Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Drone posted:

Probably been asked before, but does doing the Blistering Romance mission with Rogue after befriending Johnny in the previous mission lock you out of any of the other romances?

Like, I'm gonna romance Kerry probably, but his questline doesn't even unlock until after Blistering Romance (or if you didn't befriend Johnny in Chippin' In).

Whoa, wait, what? I heard about this mysterious Kerry and did those missions last night but still haven't met the guy (not that it matters for fem V), how do I tell if I've befriended Johnny or not, just generally how mean I am to him or not? As I'm typing this I'm realizing Kerry is Kerry Eurodyne and I did meet him and am a bit embarrassed how I somehow didn't connect that Kerry = Kerry.

Okay one spoily/bug question, just curious if it comes up. In the chippin in mission, got undetected all the way to the Grayson undetected. However, the stairs have a trigger to start combat for whatever reason and it plays Rogues "poo poo got messy" dialogue for the mission. Then immediately goes into the motions for shooting Grayson. I think it's probably fine though, just really wanted some credit for getting to greyson undetected. The issue is my non-lethal contacts. I chose to shoot the guy, but my headshot only knocked him out. Killed him with second shot, Johnny complimented me, but Rogue was just as despondent as when you choose not to kill him. Also, why do they even leave that to you. It's their drat revenge mission, I just heard of the dude today basically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Infinite Karma posted:

I feel like Jackie dying, and then all the rest of the betrayals by the bad guys against you and your friends, really puts a righteous rage behind the blood soaked swath that V cuts through Night City. I used to keep going if I saw Tyger Claws just hanging out on a street corner, but now I take out every last one of those bastards, and put an extra bullet in their heads once they're down. Same for the Voodoo Boys.

Ok ok, can I please pick an alt class that's just a Clouds worker and doesn't really have a lot of drama? I want to be a cyberclubkid.

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

LifeSunDeath posted:

Ok ok, can I please pick an alt class that's just a Clouds worker and doesn't really have a lot of drama? I want to be a cyberclubkid.
Clouds is exactly why I'm vigilante murdering every Tyger Claw in the city.

The Gadfly
Sep 23, 2012
Protip for the Arasaka float hacking mission:

Wear the Arasaka Hazmat Suit, and you can walk around in plain sight like you own the place.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Infinite Karma posted:

I feel like Jackie dying, and then all the rest of the betrayals by the bad guys against you and your friends, really puts a righteous rage behind the blood soaked swath that V cuts through Night City. I used to keep going if I saw Tyger Claws just hanging out on a street corner, but now I take out every last one of those bastards, and put an extra bullet in their heads once they're down. Same for the Voodoo Boys.

Maelstrom is another gang where they all seem like fair game because of the fuckedupness of their activities. In the prologue and before this video game made me violent, I would scan individuals and judge whether or not to attack them based on their crimes. Some folks didn't really do nothin wrong, but other people are straight up traffickers and poo poo.

Maelstrom are on my always-kill list, but there's one quest with a person where they ask you to please please don't do the murders. V is a nice gal so she did no murders until after the quest was complete and too-kind NPC was out of sight, then we did those murders. Win-win-win.

My favourite way to be non-violent in this game is to just be invincible. Some NCPD spots don't actually need you to defeat all the goons, you just need to search the purse or whatever and read the datapad and you beat it. Especially now that I'm 50/50 and have little mechanical reason to complete fights not tied to quest triggers, and it's a kind of badass feeling to walk in and walk out under immense gunfire unphased. Just make sure johnny didn't dress you that morning and take off all your invinca-gear

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

lemonadesweetheart posted:

I cleared Watson entirely before doing it but scrubbed that game entirely when I found out you can get extra keanu bits if you do them after the heist.

So if you do the missions early you don't get Johnny? I've completed the game and Johnny's shredded but he showed up during a Kerry mission i got afterwards.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

K8.0 posted:

I think it's more "Too many of our target audience are sitting far away from a small-ish and lovely TV".

But to inject more controversy, am I the only person who wishes RPGs were voiced less? I loving hate listening to a voice actor drone on for minutes at a time, I wish games would stop having VO for every meaningless thing you can ask an NPC. I can read at least ten times as fast as anyone can reasonably talk, I'd much rather bang out all the mostly-meaningless dialog that way and only spend time when the NPC starts talking, indicating they have something actually interesting to say.

