Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

xxEightxx posted:

Did the most recent patch gently caress with how quickly power armor uses cores, I seem to be tearing through them now.

Thirst, hunger and core all see to randomly drop huge amounts now. Like some timer is glitching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Thirst, hunger and core all see to randomly drop huge amounts now. Like some timer is glitching.

:psyduck:

They have a gift for this.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
A strange game. The only winning move is not to play.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

ASenileAnimal posted:

yep ive had enough of this game. on top of the endless bugs, its boring as gently caress once you hit about level 20-25 and your damage output cant keep up with the bullet sponge enemies. i guess youre supposed to group up with the rapidly shrinking playerbase. fallout 76 speedrun but its me uninstalling the game and declaring that i won.

I had the opposite problem, most enemies died in two hits after I got some OP gear from the very poorly thought through legendary affix system. It seems the normal gear is basically useless while some legendary combos trivialize the content with no real middle ground. There is no hope for this trash fire.

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

frajaq posted:

This would've been better, having the player have a army-model pipboy and not a usual-vault model

amazing how this solid sequence looked so bad in their poo poo engine

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Are we still throwing out weird "WE WANNA BE OLD FALLOUT" games? Another -- Russian dev, but with some people who worked in original sin 1 and 2. A kickstarter game, Encased!

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Early access crpg? :yikes:

BillyC
Feb 19, 2013

everythin' under heaven is in utter chaos, cloud

Bread Liar
Standing by for the inevitable milkshake duck on that one.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Excited for it to come out and be disappointing in seven years

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Early access crpg? :yikes:

I did this years ago for Grim Dawn.

They only had gameplay till the first town or something like that. I really really really liked it, but I have not played since then (to what feels more than 10 years).

Can't recommend. Early access is for sandbox games.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Tei posted:

I did this years ago for Grim Dawn.

They only had gameplay till the first town or something like that. I really really really liked it, but I have not played since then (to what feels more than 10 years).

Can't recommend. Early access is for sandbox games.

Grim dawn is an arpg though, it works for those because its just loot grinding and you can add to that over time, look at path of exile which was the same way.

Crpgs are like, baldurs gate or pillars of eternity. Imagine if the poe 1 launched with 2 companions and just a few zones. That isn't a very good game.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Crpgs are like, baldurs gate or pillars of eternity. Imagine if the poe 1 launched with 2 companions and just a few zones. That isn't a very good game.

Story-based games with early access don't make much sense to me, has a consumer. It would spoil the story for me, and I hate to replay story in any medium.

But maybe it works for uber-fans that what they want is to help develop a game, and are less interested in consuming it, they want to sort of co-create it.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

excited to find out how racist or homophobic the developers of this one are

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Berke Negri posted:

excited to find out how racist or homophobic the developers of this one are

You already got your answer,

Crabtree posted:

A... Russian dev

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

the concept art of this game looks real solid!!!!!.... yeah I got nothing

frajaq fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Feb 5, 2019

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
Bethesda sent me an email yesterday saying they were giving me an additional 500 atoms to "compensate" for the long wait on the replacement canvas bag. What a poo poo show.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Bethesda sent me an email yesterday saying they were giving me an additional 500 atoms to "compensate" for the long wait on the replacement canvas bag. What a poo poo show.

3 more of those and you can buy a power armor skin!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Haha they still haven't given people their bags yet?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ASenileAnimal posted:

yep ive had enough of this game. on top of the endless bugs, its boring as gently caress once you hit about level 20-25 and your damage output cant keep up with the bullet sponge enemies. i guess youre supposed to group up with the rapidly shrinking playerbase. fallout 76 speedrun but its me uninstalling the game and declaring that i won.

Lmaooooooowned you paid money for this game

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SwitchbladeKult posted:

Hahahahahah you paid even more loving money for this game

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
I get the feeling that Bethesda makes their money from Stockholm Syndrome.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

paying money for any game in 2019 lol

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

feedmegin posted:

Or she is in fact pregnant with a second child.

Yeah, "pregnant" can be used metaphorically to mean something like "imminent" but "obviously pregnant with a worried expression" means she has a baby bump and looks concerned

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Siljmonster posted:

Lmaooooooowned you paid money for this game

lol owned

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Siljmonster posted:

paid money for this game

:captainpop:

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Money growns on GPUs anyway (bitcoins)

(It used to be trees)

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Tei posted:

(It used to be trees)

:psypop:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Tei posted:

(It used to be trees)

Yeah, and at this rate it won’t be long before everyone who owns Fallout 76 is, unbeknownst to them, mining bitcoin.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Ariong posted:

Yeah, and at this rate it won’t be long before everyone who owns Fallout 76 is, unbeknownst to them, mining bitcoin.

lol

This will not yield many bitcoins.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Free Fallout76 to mine those precious ATOMS!

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Crabtree posted:

Free Fallout76 to mine those precious ATOMS!

Would any of you like to buy my delicious waste-heat-dehydrated mutated strawberries?

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lmao that you spent money on this game instead of like on a gamer chair for me to sit on

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Tei posted:

(It used to be trees)

Could you imagine using the incredible ecological cost that comes from Bitcoin and then spending that on loving fallout 76

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Zelder posted:

Could you imagine using the incredible ecological cost that comes from Bitcoin and then spending that on loving fallout 76

Playing a fake post-apocalyptic world to create a real post-apocalyptic world, makes sense.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

I purchased and 100%'d Huniecam so quickly that I still get friends shaming me over it. And I deserve to be shamed. But I did not praise the game. I called it fucked up. That's how fucked up it is: it's up there with Princess Maker as far as poster body counts.
Soiled Meat

Powershift posted:

Playing a fake post-apocalyptic world to create a real post-apocalyptic world, makes sense.

They too were disappointed when they couldnt launch a nuke on new years eve. This game bums out every fan.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
On the plus side, at least we know crunch is not an issue at Bethesda

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Donovan Trip posted:

On the plus side, at least we know crunch is not an issue at Bethesda

Yeah, it probably is. They were probably trucking along a year into a 3 year development cycle when Todd kicked the door in and screamed "it's an online game now, and get it done in 6 months or I'll eat your first born child"

They've been hammering away for 18 hours a day hunting down bugs since it came out but it's like trying to staple jello together.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I haven’t really been keeping up with F76 so I’m curious...lorewise....does it butcher the existing canon or is it harmless self insert story wise?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

I haven’t really been keeping up with F76 so I’m curious...lorewise....does it butcher the existing canon or is it harmless self insert story wise?

it keeps hackin and whackin and smackin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

lalaland posted:

amazing how this solid sequence looked so bad in their poo poo engine

now you have me thinking of a stylistically cel shaded fallout game that has a 50s Better Living ad aesthetic