Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

EccoRaven posted:

The gonne goes off, creating an earth-shattering kaboom! Everyone in the room winces and covers their ears in vain; they are all temporarily deafened. The echo reverberates for many seconds after the shot. When everyone recomposes themselves, however, they see that Shalashaska Hawke is still standing. In front of him is a bullet, floating in mid-air, held by milky white magickal energies. Hawke picks up the bullet and drops it on the ground. "Is that all you got?"

The day continues.

Sir Deimos, thank Ares you're alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

chaoslord posted:

Sir Deimos, thank Ares you're alive

Yes! But sadly I have been outlawed under Martian Law.

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Let’s make these fuckers squirm gang.

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

I’m going to sleep soon because that’s what I do. Town, keep the pressure on Toal, SNG, chaoslord. They need to give an opinion on whether they believe gamers claim that I’m his mason partner. Don’t hammer until we hear from them.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Somberbrero posted:

Agreed pods. While I would be curious to see Toal flip I can't imagine a world in which scum take those actions, because it's been confirmed more or less by birb that Toal really is a flavor cop(not a role cop though?).

##vote binus

Will compromise with a moat flip, feel better about the case on binus. Sorry I'm out of it today.

only vote of the day was on b-, trying to dodge around moat while throwing shade hmm

Somberbrero posted:

It genuinely must have sucked to fight your way off the dunk, almost have binus on lock, and then moat gets turboed out of nowhere. You're scum mvp to my mind if it makes you feel better though.

it's especially w e i r d how I am getting soft-turboed here when I was only voted for by five yesterday, too

sand (rip) toal yuming M n M ...

I dunno yummings deal anymore, but one M was scum and toal is lying about me and I've already aired my grievances against the other M

seems like an easy groupie to me. the only difference is you're going ham on me this time, somb

yuming
Feb 26, 2008

dance dance dance
:sun:

Okay chaoslord what do you think of gamer?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

yuming posted:

Makes romantic gestures towards voting Moat.

Actually votes b-

Super scummy.

##vote chaoslord

The first post is from a rushed catch up at the end of D2 before I disappeared for 3 days due to RL stuff. I forgot to do that, sure, but it's not the "gotcha!" you're trying to make it. The second post is accurate in that I liked Token's Moat case, but I also thought Token's case on b- was good. As I read, I thought b- had done scummier things and the case on them was a lot more persuasive than the one on moat

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

chaoslord posted:

The first post is from a rushed catch up at the end of D2 before I disappeared for 3 days due to RL stuff. I forgot to do that, sure, but it's not the "gotcha!" you're trying to make it. The second post is accurate in that I liked Token's Moat case, but I also thought Token's case on b- was good. As I read, I thought b- had done scummier things and the case on them was a lot more persuasive than the one on moat

Do you think I’m gamers mason friend that caused all this riff raff

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Friends, look for the people who pass by my posts about the whole mason thing

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

Chaoslord, please tell me what you think of gamer.

Only way for the Sandwolf kill makes sense is if gamer is scum, right? Can argue WIFOM here I suppose but I think in 9 out of 10 cases of something like this, it's the scum doing the obvious thing and hoping town WIFOMs out of it or, what usually happens, just ignores any thinking of "why" behind the NK. Sandwolf was the person pressing the hardest for info iirc, don't think anyone else was really probing too deep. I don't recall any posts that really made them standout, not sure they ever even hinted at a role.

I feel stupid that I put aside my feelings about the claim because of the mod, especially given I had just done that in Cpig's game.

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

chaoslord posted:

Only way for the Sandwolf kill makes sense is if gamer is scum, right? Can argue WIFOM here I suppose but I think in 9 out of 10 cases of something like this, it's the scum doing the obvious thing and hoping town WIFOMs out of it or, what usually happens, just ignores any thinking of "why" behind the NK. Sandwolf was the person pressing the hardest for info iirc, don't think anyone else was really probing too deep. I don't recall any posts that really made them standout, not sure they ever even hinted at a role.