And on a similar note, stop writing so much loving dialog. Conversations should be interesting, bits of new information to be extracted. Stuff the oft-repeated breadcrumb bits into a unified Small talk/Rumors option the way old games used to, and when a character tells me what they want, they should say it one time, not three.

This game is also very talky during missions, so far everything seems to be filled with tons of meaningless blabber while you progress through the story missions. Shut up and let me do my thing.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

mobby_6kl posted:

So if you do the missions early you don't get Johnny? I've completed the game and Johnny's shredded but he showed up during a Kerry mission i got afterwards.

There's a limit to how many missions will appear on the map before Johnny appears.

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Kokoro Wish posted:

It may never be outright stated, but from stuff that came out of Witcher 3 development, as well as stuff from other companies, it usually further voluntary overtime (that isn't actually voluntary if you want to get anywhere in corporate game development). I mean it's good for the team, and you're a team player, right..?

Yeah, I worked in the industry for a while and was curious why this game was getting an uncommon amount of flak over it - because that poo poo seems to be a constant in the industry but almost never gets any attention.

It's not that it getting attention here is bad - just that so far based on what little details there are this doesn't seem to have been an especially egregious case, while many recent examples of hardcore abuse (like the other goon pointed out with TLOU2) flew almost entirely under the radar despite chewing up and spitting out entire dev teams.

Warbadger fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Dec 25, 2020

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

TheAgent posted:

Cyberpunk is probably the worst technical game of 2020 I've played on the Playstation 4 Pro or 5. I'm going to have to stop my playthrough at this point and wait for a real next gen release and tons of fixes. loving goddamn shame since I'm a few hours away from the end.

I just can't recommend this to anyone buying it on a console, next gen system or not. CDPR burned a ton of goodwill that I hope over time they'll earn back. Disappointed because I was really, really digging the story and leaving it here bums me out. Maybe I'll try and fight the bugs and progression problems next week while I'm on vacation to finish it up.
Works great on the Series X. I'm guessing that's why they used it for their console marketing segments, but I haven't had any game ending bugs or massive crashes yet.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Several of the late game quests you get, like the corpo exclusive War Pigs, the appearance of a grenade-Clown dude or Lizzy Wizzy's are underwhelming. And the Voodoo boys quest, your collaboration with them was briefer than I thought, and it's so transparent the decisions barely matter.
Game is working towards giving me a bitter aftertaste than I had until now.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
It's easier to call out a studio that puts out a game every 4 years or so than a publisher that might blacklist your site, which will take away important early/preview access to several games a year that drive your page views

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
games media should be outlawed

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
advertising itself should obviously not be allowed, like, what, why would anyone make the world like this on purpose?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

The Gadfly posted:

Wear the Arasaka Hazmat Suit, and you can walk around in plain sight like you own the place.

what I did was going on totally hot and just kill everyone with quickhacks and bullets and made it really loving obvious.

Failing stealth in this game and getting yelled out by the quest giver is always satisfying since the reward for doing stealth is so pitiful and stupid, so I say it's on them for not paying better that the job wasn't unnoticed.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

The Gadfly posted:

Oh poo poo that's great. Know where I can find one of those? I'll kill a corpo clown to get one. That's fine too.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The Gadfly posted:

thats either true for any arasaka gear, or that mission gets bugged out easily, because i also had that experience and at most i had an arasaka hat on, but may not have even been wearing it

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

HORMELCHILI posted:

thats either true for any arasaka gear, or that mission gets bugged out easily, because i also had that experience and at most i had an arasaka hat on, but may not have even been wearing it

LOL you're like some insane cyber rocker guy with a crazy outfit and armed to the teeth, but you have a single Asakusa earring so like total security clearance, no questions asked.

Can't believe this future world has zero biometric locks, and zero hacking protection.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Sometimes missions will bug and some/all enemies in an area will not aggro

I had one goon in the float mission stay green while I popped all of his coworkers in the face, though he was on alert status and kept shouting “where are you?! Come out?!” As I stood next to him aiming a sniper rifle at his mates

And the big infiltration mission at the warehouse for goro? Only one single enemy went red once I got inside the warehouse. Just waltzed my rear end to the terminal, and then casually strolled out because I couldn’t even figure out where that single dude was shooting from

Wearing an arasaka jumpsuit probably just a coincidence, tbh
Even though it would be a rad bit of game mechanics

