Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
I thought I hated my second league before today.
But nope, they proved me wrong.
Someone gave Robinson Cano for Shelby Miller and Santiago Casilla

...He likes the upside of Miller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Yeah that's a terrible deal.

Anyone know if Andriese is getting another start for the Rays this weekend? His blurb on ESPN says that he's staying in the rotation, but there's no 'next start date' or anything.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

ChiTownEddie posted:

I thought I hated my second league before today.
But nope, they proved me wrong.
Someone gave Robinson Cano for Shelby Miller and Santiago Casilla

...He likes the upside of Miller.

There's a guy in my league who literally fired off every single one of this first ten rounders for complete garbage in return but I'm the only one he tries to stick it to in trades because I was in first place.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Starting Matt Harvey at Coors Field and I'm not even worried

I'm fuckin terrified lol

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Clayton "Never had a bad season" Kershaw career stats at Coors: 8 - 3, 4.63, ERA 1.30 WHIP

Friends don't let friends start pitchers at Coors

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Start your Cubs/Pirates pitchers at your own risk, wind is blowing way out today. On the flip side it's Hammel and Liriano so you should probably start every Cub/Pirate batter you can find

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Brandon Drury has been putting up double-digit positive ownership % changes seemingly everyday. Thanks for the tip, goons.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
So this trade just happened in my league:

Team A gives:
Mike Trout
Jerad Weaver

Team B gives:
Edwin Encarnacion
Julio Teheran

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Poque posted:

Start your Cubs/Pirates pitchers at your own risk, wind is blowing way out today. On the flip side it's Hammel and Liriano so you should probably start every Cub/Pirate batter you can find

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vE8XJEeOpyA

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Well I was half right at least :v:

SO FAR

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

DoctaFun posted:

So this trade just happened in my league:

Team A gives:
Mike Trout
Jerad Weaver

Team B gives:
Edwin Encarnacion
Julio Teheran

Looks like a disgruntled Angels homer is washing his hands of everything Anaheim.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

Poque posted:

Didn't read this in time, and started both of them :v:

I'm pretty behind on ERA regardless so I probably would have started them still, but yeah.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

If Miller is bad tonight, he's done to waivers. Fair?

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
I dropped him everywhere a long time ago, I think most people are on the same page. I think he's unclaimed as a free agent in most of my leagues. Dare I ask, have you been actually starting him?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Doghouse posted:

I dropped him everywhere a long time ago, I think most people are on the same page. I think he's unclaimed as a free agent in most of my leagues. Dare I ask, have you been actually starting him?

Yeah I dropped him a long time ago too and he has been a free agent for a long time in all of my leagues. He has shown no reason to be rostered.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Byung Ho! My bro!

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
In my Roto league, I have this standing offer:

Give: Buster Posey, Matt Carpenter

Receive: Kris Bryant, Francisco Cervelli

As a Cubs homer, I'm quite tempted to make a deal for Bryant, but I'm assuming this guy won't do it without Posey involved. Is the dropoff at catcher bad enough that I should just forget about making any deal here? Or could acquiring a 1st round level talent be worth it? I could try to float someone like Adam Jones or Charlie Blackmon and see if he bites?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
That's a pretty fair trade. I'd rather be on the Bryant side, but I can see someone thinking Posey will come around.

I can't imagine him taking Jones for Bryant. May be worth a shot, or it might be insulting.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

DeepDickPizza posted:

In my Roto league, I have this standing offer:

Give: Buster Posey, Matt Carpenter

Receive: Kris Bryant, Francisco Cervelli

As a Cubs homer, I'm quite tempted to make a deal for Bryant, but I'm assuming this guy won't do it without Posey involved. Is the dropoff at catcher bad enough that I should just forget about making any deal here? Or could acquiring a 1st round level talent be worth it? I could try to float someone like Adam Jones or Charlie Blackmon and see if he bites?