I feel stupid that I put aside my feelings about the claim because of the mod, especially given I had just done that in Cpig's game.

Gamer claimed me as his nefarious mason friend. One of us is scum. Who is it

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

MisterJed posted:

Do you think I’m gamers mason friend that caused all this riff raff

Saw this in preview, unsure what riff raff unless you are talking about the other gameday when gamer claimed, but no, I don't think a mason friend exists

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

MisterJed posted:

Gamer claimed me as his nefarious mason friend. One of us is scum. Who is it

Also saw this in preview, and I'm unsure how you can read that post and wonder what my opinion is

MisterJed
May 9, 2004

Next up!

SNG, Toal

What do you think about gamer's claim that I'm his mason buddy, and what should we do about it?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

chaoslord posted:

Only way for the Sandwolf kill makes sense is if gamer is scum, right?

how

sand was going at it hard as if he knew I/jeb was lying. why wouldn't he get nk'd, that's loudly saying he was a power role

versus birb, b-, other M, myself who were all lynch targets

that's a weird push

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Somberbrero posted:

No I definitely called you scum. I really thought you were scum. I'm still idly entertaining the idea that you could be scum, but it seems unlikely right now.

:agreed:, but for me the idle speculation is not wanting to be wrong more than any game logic that leaves b- as scum, cause there's not many (any?) game perspectives where it's possible

The only way that b- is scum would be 1) for yuming to be scumbos with them (which I don't believe) and 2) they decided that some set of moat lurking was too detrimental and/or b-'s role being more important to the scum team was worth the switch, which is just a crazy stretch imo given that moat flipped doc

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

why would gamer name jed if he wasn’t

why would jed say he’s not if he is

whyyyyyyyyyyyy

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Gamerofthegame posted:

how

sand was going at it hard as if he knew I/jeb was lying. why wouldn't he get nk'd, that's loudly saying he was a power role

versus birb, b-, other M, myself who were all lynch targets

that's a weird push

I didn't read it as he had a power role, it read to me that his BS detector was going off and he was trying to tone it down after some bad experiences in other games recently rather than jump all over it so he went with some pointed questions

I think most people itt would have been wondering questions about your claim whether they thought it a good idea to push it in the thread or not, and that would necessarily include VTs, so I think the assumption that "Oh it was clear that sand was telegraphing a power role" is a strange one

Or maybe I'm just bad at reading mafia games and I'm the only one who did not pick that up off Sand, which would also not surprise me

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

sandnavyguy posted:

I absolutely do. I think there’s a cult and birb is behind it as cult leader.

There is 0% chance that birb is a cult leader and didn't cult me N0/N1

....unless....... :thunk:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SHALASHASKA HAWKE posted:

that’s right, I recruited moat and clord then we had to let moat go for violating our hr policies

:hfive:

xopods
Oct 26, 2010

why would gamer name jed if he wasn’t

why would jed say he’s not if he is

whyyyyyyyyyyyy

Simplest answer and therefore the likely correct one is he's not a mason at all, he only claimed that to postpone his lunch because he thought there was no chance he'd get us off him indefinitely.

He invented the story about the watcher mason buddy and results on Tokes in order to provoke a counterclaim or visible suspicion from a Town power role so they could kill that person. Sandwolf gave them the reaction they were looking for, so he died.

Now Gamer has accomplished the two of the three things he wanted to: postponing his lunch and finding a good NK target. Unfortunately for him he didn't manage the third thing, which was pushing the lunch onto b-minus yesterday.

At this point though he doesn't think he's got a chance of making it out of the day alive and just wants to get it over with.

