FPP. I think. I’m not good enough to get matchmade with a ton of them.

Also why I had been playing a ton on the Asian server for a while.

While that's true, and I prefer FPP, I play with a few folks who don't so we tend to alternate depending on who's around.

THE RAGGY
Aug 17, 2014

I'm looking forward to a proper vaulting mechanic. I'm tired of jumping into gaps in walls like a retard over and over.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

willroc7 posted:

stop playing tpp

I think FPP is waaay better for the obvious reasons, but I think TPP can still be fun. I probably play 20% TPP and 80% FPP.

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Tpp is fine and fun there are just way less cheaters in fpp. I haven’t encountered a single one and I’ve hit quite a few in tpp.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

UWBW and I were playing duo yesterday and we wound up in an odd stalemate: we were in an attic on the edge NW of the island, covering their car while they were blocking the stairs out. Now mind you, we knew where they were long before the standoff because one had his mic on constantly. Chinese team chat and constant, wet chewing noises as they wondered why the bottom floor was looted.

We shot at each other a bit and UWBW wound up being the only uninjured party out of the four of us.

They offered to be a team with us. Nope. Then they offered to leave peacefully as the zone excluded all four of us. Sure enough, we heard two pairs of footsteps walked out of the house, into the grass... and stop. We knew they were right outside the door because the smack smack chomp smack swallow of the open mic gave away their position. UWBW called them out and they shut up. They then proceeded to get in the car, shrug off a mag of AK and drive straight into the ocean and drown. Bonus: they went in the opposite direction of the boat UWBW wound up snagging.

We died soon after but man that was certainly a fun one.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Shut up about modes no one cares

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Whelp, I squandered my 5 seconds of efame.

https://clips.twitch.tv/PlausibleProductivePeachPJSugar

To be fair if I knew he was up there I probably would have brought more than one shotgun shell and half health.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Since hits are client side would the cover even block shots? Whenever I had that bug where stuff didn't render in I could shoot people behind cover most of the time.

The cover is still there physically, it looks like it just screws with LOD, which overly simplified translation is if really far away objects render at x distance. Looks like they just turn it to like, 50 meters or something instead of the standard...1000? For example. If you scope in you'd see the cover pop into view all of a sudden.

Probably makes it absolute hell for driving with trees and rocks popping up everywhere instantly.

Guessing all this will get patched real soon with the test serv update.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
What is it about this game that turns half the people who play it into wannabe combination game designers, economists, and businessmen? God drat gamers are some of the most insufferable smartasses.

Not talking about this thread (mostly), it's just that when looking at the top gameplay clips on the subreddit I can't help myself and I'll check out the top few comments and 90% of them are just jerking each other off about how bluehole is run by chimps or whatever. Okay there's my vent post I'll go outside now.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Never go to reddit.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

What is it about this game that turns half the people who play it into wannabe combination game designers, economists, and businessmen? God drat gamers are some of the most insufferable smartasses.

Not talking about this thread (mostly), it's just that when looking at the top gameplay clips on the subreddit I can't help myself and I'll check out the top few comments and 90% of them are just jerking each other off about how bluehole is run by chimps or whatever. Okay there's my vent post I'll go outside now.

Is this the only competitive game you play?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

We're on like round 6 of pseudo-wallhacks being available because they didn't lock down the engine settings so it's not like they're actually wrong.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOqb_UzJSUQ

THE RAGGY
Aug 17, 2014

flatluigi posted:

Never go to reddit.

theredditdotcom is a hive of villainy where posts don't believe in chronograhic order. It should be nuked from orbit.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Never go to reddit or somethingawful

Only play in FPP

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

underage at the vape shop posted:

Shut up about modes no one cares

spoken like a true TPPer lmao

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Post your stats before discussing modes, thanks.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Stats in a game full of hackers :thunk:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

VulgarandStupid posted:

but fpp stats don't work-

ooooohhh

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

VulgarandStupid posted:

Cool Guy Who Knows What The Best Numbers Are

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

Hooplah posted:

Cool Guy Who Knows What The Best Numbers Are

Big numbers are better than little numbers.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
So 3PP elitists are a thing

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
3PP is the only way to fly

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

UP AND ADAM posted:

So 3PP elitists are a thing

The 3PP elitists usually don't show up until the FPP nerds make a few posts.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

my favorite youtube comment on a shroud video:

"let's see him do it in TPP"

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

New Dev Blog.
1.0 test servers going up next week.
https://playbattlegrounds.com/news/100.pu

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
May wanna check the date on that post.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

I made another video. It has some FPP content.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uuUtA_nDgs

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

On FPP right now I just saw my first 100% guaranteed cheater after 270 hours. He didn't even switch on until the game was already 15 minutes in, how rude.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

We actually had a decent cheater free night last night and it was great.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

So apparently AFK multi-boxing or botting is now a thing that is especially rampant in Asia. I started noticing it last season, we'd drop in Pochinki with other squads, only to not see any of them for 10 minutes. Eventually we'd clear every single house and find them just standing there and not reacting to us. We'd kill em, of course, but it's not very sporting. It's really unfortunate that the grand majority of the problems with this game are coming almost exclusively from China. I really hope the Chinese government goes ahead and bans the game.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Mode chat: I hit 600 hours a couple of days ago and I like both modes. 3PP is more fun to play, FPP is less fun but more tactically interesting and feels fairer. I think FPP squads will emerge as the clear tournament format.

Hackers are getting insane on OC servers though and they really need to do something about it. At the absolute minimum, servers need to be ping locked because the vast majority of cheaters are from china.

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord
I'm not keen on a pinglock, I much prefer playing squads on NA with goons simply because it's far easier to get a full squad of people who at the very least can listen to instructions. Maybe if it only applied to the lobby leader that would work best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
OC TPP squads there's a hacker in about one in every 2 games it feels like at the moment, duos seems better though.

• Locked thread