Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Hey, that's a hammer for SirSamVimes!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Congratulations you all deserve this.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
:ghost::f5::ghost:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
:ghost: :munch: :ghost:

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I hope I never make it to lylo again

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The sound of the gun shot cracked through the square.

YPM saw it first, before everyone else.

SSV was getting off the tram, heading towards the food line. As he passed YPM, his hand got caught on the railing. His skin ripped. Underneath, YPM saw green.

He remembered Podima, the erstwhile alien that had been dragged off to god knows where after he confessed on the bus.

All those dead people. All the people yet to die. He was tired of being so powerless to do anything.

In the distance, PMom watched.

YPM pulled out his revolver. The one tucked in his ankle. He thought he’d never have to fire this thing again.

He pulled the trigger. It blew open SSV’s mellon. Green goo showered the crowd.

Sir Sam Vimes, Passive Roleblocker, Alien, City Government Aligned (TOWN) has been shot in the head Day 6.

PMom walked up behind YPM.

YPM turned, and just barely caught the gleam go out of PMom’s eyes, leaving behind two dead circuits that no longer cared or judged. They simply were.

PMom had wired himself with a nuclear warhead.

PMom exploded.

The city was finished.

YPM, Vengeful Doc Vig, City Government Aligned (TOWN) has been endgamed.

PMom, Role Cop, New Fever Aligned (SCUM), has an unasailable majority of the vote.

SCUM WINS!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Ughhughugh I'm sorry town

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GG lynching me D1 nerds

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
It's fine, after I saw the setup it was pretty obvious why PMOM picked you.

All your posts were on SSV, it was an easy sell.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

GG lynching me D1 nerds

I had no part in that!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

gg

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Setup:

10 VT
3 Mafia Goons

Drawrof = Forward in reverse.
Or, Backup.

Flavor Doc

Scum Doc

Observer Doc

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
I think it was PMom's handling of AR that sold me the most. It just did not read like a bus to me

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I mostly killed TMM because I thought YPM/SSV/me would be the most uncertain LYLO. It wasn't strategy, just "which outcome is most interesting".

Your Personal Muse posted:

I think it was PMom's handling of AR that sold me the most. It just did not read like a bus to me

He made a legit scum slip and, well, the choice between "hope nobody notices it" and "milk it for all it's worth" is very easy!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Mod Notes:

This was really fun. It started as an idea I had quite a few months ago, after all the hubub in the soldiers game about how unfair my princess cop ability was. I really took those criticisms to heart, and wanted to put together a somehow fun vanilla game. Then I started trying to figure out how I could make a vanilla game while hiding it's nature from everyone, at least when it started.

Originally, everyone was a unique backup, but I figured that whoever got backup princess would immediately go "no way" and figure it out, so I did some work to make it a little harder.

Scum had roles just to make them think there was stuff out there, at first, but I did give them a few more hints to start with than town about the nature of the setup. If you read the scum doc, AR and Podima put it together halfway through Day 1, which is why AR claimed cop. I knew that was a danger, but I also figured town would understand the setup eventually too, and would wonder why someone had claimed cop. It worked itself out.

Sadly, Podima had a few things come in IRL and had to leave. By the time that happened, he already had some heat on him. He didn't want to screw his team over, but also couldn't focus on the game anymore, so we agreed that he would just scumclaim.

I think this got balanced out by Meds getting the hated status. TMM realized that they could not bring Adahn into lylo, so he pretty much had to be lunched no matter what.

Anyway, I enjoyed the realization on Day 2, and how some of the arguments played out.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm so irritated I was killed because I was going to claim 3P and see how people reacted.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

I'm so irritated I was killed because I was going to claim 3P and see how people reacted.

Holy poo poo that would have been amazing.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
maaaan what a true bastard setup max.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
I can't believe I figured out the setup while idly musing on day one in scumdoc, but that was a crazy fun game.

Good job Pmom on the scum victory!