Naming Jed as his buddy instead of admitting he lied about the whole thing is a WIFOM strategy. When we decide he's lying, lunch him and he flips Scum-aligned not-a-mason, we're meant to make assumptions about Jed's alignment based on whether we think he'd choose a Townie or a scum buddy to pit himself against in this battle of contradictory claims.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

you got one point right at least

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

MisterJed posted:

I’m going to sleep soon because that’s what I do. Town, keep the pressure on Toal, SNG, chaoslord. They need to give an opinion on whether they believe gamers claim that I’m his mason partner. Don’t hammer until we hear from them.

As far as my opinion on gamer goes, he seems like he could be scum and I’m highly skeptical of a second miller group AND a third party group.

. My flavor and win con, and imo the odd posting habits of several people, leads me fairly clearly to the conclusion there is some possibly substantial third party group (including me I guess) with a direct tie to the items in this game. I think having multiple mini factions is clutter so I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s lying.

If he’s not, and especially if he flips mason, then I’m almost certain we’ll needs to lunch Jed, because at the very least those two are clearly at odds since he’s won’t back up their claim.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

xopods posted:

This is not true. Flavor matters in Ecco games, at least a little. When the first gun exploded, that was clearly an intrinsic effect. If would have exploded no matter who shot it.

The flavor for SNGs gun indicates that it fired properly but an extrinsic effect caused the kill to fail. Whether that's Hawke's own power or that of an item Hawke is carrying I don't know, but it seems clear to me that Ecco was indicating that this gun would have worked if fired at someone else.

Yeah, the only reason a thing like a flavorcop can work is because Ecco super cares about her flavor. That wasn't just for nothin.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

xopods posted:

Simplest answer and therefore the likely correct one is he's not a mason at all, he only claimed that to postpone his lunch because he thought there was no chance he'd get us off him indefinitely.

He invented the story about the watcher mason buddy and results on Tokes in order to provoke a counterclaim or visible suspicion from a Town power role so they could kill that person. Sandwolf gave them the reaction they were looking for, so he died.

Now Gamer has accomplished the two of the three things he wanted to: postponing his lunch and finding a good NK target. Unfortunately for him he didn't manage the third thing, which was pushing the lunch onto b-minus yesterday.

At this point though he doesn't think he's got a chance of making it out of the day alive and just wants to get it over with.

Naming Jed as his buddy instead of admitting he lied about the whole thing is a WIFOM strategy. When we decide he's lying, lunch him and he flips Scum-aligned not-a-mason, we're meant to make assumptions about Jed's alignment based on whether we think he'd choose a Townie or a scum buddy to pit himself against in this battle of contradictory claims.

This is a great summary and layout of the information we have. Strong thesis and solid supporting arguments. Good job Pods!

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
##unvote
##vote Sand Navy Guy

This sort of wack third party hunting is also kind of indicative of scum who are spooked and trying to hunt third party factions, maybe because they didn't poison or maybe because they keep missing kills? I dunno. I don't I've had a satisfactory answer towards SNG's thought process and this whole line of thought is weird.

I want to stress again SNG was wrong about Birb having an item and using that reason actions he took in thread. He also says he has an ability to see what items do but hasn't full claimed his targets or have answers for what any of the 3 items I'm holding do.

Naturally my vote confirms SNG as town but still I think this stinks.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

there’s also Toal getting a different result to what Gamer claimed

there’s also also the secretary claim, when Soda already flipped town secretary. that’s not a slam dunk but there have been scum secretaries in Ecco games*

*like in insulting inquiry, the leader of the scum team claimed party secretary when in fact the party were the scum faction. what a moron.

lmao I forgot about that, Mr Pink

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

##unvote
##vote Sand Navy Guy

This sort of wack third party hunting is also kind of indicative of scum who are spooked and trying to hunt third party factions, maybe because they didn't poison or maybe because they keep missing kills? I dunno. I don't I've had a satisfactory answer towards SNG's thought process and this whole line of thought is weird.

