Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I watch this all the way through at least once a year. Hard to believe that there were nights where Sopranos, Six Feet Under AND The Wire were all right after each other.

Charmaine Bucco appears to be the only morally sound person on the show until you realize she has no problem taking money for all the food Tony's crew eats (even complaining to Artie that Tony is overdue on this tab) or even providing catering for charity events or weddings. "Arthur, someone donated their kneecaps for those tickets" but she never bans them all as it's "good for business". I do wonder if she ever figured out Tony burned down the place in Season 1 or not.

Season 1 is definitely a dark comedy and without it, I don't think you could have shows like Barry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill

Stefan Prodan posted:

i love when junior is in the fuckin mental facility at the end and he doesn't know what to write or something I can't remember what the scene is but the nurse goes "you could make a hand turkey" and he goes "for christmas? loving idiot" lmao

also I didn't even notice about the finale until my friend pointed it out, the guy who Tony is watching goes into the bathroom last we see of him. so it makes sense like as an homage to the godfather tony gets shot by a guy coming straight out of the bathroom to shoot him (by uh the director not the guy in-universe doing an homage to the godfather)

Remember in S2 when Chris has a coma dream about hell and Mikey Palmice says to tell Tony "three o'clock"?

The bathroom is located at Tony's three o'clock in the final scene

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

also, the street names of the two black dudes that come into the diner are "Only" and "Members", which was the original name of the show (mafia is only for members)

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
MUDDAH

FUCKIN

ORANGE PEEL BEEF

:mad:

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Why don't you get the gently caress outta here before I shove your quotations book up your fat fuckin' rear end!

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

I like this clip because we see Chris come out twice

rap music posted:

Mr Williams gets my vote for best character

stupida facking game

The Saucer Hovers posted:

also, the street names of the two black dudes that come into the diner are "Only" and "Members", which was the original name of the show (mafia is only for members)

:dafuq:

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

rap music posted:

Why don't you get the gently caress outta here before I shove your quotations book up your fat fuckin' rear end!

You should read Tomato Sauce For Your rear end, it's the Italian version.

I love that scene where Junior is watching Curb Your Enthusiasm and things it's him and Bobby on TV.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Bonzo posted:

You should read Tomato Sauce For Your rear end, it's the Italian version.

I love that scene where Junior is watching Curb Your Enthusiasm and things it's him and Bobby on TV.

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Ho! Alllllaymsayinn is dis...

Drea De Matteo am I right or am I right?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

interwhat posted:

Ho! Alllllaymsayinn is dis...

Drea De Matteo am I right or am I right?

owwwwaaahhhh

The episode where Tony is doing coke with Adrianna and nearly fuckers her was really weird.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

AIDS?!?!

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Tony and Christopher are only like 4 years apart irl

Also James gandolfini was 38 in s1 if anyone wants to feel old

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Nobody’s got AIDS!

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

rap music posted:

Bill Clinton was president when season 1 aired.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

*gets high and throws poo poo in the pool*

which soprano am i

dsf
Jul 1, 2004
The Sopranos is the "Dark Souls" of TV programs. I will not explain myself.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i like the one with SHUM pulp

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

loving YouTube let’s me watch that gently caress Phil Leotardo get loving whacked every loving day.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Poor, you!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bonzo posted:

Bill Clinton was president when season 1 aired.
He plays Mario Kart 64 with AJ in a Season One episode.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

GolfHole posted:

which soprano am i

tony blundetto's kids

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

mind the walrus posted:

He plays Mario Kart 64 with AJ in a Season One episode.

with one hand

this takes real skill

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Szyznyk posted:

loving YouTube let’s me watch that gently caress Phil Leotardo get loving whacked every loving day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AC1FoIQVV0

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

rap music posted:

tony blundetto's kids

Vito's kid is that one that went goth threw a turd in the gym shower.

I really wish we would have seen Harpo, Janice's kid

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Woke up this morning
Sucked myself a dick
Made that dude cum
Hard and loving quick

Said you're looking kid
You got a new toothpaste smile
Shame about it
Work under a bad light
Goo got in your eyes

Aww ye

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Bonzo posted:

I really wish we would have seen Harpo, Janice's kid

Sacré bleu, where is me mama? :haw:

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

GolfHole posted:

which soprano am i

Unless you're throwing yourself in, definitely not AJ

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

GolfHole posted:

which soprano am i

Lady Gaga (uncredited)

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

shoutout to the scene where tony gets on a scale and it says 300lb, so he takes off all his clothes and it says 296 and he sighs in relief, and then presumably goes and eats slices of salami from the fridge like potato chips

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

"Oh poo poo" guy gives me so much loving life.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

shoutout to the scene where tony gets on a scale and it says 300lb, so he takes off all his clothes and it says 296 and he sighs in relief, and then presumably goes and eats slices of salami from the fridge like potato chips

And then makes an ice cream sundae

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

the only character i wanted to get whacked more than phil was aj

crubbleman
Jul 23, 2021

by Koos Group

Oh Don Piano posted:

I found season one dvds at thrift store and watched that and thats fine. Maybe one day ill find the rest somewhere out there. If im meant to see it thats fine

do you not have a tv with streaming capabilities on it?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

mind the walrus posted:

"Oh poo poo" guy gives me so much loving life.

Forget Saints of Newark. I want a movie about this guy.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I have this bitchin complete series Sopranos box set.

I got it for $20 on FB Marketplace.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

I also have a 5 disc DVD changer. So I only have to change discs like once per season. :cool:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

rap music posted:

I'm 38 and that makes me feel young because I just stopped getting carded and he looked like a pile of poo poo at 38.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Please don't encourage Italian so called culture itt. Keep your unlimited breadsticks to yourself, roman

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps
My fiancé and I are watching the sopranos. First time for her, second time for me. We’re halfway through series 3 and I know it’s Pine Barrens soon and I am horny as all hell for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
sopranos is american trailer park boys