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

TMMadman posted:

I was thinking about claiming survivor but I thought people wouldn't believe it

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I knew it had to be between SSV and PMom, although I would have probably guessed SSV because those catchup posts he made the other day felt so scummy.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Kashuno posted:

maaaan what a true bastard setup max.

Thank you.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

TMMadman posted:

I knew it had to be between SSV and PMom, although I would have probably guessed SSV because those catchup posts he made the other day felt so scummy.

My scum read of SSV was "scum disinterested in the game" so when he refused to defend himself it pretty much sealed it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
This was fun to figure out. Great fun. Good job scum.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
In fact that PMom post where he kind of swept the whole kill speculation under the rug rubbed me the wrong way for reasons I can't explain, although I still probably would have voted SSV even if he had defended

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

You both seemed pretty convince.

I think I can safely say this is one of the worst town games I've ever played. I mean, my town play was awful, not the game itself.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I have one or two things I would tweak about this setup. One area I screwed up on, which TMM caught but sadly didn't pursue, was that I had lumped scum into each one of the types of fake roles. I hadn't thought of that at the time when I was writing them, so technically yes, you could solve the game by looking at the claims. But that was a rather oblique one. Ultimately I had hoped people would just ignore everything I had been saying and play the game by looking at each other's posts.

Sadly, I don't know if I can ever pull this off again, so this was a one time treat, really. Unless someone other than me does the same thing in a year or so.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
SSV, I'm not sure why you thought YPM was scum. I mean I was after him the most before the AR lynch, but after that I was pretty convinced he was town. He argued way too hard to get AR lynched.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I have one or two things I would tweak about this setup. One area I screwed up on, which TMM caught but sadly didn't pursue, was that I had lumped scum into each one of the types of fake roles. I hadn't thought of that at the time when I was writing them, so technically yes, you could solve the game by looking at the claims. But that was a rather oblique one. Ultimately I had hoped people would just ignore everything I had been saying and play the game by looking at each other's posts.

Sadly, I don't know if I can ever pull this off again, so this was a one time treat, really. Unless someone other than me does the same thing in a year or so.

I pursued that angle pretty heavily, but nobody wanted to believe me!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

TMMadman posted:

Yes, you are right about that, you did catch on and push it. I think SSV also complicated things, since I intentionally made him not fit into any area. He was there to confuse town when he claimed and confound scum, in the event that they targeted him for a roleblock or role cop.

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude

TMMadman posted:

In my defense it went into my calculations at lylo. I'm just garbage and the worst

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also holy jeeze replacing 1/3 of the game within the first two days is crazy.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

Yes, you are right about that, you did catch on and push it. I think SSV also complicated things, since I intentionally made him not fit into any area. He was there to confuse town when he claimed and confound scum, in the event that they targeted him for a roleblock or role cop.

Yeah, I probably should have laid out that whole scenario again after PMom made his actual claim because PMom and SSV weren't in the same group.

I would have adjusted the groups to the 4 duplicate backups, 3 unduplicated backups, 3 revenge vigs and 2 enablers+SSV group.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Your Personal Muse posted:

In my defense it went into my calculations at lylo. I'm just garbage and the worst

Well again, it was partially because my groupings were wrong and I had PMom/SSV in the same group.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
It's interesting to see an active scumdoc, the only time I've been scum I was lucky to see people post in the thread, much less the scumdoc.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Adahn1986 posted:

It's interesting to see an active scumdoc, the only time I've been scum I was lucky to see people post in the thread, much less the scumdoc.

I like seeing active scumdocs, you learn a lot.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
i shouldnt have let myself die on day 3 or whatever but i was driving when i got hammered

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i shouldnt have let myself die on day 3 or whatever but i was driving when i got hammered

Yours was truly the dumbest lynch of the game. There was no way you were scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Well, it's really rough in an all vanilla game. I assumed we'd get something to go on, because most games are set up using a points system. For example, in werewolf each werewolf is worth 6 points and each vanilla townie is 1 point, so a balanced game would be 18 townies and 3 mafia, or 12 townies and 2 mafia if there are no power roles.

• Locked thread