I want to stress again SNG was wrong about Birb having an item and using that reason actions he took in thread. He also says he has an ability to see what items do but hasn't full claimed his targets or have answers for what any of the 3 items I'm holding do.

it's dumb, don't disagree.

sng has looked bad all game, so that's not a big surprise.

however!! what do you think about birb, who had some manner of BP and thus not being at risk of self-vig, not firing their gonne all day despite going on about using it?

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

it's dumb, don't disagree.

sng has looked bad all game, so that's not a big surprise.

however!! what do you think about birb, who had some manner of BP and thus not being at risk of self-vig, not firing their gonne all day despite going on about using it?

This BP is a theory, it's unclaimed and doesn't have a lot of supporting evidence. SNG claimed to know that the BP existed because of an item that Birb never actually received d1.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

what

birb very explicitly was bulletproof there.

sng knowing it is irrelevant, I am referring to birb

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

[quote="SHALASHASKA HAWKE" post="504838924"]
[quote="MisterJed" post="504838380"]
This is a really good point and I don't think gamer's response is convincing. Also, the "i've heard that someone tried to kill TF 3x" came right as momentum was shifting to gamer early on D3. Also the idea is insane and I don't believe it happened. My preference is ##vote gamer though I like the case on chaos too. Hawke and SNG are also suspicious to me but it seems like they're more likely to be 3P, and gamer/chaos are the scum we should kill.

Not sure what to think of mona.
[/quote

I’m not 3P though, I’m town
[/quote

-2, goin to bed, scarce tomorrow, caught a scum, etc etc

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

some folks just don’t know how to handle a dayvig, smh smh

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

However, you grabbed the gun, which you did not use,despite the fact that you had a BP ability. I just wanted tomake it more difficult to shoot someone, since I figured the guns are probably self-kills combined with active shots.If you had the BP, you'd be more incentivised to use it since if it blew in your face itd be a wash

sandnavyguy posted:

Im not pretending, I spied on the item given to you on N1. It grants 1 BP during the Day. I'm guessing a counter to the weapons. Did you not know what it did? Likewise, since there was a scum Doctor, I'm guessing Token F's the one who had the night kill prevention gem. If Gamer is telling the truth that is.

sandnavyguy posted:

Fine, if only so we can focus on getting rid of the instalose condition. I'm head of the city's bakery union. also, I'm clandestinely part of the democratic revolution, which is anti-ducist but not neccesarily republican. I can use my gem, a diamond spyglass, to see the action that one given item, or person will have per night. I have a survivor win condition, in addition to the fact that the majority of the gems must not be in the hands of the state or it's agents. As to what the state is, I don't know. I assume its a 3p cult situation, as it would be hard for a single person to gather the majority of the items themselves. And as I said, the flavor said if 3p gets the gems, we all lose.

So this role spies on people and 'sees' items being given and also knows what's being given. SNG also used it on himself last night to learn the ability of an item he was holding? It's weird!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

chaoslord posted:

dropping final vote a full twenty four hours before deadline lol

really a town paying and being invested in the vote here

Toalpaz posted:

sng I really dont think birb was bp there, that is just flavour writing imo.

I find it weird, toal

that you both keep calling your cop role cop when you're flavor (and lying about mine ofc ofc just to remind the audience here) and you think flavor means nothing

and that you don't think that was bp which is dumb a f, of course

pretty sure you're full of poo poo and bussing sng who's made a weird claim so you can drop heat from pmom/yumming/whoever-it-was-I-can't-be-assed as the stronger player

also also

sandnavyguy posted:

the hands of the state or it's agents.

EccoRaven posted:

Token Female stands atop a chair and grabs everyone's attention. The bickering only barely quiets down before she shocks the entire crowd. She pulls out a small package from her bag, and from the package pulls out... a crown! A royal crown! Could it be, THE Crown of Ledola, the most sacred treasure in the city? A golden band lined with ermine, rubies and sapphires on points, and a beautiful pure white moonstone atop the monde. She places the crown on her head and shout:

"IN THE NAMES OF THE DIVINE, LOVE, DEATH, AND WISDOM, AND BEFORE YOU ALL IN THE COURT OF OUR FELLOW MEN, I, HEREBY SENTENCE IXTLILTON TO DEATH!"

