Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Lobok posted:

Doesn't feel right that the site loads instantly.

That's on us

Samuringa fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

One of the images near the end of the page (next to Coulson and Fury headshots) is broken and I think that's on purpose. The image name is excelsior.jpg so Stan Lee is a dead link?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

I was gonna say "bold to copy Sony's Spider-Man-without-Spider-Man Cinematic Universe strategy" sarcastically but then I remembered that apparently Venom made a bunch of money and was reviewed as actually not that bad so what the gently caress do I know.

The Justice League was bad, a Batman vs. Superman movie was bad and Aquaman is now somehow the second most successful flick DC's made in a decade. loving down is up and up is down.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Feb 9, 2019

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Jamesman posted:

This is very good. They need to do more 90's style marketing for this movie.

If I'm not handed a complimentary slap bracelet at the theater, then forget this movie.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
forget that i need my collectable foil pogs

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Jamesman posted:

This is very good. They need to do more 90's style marketing for this movie.

It made me wish I still remembered what my geocities and fortunecity page's url. They were so awful.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Arist posted:

Hey guys welcome to my webzone

https://www.marvel.com/captainmarvel

That's outstanding :perfect:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Samuringa posted:

That's on us

Honestly it doesn't feel right that any site loads that fast. Back then we had simple websites but lovely modems. Now we have insane bandwidth but the websites are lovely and bloated.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bruceski posted:

One of the images near the end of the page (next to Coulson and Fury headshots) is broken and I think that's on purpose. The image name is excelsior.jpg so Stan Lee is a dead link?

The links are at i.annihil.us . I wonder if that's foreshadowing.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I dunno who at marvel chose that as their backend server name but every time i see it when i load up the marvel.com site it makes me laugh

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

site posted:

I dunno who at marvel chose that as their backend server name but every time i see it when i load up the marvel.com site it makes me laugh

Oh, that's just their backend server name? Ah well.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

site posted:

where can i ask carol to join my webring

e: lol theres a popup of the old lady skrull you can punch

e2:

https://twitter.com/io9/status/1094001623486136326

/r/nottheonion

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am 100% behind this even though it's likely 100% bullshit

https://lifestyle.diply.com/29846/i...83lpDuEs0Xccbk4

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Cast him and let the Safdie bros direct

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's weird but I love Robert Pattinson. He was just so drat powerful in Remember Me that I'm willing to give anything he does a chance. He's be an amazing Bruce Wayne.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Buff Robert Pattinson is an inspired casting choice. 100% bullshit though, yeah.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Affleck started as a BS rumor so I'm just gonna be hopeful.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Bruceski posted:

I saw this too, but there's also a tiny Stan Lee at the very bottom of the page, past the copyright or whatever.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

That sucks.

https://twitter.com/Kotaku/status/1093572099019628544?s=19

Here's a possible palate cleanser, an awesome black cosplayer doing all sorts of roles, male, female, whatever, always with the giant curly hair. She also started getting some serious racist hate yesterday when a certain site found her and started sharing racist memes on Facebook, but she rules.

That is super awesome. I'm really glad black women in the US are making strides in reclaiming their right to have natural hair. Having your normal hair being considered "wild" and "unprofessional" is a level of discrimination I can't imagine having to deal with, and yet we don't even think about that poo poo.

X-O posted:

Facebook is the land of the 60+ olds. I don't think we have many of them here? I'm not even sure we have many over 40 yet. I still got a while to go before I get there.

Rhyno is 85.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I am 100% behind this even though it's likely 100% bullshit

https://lifestyle.diply.com/29846/i...83lpDuEs0Xccbk4

I'll take it but he'd be a better Joker.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

We already got a good Joker for arthouse DC.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Teenage Fansub posted:

We already got a good Joker for arthouse DC.

Yeah, he's so nefarious he trapped all the extras in subway cars and made them pee their pants

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I hope he uses that classic Joker line "nobody laughs at the Joker's boner!"

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Man I cannot wait for Leto to stop being a thing. I’m kinda shocked MeToo hasn’t really caught up with him yet given all those stories of him with young groupies.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
If it's coming for Leto it'll get Phoenix too, he's at minimum complicit with most of what Casey Affleck has been accused of.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
I know this isn't the TV thread, but still kinda relevant I think.

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1095010827030151168

The takeaway from this is that Marvel isn't going all-in on exclusive content for the Disney streaming service... just yet. I'm also not sure how an animation deal like this is sorted out, but this would be the first project featuring a mutant since the FOX deal.

Also it may or may not be telling that this is a deal made with Hulu and not Netflix, given how Marvel/Disney's relationship over there has been going.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Disney owns a stake in Hulu, so it's really not surprising.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

rantmo posted:

Disney owns a stake in Hulu, so it's really not surprising.

Since the Fox deal they own the majority stake.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I will always consider Hulu primarily an NBC property because of the initial commercials for it being pitched by Jack Donaghy

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I will always consider Hulu primarily an NBC property because of the initial commercials for it being pitched by Jack Donaghy

I do not like Tina Fey as a person but I do really miss 30 Rock sometimes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The only thing that upsets me at that news is that is means there's a pretty low chance of a live action Dazzler now.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Koalas March posted:

I do not like Tina Fey as a person but I do really miss 30 Rock sometimes.

How I'm feeling about Parks & Rec these days.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Jamesman posted:

How I'm feeling about Parks & Rec these days.

Is there something horrible I don’t know about Amy Poehler/Nick Offerman, or is this about Aziz being a creep?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Lol why did they announce it in the first place then

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1095016251368165376?s=19

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Is there something horrible I don’t know about Amy Poehler/Nick Offerman, or is this about Aziz being a creep?

Ellen page called Chris pratt out last week for attending a virulently anti queer church

site fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 11, 2019

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Wait what did Tina Fey do?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Rob Lowe is a Trumpster and Chris Pratt funds the death of homosexuals.

Also Rashida Jones has some pretty bad opinions on sex workers and produces that series on Netflix that's really lovely about them.

The Dave posted:

Wait what did Tina Fey do?

I think she's also in the same boat as Rashida.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

site posted:

Ellen page called Chris pratt out last week for attending a virulently anti queer church

Turns out it's a pretty popular Hollywood type chuch. There's a list of members circulating around including people like Bieber, Selena Gomez, and Hailee Steinfeld.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Everyone has a bad opinion about something. I wonder how long this cultural moment can last.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

X-O posted:

Turns out it's a pretty popular Hollywood type chuch. There's a list of members circulating around including people like Bieber, Selena Gomez, and Hailee Steinfeld.

Wait, the new agey cool bro hipster Hollywood church is anti-gay? How?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Wait, the new agey cool bro hipster Hollywood church is anti-gay? How?

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2019/02/11/hillsong-church-anti-lgbt/