Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

ThePineapple posted:

What is everyone's preferred filter for endgame / mapping? I'm using the default neversink filter and am at the point where there's getting to be a ton of clutter everywhere. Is there a go-to stricter filter for endgame?

Speaking of, do you all still do the chaos recipe when mapping? Or do you not bother. I've given up on trying to figure out whether random rare items are worth anything individually. Even if the filter tells me that it's a good base, most of the time it will still be worth <1c. So I have been doing the chaos recipe, but now that I'm getting into higher level zones I'm getting regals instead, and it's even more of a pain to try to find a lower level rare item so I get chaos.

I use Neversink Strict, don't bother with chaos recipe.

I am generally broke as gently caress in this game though :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
I've been using semi-strict and vendoring a poo poo-ton of lovely rares for alts, which I then sell for chaos.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

anything below strict is way too loose for endgame. i customize my own version of strict personally. could probably use very strict but i have just been changing this one when i feel like it instead.

usually you dont do the chaos recipe but this league its somewhat more viable due to all the rares alva shits out. i still dont bother (and its easily my most wealthy league to date) but if you want to you just collect your rares normally and then run 1 or 2 lower lvl maps to grab a bunch low ilvl chest armor or something to bring the regals back down to chaos.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I usually do chaos recipie until anything I want is gonna go for more than a few chaos

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

ThePineapple posted:

What is everyone's preferred filter for endgame / mapping? I'm using the default neversink filter and am at the point where there's getting to be a ton of clutter everywhere. Is there a go-to stricter filter for endgame?

Speaking of, do you all still do the chaos recipe when mapping? Or do you not bother. I've given up on trying to figure out whether random rare items are worth anything individually. Even if the filter tells me that it's a good base, most of the time it will still be worth <1c. So I have been doing the chaos recipe, but now that I'm getting into higher level zones I'm getting regals instead, and it's even more of a pain to try to find a lower level rare item so I get chaos.

I use the strict filter on never sinks.

As for chaos/regal recipe, yea I do it but I purchased a quad tab specifically for it as it got too much of a time sink using multiple tabs to sort it rather than mapping. I've found that I slam far more regals into good rares i.e jewels than before I had a quad tab and it has paid off many times over by not doing the recipe and do more maps but everyone has their own prefered method.

Will I do it as much next league? I dunno tbh. Incursions has made life 100 times easier with the big pile of loot.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
My filter towards the end of the game (when I'm 90+ and just farming) is basically 'is this a unique or elder/shaper base that will sell for more than 5c? no? gently caress off then'

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
After watching all those "heres the loot i got from 1 million burial chambers" videos, everyones making their currency off of jewelers and div cards. So i just set my filter to neversink very strict and not care about most of the things that drop even from that.

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.
If you are farming 120-180 chaos an hour, thats 2-3 chaos a minute.

So you have around 4-6 seconds to pickup, stash/retrieve and vendor each item to break even ( in terms of incremental time spent) on the chaos recipe. Definitely profitable if you aren't in GG gear.

Maybe once you have +250% movement speed, +70% item quantity and 1-shot packs and start to hit 200-300 chaos an hour, it is unprofitable at 2-3 seconds per item, (or at least is breakeven so you avoid it, because doing it requries mental attention).

Applebee123 fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 28, 2018

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
While you're not wrong, the secret ingredient is: I don't wanna. When I reach a certain level of wealth I just don't care enough to collect pocket change, fully acknowledging I'm leaving money on the floor.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah, I'm sure I could make more chaos per hour by doing the recipe, but I'm playing for fun, I'm not a professional chaos farmer.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thinking about my chaos per hour is way too close to work for me when playing a game.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
Every time people talk about dump tabs and efficient mapping techniques I feel like playing this game less.

Applebee123
Oct 9, 2007

That's 10$ for the spinefund.

Vasudus posted:

While you're not wrong, the secret ingredient is: I don't wanna. When I reach a certain level of wealth I just don't care enough to collect pocket change, fully acknowledging I'm leaving money on the floor.

Oh I agree with this definitely! You reach the point where you say "well I could marginally increase my chaos/hour by 7% if I focus hard and do the chaos recipe, but I would rather zone out and just click whatever my loot filter highlights and not have to think too hard".

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I do the 2c recipe this league - I pick up amulets, rings, and belts as I map. Then when I have a full stash tab I organize one quad with rings and belts across the top two rows and use Alva explosions to get the remaining items over about three maps. I have two loot filters and I load one that shows additional rares for the Alva sections. Doing this I get infusions of 40 or so mixed chaos and regals for 5mins of sorting and selling work between mapping or labs or when multitasking (PoB, eating, whatever) without adding much effort at all to my regular mapping. I think it's pretty loving profitable (30% of my total wealth generation) this league compared to normal, to be honest.

