Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

PCOS Bill posted:

That's uh, just an old lady

Old white ladies all look alike to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Nitrox posted:

Old white ladies all look alike to me

This racism is unacceptable, please stop.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Hey old ladies get ready for Obama's Death Panels Part 2 #Killary

nocal
Mar 7, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

That's uh, just an old lady

Actuallyhis name is Donald Trump, he is an American candidate for president, he just has weird old lady hair

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Karate Bastard posted:

In all honesty I wish there was a criminal offense such as "unlawful stupiding" punishable by humiliation or death.

If "being an idiot" was an offense, they'd need to build bigger jails.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Oh it gets worse

American public school system. They probably were never taught anything beyond "the pilgrims and Indians broke bread and happy Thanksgiving"

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Len posted:

American public school system. They probably were never taught anything beyond "the pilgrims and Indians broke bread and happy Thanksgiving"

Pretty much, especially schools in the south. I knew a lot about American history because I am a huge dork but was not taught more than the above formally until my junior year of highschool.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esblJ5Pp_TY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdzsxEKwCHc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7u9hP4r1S8

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Len posted:

What?

Even when I was in HS all I heard was how awful the white man was.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Educational standards vary from state to state, and sometimes county to county. You wouldn't believe how many students had to sign up for remedial classes in English and Math when I went to college because what counted as passing at their school wasn't even considered entry level for an accredited college.

edit: and this was almost 20 years ago, I don't even want to think about how bad things are now.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Karate Bastard posted:

In all honesty I wish there was a criminal offense such as "unlawful stupiding" punishable by humiliation or death.

im into that

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

pro starcraft loser posted:

What?

That's pretty sad.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

PCOS Bill posted:

That's pretty sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmyV5g3WF4w

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

What?

Well, the white man hasn't given any evidence to the contrary. #noDALP vs Bundy bros situations? Yeah, right there, at this exact moment, in this very country.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Oh it gets worse

Genuinely not sure if this is sports related or if these people are in favor of the Dakota Access Pipeline.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Jamesman posted:

Genuinely not sure if this is sports related or if these people are in favor of the Dakota Access Pipeline.

Who says they're mutually exclusive? :v:

Super Dan
Jan 26, 2006

Len posted:

Except they clearly know that the Trail of Tears is something that happened. This isn't ignorance, this is just racism.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
You might find this hard to believe, but most people don't spend every waking second wondering whether a reference to a 200 year old event will offend someone.

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

blarzgh posted:

You might find this hard to believe, but most people don't spend every waking second wondering whether a reference to a 200 year old event will offend someone.

Probably because it only takes a second of thought to realize that it will?

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

blarzgh posted:

Here are some events from that decade. You pick the one where a lighthearted reference would be offensive

-the moon is photographed
-rubber is vulcanized
-telegraph is invented
-Darwin sails around on the HMS Beagle
-Trail of Tears

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Oh it gets worse

Every last one of these better be from "Andrew Jackson High School."

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

IncredibleIgloo posted:

Probably because it only takes a second of thought to realize that it will?

The only difference between us is that I don't pretend to be surprised and clutch my pearls that a bunch of 16 year olds did something stupid.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Here are some events from that decade. You pick the one where a lighthearted reference would be offensive

-Darwin sails around on the HMS Beagle

:bahgawd:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

blarzgh posted:

The only difference between us is that I don't pretend to be surprised and clutch my pearls that a bunch of 16 year olds did something stupid.

They don't LOOK 16

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Rumda posted:

They don't LOOK 16

Based on experience, this argument doesn't hold up no matter how many times you try to use it as a defense.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jamesman posted:

Based on experience, this argument doesn't hold up no matter how many times you try to use it as a defense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz9OgW4JAJ8

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
i dont think we need to get too upset, clearly those 16 year schoolless orphans have zero adults in their daily lives (because any adult even anywhere near them would immediately have stepped in and nixed the whole thing), so presumably a solid 25% of them will be dead by christmas. we may only be seeing the survivors already. i'd consider that punishment enough

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Len posted:

wtf gently caress

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Snapchat A Titty posted:

wtf gently caress

Same. Graduated in '93 in central-Indiana and history was the most depressing part of the day because it was basically semester after semester of the atrocities white guys had done throughout the ages.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

What?

nononono you misunderstood, those people were talking about you specifically

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I graduated in 07 and I don't think we learned at any point about the bad things us white folks did. It was all Yay America! We're the best! I know Ohio revised the history courses before I graduated thanks to the switching of standardized tests but my graduating class didn't even cover anything past WW2.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

You know why people watch trashy reality TV shows? Because they like judging other people to feel themselves superior. Acting incensed and self-righteous over click-baity news snippets is the same thing.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
i dont think its really the same thing but ok

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

you know who else got incensed and self-righteous??

that's right,

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

you know who else got incensed and self-righteous??

that's right,

Oh i know this one

blarzgh

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

no i was going to say hitler. that's mean

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jesus as well

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

My guess was going to be MLK Jr.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Super Dan posted:

Except they clearly know that the Trail of Tears is something that happened. This isn't ignorance, this is just racism.

I'd say it's more indifference than racism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Maybe this funny picture of a cat will get you to stop talking about sociopolitical issues.

• Locked thread