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I'm glad that the few minibosses in the game also have pretty terrible AI. It reminds me totally of Deus Ex HR and how all the boss fighter had a specific way to cheese them, since otherwise getting in a real firefight in that game is a drag.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Sockser posted:

Sometimes missions will bug and some/all enemies in an area will not aggro

I had one goon in the float mission stay green while I popped all of his coworkers in the face, though he was on alert status and kept shouting “where are you?! Come out?!” As I stood next to him aiming a sniper rifle at his mates

And the big infiltration mission at the warehouse for goro? Only one single enemy went red once I got inside the warehouse. Just waltzed my rear end to the terminal, and then casually strolled out because I couldn’t even figure out where that single dude was shooting from

Wearing an arasaka jumpsuit probably just a coincidence, tbh
Even though it would be a rad bit of game mechanics

I had that with the Arasaka warehouse too, though I'd assumed at the time it was because I hijacked the truck and used a "Friendly Mode" hack on the cameras. Then I got it in a random NCPD call where the leader of the Tiger Claws I was putting down went green and wouldn't acknowledge me as an enemy, even while in the "hunt for an enemy" mode.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I figured our the deal with tiger claws and smart weapons i think.

Some tiger claws, but not all, are resistant to *any* smart weapon, and your fire will fly away from them, neo style, easily seen if you fire a smart shotgun at them. This is true whatever your smart link, purchased or the tattoo.

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

I'm sorry for derail but I'm not sure where elese to ask - my ps4 pro is dead and I want to get a controller for my PC - do I just get some random xbox controller? I used ds4windows before to use my PS4 controller but the glyphs being off always throws me off.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

nuketulsa posted:

I'm sorry for derail but I'm not sure where elese to ask - my ps4 pro is dead and I want to get a controller for my PC - do I just get some random xbox controller? I used ds4windows before to use my PS4 controller but the glyphs being off always throws me off.

You can use the dualshock with the game, no need for ds4windows. The game uses the right symbols.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I am so conflicted about where yo put my attribute points with such a low max level.

I'm a sneaking assassin type with a silenced pistol + SMG Which means Cool and Reflexes.

But I also want to be able to hack everything and craft the good stuff which means Intelligence and Tech ability.

Combing to something like 80 skill points (minus starting points) and of course some body so I can grapple people.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Chippin'in quest was also somewhat disappointing, in that it could have been fun to fully play it, but instead you only have a cut montage. You cowards!

A thought I have been simmering for a while is that the game's story fails at a particular point. I remember many years before, CDPR commented on how the big challenge of the game was to reach the same level of emotional and cinematic beats like TW3 in a game with no predetermined character, unlike TW3. But imo, it falls back from time to time into being the story of a predetermined character, about Johnny Silverhand (and his ex Alt, and his old pal Rogue and his old enemy Smasher, etc), and less about V and her friends and enemies. In a way, I think they have 'cheated' because V's story is 50% not about her

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

V is definitely not a blank slate character, you can play up/down certain aspects of their personality but you definitely don't get as many reactions as NV gives you.

Which is fine, the gun play is just so much better than New Vegas. I really treat this game as a different take on Stalker than anything else. I just wish I had more random fights to use all my OP as poo poo abilities in.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Then even more ridiculously it apparently didn’t matter if I actually bothered to shoot at anyone because the whole thing was just scripted for them to die at set points right down to the finale, where you’re meant to be desperately emptying your gun into the face of a dude trying to kill you.
Yeah I hated this at the beginning of Act 2. I don’t find car chase shooting fun, and I resent being made to do it pointedly without shooting feedback. I unloaded a whole clip into a cyborg and he only reacted to being shot once I was in the middle of a reload animation.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Bakeneko's don't have reflections, right? Just a normal cat...

Having replayed Act 1 (the hotfix ate my saves) the cat is in the alley when you leave Viktor’s for the first time, didn’t notice that before

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

https://i.imgur.com/Vca2vLB.mp4

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Basic Chunnel posted:

Yeah I hated this at the beginning of Act 2. I don’t find car chase shooting fun, and I resent being made to do it pointedly without shooting feedback. I unloaded a whole clip into a cyborg and he only reacted to being shot once I was in the middle of a reload animation.

