Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
Willing to bet that toal was protected last night.

I think Hal is SK and EP+ is scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bif +1 EPs setup spec would be too obvious then though, wouldn’t it?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

hambeet posted:

Bif +1 EPs setup spec would be too obvious then though, wouldn’t it?

Not if you need a Hail Mary. Can anyone else explain why E+ would have done that yesterday *when they did* as town?

I could see Hal as SK here. Or another person.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also epsilon + and b-minus on the same team would cancel each other out.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

hambeet posted:

Also epsilon + and b-minus on the same team would cancel each other out.

:eyepop:

also please come forward scum team survivor and also give up info on the SK and we'll lunch the SK first.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Maybe games imitate life and beet has been the SK the whole time.

Also afternoon all.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Bif spent a LOT of time throwing shade on Sandwolf but never voted for him.

Thinking this was covering all bases. Also watched Sandwolf because they were trying to catch the SK perhaps.

Why watch SW out of all people given the circumstances? Feels more like covering scum.

Conversely, Sandwolf has basically been dogging scum since day one so unless he’s some kind of bussing fanatic, aiming solely for an end game touchdown that arrangement doesn’t make any sense.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Asphyxious posted:

Also watched Sandwolf because they were trying to catch the SK perhaps.

Toalpaz posted:

Gaspy didn't visit anyone.

Uh these both can't be true statements right?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

he's talking about bif watching sandwolf.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Gridlocked posted:

Uh these both can't be true statements right?

I think Gaspy is referring to why bif claimed to watch sandwolf right, not what he himself did

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

also is this like you casing dead players again?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

loving beet

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Rarity posted:

Well I see that we only had one kill. In Call of Duty Mafia I was SK and held back my NK for 5 nights because I'd had a bunch of early heat on me and knew I was prime target for a tracker. This isn't enough to clear him for me on its own.

There is also the possibility that both teams felt some need to kill tpink

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Did tpink have any relevant reads?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Amnistar posted:

Willing to bet that toal was protected last night.

I think Hal is SK and EP+ is scum.

In one way this makes me feel better about you, but on the other hand why do you think I am a SK? Yesterday you thought I was scum so is there something that makes that different? Don't get the pivot

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

maybe tpink cracked teh scum code

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

also lol gridlock we should lunch you on principle

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sandwolf posted:

Did tpink have any relevant reads?

He was pretty good at catching scum tbh, even if he was pretty quiet. I don't think he had anything after bif that he was talking about though

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Toalpaz posted:

No way gridlocked is like a fresh comedy skit every day

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

hambeet posted:

also is this like you casing dead players again?

No it's me failing to understand how much exp I have to spend on a starting character.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Toalpaz posted:

You should. I'll take a burrito please.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Hal Incandenza posted:

In one way this makes me feel better about you, but on the other hand why do you think I am a SK? Yesterday you thought I was scum so is there something that makes that different? Don't get the pivot

I think I’ve figured it out

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990
With varying degrees of gut I’d think about voting

Rarity
Grid
Hal
EP
Amnistar
Beet?

in about that order

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Sandwolf posted:

Not if you need a Hail Mary. Can anyone else explain why E+ would have done that yesterday *when they did* as town?

feel free to completely disregard whatever I say but: it's because bif coming forward with a roleclaim confirmed what I knew and I wanted to either catch her in a lie, or catch her scum partner in a lie

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Okay, well now that she’s flipped, what do you think?

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Wait her scum partner in a lie?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Wait her scum partner in a lie?

yes, I still think a full claim is worthwhile but it would have been better done before hammer yesterday IMO

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

With varying degrees of gut I’d think about voting

Rarity
Grid
Hal
EP
Amnistar
Beet?

in about that order

U are an angel thank u

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Asphyxious posted:

U are an angel thank u

~~uguu~~

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

a blood angel?

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

reread Bif and feel better about amnistar and beet based on early interactions

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah nah, what're you two even on, Rarity had some mad D1 energy, showing even me up at the start, it was impressive

I know it when I see it you don't gently caress with that kinda town game

going to ##vote rarity though

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

reread Bif and feel better about amnistar and beet based on early interactions

going to ##vote rarity though

Ahhhh... nah?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

hambeet posted:

a blood angel?

No he died already.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

I want E+ to tell me more about the setup

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Like how do you not verify Toal’s claim? Why didn’t he point out that Bif’s role was a scum role? Why not tell us what the last scum’s role is?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Here's the stuff I wrote up about Hal during N3:

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote bif hobocops are cool but sailor moon is scummy I agree

He votes Bif at my insistence on D1 but plays it off as a jokevote which is a very effective way of looking like he's supporting my read while not actually supporting my read

Hal Incandenza posted:

We may diverge paths here Rarity

However he does not support my movement from Bif onto binus

Hal Incandenza posted:

I agree with beets post asking B- what the case is on DGK

“I agree with asking a question”, what the hell does this even mean?

Hal Incandenza posted:

In fact I’m actually much more inclined to ##vote SNG because Amni’s points on him are decent

Hal jumps on the SNG bandwagon pretty early and never really strays from there

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think the attempted push to bif here is weird too, but I’ve been a bit disengaged so maybe I’m missing something

SNG is a good vote

Here he writes off the late D1 movement onto Bif. I know he's already voting SNG but I could definitely see scum Hal giving up the newbie to save a much more experienced player like Bif.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I agree that SNG (partly through sheer volume) has started to seem a bit better, but there is a long history of scummy behavior and I agree with Toalpaz's thought that it's a lot to ask to believe that SNG happened to jail the NK choice and the scum happened to have a juggernaut or whatever that bypassed the alleged jail. Can't discount the possibility of redirects, etc... but on the whole it all seems very fishy.