I'd take that in a second. Bryant is hitting on the road this season.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
I know the common wisdom around here favors the "best player in the deal" side. I mostly worry that the catcher position has been a bigger dumpster fire than usual. However, Posey has also lagged on his usual studliness, so maybe selling him on name value now isn't the worst idea. I feel 100% confident that Bryant's numbers are going to explode as the weather heats up here in Chicago.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
edit: nm, not sure

Schweinhund fucked around with this message at 01:56 on May 14, 2016

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

adam jones finally waking up this week is pretty fucken cool.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

MinibarMatchman posted:

adam jones finally waking up this week is pretty fucken cool.

Came here to post this.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
What happens with catcher next year and beyond? Bochy already said Posey will be getting more rest this year. Belt to LF and Posey to 1B almost full time?

At least Gattis will pick it up... I think. Him and McCann should offer some low AVG pop.

VV Don't worry, you'll find a way!

Moneyball fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 14, 2016

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Ok, I think I'm going to take it. Hope I'm not loving everything up!!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
yahoo standard roto this trade just went down

Team A Gives:
Adrian Gonzalez
Max Scherzer

Team B Gives:
Anthony Rizzo
Addison Russell

Team A wins by a mile yeah?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Doltos posted:

Team A Gives:
Adrian Gonzalez
Max Scherzer

Team B Gives:
Anthony Rizzo
Addison Russell

I wouldn't say it's a huge gap. AGon isn't having that great of a year power-wise, and I'd rather have Rizzo than Scherzer.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

that trade entirely depends on the rest of each team's roster. that could make a lot of sense or no sense.

i would say value-wise it leans toward rizzo/russell

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Everyday I'm confronted with a Sophie's Choice of Carlos Gomez or Yasiel Puig starting in my outfield :(

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Doltos posted:

Team A Gives:
Adrian Gonzalez
Max Scherzer

Team B Gives:
Anthony Rizzo
Addison Russell

I'd say that depends on the scoring format a lot. I would be very happy to ave Scherzer.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
The three worst players on my team thus far are:

Miguel Cabrera
Joey Votty
Jose Abreu

Man, if those guys started producing I'd be in pretty drat good shape.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
:siren: Puig did a thing :siren:

DoctaFun posted:

The three worst players on my team thus far are:

Miguel Cabrera
Joey Votty
Jose Abreu

Man, if those guys started producing I'd be in pretty drat good shape.

Yeah I have Votto and Cabrera in a weird scoring league and somehow I'm nearly dead last in OBP and batting average?

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010

Moneyball posted:

What happens with catcher next year and beyond? Bochy already said Posey will be getting more rest this year. Belt to LF and Posey to 1B almost full time?

At least Gattis will pick it up... I think. Him and McCann should offer some low AVG pop.

VV Don't worry, you'll find a way!

What happened to Gattis? He's a pretty good pick up last year

Can of Cloud
May 20, 2010

Brodeurs Nanny posted:

If Miller is bad tonight, he's done to waivers. Fair?

I still have hope for Shelby ... .... ... ..... for gently caress's sake, please!

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

Can of Cloud posted:

What happened to Gattis? He's a pretty good pick up last year

He became a DH and lost his catcher eligibility, but the Astros just sent him down to AA to work on his catching so presumably he'll get it back again later this year.

GhostOfTomNook
Aug 17, 2003

El gallo Pinto no pinta,
el que pinta es el pintor.

Another auction keeper league offer for my last place team...

Give Goldschmidt (no real 2017 keeper value) for Syndergaard, who will be $15 and $18 the next two seasons. I suspect that his value is at least $30 in this league, so there's pretty good excess value. Any reason not to like it?

Edit: to be clear, I like this trade because it's 2.66 years of Syndergaard for .66 Goldshmidts.

GhostOfTomNook fucked around with this message at 16:34 on May 14, 2016

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Is Fielder broken or done or something? He got dropped in one of my pro leagues and fell to me with my 6th waiver priority.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Very glad I traded my 4 & 6 rnd picks to grab Harvey in the third. A+ move

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Yeah, Fielder's been pretty drat bad. I'm still holding out hope though. Luckily, I only have him in one league.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Gary Sanchez already demoted. Way to jerk around your top prospect yankees. And even worse, fantasy owners. :arghfist::mad:

• Locked thread