And re: dump tabs I felt the same way for ages, but replacing vendoring every map with a dump tab for rares and 6sockets and such is a huge efficiency increase for very little work. I still sort currency, maps, essences, div cards and sellable items each full inv, but the one add of a tab for rares, small uniques, misc items like qual gems or whatever, is a big boon. Let's me map more and Tetris less. I'm not about mega efficiency but anything that means I get to maximize my monster clicking to inventory clicking time is good in my book.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/StashAugustine/characters

LyudmilaPavilchenko is gonna be doing guardians/shaper soon. I have probably like 2-300c to spend on her, is there anything she really needs? Point blank quiver is probably the one thing I can reasonably get, a good corrupted frostferno would be good but lol @ the price. Idk if she needs anything else really, I might just buy up sextants/chisels and blow chaos on zana

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

guardians/shaper should be easy with that gear and ele hit

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Awesome! posted:

thinking about my chaos per hour is way too close to work for me when playing a game.

If it's not worth putting on a spreadsheet, it's not worth playing, as my grandma used to say.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Look into getting a 6L +3 bow. They can be made yourself for surprisingly cheap. I think I talked about it earlier, but buy a set of Porcupine cards, get out a 6L short bow. Hit it with a +2 elemental gems essence (Shrieking Rage for +2 fire gems is by far the best, but Shrieking Sorrow/Spite are also valid).

Ideally you have only 2 prefixes and 2 suffixes. Here is the trick to guarantee a +3 bow: use catarina 8 to craft "cannot roll attack mods" on that bow. Because that meta mod is a suffix, only a prefix is now available. The thing is, out of all the prefixes that can be rolled, all but one are classed as "attack" mods. That one remaining is +1 to all gems, meaning you have a guaranteed +3 gems bow for elemental hit. Afterwards, remove the catarina metamod suffix craft, and put on a tora attack speed roll.

This is what I made myself using this strategy. I got pretty lucky there with WED and Accuracy.

Doing so frees you up to get a 6L chin sol. Which is actually more damage than a basic +4 frostferno.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Stuff like this, especially the crafting part is so helpful. Thanks. Not that I'll ever get a master to 8 in a league before burning out, but it's cool to learn about that stuff

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

BobbyK posted:

Stuff like this, especially the crafting part is so helpful. Thanks. Not that I'll ever get a master to 8 in a league before burning out, but it's cool to learn about that stuff

Yeah it's really helpful. And hopefully someone in the guild has the level 8 crafters needed, because I've been put a ton of hours in this league and my highest is only 7.5.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Going to 820 and doing a full rotation of dailies helps but still wish they would overhaul the master system to something more fun.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

most people probably have 8s now. ive had them for weeks without doing any rotations.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
One of these days I'll actually get a master in-league to 8. Probably next time I get something to 90 and plan on farming a bunch in T14+. Just buy a whole bunch of Gracious Masters and A Master Seeks Help. Unless they don't let those stack anymore.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Awesome! posted:

most people probably have 8s now. ive had them for weeks without doing any rotations.

Lol at 'most'. I'm a dirty casual, so have no 8's this league at all. Last league I got 3 or 4 to 8, which was the first time I've ever had a level 8 master. The idea of ever seeing a level 8 Zana in my hideout is laughable, even though I continue to do her daily missions for reasons that are unknown even to myself.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

Zana might be the easiest master to get to 8 now (if you actually kill shaper and Uber elder and do all her story missions)

George
Nov 27, 2004

I used to get level 8 masters every league but I hate doing it so I stopped.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
After everything else they have updated and changed the master system is now just a glaring sore spot on new leagues.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Oh fantastic, this is why I'm having disconnection issues: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2189099

loving verizon in new england, great.

Maybe I'll just not play until flashback. Or next league, if it's not fixed by then. :argh:

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

The Locator posted:

Lol at 'most'. I'm a dirty casual
ok, most people who play daily.

hitting zana 8 is actually pretty easy now with all her bonus xp for memory fragments. i went from never finishing it to finishing her before vorici now.

if someone needs lvl 8 masters im still on pretty much every night

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Masters aren't for normal sane people to max out.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Duck and Cover posted:

Masters aren't for normal sane people to max out.

you must max yours out really early then

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Awesome! posted:

you must max yours out really early then

No, dailies are a poo poo mechanic in every game that has them.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Duck and Cover posted:

No, dailies are a poo poo mechanic in every game that has them.

You did not read the subtext in that post very well.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
What's the most efficient way to spread Elder influence to see the memory fragments as fast as possible? Is there a guide for that?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Run shaper maps adjacent to elder influence basically, there's not much else you can do. Helps to be mindful of maps where shaper can come in and cut it off but sometimes you have no recourse

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

silvergoose posted:

You did not read the subtext in that post very well.

I understood it, it's just what's the point? Like I could call him a big doo doo head, he'd be cowed and ashamed of himself but really I'm better than that and prefer to talk about the issues.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.

Dr. Despair posted:

Zana might be the easiest master to get to 8 now (if you actually kill shaper and Uber elder and do all her story missions)

doing just the missions, dailies, and map zanas, with no rotas, got me all the way to 7, so it's definitely a lot easier than it used to be.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

tbh i just get sick of running masters after 7

George
Nov 27, 2004

Yeah it'd be nice to have Vorici 8 but eh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

are there any good uniques to flip while doing the corruption challenge or should i just slam it on whatever