I do like this post from Hal though. It's open minded and shows that he's been moved by the tone of SNG's posting while not forgetting about the night action issues. There's some complex details to his analysis.

Hal Incandenza posted:

The only reasoning to me at this point not to vote out SNG is that they are basically boxed in now and there is only so long you can go before getting trapped in a lie with that claim so if we have another decent candidate we can circle back to SNG next time they have an implausible result. But I would have to see some realllllly townie posts to get to that point. Also of course scum jailer is a perfectly feasible role to exist.

More fair reasoning from Hal here

Hal Incandenza posted:

Bif said she thinks this is town rarity but I am coming around on you trying to be the loud scum that controls the game

Hal Incandenza posted:

Add Amnistar to the Rarity pile of people who came out strong and now are coasting

Ok unrelated to other scum but this just jumped out to me. These quotes don't seem to match up. Am I trying to control the game or am I coasting? It's not really possible to do both.

Hal Incandenza posted:

Bif I have not really developed a read on yet, I will go back and look at the interaction with B- when I get the chance

Hal opens D3 by promising to go take a look at Bif. Despite being the main focus of the day he never addresses the cases on her again.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I think it is pretty likely that SNG's late day lumpen list would have a scumbuddy on it, but of course he chose to list 5 people as scummy (tpink/amni/sandwolf/gridlocked/bif). Had he even mentioned suspicion of bif before that post? That's something I need to look back on too. I really don't think tpink/sand/grid are scum. Amni IS the type that might bus a teammate who was playing badly, and he held back from really any other reads the first two days. Pushing tpink now is also sort of the "easy" case so he might be someone I need to look harder at.

In fact this is the closest he gets to looking at Bif again although really this is just another promise to do the homework later.

I started this read leaning scum, veered over to leaning town and now I'm back to leaning scum. His thoughts around SNG read as solid but everything else is looks like he's trying to avoid giving info about his other scumbuds.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
And now for Hawke:

Shitposting. So much shitposting.

This image is being used to say Bif is scum and beet is town which is first real opinion of the game.

Bif you seem rumbled for someone with two (2) votes on

Here he's skirting around the edges of the pressure on Bif without ever really jumping in to add anything.

He refuses to vote for SNG as D1 deadline approaches

The “push” on Gridlocked is scummier, but it is scummy how Rarity is trying to steer to the vote towards easy d1 targets.

##vote rarity

With DGK and SNG the two lynch leaders close to deadline he instead drops a pointless vote on me.

I’d switch to dgk if needed, their posts are worse than mine.

No one's up for lynching me D1 so instead he stakes his mast to the DGK lynch and does indeed later vote for him.

Two points:
  • I dislike Hal posting.
  • Toal is onto something with regard to voting Bif.

He shows further support for a Bif lynch with no follow through.

sng if you’re scum tell us who your scumbuds are cause they’re clearly not doing much to help you out

I'm not including this as a legit part of the case on him but I bet Hawke would think it hilarious to post this if he was the scumbuds not helping SNG out.

Rarity/amni/toal scumteam imo

12 hours after supporting Toal's case on Bif he's now dropped her completely and thinks Toal is scum for some reason? And then just like Bif he doesn't talk about SNG at all during D2.

It’s not exactly hard to see through scum making awkward posters like grid and sng into patsies

Oh wait no, here he's defending SNG. This is one time he mentions SNG during D2.

I think Bif isn’t a great choice because I really think SNG was just omgusing people.

Once again he's against voting Bif on D3 and there's still no explanation for the switch in suspicion.

Let’s find out ##vote Bif

I reread what Vif wrote about SNG and I feel better? ##unvote

“Tehehe I do totally suspect Bif but oops, not really lol jk”

And then finally comes in and votes Bif once the claims are already out and her fate was sealed. Gotta get that last minute towny cred!

Ok so I feel kinda bad around Hal but I think Hawke definitely comes away looking worse. I'm gonna give Eps another once over today to confirm my earlier town vibe and I should probably check out Amni as well but for now ##vote Hawke

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hal Incandenza posted:

There is also the possibility that both teams felt some need to kill tpink

Gonna be hilarious if this is some kind of Fire and Ice setup and Hal just scumslipped here

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

Asphyxious posted:

Ahhhh... nah?

Bif and amnistar doesn’t read like a scum-scum interaction. It’s harder to tell with beet because “cataract-inducing squabbling” is something they do well but I think there’s enough behind it to not be all for show, I think there’s actual frustration there that they’ve improved at walking away from

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

Like how do you not verify Toal’s claim?

Toal could have been scum making a lucky guess. (They still could be but I think it's unlikely.)

Sandwolf posted:

Why didn’t he point out that Bif’s role was a scum role?

Who would believe me without anything else supporting it?

Sandwolf posted:

Why not tell us what the last scum’s role is?

I don't know exactly, I only know what it might be. This is why I'm pulling for a full claim. If I explain what I know about the setup now, it's entirely possible that either enough people will disbelieve me to make it pointless, or the remaining scum who hasn't claimed could easily wriggle out of it.

Rarity posted:

Gonna be hilarious if this is some kind of Fire and Ice setup and Hal just scumslipped here

Pretty sure it's not.