that particular instance worked for me, because you're dealing with top of the line cyborg assassins. your dinky pistol, and amateur hacking should have basically no effect no them.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Having replayed Act 1 (the hotfix ate my saves) the cat is in the alley when you leave Viktor’s for the first time, didn’t notice that before

i noticed it, hence why i didn't realize they were that rare at first

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
The scavs in the van in act 1 are the same, they just crash into a wall at a scripted point even if you don't kill any of them

Must have been Arasaka scavs

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Best AI companion so far is by far my motorcycle. That when summoned can decide to knock over an SUV and then blast off into the sunset without me. Mission Accomplished.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

the crafting in this game makes no sense. when crafting a mod, the rarity seems completely random (i don't think it's actually related to that 10% free craft perk). which means you can get higher tier components from the lower tier. and i'm pretty sure you get more components than you started with.

this isn't an exploit. it's just fundamentally nonsense.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

LifeSunDeath posted:

LOL you're like some insane cyber rocker guy with a crazy outfit and armed to the teeth, but you have a single Asakusa earring so like total security clearance, no questions asked.

Can't believe this future world has zero biometric locks, and zero hacking protection.

dude my government got severely hacked bc some goober made their password just be the name-of-the-company123. I absolutely believe the future world will be totally lacking in all sorts of security failsafes that exist. also they do kind of lampshade it in the mission itself, security chief is totally wigging out b/c the security here is way too poo poo to risk such a high value VIP

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

dyzzy posted:

The scavs in the van in act 1 are the same, they just crash into a wall at a scripted point even if you don't kill any of them

Must have been Arasaka scavs

One of the missions has a chase scene with the Wraiths in the badlands. The wraiths in the cars can be killed during the chase scene, but the cars will continue driving until they explode or crash at specific scripted points.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Rinkles posted:

the crafting in this game makes no sense. when crafting a mod, the rarity seems completely random (i don't think it's actually related to that 10% free craft perk). which means you can get higher tier components from the lower tier. and i'm pretty sure you get more components than you started with.

It really is a bizarre crafting system. I can confirm you can make armor mods and make higher quality stuff without the crafting perks. Only crafting perk I had was more parts from disassembling and I was able to make myself enough epic armor mods to make myself invincible.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ughhhh posted:

One of the missions has a chase scene with the Wraiths in the badlands. The wraiths in the cars can be killed during the chase scene, but the cars will continue driving until they explode or crash at specific scripted points.

There's a mission that ends permanently as failed if you hack the drivers. Even if they don't die, they are incapable of resuming their routine once disrupted.

I've also had some odd times where I've called my own vehicle, but then it doesn't stop for me... it just like, auto drives itself away. I followed it for a long time and as far as I can tell it would've driven on forever, but it got stuck behind a bugged car in traffic and despawned when I looked away too long. Seems like my summoned car picked up generic road AI instead of stopping to let me get in.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Ok I have a weird possible bug.

The Hackathon perk is supposed to give you 33% CDR for 5 mins, assuming you upload 3 daemons at once...

However I also have Head Start which automatically uploads the first daemon.

I never see a Hackathon buff on my status near my health when I successfully hack an access point, and I have a sneaking suspicion that because Head Start is autocompleting the first hack, I’m not actually triggering Hackathon because the game only sees me actually completing 2 Daemons.

Can anyone confirm deny/this? If Head Start actually precludes you from triggering Hackathon or Efficiency then it would be a very big trap indeed.

Is there anyway I could test this besides spending 80K on a reset chip?

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Rinkles posted:

I honestly hate crafting, not just in this game but in general. I want to find and procure gear, I dont want to grind up garbage and randomly pull a slot machine lever over and over. I get that finding loot and making loot are fundamentally the same thing, I just prefer the former illusion of progress over the later.

I guess what I'm saying is, that I dont feel like I'm missing out on anything because everytime I dip into the system I am continually impressed with how garbage it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

Ok I have a weird possible bug.

The Hackathon perk is supposed to give you 33% CDR for 5 mins, assuming you upload 3 daemons at once...

However I also have Head Start which automatically uploads the first daemon.

I never see a Hackathon buff on my status near my health when I successfully hack an access point, and I have a sneaking suspicion that because Head Start is autocompleting the first hack, I’m not actually triggering Hackathon because the game only sees me actually completing 2 Daemons.

Can anyone confirm deny/this? If Head Start actually precludes you from triggering Hackathon or Efficiency then it would be a very big trap indeed.

Is there anyway I could test this besides spending 80K on a reset chip?

are you sure that access points count as a breach?