The Councillors all turn on Ixt. If the avatar of The State itself orders Ixt to die, then die he must. They grab Ixt and throw him out a window, where he splats in the water below. His legs break on the water and he slowly, but quite loudly, drowns.

tokes is aligned with the state. either that's an awkward push to throw shade on tokes or a scum slip damning his ally

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

tokes is aligned with the state. either that's an awkward push to throw shade on tokes or a scum slip damning his ally

I'd buy a scum tokes but I also wouldn't be surprised if she was doctored night 2.

But scum doctor flipped, and also the n2 kill is accounted for in the poisoning of sandwolf. So even though tokes day vigged scum it appears she wasn't the target of a scum kill.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

chaoslord posted:

thank you for your service :patriot:

##unvote i guess

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

So this role spies on people and 'sees' items being given and also knows what's being given. SNG also used it on himself last night to learn the ability of an item he was holding? It's weird!

How is that weird? I was given an item, and the flavor text did not tell me what it was. Using the item already in my possession, I checked to find out what it did. How on earth is that outside the realm of what is reasonable? But that doesn’t matter, Because I finally caught someone in a contradiction!

Toalpaz posted:

##unvote
##vote Sand Navy Guy

Toal, you can not possibly know for a fact what birb is or is not holding.

Unless you’re a role cop,
AND flavor cop or watcher,
AND MAson,
AND have the power explicitly given to MY start item,
AND you still had time to manage completing all the tasks you laid out earlier or whatever happened behind the scenes between you and hawke and somber and gamer with ONLY 3Night actions

Even if you slipped or mean it hypothetically, there’s no way to have all this “confirmed” information at your fingertips. That is too OP to be reasonable. unless...

You’re in a cult, scum, or lying.

##unvote

##Vote Toal

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

sandnavyguy posted:

How is that weird? I was given an item, and the flavor text did not tell me what it was. Using the item already in my possession, I checked to find out what it did. How on earth is that outside the realm of what is reasonable? But that doesn’t matter, Because I finally caught someone in a contradiction!

Toal, you can not possibly know for a fact what birb is or is not holding.

Unless you’re a role cop,
AND flavor cop or watcher,
AND MAson,
AND have the power explicitly given to MY start item,
AND you still had time to manage completing all the tasks you laid out earlier or whatever happened behind the scenes between you and hawke and somber and gamer with ONLY 3Night actions

Even if you slipped or mean it hypothetically, there’s no way to have all this “confirmed” information at your fingertips. That is too OP to be reasonable. unless...

You’re in a cult, scum, or lying.

##unvote

##Vote Toal

I mean you're wrong because birb denied it and you also have no n2 claim for what you did and what your action is. None of this is 'confirmed' but this is my theory on the issue?

Are you admitting that birb never received an item granting him bp here or...?

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

Toalpaz posted:

I mean you're wrong because birb denied it and you also have no n2 claim for what you did and what your action is. None of this is 'confirmed' but this is my theory on the issue?

Are you admitting that birb never received an item granting him bp here or...?

THey did have it. It was used when I shot them. As I explained before, the primary reason for shooting him was that between how he was acting with the gun, his 3p posting style, and the flavor text that you put out here about his role, I was confident he was a state agent and probably had the BP jewel. And my bet was if he didn’t, he was 3p anyway and a good kill. I don’t see how this is confusing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sandnavyguy
Sep 12, 2015

The text for his near death was very explicit. Magical energies keeping the bullet in the air. White light, which imo is from the silver amulet which I’ve confirmed at least to myself is in play. I don’t know what else to say. I’m not speaking generalities, I’m being painfully specific and clear. He’s lying. And if you have any reason to confirm or deny beyond theory, it calls into question HOW you got the info. And you are too good a player to make that kind of logical mistake.